For Honor Confirmed P2P

Ubisoft has confirmed that For Honor will use peer-to-peer networking.

Yesterday, when asked for comment by PCGamesN on the use of peer-to-peer networking in the recent technical test, Ubisoft's response was as follows:

>"The way we designed our peer-to-peer online architecture will allow us to provide a smooth and reliable online experience to all players when the game launches."

The article continues:

>On the question of lag, Ubisoft assured us that with their architecture, "no player will have an advantage in a match compared to the others. Some of the connection and networking problems that players have experienced and perceived as consequences of that architecture are rather linked to the fact that we’re still in development".

I don't know what else I expected.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p-B4AwgArwA
youtube.com/watch?v=WClIVUbdKF4
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/game-info/heroes/conqueror.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=ptIpax-Y0p8&index=4&list=PLBnrd5k2F2IOavM60NY76Fr7Rw9zib0NT
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>"No player will have ano advantage over another"

HAHAHAHHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

The massive ammount of homosexual propoganda in this game is insane. The worst part is that its called "for honor". How insulting.

To be honest, during the alpha there wasn't a single time I blamed the game's latency for losing a fight. I mean the CONNECTING TO NEW HOST shit was annoying, but it never had an actual impact on fights.

Just a shame, because the lack of servers means no crossplay.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Another potential great game fucked over.

P2P literally made no difference during the alpha.

>t. I wasn't invited to the closed alpha but ubishit pays me to shill so here I am

I fucking knew it. It's Ubisoft. SOMETHING was gonna be the downfall of this great game

There was not a single point in time when playing the game that I thought I had a host advantage or the enemy had a host advantage.

But there are a bunch of other network issues they need to fix. Especially the party system.

Is this you?

Yeah, the connection and networking problems that players have experienced and perceived as consequences of the architecture are rather linked to the fact that they're still in development.

I might have suffered latency issues once or twice in the alpha. For the most part, if I lost, it was due to my opponent, not lag. It's not that big an issue and they'll fix it before release even so.

>P2P
>always online connection

I love the game and been playing in both betas, but they really really want me to reconsider actually purchasing it

I've been enthralled by this game from the start. I really hope they don't fuck it up.

>They will fix everyone who plays the games internet connections before release.
Ok, even assuming everyone had a top tier connection, host advantage would still be a thing.

After Space Marine I will never again buy a p2p game. It absolutely ruins otherwise good games.

How long does the NDA last?

Why are companies steadfast against server browsers? You literally just put one little feature in the game, host a master server that costs peanuts in terms of upkeep, and people will volunteer to pay for the servers they want, in the locations they need, and keep your game alive for years to come at virtually no cost to you.

>steam drm
>uplay
>denuvo
>single player always online
>p2p connection

either it's the second coming of christ or ubisoft can kindly fuck off

>steam

??
Just use uplay faggot.

I did play it, try harder.

Excluding the disconnects with the host leaving, it created no advantage in fights that people actively pointed out. There is not one complaint in the technical forums about host advantage.

You're bitching about nothing.

>lets completely kill any semblance of good will garnered by the support of siege with for honor

All the dlc for For Honor is rumored to be free. If this is so, why does the Gold Edition of the game have a season pass?

Cosmetic shit I've heard.

it´s sjw trash anyway

Cosmetics and early instant access to new heroes added to the game.

People without the Gold Edition will need to pay 500 currency to unlock the new heroes, same as they did in the Alpha to play anything that wasn't a Warden.

>It has vaginas in combat? Fucking SJW trash!

DLC, I don't know. But the game definitely has game-altering customization options that you buy using a currency that you can buy with real money.

>Excluding the disconnects with the host leaving, it created no advantage in fights that people actively pointed out. There is not one complaint in the technical forums about host advantage.

There are two threads in the general board on the Technical Test 2 forums with over a thousand views (not counting stickies). One is about gender options on characters (what the fuck?). The other is literally titled "P2P is terrible". It is the thread with the second-most replies on the board. What the fuck are you smoking.

>by greentexting a hilariously bad flaw I can attempt to trivialize it

Disappointing, but not deal breaking, I suppose.

It's not even slightly a flaw unless it's trying to simulate real history.

And yet nowhere in the thread does it talk about the actual COMBAT side of P2P. It's a full on bitch about just disconnecting a lot which is expected in an alpha build of a game. This wasn't even a beta, it's a literal alpha missing a fuckton of sound assets and levels from the previous build.

>host advantage

I'm pretty sure that's not how actual P2P works. The architecture treats every player as an equal, and updates are received equally. More players = better performance. There are issues when players disconnect or connect to the game though, and I believe that's due to it being P2P. No host advantage. You're thinking of server-client which is closely related to P2P

Can you read?

>There is not one complaint in the technical forums about host advantage.

>women in combat

clearly an immersion breaker, they don't even have an explanation for it, and the universe is low fantasy, if that

They don't play like women at all, they're just male fighters with a female model, which was good enough for Ubisoft's design team to call it a day

>game about awesome knights, samurai, and vikings killing the shit out of each other

>you can be a girl

Dropped.

That's fucking wrong. Read the thread.

>they don't even have an explanation for it

All three civilisations have been going to war for literally a millennium. They need all the feet on the ground they can get.

Eh
I had no problems landing my shit in the last test

There where always exeptions but for what seemed like 90% of the matches i had i could Tech throws and parry just fine.

It almost feels like the PC netcode for SF4

>The way we designed our peer-to-peer online architecture will allow us to provide a smooth and reliable online experience to all players when the game launches.

so uh, super genius net tech guys; how do you quantify a statement like this? because it reads literally as "leaving the connection quality in the hands of the peers SOMEHOW gives US the ability to control the network environment and make it smooth for all, uhhhh.... by magic or some shit"

why would you buy for honor at all when mordhau is a thing?

youtube.com/watch?v=p-B4AwgArwA

>recorded so much awseome shit i did in the last test because i was invited to all the others so i gut gud fast
>Can't show people how cool i am for (you)s
Suffering

Because I'm not a poorfag and can easily buy more than one game.

Peer to peer has better performance than server client.

They control the network environment with the network architecture. Which is the Peer-to-peer architecture they created.

Advantages:
-works well with lots of players
-costs less

Disadvantages:
-connection error when a peer leaves

I just want to see some Lawbringer gameplay, but Ubi's being secretive.

>P2P is terrible, I'm not buying the game with P2P!

That's got nothing to do with host advantage. The majority of comments in that thread are like that.

Of course it fucking is. Same reason why the beta has been restricted to the US and some euro countries.

When the game comes out there's gonna be a huge mess of people unable to play with each other as they try to connect across countries. Ubisoft just wants people to remain ignorant of the fact for as long as possible.

The footage is all watermarked to shit anyway, we'll get a beta next month.

Oh I guess you guys wouldn't know, would you? For everyone saying "IT WORKED FINE IN BETA" keep in mind you were playing ONLY with people from your fucking country. Release is going to be a whole different thing.

>keep in mind you were playing ONLY with people from your fucking country.
lol
I live in Scandinavia an played guys from Finland and England

Nobody is defending P2P but calm down with the autismo fits kid

I live in Europe and frequently connected with people in Canada/America with zero issues.

The NDA is in place because of the bad hero balance.

Peacekeeper is out of control.

Shugoki is on suicide watch.

Why would it? With even more people there will be even less reasons to play with players outside your region.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Peacekeeper out of control
>Valkyrie still exists

t.host

I wonder how they're going to make Lawbringer overpowered as fuck in the January beta.

>Test 2
>Lawbringer is all about stuns and disables
>His attack speed is so slow that he literally can't do anything but light attack jab after a push or knockdown
>Meanwhile Valkyrie can land 2-3 fucking hits with everything she does

I actually like the balance team, i think they know how to tackle this shit

Orochi got nerfed after the 2nd beta like everyone wanted.
Valkyri got hit with the nerfbat 2 days after this test began because everyone told them that she was just broken as fuck.

I want you to really think about what i just said
>They nerfed a character
>In a fucking test that wasn't even for character balance

Capcom could learn a thing or two from them

If I was persistently the host on my ancient broadband, I worry for the rest of the supposed 1st world.

> trusting Ubishits
> ever

>That's got nothing to do with host advantage. The majority of comments in that thread are like that.
I made one of those comments and the reason I posted that is exactly host advantage

The devs said they had trouble balancing the Lawbringer because if they increased even a tiny bit his speed, he always became OP.

He is now in balance hell, dangling between shit and OP with constant nerfs and useless buffs.

I played 50 or so Duels and not once did I encounter what I'd call host advantage.

I'm EU and I played someone from westcoast who was decimating me because he landed every single guard break while I could maybe pass 40% of checks. Not to mention guarding in time.

Host advantage is a real thing.

It got so bad, I wasn't even able to tell anymore whether the class I was playing was OP, my enemies were shit or I was just lucky to be hosting.

BUFF THE CONQUEROR

HE DIDN'T GET OUT OF PRISON FOR THIS WEEB SHIT

All he really need if for his CC to do a tiny bit of damage desu.
Just like Berserkers Guard break does damage

If you get hit by that slow ass flip move then you deserve it t b h

I'm buying it if they make a male peacekeeper and valkyrie.

>wanting to play a male Valkyrie

>male valkyrie
>male
>valkyrie

I'd rather see him able to combo his grabs into a heavy than give damage to the grabs itself

>The turboautist who reached reputation 10 with the Roachi thinks he's hot shit
>he only wins because OP gear
>duel him
>custom match, gear stats off
>wreck him with my Conqueror

Why are Samurai players so pathetic? They have to compensate their lack of skill by grinding.

>>They don't play like women at all

This is bait

Git gud gaijin.

Weebs belong at the bottom of a cliff..

Pulling our masterworked nodachi from your clumsy, over-armored corpse yeah.

>Conqueror
>Default armor looks like a bad guy from Killing Floor
>Chain wrapped around his arm like Kharn
>Armor and shield is raggedy as fuck
>Unlockable armor pieces make him look like an actual knight

Thank god this game has transmogs.

Looks like a big guy

Fuck you, SongSmile.

>he thinks his shitty steel can penetrate the hardened abs of a Conqueror

Hold on, let me re-snap your neck, I think you lost the last few braincells you had.

The Conqueror is canonically a convicted criminal who was pressganged into the military and turned out to be really fucking good at it.

what?

Nah the NDA is there because the game is going a p2w route. That loot you earn that gives you stats will be buyable in the full game.

I see it now

>The Conqueror is canonically a convicted criminal who was pressganged into the military and turned out to be really fucking good at it.

That's hilarious. Where do I read this?

youtube.com/watch?v=WClIVUbdKF4

No wonder knights are so shit.

>Conquerors are ex-prisoners and forced conscripts who have risen to the rank of elite soldier. Originally pressed into military service as sword fodder, those who are skilled enough to survive are promoted out of the rank and file and given heavy infantry training. They are heavily armored warriors, relying on a defensive style and their massive flails to whittle away at their opponent’s stamina until they fall under the Conquerors’ massive onslaught. Climbing from the lowest ranked to this prestigious role in the Knight’s forces, Conquerors have earned the respect of their peers through determination and feats of arms.

forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/game-info/heroes/conqueror.aspx

Even criminals armed with meme weapons are better than your so-called """"Warriors"""".

youtube.com/watch?v=ptIpax-Y0p8&index=4&list=PLBnrd5k2F2IOavM60NY76Fr7Rw9zib0NT

>trailer literally says every one of our warriors are worth 100 of your memetards

wtf are you smoking dude, I've been fucking niggas left and right with the conq

>Video is unavailable

who the fuck came up with this meme?

>Each Orochi is a match for a hundred.

Notice how it doesn't specify the hundred.

That's because an Orochi is equivalent to a hundred armless kids whose candy has just been stolen, but the Weeb propaganda doesn't want the truth to be out.

Why do you think the weebs are outnumbered? They have all been killed off because they are retards. A single Conq can wreck any of your starving, weak ass pansies.

>A single Conq can wreck any of your starving, weak ass pansies.
>mfw this gaijin actually believe this

>smug
looks more lovestruck to me

>I have no argument, therefore I will insult him and use a smug anime girl pic in an attempt to make him mad.
This is you.

As you can see from pic related, the man is a representation of the Knights and the hamburger is you, made mincemeat.

>burgers
>knights

That's a lot of implications, young man. Are you trying to say something?

>medival
>burgers
>burgers
>medieval

not sure if I wanna buy the game now still