Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e2SA4GyXb2U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

move on bro

Old Sugimori is best Sugimori.

But his ability to draw QTs has remained intact

I can't user. It hurts.

Sugimori isn't the sole artist anymore.

Yusuke Ohmura, Megumi Mizutani, Takao Unno and Hitoshi Ariga contribute to the character design pool among others.

Left is a grotesque disfigured goblin that looks like it's drawn by a computer, literally nothing but straight lines.
Right is usual animu boy

All the old shit is just copying Akira Toriyama. Everything is stiff and rigid.

Holy shit that one left looks some sort of overweight gremlin. Right looks good though.

>not posting the real crime against nature

>GS Ethan
>HGSS Ethan
>not Crystal Ethan

I fucking love the older style of drawing clothing

It looks nothing like dbz retard

What's the problem?

i miss the old style since it was more unique and made the characters distinctly identifiable as pokemon characters
but the new style characters are cute

Better Pokemon, but fucked up looking people.

Those tiny ass legs wtf

You're blind if you can't see the AT influence

You're fucking retarded if you do. Looks nothing like dbz or dragon quest or any of that shit

No tits :^)

Gen IV and V were still okay.

>that one tooth sameface on every fucking girl
Gen VI was when it finally went into the shitter.

Brendan looks like the kind of dude who would endure a journey through Hoenn from the top of mountains to the deep sea, May looks like a contestfag who can't spend 20 minutes under the sun without getting a sun burn, unlike her older design which looked more balanced

This only becomes more awkward if you're playing as the male trainer since her father is a researcher yet she looks like she never leaves her house

You could pretty easily draw Vegeta over Gary desu

>Charizard in Chinese is Lizardon

Whoa!

Retarded nintentoddlers will argue with you, but you're 100% correct.

Yeah, but you'd still slam her.

see

Left is basically "I can't draw for shit, how the hell did these guys hire me as their designer?"

Brendan's ORAS outfit is the most fitting for the actual region of Hoenn, which has no cold mountain tops like you say, and his shorts are much better suited to diving than his old baggy long sleeved pants. Plus the general cyclist look it has for the region with the strongest Bike presence. The only issues I have with it is the old band of the hat had a better design on it, and the color choices are an awkward compromise of RS and E when going all one or the other would look a lot better, especially the RS colors.

May's design is eh. It still coveys the old tomboyish feeling, but it's got more of a girly feeling to it as well with the bow and frilly shirt hem. I can't imagine anyone always staying indoors wearing those tight spats and those Jean shorts over them, though.

Also both could stand to keep the gloves.

>jolteon is "thunders" and zapdos is "thunder"

this is even in the same gen how the fuck is this acceptable

>umbreon is blackie

Reminder that Gold is canonically the strongest trainer.

Holy shit. Left is such a fucking manlet

>child is an adultlet

wow

>ethan

Yeah but Nate canonically beat every trainer at the PWT, including Red. Wouldn't this make him the strongest contender for most powerful Pokémon trainer?
>pic unrelated

Genwunners have severe autism, and the left one looks like bad Dragon Ball fanart.

No u

That's his canon name.

Nate/Rosa and Sun/Moon also beat Red though.

PWT isn´t canon.

Not even a Pokeoldfag, but Nu-Gold and Lyra are by far the worst designed protagonists in the series.

Let's not forget about SM MC

>That's his canon name.
His name is Gold motherfucker.

But Gold beat him when he was still at his prime, training over a year in harshest conditions. And all that happened only a month after Gold even became trainer.

BW and SUN were fighting washed up leftovers. Red probably became a drunktard after Gold´s beating.

>he beat muh Red
Strongest trainer is this dude

Not a fan of Ethan, but Lyra's the best female MC. Huge improvement over Kris, who was already fantastic.

>"disfigured goblin"
>"overweight gremlin"
is that gay pedophile lingo for every child that isn't effeminate boipussy

Strongest trainer. This jobber ?

youtube.com/watch?v=e2SA4GyXb2U

yeah, in the small anime special
his game name is gold

I think my biggest problem about the non-pokemon character designs in the newer games is how their faces all look the same. Huge eyes, shit-eating grin. God, I swear the Sun/Moon MC makes the same face for 99% of the game. The only time I recall ever seeing a different expression is during the Legendary Pokemon summoning scene.

Maybe I'm only nitpicking about this because of the switch to 3D meaning you see so much more of the characters in the overworld.

In the anime, his name was Jimmy. In HGSS, he is finally given a proper name, Ethan.

You'll never get anymore Krys and her amazing spats and thighs.

No, that's how you describe a poorly drawn bunch of lines resembling humanoid abominations with it's ears growing out of lower jaw you dumb nigger

Your "biggest problem" that literally only applies to the player, and only in SM out of all the 3D games?
Huh-uh.

his name was changed to Ethan in the remakes, though, that's what he means

he was called Jimmy in the anime, anyway

somewhere after Hoenn the games just started having this vibe that really bothers me, everything looks fashionable, clean, happy, safe and well, black and white you know?

CANONICAL STRONGEST TRAINER

SISSY SHOTA POSTERS GET ES ESSED NIGGA

The default MC eyes since XY are definitely the most common, but there's also as much if not more variation in faces in general than there were prior to them.

Not a fan of the sorts of clothes a lot of characters wear in more recent titles, though. Still like the GSC era the most for clothing design. XY was pretty good there too, a strange lapse.

not really

I can't remember where I read it but apparently Gold beating Red was only done by the player and gold did not actually beat Red in canon.

it went from "earth but with pokemon" to "an entire planet all about pokemon"
like how everything's a pokeball and pikachu's face is plastered on everything, and everyone's cheerful and pokemon don't kill each other
the only thing remotely unhappy since those games are sun and moon's unusually dark pokedex entries

>gets beaten by FOUR different protagonists

The spats are the only thing that saves Kris
Besides that she's terrible

Literal semen demon and canon stalker / child molester.

>Pokémon don't kill each other except when they kill each other

What

Modern Pokemon designs are like poetry.

Only crime is against my dick
ORAS Brendan was fucking horrible though

Dark shit happens in all the games, though Kanto's the only one to really make it obvious at all with Marowak dying being a mandatory thing to find out about, and it doesn't push the general friendship let's all work together to make a better world rhetoric as much.

The whole "everything's a pokeball and pikachu's face is plastered on everything" is definitely a thing though, it's an attempt to make Pokemon have a more universal appeal by not trying to root it too hard in our world. That's why the anime and games don't use any real language in the various backgrounds since Gen III, for example. Pretty sure 4kids were the ones who planted that little idea. Plus after Kanto they started making up names for the regions instead of using the real-world names, and cutting out shit like "indian elephant".

yeah, everything is just so fucking happy all the time, i was playing Black not long ago and i got annoyed by that, not a single moment of conflict that wasn't caused by the evil team, nobody complaining or saying anything interesting or funny, no jerks, just people being happy with the lives they had and thats it

>responding to bait

My wife Chicken-chan is so cute

You should play the games from time to time instead of shitposting without having no idea what you're talking about, and if you don't maybe don't smash A like an autist and talk to NPCs.
There's a shitload of NPCs with sad stories, way more than the ones from gen1. Just in SM we got a whole town vandalized and brought to ruin now occupied by the bad team. We got a woman and her Machamp crying on her husband's grave. We got an Eevee trainer asking you to talk to his old childhood friends only to find out they either went senile, died, failed their career or escaped the reality of getting old with face surgeries. We got the equivalent of the other games' gym leader having a past as a detective and quitting his job because he got someone killed due to judgement error, and now lives like an edgy loner fuck in an house full of cats.

And I can go on without mentioning all those new dex entries about pokémon killing each other and sometimes even their trainers.

there's some dark shit here and there but you can't deny that everything's been sterilized

makes ya think

SM bring back the Indian Elephant line for regular Raichu's dex entry though.

>i'll just ignore everything and keep babbling random shit because i want to be right no matter what
Ok.

you should take your own advice

Lana is best girl, however.

>girl

Nice argument. Like the "b-b-b-but if i keep cherrypicking using my headcanon it means i'm right" from your earlier post.

Oh, the irony.

>with it's ears growing out of lower jaw

congratulations of determining one of the only similarities between the two Golds in the op

fucking moron, come back when you stop watching pandering anime nonsense that makes you feel good for being a shy autistic stickman irl

Take these baseless assumptions and shove them up your ass, just because SM is an exception it doesn't mean the other games are immune to what was said, fucking autist

Pokemon games always played safe when it came to the writing because target audience, that combined with the change in the artstyle created this uncanny world whose positivity gets annoying sometimes, not gonna go full genwun here by claiming gen 1 was amazing or anything but one thing about it that i always enjoyed was how close it was to the real world, dialogue was more than just tutorials and "did you know water is strong against fire?", played Leafgreen not long ago and i still remember team rocket grunts saying menacing things and acknowledging the fact that you were just a kid, team plasma's dialogue was so cringe worthy i almost dropped the damn game with all that "chosen one" bullshit

>spats

>pokemon having a different tone after gen 3 is headcanon
lol okay

>modern
They both look like shit in general

maybe you shoud read some interviews with Sugimori where he says he was influenced by him.

THEY'RE NOT FUCKING SPATS THEY ARE BIKING SHORTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

pokemon is video games

Sure I can. The plots and flavor text in Pokemon games have always been kiddie shit made to be palatable for soccer moms. It's not "sterilized" if it's always been sterile.

This is true.

The only general shift was after 2 though, not 3. If you think 3 is the same as those two, you're probably just confusing it with the sprite-based backgrounds being replaced with 3D models for DP. Or high on nostalgia.

Never said anything even close to that. Or can you point it out?

Haven't played Pokemon in years, looking for a nostalgic trip.
Are Soulsilver/Heartgold good?

Why does he wear capris? It's like the gayest shit a man could ever don besides low top shoes with no fucking socks.

It's more than just a game.

It is your headcanon. Gen 3 and 4 are barely different from each other, and they're the most boring, safe games in the entire series.

they are the best games if you ignore the weird level curve

Sup Forums will probably say it's the best pokemon game (And it's pretty darn fun), but the leveling curve after elite 4 is broken.

> original name is gold

> later changed to Ethan

Was the GS mc canonically Jewish? If so, good on game freak for bringing diversity to Pokemon.

I think I can live with that, I'm not a hardcore Pokemon guy. Thanks for the responses.

Gen 4 was simultaneously the best and worst gen. It had the best improvements of the series but was the start and progenitor of every shitty thing afterward.

Gen 2 was the best followed by 3.