Resident Evil 7

Has anyone tried experimenting with the combat in the demo?

I know you can shoot off limbs regenerator style, but does getting a perfect block neglect damage completely?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9fdrRHVR0IY
youtu.be/gTehTtO1Yec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I just finished it, didn't even know there was combat. Am I supposed to do something else after getting the key?

There is a slug zombie in the basement

If you grab the crank instead of the key and get out of there, you can go and get the handgun in the toilet.

Go back in the basement for the key and the monster will be there to fight. If the key is grabbed and you leave the basement the monster will despawn permanently.

no you still get damaged

yes you can kill it with the axe (need about 5-10 hit) and the pistol, if you focus all your shot on one weak point.

you can't kill it, don't lie to the OP

You can kill it though?

Or at least despawn it with enough damage.

nigger
youtube.com/watch?v=9fdrRHVR0IY

i've emptied all 12 bullets into its brain before, and I've chopped it with the axe way more than 10 times before, and you're telling me somehow it's killable

like i have spent more than 1 hour attempting to kill it using many different tactics like targeting limbs, kicking the bag and only attacking when it was on the ground

and you're telling me you killed it

So for all the ammo locations-

Box in the attic
Under the bed in the attic
drawer in the bathroom
shelf in the hallway outside the bathroom
basement staircase.

Did I miss any?

the fucking legs???? so shooting in the head is useless, but the fucking legs work???

>and you're telling me you killed it

Yes.

The screen goes dark and it disappears if you damage it enough.

The thing about Jack is... He looks like a nice ganpappi. He might be a bastard in the game but he lools so nice.

apparently i should've been shooting its legs all along

Graphics wise, it doesnt seem like any of their AA options are perfect, this is just TAA which is good for aliasing in motion but blurs way too much of the textures themselves I think

>He didnt play dead space

Dude how many zombie games have you played where you DON'T have to go for the limbs

And this is with SMAA, which doesnt seem to be as good as Ive seen in other games as you can see a fair bit of aliasing both while static and moving but it looks quite a bit clearer

Ive no doubt TAA is more performance intensive but other than that I guess its down to preference unless you want to jack up the internal resolution using the in game options

The PC port seems pretty lacking, shame the textures doesn't seem much better.

But fuck me if those IRL captured assets don't look damn near photorealistic at times. Really cool tech.

I wonder how much time and money this shit saves.

I mean now you're basically creating assets as if you're making a movie.

So you guys think this will be better than 5/6? I haven't played RE since 4.

>So you guys think this will be better than 5/6? I haven't played RE since 4.

It's hard to tell right now, from playing the demo, I would say no. But the shit people who've played the final game say about it make it sound waaaaaay better than RE5 and 6.

>So you guys think this will be better than 5/6?

The demo was pretty much REmake-tier but in first person perspective, so yeah it's looking bretty gud.

>No Borderless Window Option

>But fuck me if those IRL captured assets don't look damn near photorealistic at times.

Captured assets always look like that.

Did anyone else kill the slug zombie with the axe?

Also to add to this, HBAO+ doesnt seem to have any discernable impact on the quality but does knock framerate a lot so dont bother with it right now

>leg just falls off like a lego piece after a couple of shots from a 9mm

D R O P P E D

immersion ruined

They said it wasn't working so they removed it at the last minute rather than delaying the demo.

I think thiis comments on the subject perfectly

youtu.be/gTehTtO1Yec

>RE game
>immersive

l e m a o

low-end fag here. When i drop the resolution to 1360x768 in fullscreen it isn't scaled up to my 1080p monitor it's just sitting in the middle with a black border. Anyone else having this problem?

>Virtual reality
>Not supposed to be immersive

Fuck off Charlie.

>Disappears
>Killing it

Those are 2 very different things. Something that I worry about RE7 doing too much of the former, and none of the latter.

learn the definition of supposed, pointer it's not the same as it is.

Ey! I think Charlie deserves more love. Yes he is a DMC fag, but he says some ok stuff about vidya

When someone makes an argument that he disagrees with, he tries to argue against people making the argument instead of actually arguing against them.
He also deletes his best videos whenever he feels like it for no reason and never answers when a flood of people ask him what the hell happened.
He has the ego of a popular YTer before he's even popular.

Really? There are vids missing now?

Some new info, mostly thanks to Playstation Magazine UK's 5 hour playthrough.

>Makes it very clear that RE7 feels like a Resident Evil game, and that the first person or more modern horror elements don't feel unnatural at all.
>Game is way larger than people probably think, with a variety of different locations around the plantation.
>Game has a non-linear design, but there is a chapter system, mentions that insect enemies are fought in chapter 2.
>The main character Ethan doesn't talk much, but will occasionally comment on stuff you inspect. Like an old pair of socks.
>VHS tapes are optional, but will flesh out the story.
>There is a checkpoint system, but the Madhouse difficulty has the ink ribbon system return.
>Game is surprisingly difficult, journalist mentions dying a few times during a Jack Baker boss fight.
>A crafting and repairing system is featured in the game, as well as a "sharpening" melee weapons system.
>There are different ammo types for weapons, as well as a grenade launcher.
>Chemicals supposedly play a big part alongside herbs, you can make something that highlights items in the environments for a short period of time for example.
>Item scavenging is a huge part of the game, single-use lockpicks can reveal stashes of supplies.
>Old coins is used to buy new upgrades and weapons in the game, similar to RE4. An old trailer mysteriously follows you around in the game.
>You can acquire a backpack to increase your inventory size.
>A puzzle must be solved to acquire the shotgun in the game.
>Writer praises the amazing pacing of the game, saying that some parts are so intense that they invoke the RE4 opening segment. Says that if the rest of the game is as good as what they've played, they will reward it a 10/10.

Brit is garbage

>Crafting and repairing system

Alarm bells right there.

>He never played RE3

>Mixing gunpowder
>Crafting and repairing

Hey if it was just mixing gunpowder a la RE3, I'd be down for it, especially since different ammo types are confirmed.

If it's "Oh nooo your Axe broke find scrap to fix it", or find 10 leather to upgrade your bag. Then it's garbage.

>trying to legitimize the medium
Jesus Christ, how fucking retarded is he?

Is it just me or is there mouse acceleration/smoothing even with v-sync off?

>UK
stopped reading right there

Now?
He deleted the KH video at least a year ago.

>saying that some parts are so intense that they invoke the RE4 opening segment
RE4 sucked.

Anything would be better than 5 and 6

Sorry, I meant to write RE4 is amazing.

>Madhouse difficulty has the ink ribbon system return.

Resident Evil is saved!

Protip: if you don't play on this mode exclusively you are a pussy and casual.

5 is good though. 6 is the abomination

You have to preorder to unlock that difficulty from the start.

>more modern horror elements
Fool me once, PSM. You got me with Silent Hill Downpour. You won't get me again.

>hardest difficulty not available until you beat the game once
Why not? What's the harm?

I think that is pretty retarded to be honest, even though I wasn't planning to play it on hard anyways. But who the fuck blocks a difficulty setting as a pre-order bonus? I don't like locking those settings behind beating the game either; I don't think playing a game again but with more frustration is a good reward hahah.

Welcome to modern gaming! Although in the past you still had to unlock the hardest difficulties.

It takes away from the experience. What if I want to feel the tension of playing and only having one ink ribbon left and having absolutely no idea where to go to use it or if I might die through the next room? After you've played the game once you'll already know roughly when you are safe and when you aren't.

Bathroom medicine cabinet

fuck. this is why I wish they called it something other than. people here bitching that it is not a real re game so they should have called it resident evil V-something R-something and then the nickname would be re vr.

Well yes. Because then it would be a spin off. Nobody cares that Umbrella Corps and Operation Racoon City were shit because they were spin offs. You can do anything you want to a spin off and nobody will care because it's a spin off.

If you have a standard for the entirety of the series. And you arbitrarily change it for no reason. Be prepared to alienate some people.

I can't believe I'm actually excited for a new RE after 5 and 6. Man I hope it's good.

>If you have a standard for the entirety of the series

But you don't you have 4 mainline entries, in one style, and another 3 in another. There's nothing wrong with reinventing the style if they can still capture the atmosphere and feeling of the series, which it reportedly has. The subtle inclusion of Umbrella and the like and the use of 'chemical monsters' to me makes it feel like another step in the evolution of RE

If this was called REVR fucking nobody would give a shit, it would be another Umbrella Corps, another Operation Raccoon City.

By calling this Resident Evil 7 you're making a statement. This isn't some weird off-shoot, no cheap spin-off, this is Resident Evil 7.

>But you don't you have 4 mainline entries, in one style, and another 3 in another.
All third person. Coincidentally the fandom of the series is still violently split between the so called "classic" Resident Evils and the "modern" ones.

> There's nothing wrong with reinventing the style
Go too far and you no longer exhibit the qualities of the series fans care about.

Calling it 7 was intentional. Spin offs are successful. Mainlines are. This is going to be what Resident Evil is going forward. Who knows where that lies, but I can tell you that anybody going into this on brand recognition alone may end up being disappointed if they're a longtime fan.

>this game looks legit good
>tfw I'm too scared to actually play it because I hate the feeling of being chased or hunted down

I'm honestly nervous just thinking about trying the demo even though I've watched playthroughs of it dozens of times.

>Who knows where that lies, but I can tell you that anybody going into this on brand recognition alone may end up being disappointed if they're a longtime fan.

As opposed to shit like RE6? Which had the fucking most embarrasing and superficial elements of Resident Evil.

I doubt anybody getting into RE7 expects the game to be indentical to the earliest ones, they're probably just happy it's at least somewhat more a long those lines.

>As opposed to shit like RE6?
As opposed to Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, 0, outbreak, and even CV. People like to forget those games existed. Nobody expected shit for shit when RE6 came out after RE5.

Anyways
>they're probably just happy it's at least somewhat more a long those lines.
They'd be happier if it was a Resident Evil that played like the better half of the series and didn't keep trying to re-imagine itself into a better genre.

you'll be fine, you know only the basement has a spooky monster.

There is something weird going on with the shadows, at the table for example, there is some sort of flickering. Lots of shimmering in many objects too.