The new Age of Empires II expansion has launched. Can we get an AOE2 thread going?

The new Age of Empires II expansion has launched. Can we get an AOE2 thread going?

Other urls found in this thread:

resurrection.cz/en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here!

How do I turn this thing on?

holy shit those horses are giants

Maybe during the weekend. Playing shooters till then.

>tfw AoE II got meme'd so hard you can't even discuss it on Sup Forums anymore
JUST

>that very last second building
holy shit i was sweating

Man ballistic elephants really are super glass cannons, they get converted by monks ridiculously easy.

why are they making aoe2 expansions instead of aoe 3 expansions?

Because 2 was actually successful.

AoE 3 is shit

>instead of aoe 3 expansions?
Because AoE3 already got two fanmade expansions.
Napoleonic Era and Wars of Liberty.

And Star Wars Galactci Battlegrounds recently got one as well (Expanding Fronts).

why the fuck are there still expansions coming out for a shitty 20 year old game

>shitty
kill yourself

>I'm mad they are supporting an old game

Are new campaigns any good?Unlike Forgotten and African campaigns which were dog shit.

No

How come villagers fight melee but use a bow and arrow to kill deer?

:thinking:

Is the campaign voiced? I only play AOE2 for the single player, come at me?

>Those comfy af VO intros and outros
>that back story
>Those Ed night shamalamadingdong twist for Barbarosa and Atilla.

Burmese seem pretty legit, Khmer will probably be the new Huns (super early rush, all or nothing), haven't read enough about the rest. Seems like they are trying to pull away from the ranged meta and give melee (bar Cavalry) a chance, though.

Might pick it up tonight, not sure, though.
You can, ignore, report, and hide shitposts, it's not hard at all.
Because AoE2 was more successful.
Why are you replying to obvious bait?
Probably, previous expansion was voiced after the loud outburst that occurred when FE wasn't voiced.

Huh. Didn't know that. I can install them to the steam release?

Yes

Sweet. Thanks user.

WE

Because making stuff for the 3rd game requires more effort and they have no devs who know the source code.
People doing these expansions are just fans who already made an expansions before getting hired.

It's also why the AoM ones suck... They have no idea how the whole thing works.
AoE3 would be another level entirely.

POO

AoE2 is more popular. The whole level up thing AoE3 did was just stupid.

I'm glad older games are still getting expansions. More companies should follow suit.

It they're actually competent of course. I woulden't trust Bethesda for an expansion to Fallout 1/2 unless the guys that were behind New Vegas are in charge.

Wrong thread

>I woulden't trust Bethesda for an expansion to Fallout 1/2

Fallout 1.5 happened user.

resurrection.cz/en/

Can't they just destroy those buildings?

Aoe3 and AoM are good games in their own right.

But Aoe2 is the best RTS ever mechanically. For example Starcraft: BW is also amazing but it doesn't have the macro depth.

Also the sprite graphics are timeless and still look great. Older 3d games have low res textures, jaggy low poly character models and annoying lighting effects, whereas sprite graphics are basically the evolution of pixel graphics. Diablo 2 would also look great at modern resolutions, but since the gameplay relies on a closer field of view it would break the gameplay in that game

They damage them too slowly versus how quickly how they are being built.

>but since the gameplay relies on a closer field of view it would break the gameplay in that game
Adding 1024x768 4:3 and 1280x768 widescreen to D2 wouldn't break anything and would make it look much better than the current 800x600 it runs at.

>I woulden't trust Bethesda for an expansion to Fallout 1/2 unless the guys that were behind New Vegas are in charge.

The people behind New Vegas are the Fallout 1/2 devs and they have nothing to do with Bethesda.
Being allowed to make one more game in the IP (New Vegas) was a part of the deal with selling it to Zenimax (Bethesda).

Is HD any good yet? I remember it being shit on release and I don't want to spend money on a game from 1999 if it's worse than the original.

Much better than original nowadays.
Get the original resource icons mod from workshop tho.

Really? How did it improve on the original aside from graphically?

>The people behind New Vegas are the Fallout 1/2 devs and they have nothing to do with Bethesda.
Not really. There were maybe one or two devs from Obsidian at the time that worked on Fallout 2. Theres a few that worked at Black Isle though.

Sure. It just doesn't look great upscaled to a modern in that resolution.

Heres a screenshot from some unofficial HD mod - not great, as the game is only balanced for a smaller viewing area, but looks crisper zoomed out

>new factions
>new units
>better balance
>more gameplay features such as attack move
>better AI and many different AI types

Oh.

Way to ignore what I said you cockmongling shitslurper.

I said 1024x768 for 4:3 and 1280x768 for 16:10 and 1360x768 for 16:9

That wouldn't break anything like 1920x1080 does you dumb nigger.

>>more gameplay features such as attack move

Sold. Time to enjoy an old favourite. Thanks man

if you only have a pleb nigger laptop with a 1366x768 native resolution it would look good. But a x768 res upscaled to 1920x1080 looks bad man

>But a x768 res upscaled to 1920x1080 looks bad man
Not in 2D, you clearly don't play many 2D games you dumb nigger.

And it certainly looks much better than 800x600 on a 1080p monitor.

So you believe LCD native resolution doesn't matter as long as the graphics are 2d? Did you hit your head as a child or something?

It does matter, it just matters far less with 2D.

Also keep on moving the goalposts, get cancer and die.

New expansion to Warlords Battlecry 3 when?

Also you can pile on additional villagers to build faster, so there'd be no chance some light cav/scouts could take them down. One of them going up was a tower as well.