"I'm not your Mary."

"I'm not your Mary."

[ Warbly guitar riff begins playing ]

"You deserve to die too, James!"

>screeching industrial horror ambience starts playing

Why cant we have games like that anymore?

Western devs cant write for shit while japs are just doing weebshit and meme souls games.

>Why cant we have games like that anymore?

We barely had games like that to begin with. Even when SH1/2/3 were released, they were relatively unique for their time.

>Why cant we have games like that anymore?

Cynically depressed individuals with tortured souls either off themselves or never make a name out of themselves. 1999 was a perfect year for a game such as SH to come out when video games where developed by a bunch of oppressed Japanese outcasts. Living conditions today are better than ever, ever growing nepotism make it so real talent is rarely discovered.

Nepotism amongst Japanese game devs or just the world in general?

It's time to accept that there'll never be another well-written survival horror game

So I tried to play the hd remake and I stopped quickly cause I can't deal with heathers attack noise.

>HD remake
BIG MISTAKE

James...

You made me.. HAPPY.

Wasn't the writer for 2 some CGI artist?

Has he written anything else?

Hah what's up with cg artists getting thrown into writing jobs and making classics.

You mean that's happened before?

Eddie was right.

Look up the gdc for yoko taro. Guy used how to for dummies books when given the job to write. He's also a cg artist.

"It looks like we re really the Last of Us"

*MUSIC STOPS*

until you suffocated me cunt.

I feel like when a platform and its development circles are more stable, The Gamedevs would have time to pay more attention to polish the stories.
Now its the era of manufactories hoppin on the nextgen hypetrain and impetuous and insecure devs grabbing their fanservice straw.

"I'm just looking for my mama-- I mean, my mother."

[audience erupts into laughter]

>that subtle head movement she makes after saying "I wonder if it's still there..."

this scene makes me feel lonely even after all these years

Eddie? Eddie?

I...I killed a... a human being...

A human being...

Mary, did you really die three years ago?

You know despite the game being translated by Jeremy Blaustein, some of the lines are just plain bad.

Prove me wrong.

eddie's a fucking faggot tbqh

They succeed at being Lynchian-tier weird without intending to be.

I didn't know translators were famous

Blaustein is a meme translator.

Undeniable though that MGS1 has the best dialogue in the series which isn't saying much.

That does make sense. Never watched David Lynch so I couldn't really compare.

He was so creepy.

KILLING A PERSON AIN'T NO BIG DEAL!

JUST POINT A GUN TO THEIR HEAD POW!

Somethings weird. Lots of people said they were bad actors but the top tier actor generic voices we get now are worse.

The new voices don't even fit the characters at all.

Because the people who remade that shit didn't actually know why people liked it.
And they didn't just change the VA, they rewrote entire lines of dialogue or text. In some cases the rewrites were clearly intended to retcon shit from the horrible American SH games into 2 and 3.

It's a travesty.

Oh, ok.
Well in that case sorry for wasting both of our times. Have a good day miss.

I mean in general. Barely any memorable voices that aren't "bad"

AAA games got too big. now they put hundreds of millions to a single game, half of it in marketing. can't take risks with a budget like that.

the odd lines of dialogue only make the games more unique and macabre

>tfw SH2 perfectly describes a moment of my life
Fucking hell.

When you killed a dog out of impotent rage?

>You made me.. HAPPY.
beat SH2 in October, and hearing this was first time I had an honest to god boohoo in years

she was ok with it.

apparently she wasn't if she had to become a demon

Nope, here comes the story:
>had a gf many years ago
>petite, blonde/red hair and a 8/10 body
>we broke up 6 years ago, leaving me in an emotional mess since then
>4 years later, I met another girl
>petite, red/blond hair and a 9/10 body
>the point is that she looked too similar to my ex, even down to the voice and the first letter of the name
>she was better under every aspect, as if somebody took my ex and increased all the stats
>this girl was also more positive about sex, while my ex was prudish as fuck
>I tried getting closer to her but every time I got closer her boyfriend took her farther away from me
>managed to have sex with her a few times before her bf made a convoluted plot to get me away from her
>in the end, the whole story pulled out my guilt for my mistakes and the reason I got dumped years ago
It was all there, the tribulations, the Maria/Mary dichotomy, the Piramid Head killing Mary every time and the constant feel of guilt.

don't forget to drown yourself like james desu

nothing at all the same

Kill yourself, faggot.

No, seriously. Cheaters and those who enable them are the worst.

t. Pyramid Head

^ Only thing you'll find these days are fake depressed people blogging about their shit while consuming apple products en masse on the internet.

SH is a product of a bygone era where there was some sense of isolation.

*tips fedora*