Probably the worst part of Ace Attorney

Probably the worst part of Ace Attorney
Also whoo! It's not MGS trash again!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rz4ziiQoErw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I don't know what Ace Attorney is about

OP sure has a weird way of saying things

I don't like how in the last panel the Judge immediately hands down a sentence. Usually it also involves a prosecutor as well. It would also make more sense if Widget (her necklace companion) was red since that is the emotion that Athena is expressing. And in that same panel Athena has visible teeth when in-game and in the official art, they are two simple sets of chompers.

I with the artist of these comments knew what she was talking about or cared about the source material

>have no solid evidence the culprit actually did it, just conjecture
>culprit just confesses anyway
This happens in the majority of 4 and 5 cases. So frustrating, if the game is gonna be hand me a win on a silver platter, I'd rather have my friends save me over the murderer being fucktarded.

>majority of 4 and 5 cases
Huh?
>Von Karma
Was going to get found by the metal detector either way and then ballistic markings would fuck him up.
>Engarde
Had to confess to avoid death.
>Dahlia
Whole plan ruined because she wasn't possesing who she was supposed to be so once the whole plan fell apart she judt fucked off to hell.
>Gavin
Got fucked by the jury system, acknowledged this and simply went ballistic.

All of them had a good enough reason to crack.

I think he meant the 4th and 5th games, not cases.

It's az, she's 'hilarious' according to dumbasses here even though she just does 'what if I apply video game logic in the real world' jokes and nothing else.

The majority of AA4 and AA5 cases, you foolishly foolish fool.

>tfw work as a junior prosecutor
>tfw real life prosecutors in western countries actually have to hold back their power level a bit according to attorney rules due to the imbalance of power between the state and accused

Sometimes it works, though.

My bad. Sorry. Although I'd say 5 is much more guilty than 4.

In 4 Kristoph goes to jail in 4-1 to avoid suspicion for 4-4 and then only confesses 4-4 once he knows he'll still get fucked by the jury system.

I can't remember Alita clearly but I do believe there was a mountain of evidence against her so really only Darian remains as the idiot.

>Unironically playing Ace Attorney

That's what you get for playing trash in the first place.

>tfw working as an intern under a criminal law lawyer
>Prosecutors accuse willy nilly just for the sake of accusing someone because here they get paid by the hour leading to retarded trials which last 8 months simply because the judge has too many cases piled up which eventually end up with the defendant being found innocent and him losing 8 months of his life in provisional prison

I fucking hate the legal system in my country. Dark age of the law, alright.

>only Darian remains as the idiot.

What? Machi was going to confess everything and fuck Daryan over.

>The prosecutor antagonist has a "all criminals must pay" motive for being a dick.

>Constantly tries to get people sent to jail even when it's evident they're innocent and the real criminal will go free if he succeeds.

Edgeworth has a bit of an idiot. I only played the first game though.

Oops, wasn't meant to quote.

Ok then, no case in AA4 is guilty of people being idiots and cracking.

The original user was wrong.

He's referencing the second last panel of this comic

How do you play a game ironically?

Literal autism

Doing a Let's Play of a game known for being shitty.

>not liking shitty webcomics is autism
Sure thing, autismo

he was trained that way by his mentor von karma who did what it took to win, even forged evidence. after learning this edgeworth becomes a good prosecutor and even assists phoenix if it uncovers the truth.

Autism

Autism

AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M

Autism

I don't generally consider AA4 is the worst, because
The thing is that I actually enjoyed the Trilogy as a Whole, it is the combination of story and background make it such a great game.
AA4 is a disappointment? YES. But it could still be great if you enrich its plot and make a series of it.
However, Dual Destinies single handedly RUINed AA4, RUINed Phoenix wright, RUINed everything.
I fuckin hate it.

Don't mind me, just being the highest point of the series.

If that's autistic then this is fucking retarded.

DD is often agreed upon as the shittiest game in the franchise.

The only ones who say otherwise are the ones whose first AA is DD. Something about waiting close to 7 years for a new main series game and then getting THAT just irked all of the older fans.

>Those parts in the cases where both Phoenix and Edgeworth start grilling the witness from both sides

Explain
That's fucked up

>even forged evidence
Wasn't that only a rumour?

True. Though the law school case is my favourite non-final case in the whole series.

Is it also agreed to be the easiest?

It wasn't about him hating criminals, it was more about winning at all costs than anything.

It's been a while since I played DD, why did everyone hate it again? I remember not liking the Yokai case.

The evidence was forged by Gant and Edgeworth used it in the SL-9 trial without knowing it.

Speaking as someone who just finished the game I get the felling that DD is seen as the weakest because of the new gimmick which manages to be both bullshit and lacking, an unfocused story (like who's story is this? Phoenix? Apollo? Athena?) and how easy it is.

It doesn't do much more than tread water. Phoenix and Apollo get no character development whatsoever, Athena barely gets to shine and SoJ basically ruins everything in that regard by showing how she STILL needs to be babysit through every fucking step of a trial.

The only really good thing it had was a plot twist that led nowhere. It's all spectacle and no substance.

kek

>People still read video game webcomics
Is it the year 2006?

youtube.com/watch?v=Rz4ziiQoErw
Open at your own risk

TRIGGERD

AJ massively changed everything about the game universe, and DD just ignores this and adds le quirky girl.

AJ and Trucy are revealed to be siblings, and this has no impact on the story, nor is there any indication they are aware of it. PW suddenly goes into a time warp to end up how he was in TT. The jury system is abolished again etc

>The jury system is abolished again etc
It was never bully bought back, it was in experimental phases during the end of AJ.

He wasn't an idiot, he just wanted to win, regardless of whether the guy was innocent or not.

It's actually interesting in 2 when one of the guys you're defending is actually guilty and you have to keep defending him despite knowing the truth.

they don't even mention it or say "oh yeah it was scrapped"

It's just back to judge trials for no reason.

Aren't the games a parody of the Japanese law system?

I think that because of the general lack of trust in the legal system the jury system didn't work out.

Literally everyone was fuckong retarded in Darian's entire case so it's really not only his fault

No. They just realized implementing the jury as part of the franchise would take effort and a different approach to the series

That's why it was scrapped and they kept playing it safe with the same tired formula of always.

>Trying to get a non guilty verdict at the very end for shits n' giggles

If you were to lock up Larry Butz and Conan Edogawa, the murder rate in japan would drop by 75%.

what did she mean by this?

One of the best cracks

>phoenix Wright: Ace bully

Actually, while Apollo Justice was being made Japan was experimenting with the Jury system. They saw it was pants on retarded (why would 12 random guys know more about law than a judge who has studied it and taken various tests to get to that position) and scrapped it.

Hence, when Dual Destinies came out they scrapped it as well. It wouldn't even need to be a new gameplay mechanic. Hell, you didn't know it was being used in 4-4 until the end. You probably thought you were Apollo just looking through a laptop at case files.

I can't tell if this is satire or serious

>They saw it was pants on retarded (why would 12 random guys know more about law than a judge who has studied it and taken various tests to get to that position) and scrapped it.

Are you retarded?

I don't know, user. Remind me, how many countries use the trial by jury? Around 1/32 of the total countries? One of which has the highest rate of prisoners per capita?

Trial by jury is, in my opinion as a lawyer, something that should be eliminated.

Not the person you're replying to, but there's a little thing in writing called "acknowledging when stuff changes".

It doesn't matter that you can come up with a plausible reason why something changed. Anybody can do that. You're basically doing the writer's job in their stead. If Phoenix had curly hair in Dual Destinies and it was never acknowledged by anybody you could say "his spiky hair was obviously a hairdo, this is probably how he looked like all along and since several years have passed everybody is already accustomed to it" and maybe be right, but it's still bad writing.

I wonder who is behind this post

Should've gone full tripfag and post a strawman.jpg for maximum funposting

>One of which has the highest rate of prisoners per capita?
You are making that complicated issue sounding far more easier then what it is

Oh no, don't misinterpret me. I never said it was good writing. It's awful and part of why I hate DD. However, the reason for juries to not be included in DD is "officially" the one I said.

Now if that was just their scapegoat excuse is another topic entirely.

Ok, I just wanted to make that clear.

holy fuck not that user, but tell me you're not an apologist for the U.S. corrections system?

It is an enormous issue with many factors going back years and years. However, I truly believe that if we get rid of trials by jury we will have a--

Oh fuck I've been found.

Hell no, but he makes it sound like the US rate of prisoners is tied with the jury system when the reality is far more complicated and fucked up then that.

Why can't the artist of this series draw herself as a girl correctly? She always looks like a dude with long hair.

Not him, and I don't know shit about law so tell me when I'm wrong, but how is that a bad thing? I assume juries are only used for murder/ serious stuff, and that unlike Phoenix wright, defendants aren't innocents 99% of the time. For a random guy who just reads about trials on the newspapers sometimes, it seems people are declared non guilty due to technicalities more often than the opposite.

Pretty sure it's satire

Welcome to Japalifornia.

>Kyaaah, Naruhodou-senpai is so mean!

It even comes back up in Investigations 2
Oh but most people wouldn't know about that because it didn't get translated in the US and luckily got a fanslation. Fuck capcom, I've never been more mad about someone who shoots them self in the foot.

Who here AO?

Well, he said he was a lawyer. Are you surprised?

My biggest problem with trials by jury is the fact that it violates the right of defendants to a defence. Any private argument they have cannot be countered by the LAWYER paid by the defendant to defend him. Then they give their verdict without needing to dig deep into the why, so if any new point arose during their discussion and the lawyer never countered it your right to a defence is trampled on.

Also, juries have been responsible for a lot of famous unjust incarcerations due to prejudice or due to the fact that the topic on trial was very emotional for them (See the IRA bombing cases in the UK which led to the jury system being shut down). Also, most people accused of child rape are usually convicted.

Sometimes leaving it all to the people to guarantee a balance of power with the state is not the best option, is all I'm saying.

>most people accused of child rape are usually convicted
For obvious reasons

Nigga no one is guilty until the verdict is handed. No accusation has any power other than opening an investigation against you. Anyone who takes it as a verdict should stop reading so many sensationalist headlines.

See? You jump to the conclusion that conviction == guilt. Which may not be the case.

Justice systems should be about truth, not about rhetoric.

So, the benefits definitely don't look like they're worth the drawbacks, I see. Thanks user, I live in a country without jury system and you made me learn something today.

Well there is evidence to support the rape charges it there not?

You'd be surprised about how many cases of a new piece of evidence being found 10 years later which proves the accused innocent there are. I'd know, I did a thesis on that.

And I thought solving a 7 year old murder case in DD was ridiculous, I mean I know stuff like that happened but not how often.

This
If you need more than one people to decide, make the trials have more than one judge, assuming you even need that in first place.

I live in a country with jury system(that I am not gonna name) and always thought it was retarded to allow emotional and uneducated folks decide the fate of a man.

No problem, man. Good for people to learn.

At least you can rest easy knowing you don't live in parts of Australia where juries can declare you guilty out of majority vote (AKA no need for unanimous voting) if they are 100% sure they'll not reach a unanimous vote. THAT is a crime against the citizens and an abuse from the state.

>Play Ace Attorney in high school
>Be inspired to become a lawyer
>Go through law school and get a job at a firm
>Don't get a cute sidekick who helps me solve cases
>Get in trouble for tampering with evidence at crime scenes
>Trials can last months or even years, not a few days
>Keep screaming objection and the judge tells me to shut the fuck up
Wooooooow how was I supposed to know it was nothing like the game?

No, user. That case is still ridiculous.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's how it works in Japan - the conviction rate is quite high

By knowing that games != real life?
AA system IRL would be unfair as fuck for defendants

Another reason for 2D >>> 3D

It is kinda like that in japanese courts

Well, at least you don't have to prove your alibi and successfully indict someone else in the same trial to get the Not Guilty verdict

AA doesn't know any other schtick

It's always the IT ALL BEGAN WITH THAT ONE CASE FROM X YEARS AGO

>tfw literally every phoenix wright game has done this