Go to gamestop

>go to gamestop
>ask the guy at the register if they have Lost Odyssey
>says they do not (said they did on the website)
>suggests I go to the pawn shop
>go to pawn shop
>actually fucking find the game
>bring it up to the counter
>lady comes back with only 3 of the 4 discs and explains they don't have the last one

FUCKING EBGAMES

>discs

>(said they did on the website)
this means literally nothing. don't ever drive to any store under the impression they have stock of a certain item because their website says so.

Yeah, who the fuck are you to assume a big retailer would provide accurate information. It's not their job to check their inventory, it's your job to call and ask. Entitled people, man. Good thing you were there to set him straight.

I run my own used vidya store.
I spend a lot of my time fixing FUCKING EBGAMES' mistakes. They screw so many people and because of their strict corporate policies and inept staff if you'll almost never get any assistance from them. They make it so easy to be the better store.

>just because they say they have it in stock, doesn't mean they actually have it in stock

Okay.

This, websites are hardly accurate when it comes to what exactly certain stores will have.
He didn't say this is how it should be, just how it is.

I would only call if the website says low stock for the store. Especially if you're looking for a new copy of something. Often times that listed copy ends up being the gutted one.

user....Lost Odyssey is free to download from Xbox Live until December 31st.

>It's not their job to check their inventory
No one in the store does an inventory count and updates their store's count on a website. The online inventory is updated automatically (and infrequently, AND inaccurately) based on what is supposed to come in, what is supposed to go out. A lot of variables can affect this. Theft, late shipments, incorrectly counted shipments, etc.

Online counts are 99% of the time flat out incorrect. Corporations want you to look at an inventory count online, see a product you want is in stock, drive down to the store where 3 things can happen. 1. It actually is in stock and you buy the game. 2. It isn't in stock and you leave. 3. It isn't in stock, but hell, you've already driven all the way down here, might as well buy something. Not one of these 3 outcomes negatively affects the corporation. This is how corporations operate.

It's not about consumer entitlement. It's about consumers being stupid enough to get fucked over.

>depending on lazy teenagers to do their job

You fucked up, user.
Just buy your shit via ebay like everyone else.

Maybe he doesn't have internet?

This. Call first you dweeb.

>just because online inventory (which is never updated on a timely basis and you'd be a fool to believe it) says they have it in stock, doesn't mean they actually have it in stock

FTFY.

>Gamestop has game in stock online
>have mom drive me there (15 miles away)
>loser says he doesn't have it
>tell mom
>mom yells at them and tells them to find it
>they actually find it
>go home and play game
>mfw I'm 34 years old

Last time i went to gamestop i bought some ps3 game that was suddenly advertised on their website for 20 instead of 30(amazon)
I only found used discs for 30 so i asked one of them and yes they had the same game new for 10 less than the used ones
wtf

I love the comments on various websites discussing how GameStop.

>Pickup at store today
>Claims no stores available within 200 miles
>Every GameStop I walk into does not honor online prices
>Walmart and Best Buy have better pawn prices

You know it's free to download until DEC 31, 2016? As long as you don't live in Turkey, Israel, or China.

>Gamestop has game in stock online
>have mom drive me there (15 miles away)
>loser says he doesn't have it
>tell mom
>mom yells at them and tells them to find it
>they actually find it
>go home and play game
>mfw I'm 34 years old
You don't know how dangerous angry moms can be.

Is there a specific reason why it's not free in Isreal?

>employee says they don't have it
>call up corporate, claim he called me a fat hook nosed kike
>game gets shipped to my house for free with a gift card as well
>employee is fired and blacklisted for antisemitism

>owning an xbone
Lol

They didn't specify

Jews user, that's all

it's also free to download on the 360, dumb Sonygger

>hurr he doesn't own an xbone he must be a sonygger!
Lol

>sonyfags

lol

Some pawn shops can be really good, but usually they're few and far between. There was one in the town that I grew up in where the owner knew his shit and wouldn't accept shovelware and put a cap on how many copies of Madden and FIFA he would buy. He also carried a lot of older games for the NES, SNES, Genesis, and PS1. I managed to buy a copy of a Chrono Trigger cart from him for $20.

So, owning multiple platforms is to be laughed at. Okay.

This game was free on digital few days ago...

>...
hahahahahahahahahaha

>owning a console let alone MULTIPLE
Lol

>check walmart's website to see if they have game
>call ahead and they say they do not
>go anyways and they have it
>hide in toy isle and call again to ask
>guy says he'll check
>I see him put the phone down for 3 minutes while he reads a magazine
>picks up the phone as says he checked and they dont have it
>wait a few minutes before approaching him and buying it
I was only like 13 when I did this, I guess that's what minimum wage gets you

This.

I'm sure there's a few good employees out there who might go the extra mile to check stock on something, but I can't imagine many people doing that. Between being understaffed, underpaid, and overworked, I don't see calling and asking being very reliable.

I've never understood why people are so inclined to use the website over just calling the store for inventory checks. calling is faster and 100% accurate every damn time. Seems like everyone I know is like this about ordering pizza too. They always want to use the website even though it takes twice as long. Like, I could understand if you want to read the menu, but for a fucking pizza!? Just call!

Platforms, as in both PC and consoles. I get to play whatever I want.

It's almost the exact opposite for me. I've had far better experiences ordering pizza online than over the phone. Online is good because you can see the entire menu and all the combos or specials whereas over the phone they're limited to a minute of an automated recording telling about whatever specials the location is presently running. Then online I get to customize my order just the way I like it without having to repeat it multiple times to the person on the phone because they didn't get it right the first time.

Because insecure neets poopoo in their pants when they try to talk to someone on a phone.

If you call a shithole store with shithole employees and shithole management like a Walmart, maybe. Fact of the matter is calling will ALWAYS be more reliable than checking online. If you're so afraid that an employee isn't actually checking on the floor or in the back for you that you don't call, then you have no right to complain or feel upset about the online count being wrong.

Not checking in the back for an item when a customer calls in asking for it is unheard of in my store and absolutely grounds for write up or termination, and this is the usual rather than the exception across retail stores whether you want to believe it or not.

>go to gamestop to buy presents
>pick up Pokemon Sun and Rayman Legends, cause haven't played it
>ask cashier: "have you played Rayman Legends?"
>"I've played some of it but didn't get through it all"
>my gamepad's messed up so I ask if I can play with just the wiimote
>"if you look on the back of the game box here, it tells you what controls you can use to play the game"
>"Yea, I know, but do you know if the gamepad must always be in use in order to play the game? Or can I use the wiimote alone?
>"It says here that you can use the gamepad, wiimote, and Wii U Pro Controller to play the game"
>I just give up right there cause I know he has no fucking idea what the answer to my question is
>dude was crosseyed too

FUCKING GAMESTOP

>user tries to tell FUCKING GAMESTOP story about employee being an idiot
>forgets to leave out the part where user is the actual idiot
FUCKING GAMESTOP

>discs
What is this, 2007?

like its ever teenagers and not fat attention needing landwhales or stinky sweaty neckeard virgins

He still buys disks

Not am argument. You lose.

He fell for the digital meme.

>owning just a spreadsheet machine and renting games from steam
Kek

>he answers the question, one which you could've found out in seconds using google
>you still come home to complain about it on Sup Forums
Please, kill yourself.

Guess what, they can suck my big fat titties, i'll not buy anything from a company that does this kind of shit. Nor my wife's cuckling.

At least he has a job faggot.

Literally EVERY company does this and you're delusional if you think otherwise.

>employee says they don't have it
>call up corporate, claim he called me a fat hook nosed kike
>a picture of my grampa in auschwitz gets shipped to my house for free with a fuckyou card as well
>employee is promoted and bonus paid for antisemitism.
>you are in Germany

You lack interpretation skills.

Still not buying you gamestop kike.

>you didn't refute my ad hominem so you lose
Lol

>implying I don't own physical copies of a lot of my PC games
Lol

Say more words to me, faggot.

>physical copies
>steam games
Hahahahaha!

>thinking I mentioned only and exclusively steam games
>being so underage that you don't know that you CAN actually own physical copies of steam games, i.e. Counter Strike series, Half-Life 1 and 2 not to mention a lot of other PC games that had both physical AND steam digital release
Lol

>Go to gamestop
>Know the staff pretty well
I used to spend a lot of time there when I was working in a restaurant. It was nice to look at things I couldn't afford.
>They hire a new guy
>He gives me the greeting spiel
>One employee stops him
>"This is user, he's a regular. He knows all of this already."
>He stutters out an apology, but I tell him it's aight cause he is new
>Come back a month later
>All of the employees I know either got better jobs, were promoted and transferred, or just transferred.
>mfw I get the greeting spiel and checkout spiel every time I go now
I don't go nearly as often as I used to, but it still blows.

Half-Life 2 never had a physical release.
It was download code in a box and a disc missing the actual game executables.
So you needed to create an account for the day one patch to download. Volvo on PC literally invented it.

I know this feel
>know staff really well
>move
>get to know new staff
>they slowly but surely get replaced
I stopped going but I was told all the best stories about angry moms returning violent video games and shit. I also got to witness the little kids who knew the staff "well" and was a bit too friendly with them

i work for eb games and this is like 1/3 of my job, answering the phone and looking for games and putting them on hold for people and telling them we don't have ANY FUCKING NES CLASSICS

our inventory systems are fucking garbage though, so we (my store at least) always make sure we actually physically have the disc in-hand before saying anything

but y'know this is the internet and everyone is always right and retail workers who make minimum wage and just want to survive are the devil

>Half-Life 2 never had a physical release.
>implying I didn't buy it from EB Games in 2004 and it came with Counter-Strike: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Lol

You are objectively retarded

i remember seeing it in VHQ when i was younger and thinking it looked lame

>hurr I have been proven wrong about Half-Life 2 having a physical release and now I must resort to using ad hominem
Lol

I don't think you're the devil, I just find it incredibly frustrating to deal with jaded, overworked employees because I know exactly what it is like to be one. It just sucks overall because even if you bust your balls, people will always come to you with shit that is completely out of your jurisdiction and expect you to come up with solutions.

Friendo have you been to Germany? It's the most cucked country ever
it's what happens when you send all your
men and teens that can hold a gun to war and lose just cuz Japan had to play the red headed stepchild and Hitler was too autistic to claim they had nothing to do with it and break off relations with Japan instead of declaring war on America

you'd be astonished how often someone comes in with an original Xbox that doesn't work and is like "can you repair this" and we say no and redirect them to a local place that does console repair and they're like "oh well then can I just sell it here"

yes

yes you can sell a broken original xbox to a place that doesn't even take the wii as a trade in anymore

i fucking hate my job solely because of the customers

What's wrong with her face? Ew.

I'm not astonished at all because I believe it.
I work in grocery, checking, and holy shit are people absolutely retarded.
Just today I had a guy come through with frozen chicken wings saying they were a $2. I ring them up and they come up for $6.99
"Well there were $2"
"I'm sorry, but they are $6.99"
Louder and more angry, "It was $2 on the sign"
"But sir..."
People expect you to just wave your hand and make things work. If i could do that, I'd be getting paid a lot more than I do.

Sorry for the rant.

>looking for Demons Souls in 2009 because fucking nobody had it
>1 Gamestop in my city had one copy
>drive there, they have it

Guess I got lucky

>store has sale on wine, buy 8 $10 bottles for $8 each
>korean woman comes up to the register with 8 bottles of wine, nothing else
>catch the vibe
>you know the vibe
>the one where you just know they're going to complain about something
>scan each bottle of wine, after the eighth bottle they all get marked down to $8
>bottles still have CRV tax
>people always complain about these sales because they don't understand CRV tax
>manually discount the bottles even more to circumvent the CRV plus a few dollars extra just because i'm not in the mood to deal with this shit today
>AFTER i ring her up, AFTER she hands me the money, AFTER i take the money, AFTER her receipt prints, she stands by my register while i'm helping other guests scanning her receipt
>STILL fucking comes up to me and holds the receipt in my face
>"i don't think i like what you did here, i don't think you gave me my sale price"
>she asks me what eight times eight is
>i say "64"
>point to the total on her receipt
>58
>all she says is "oh" and walks away, still looking up and down the receipt for some discrepancy
fucking hell

Nigga they have to if they're promoting it and if they can't deliver you have the right to be compensated for your loss.

>disks

Hey now, I like my 3.5 floppy games.

>you have the right to be compensated for your loss.
If you looked at an inventory count online (which was wrong), drove to the store without calling ahead and they don't have what you're looking for, you literally don't have the right to shit, you don't have to be compensated for shit, and you don't deserve shit.

You don't have the right to be compensated for anything because you didn't lose anything.

Fuck. I lived that in my head as I read it.
>Soda Sale every fucking week
>Must buy 3 12 packs to get them all for $9.99
>Every fucking time without fail, "Are those going to discount?"
>"yes, they will total at the end"
>"Okay"
>scan all of the items in their order
>"user, the price hasn't dropped"
>"It will drop when I total it"
>Price is $62.94
>Drops to $58 or something like that
>I announce this as it happens, even pointing at the screen
>"user, can you go back? I didn't see a price change"
>Go back into the order to show them the now changed prices
>"Oh okay"
I go through at least a hundred people a day, and this happens 1 out of 5 customers.

I don't think you're the devil user. I know retailing and cashiering is a shitty job. I did that many years ago and got the fuck out of it as soon as I could. I'm sure you're a good guy with great work ethics, I've just seen one too many minorities working Walmart electronics answer the phone then put it on hold while they go across the store to talk to a coworker and never bother helping the customer.

People like you with your mindset can go fuck yourselves, entitled twat

Lost Odyssey was pretty obscure when it came out, finding a copy now must be tough.

Gotta be a diligent customers in Jew-operated stores, user.

I'm partial to agree with you simply because of my store and all of its lovely policies, but at the same time there are signs posted every square-inch of the soda aisle explaning the deal.

Fuck, that reminds me of the small town grocer I worked at that accepted food stamps.

>located in the poorer part of town that attracted low-income families.
>1 out of 4 customers always paid with EBT, WIC, or some other government provided benefit.
>Never fails, everyday there was that one family with like five kids with three shopping buggies filled with everything imaginable.
>Ring everything up, total comes to like $400 quantity 150.
>They ask for cigarettes or liquor behind the counter.
>Add this to their total.
>They pay with food stamps.
>Balance remaining: $60.
>Cue the apeshit: "Why do I still owe money?"
>Point out the cigarettes and liquor.
>Not good enough, they demand more answers
>Glance over their carts, notice non-food items
>"You've got paper plates, cups, towels, and other items that food stamps won't pay for."
>Get an earful for about five minutes calling me obscenities and how that's bullshit and they still should not have to pay.
>Holding up the line, other customers are visibly angry and impatient.
>Ask for the manager. Manager tells them the same thing I just said.
>Repeat the same rant again.
>They finally cave in and pay, but not before making a scene in front of the store and ensuring everyone knows they've been victimized.

I will say I'm glad I've never had to deal with shit like that. We take EBT and WIC at my store, but I've never had people get unreasonable over remaining balances.

>digital cuck

It's free on Xbox One at the moment.
Or at least was a couple of weeks ago.

>Tossing around insults like he tosses salad, like a bitch

Can we not relegate to shitposting?
I'm enjoying bitching about my job and universal experiences.

My store actually has one aisle and one aisle only that lets you pay with EBT and WIC and in order to check out your groceries in that aisle, an armed security guard has to sift through it.

You might assume I live in niggerville, but it's even worse than that. It's North Carolina.

Rednecks/White trash are like niggers but they don't realize how terrible they are because they think being white automatically entitles them to being treated like a normal member of society.

It was hit or miss. Some people didn't care, some people took a passive aggressive tone (They knew they'd have a balance but wanted to complain anyway), and some were just plain ol' unhappy and wanted to project all their misfortunes and misery onto you.

Yeah, I know how that goes.
I don't mind wic checks because the people who use them are usually embarrassed, so I will always give them a pass, but EBT is when it starts to get tricky. People love to get big orders, have $17 on the card, and then look surprised when the have to pay $60~.

You do realize that the people working in store A do not provide the online data about what's in store A, right? Or are you so retarded that you think corporate bureaucracy is competent?

>D-DO I FIT IN YET?!
>>>/reddit/

Should've gone up to him and said, "hey man, I found that game you said you didn't have"