Single-handedly killed mumble, TS, skype and every other voice communication system

>single-handedly killed mumble, TS, skype and every other voice communication system
>nobody ever talks about it
What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/dgzbZ
discord.gg/GMhbUnS
winaero.com/blog/how-to-disable-ads-in-skype-updated-for-recent-versions/
eteknix.com/stop-windows-7-8-spying/
discordapp.com/tos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What happened?
it's not vidya.

I still use TS. Discords more like a chat room.

Mumble is still superior.

The only thing Discord does right is constant, heavy-handed shilling to make it look like a big deal. Like this thread.

>>nobody ever talks about it
see >>>/vg

Thats whats good about it, superior text-chat and voice chat over any other program.

>not just using Steam chat

Is there a Sup Forums discord? Im lonely

Right here bud :)

discord.gg/dgzbZ

This, as a circlejerk enabler or Skype replacement it's decent, but as a dedicated VoIP program the established competition just blows it out of the water.

What is there to even talk about?

It is just yet another voice server program people use to play games with eachother or make chatrooms.
It is good enough and free to host so people have just naturally moved over to it.

That is pretty much it.

>using any of those services
>niggers actually using Skype for video games

This is how you can tell the age of a person.

TeamSpeak - Oldfag
Mumble - Midagefag
Skype - Teenagerfag
Discord - Childfag

What about ventrilo?

I didn't even know about this shit before couple weeks earlier.

>join my discord, i dont like steam chat

Fucking ridic.
And don't even get me started about any Sup Forums chat, the amount of forced memes would make Milhouse puke.

As much as I like Discord, all those platforms are very much alive.

>being this much of a hipster twat
TeamSpeak always sucked, you can get decent quality voice for it, but the hosting is ultimately coming out of your pocket (be it that you pay for hosting [kek], or run your own server), for anything international that shit just isn't going to work well. Also, IM chat is utter garbage on TS, and the UI is and has always been terrible too. The same applies with Mumble, except Mumble has worse voice quality, so it's utterly useless.

I have used all but that mumble thing through out the years, often changing the program because either lag, or updates fucking shit up in other ways.

Never forget then the Sup Forums discord managed to get stephanie joosten and they ruined it by @ing her while she was sleeping so she left.

Its not about being a hipster, it's about the adoption of these services by people of a certain age.

Old-Midagefag

I think Vent comes after TS but before Mumble

>discord.gg/dgzbZ
Am I getting trolle? theres like 5 people on here

Steam voice chat is garbage

there are only 5 people on Sup Forums

some people may have been gaming for years but never bothered with voice, so either way it's a pointless thing to moan about

Mirc+ts3>>>>Discord

Teamspeak is still one of the most popular for voice chat, if you want to type all day obviously people are going to gravitate towards Discord. I ain't going anywhere near it since it's pretty suspect.

>mfw I'm too awkward for discord's almost circlejerk-esque dynamic
>Can never fit in
>Can't play video games

are you retarded or a shill!?

It wasn't even voice, it was text.

>muh shill- discord
>definitively secure
>definitively not recording your voice
>definitively not keeping log
>why NSA not getting prime access
>works best with google chrome

Just- Could someone reset the Internet?

>using discord for anything but video game discussion as it was intended
Are you literally that stupid?

i started to use mumble at the start of this month because of dolby axon closed down

>He doesn't have a discord filled with people he knows and plays video games with.
Must suck having no friends huh?

I'm using Raspbian via Raspberry Pi zero.

Feels good being PC master race.

All the other VOIP still look like shit some out of the 90's.

This. Add full webm support and custom emotes and this shit is perfect.

Roger Wilco - Grandpa

discord.gg/GMhbUnS

official Sup Forums discord

OK kid

Maybe if Steam Chat ever got an update, the mobile app is still steaming garbage that can't do group chats and the group I play with has to deal with the chat ghosting at least once every few days.

Discord is just easier to use and have for a small group that hops from game to game, if I had like more than 20+ people needing to be in a single room for voice I'd probably use Mumble.

>using discord
No, are you?

Why the fuck would I talk about voice software?
I either use it or I don't

What's there to talk about? You use it and be done with it.

Good program.

>be one of the first people to join discord chat
>now you're the one of the cool kids who commands the circlejerk
>all awkward newfags want to play vidya with you

I was fine with using skype until it added all my family and friends and spam mail addresses that emailed me over the years.
One day my skype was filled with random people and I couldn't fucking get rid of them, couldn't even turn the email sync off. So I just deleted it and moved to Discord, what the fuck were they thinking

Reminder that their TOS explicitly says they can sell anything you write or talk about in there and they are recording all you say, including selling your files and pics.

Hope they enjoy all those sad panda links in my groups NSFW channel.

In Skype's case it was because it became an adware ridden piece of shit that hogged so much computer memory just being open

>He doesn't know how to get rid of ads
winaero.com/blog/how-to-disable-ads-in-skype-updated-for-recent-versions/

You clearly seem to be the idiot. You do realize the FBI monitors this website, right? You do realize Moot struck a deal with them years ago for that privilege, right? Get off your high horse you dumb white nigger, there's no place in the internet that isn't being monitored by some organization.

MR.FBI ARREST THIS MAN
HE SAID NIGGER

You and people alike you need to fuck off already. It is a platform that is used to communicate in vidya. Hell, it started as one exclusively for FF XIV. Bet you now thats not vidya either.
Just put a gun in your mouth already

why is it free anons?

>Shilling rage intensifies
Wish fags like you were thrown in jail.

SHIT SHIT!!! YOU CANT CATCH ME IF THIS ISNT ARCHIVED!!!

GET ON VENT BRO

Wish you'd jump off a building, bitter autist.

because the parent company Hammer and Chisel got Discord funded by investors to test the market and then they will figure out monetization with further customization stuff/partnership deals with twitch and whatever.

and/or its all guv'ment boogeyman and they just sell your ERP logs.

>I need this .02 cents really fucking bad
>quick I'll shill for cash on Sup Forums
No I don't want your spyware tencent

Discord is not a videogame. By your logic, e-celeb cancer threads are also videogames. They are not videogames.

Enjoy your stay here at Sup Forums - videogames.

Even if I shat on a plate and did only so for it do be eaten by you while you6re playing video games wouldn't make my shit vidya

>mhu NSA boogeyman
why paranoidfags are so pathetic? You will never be secure, they already know that you fap to anime "girls! with big penises.

At least i am not selling myself for easy money shilling spying software on the internet, kys.

>mumble
does discord have positional 2d audio?

Can you actually explain what's better / worse instead of saying it just is?

Mods and moot fucking suck at enforcing rules. Video games are a medium thats way broader. But no, if something deviates even slightly from your shitty bait, console wars, waifu threads, what went wrong threads, its is immediately attacked by you and every other autist who thinks alike

>nobody ever talks about it
Because this bloated shit makes unnecessary use of the CPU, that's why people don't talk about this. It's still a great program, and once they fix this shit, they will become more popular.

Right now, TS is still superior when it comes to optimization

It uses a lot of cpu because it is constantly recording all you do, to sell it.

Discord is complete shit and only used by Hipsters.
Shows what a faggot OP is.

>Don't want to use discord
>Everyone else uses discord
>Have to use discord
kill me

>implying I support bait/consolewar/shitposting and waifu threads
take your fallacies and do shove them up your ass. Discord is not videogames, it's barely even related to videogames given its general use - heck, as others have pointed out there's nothing to fucking discuss about Discord anyway.

Hope you aren't on Windows user...

linux gaming when

I disabled everything, you dummy
eteknix.com/stop-windows-7-8-spying/

Well, then, thank god I switched back to TS.

How about go fuck yourself, tell Hiroshima to change the rules for this board to "talk exclusively about video game RELEASES" because thats what you idiots here are implying we're only allowed to post about. Then proceed to jerk yourself off on a pen sharpener

We need more VOIP programms, we need a new VOIP programm every month, every fucking time someone tries to play co-op they can't decide what to use and end up not playing the game.

Everyone are busy using it instead of talking about using it

Then why not just disable the part of discord that records open programs? You just turn off it showing what game you are playing.

of course that'll never satisfy people and they'll just assume any benign interaction is actually theft.

>got an 5 years old notebook laptop for voip
>try discord
>cpu melts
>can't even talk with people because of stuttering when cpu overload

I find it funny that WC3 require less than discord

Resource usage, stability and audio quality. For VoIP use, I'm going to prefer the program with ridiculously high fidelity all the time and 25 MB memory footprint over something that takes 10-20 times more resources, raids the SSD like some fucking data pirate and is infinitely more prone to making people sound like broken speech synthesis programs.

>discorn needing shills at all
Retarded paranoid fag with irrelevant opinions detected. There is no reason to not use discord unless you have literally no one to talk to, which coming from your kind, wouldn't suprise me.

you mean 50 year old?

There is no benign interaction when they openly admit to spy on you and selling your info
They in fact put a clause that you can't sue if they steal a good idea from the users.
discordapp.com/tos
>By uploading, distributing, transmitting or otherwise using Your Data with the Services, you grant to us a nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, sublicensable, and worldwide license to use Your Data, subject to the Company’s Privacy Policy.

cry more whilst you fail to disprove my point that Discord has nothing to discuss since not only is it unrelated to videogames, but it's also an awful topic for a thread as there's fuck-all to discuss about it.

the ads shouldn't be there in the first place

How are they supposed to make money then fucking retard?

Have you ever read an agreement that sounded good for the consumer?
I'm just bored and playing doubles advocate user data selling is a rampant issue leading to a more ad filled future

Boy I sure hope they like me and my friends talking about how futa isn't gay all day.

It just works.

>single-handedly killed mumble, TS, skype and every other voice communication system
objectively wrong

there are really people using discord. Might aswell donate to your fav grill steamer 1000k dollars bro :)

so it records everything huh?

how hard would it be to set up a private channel with like a bot that spams "nigger" in both chat and over microphone?

Not for ease of use it isn't. Trying to teach morons about irc and teamspeak is a fucking nightmare compared to just getting them to click a link.

Nice. You fail to prove how it isn't related when it's now a major platform for communication in video games. You suck off mods who impose these arbitrary rules and when i tell you exactly how bullshit they are, you just go back to >muh not vidya
You should be a janitor for this place because you seem to suck these mods off exactly how they want.

How the fuck did you make that leap of logic.

>doesn't archive messages when you're not in the chatroom
>constantly ghostchats

Literally has nothing going for it over discord but :awoo: and :csdmad:

I'm not sure how they made money with their subscription service and premium either

meanwhile, look at all the riveting conversation this thread brought in!
Wow, user, you really showed me the light!

Retard.

Literally every TOS does this. It's standard covering-your-ass.