(FFXV) So, Ring Magic

> Ring of the Lucii
> Has the power of your Lucian ancestors
> When King Regis wears the ring he can use fire magic, shoot lightning from his hands, and can create magic barriers, all without magic flasks
> When Nyx uses the ring he has all the magic Regis has and can summon the Nights of the Round to fight for him
> When you use the ring ingame you get 3 lame magic spells: "Death" which takes to long and leaves you open to attack, "Alterna" a instant kill spell that misses all the time and is pretty useless, and "Holy" a nerfed iconic spell reduced to a lame count move.

Who thought this was a good idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erebus
mega.nz/#F!BU4F2BJa!mwhSWWKjmdLrHP-qrdqMHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=h08pvGD4kbQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

noctis is really fucking bad at using the power of kings

his dad could shield an entire city and give warping to his units

noctis canĀ“t even give warping to his 3 companions

The way they introduced that macguffin in Kingsglaive was fucking nonsensical. Came out of literally nowhere with no mention, despite the Crystal being the main thing anyone cared about.

And then you play XV and not only is there the crystal and ring, but the Oracles are special too. Everything is just some singular magical world-preserving/threatening thing and they treat them like they don't matter at all in the story.

THAT'S IT

I've discovered a new plot hole!

The ring merely acts as a proxy for the crystal. Whose name was long forgotten. It was once known as the Stone of Erebus.

>Stone of Erebus
>Stone Erebus
>S. Erebus
>Serebus
>Cerberus

DEEPEST LORE

Was Chapter 13 really all bad?

The idea for chapter 13 is great. 1 on 1 with the bad guy. Take away everything. Make it feel lonely.
But they bombed here. They failed. Arden doesn't say anything important. He repeats the same lines and giggle, his intentions for the maze and shit with your freinds makes no sense. How he is even talking to you makes no sense. The animation for the key card is jarringly bad, Noct shows no emotion or character development, he's not scared, tired, brave, or anything. The only time you see him showing something is when you rest at 1 of the million placed bedroom areas. He sits exausted and alone in room. I liked that.
He may have been whiney at the Titan but at least you where getting something out of him.
The biggest plot points of the game are handled through papers that have no reason to be there like this is some Pewdiepie indie horror meme game. And even though you learn you been killing humans this while fucking time nobody cares. It is a overly used plot twist, so why add it if you are not even going to make it worth knowing.
The place looks ps3 teir.
Plenty of games take away everything so that you have to use the knowledge you gained up until this point to survive, but here they throw a gimmick at you like the people making this level didn't know how to make a level that revolved around the games mechanics so they gave up trying. The ring doesn't do shit after you finish this place. The rings power makes no sense to plot.
The hiding areas are pointless. I never used them once. Maybe you where suppose to use it when the invincible enemy chased you, but he went away when you walked passed him and went into a different room anyway.
It feels like they took a level made 10 years ago, and repurposed it to lengthen the game. Why else would they put so many doors and then have you wait every time you want to open them.
Again I don't thinks bad to weed out normies, but this isn't that.

>can't run
>no weapons
>can only use a ring
>stealth and hiding mechanics game play
>Major story line plot points are reduced to hidden documents scattered in random rooms
>Lots of off screen deaths from main villains.

It was pretty bad. You will get people arguing for the "it made Noctis vulnerable and alone" like it actually adds to the immersion but any of that is sucked right out if you have actually been following the story.

Having Aldercapt turn into some bitch daemon off-screen is absolute criminal.

>main villains
There weren`t any villains, honestly. Just Ardyn.
Empreror and Verstael have more screentime in fucking trailers, Dumbass Nox Fleuret was good guy all along, other Niff characters are jokes. Even giant armored plothole named Glauca was better villain than every '''''''antagonist'''''' in game, except Kefka-wannabe.

Yeah though at least we Got to fight him

Which makes it even worse. The whole time the empire is built up to be this massive thing and the most interaction you get is the random units that find you and the outposts.

Was there any confirmation on what type of cutscenes were added in the patch?

They just gloss over the bombshell of Prompto being A MAGITEK TROOPER, A GODDAMN ARTIFICIAL HUMAN like it's nothing

like yeah I get the cute little message of the guys not caring about where he came from but I WANT TO KNOW MORE GODDAMN IT

so many times this game would murder any potential for a big story moment by just throwing it out there

I heard some REALLY bad things beforehand so I expected the worst shit ever.

The idea behind it, as an user above me said, isn't bad, going alone against the villain. Resting alone at the resting spots and whatnot. It was a bit painful going through it but nothing to be too frustrated about, I played worse boring/frustrating levels. Anyways, the relief of reuniting with the boys was immense, so they succeded in that aspect at least. Sat there watching them talking at the resting point for a good minute after wandering through samey hallways.

I found it more amusing when at the time i thought he was running around the level in his underwear.
Kinda depressed that wasn't the case.

>GODDAMN ARTIFICIAL HUMAN
He isn`t artifical, he has BIOLOGICAL father. May be he was blue-print for other MTs and all MTs are Prompto`s clones, who knows.

Honestly it makes me wonder how the hell a civilization as robust and advanced as the one they portray in the game managed to even spring up with all these magical nukes lying around. Especially fucking Altissa, goddamn. How in the fuck Leviathan didn't wreck their shit centuries ago is a mystery.

I've got that reference, Mr. O'Brian

People call Noctis a broody teen but he's anything but that throughout the game.

Then only time he was a broody little shit was after Luna dies and that was for like a chapter after Gladious gets frustrated with him being a mopey fuck and they make up at the end of the chapter.

He's makes a lot of faces that look mopey but half the bloody time the dialogue clearly shows he's having a blast with his best friends.

The actual mopey fuck in the team is prompto with his insecurities spilling all over the place late-game.

>you must read the official guide for $59.95 to complete the story

Really activates my loading screens.

I feel like people joked to much about Noctis being broody emo Sasuke, and SE made him less emotional. Partially I`m glad that he isn`t mopey teen, but he has very little character development (still more than other characters).

I attribute that to Noctis being groggy and half asleep like 70% of the time. Comes off edgy but doesn't give too many fucks

It's pretty much guaranteed that the team will have their own character arcs in the DLC, but yeah that character development should have been in the game itself. not the fucking brotherhood anime series they had.

I'd say Noctis was pretty fucking emotional but only when it concerns his family, Luna, or his friends.

The only times he has shown a wide range of emotions was for them and anyone else he's pretty much a rock and doesn't give a shit.

You guys... are the best

>"Ffxv is its own standalone story, you don't need anything else"
>Who the hell are these people im traveling with?
>LOL DUDE DID YOU EVEN WATCH BROTHERHOOD LOL

>Iris trying to have a cute outing with him and he utterly fails to produce anything remotely resembling interest

fucking savage

Does someone has the download links for the OST in FLAC?

Erebus is already a thing, user.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erebus

He knows but keeps the minimum amount of fucks because she's Gladious sister, half the fucking time he has Luna on his mind to be honest.

I actually felt bad for him because he was obviously looking forward to tying the knot with her

I don`t mind DLCs, I want more dynamics between bros. Their relationship is pretty much the same during the whole game, except forced episode on train. And this situiation ended unresolved again.

It's your lucky day punk

mega.nz/#F!BU4F2BJa!mwhSWWKjmdLrHP-qrdqMHQ

The password is hikaru

Ah shit, I fucked up the quotes

Yeah same. Her death was gut-wrenching even if she was kind of flat as a character, just because I totally bought how much they meant to each other

What's this?

FFXV's OST.

How much is the season pass anyway? I'm not going to spend $40 on DLC that we don't have concrete dates for. Except that fucking Holiday Pack tomorrow.

Also, who the fuck do they think they are charging $35 for the edition of Kingsglaive with Brotherhood.

I wouldn't call her too flat of a character, the game just painted her as wholly dedicated to her job as the oracle and showed who torn she was over Noctis' fate and her own.

I started feeling real bad for her when she was sticking up for Noct as Leviathan was shitting on her and Noctis for being meatbags unworthy of her help.

I don't get why if the Oracle dies then the world falls into darkness. And if she was so important, you'd think that she would be guarded extremely well.

anyone have the flac version of the OST?

>How much is the season pass anyway?

$24.99

tfw we didn't walk down the Royal steps and wrecked Niffs like in the Verses XIII trailer.

Only thing I wanted, but I understand it wouldn't fit.

Yes. I just played through it this afternoon and it was suffering.

Oracle can heal/absorbe starscourge, preventing people`s turning into daemons. More daemons=more parasytes, light-absorbing shit, whatever.

>yfw this is MGSV 2.0 except Square actually gives a shit and it will get meaningful support in the future instead of being left entirely incomplete forever

thank you m80

There was an invincible enemy? What was it? The demon thing with the wings? I got it stuck on a doorway and just took swings at it for a couple minutes and eventually killed it.

The worse part of the game is that their is no point in playing have you platinum the game. No trophies for the secret dungeons, no trophies for the secret super bosses, no trophies for the high level hunts, no trophies for maxing out acsension tree.
I don't understand the reasoning behind this?

That is not near as bad as I thought it'd be, considering we're getting...five DLC packs? Eh fuck it, I got the game for $13 due to Target today, so I don't see why I shouldn't get the season pass.

Iris > Quiet too.

The sad thing is that if every chapter had 13's length at least and with good story / scenes to go with their length, then it wouldn't be so jarring. Instead, once you finish Altissia every chapter between it and 13 bumrushes the fuck up. You get a Royal Arm and Ignis isn't as absolutely helpless as he was one chapter, then the Empire attacks the train and bombastic action, accidentally knock Prompto off, and.. What? Shiva's suddenly dead and her corpse is creating massive snowstorms, except no she actually wasn't dead and no one cares past this. Tenebrae flies by with little to no fucking context while on fire, plot important flashback for Ravus that suddenly gives him a heel face turn out of nowhere, and then BUCKLE UP NOCTO, IT'S REGALIA DEATH TIME.

And then suddenly 2-3 hours of creeping around with a giggling Ardyn and wannabe spooks.

>playing for trophies

Kill yourself

Yeah, that kind of felt like it was leftover from an earlier version of the script or something. I wonder if they'll end up just removing that part of the scene since it doesn't really matter in the least.

So why was the empire killing the Six? Did that ever get explained? Or was it all just according to Ardyn's keikaku? (Keikaku means plan)

The Empire are dicks, that's why.
They probably wanted to wipe out the gods and take the Crystal, and seize all worldly power for themselves.

Yeah I thought it was weird how pissy Gladiolus got with Noct during that part. Like his fiancee just died, cut the kid some slack. Noct didn't even seem like he was particularly down about it either, but Gladiolus is acting like he's been in emo edge mode for months or something.

Why Gentiana didn`t save Luna from Ardyn? She freezes him on train, why she can`t do something like this in Altissia?

>Keep having Nightmares of Diamond Weapon
>Literally never mentioned again
Why did they even bother to use Kingslaive footage, that being said why did they use the Omen trailer footage too?

TEN YEARS

Why didn't Ardyn just kill Noctis and the gang at any literal moment throughout the game?

I honestly never got the impression that Noct was actually looking forward to the wedding. It just seemed like it was a thing he had to do.

He's kind of right though, it's not like other FF's where there's replayability, you can literally complete the game, do Adamantoise and it's a platinum in less than 50-60 hours.

By far less if you skip scenes.

>no WEAPON fight in the game despite existing one in the movie
Who thought THIS was a good idea?

Just updated the game.

Did they change the look of the ascension grid?

Maybe Leviathan would get pissed if she saw Shiva-as-Gentiana protecting a human and any hope of the contract would've been sundered. But all in all, the game never even attempts to explain that or so forth, so yeah.

It's hilarious how Omen isn't even meant to reflect the story. It was just a third-party short movie made with SE's permission for the hell of it, but Square made it seem like it legitimately reflected the story somehow and the developers quickly slipped it into the game less than a month before release (probably one the day one patch that pointlessly added Kingsglaive footage to boot) because they liked it.

what item do you get for beating that shit dungeon that requires no items at all

is it even worth it

Because that would've ruined his plan.

Never mind the fucking blue lines didn't load. and the lighting didn't load.

it looked pretty cool.

When do you even see Kingsglaive footage anyway, I've just been fucking off fishing by the place you first meat Ardyn.

Being a sleepy layabout who's unenthusiastic about everything is sort of his thing though

Yeah the trophy situation is really weird. I was in Chapter 4 and had something like 68% of the trophies already.

You talking about pitioss secret dungeon?

No. It's a shit and strenuous dungeon and the award is pointless considering you already beat the game at that point.

Cool. Titan has an alternative animation when summoned for adamantoise.
Also Ramuh throws his rod through the ground and crashes the rock walls if summoned inside a dungeon.

Any other?

When the Insomnia invasion happens at the end of Chapter 1 but before Noctis learns about it, and when you meet up with Iris in Chapter 3 and she gives a brief summary of the invasion.
They literally just show random montage footage with no context beyond "insomnia gets fucked, regis dies", and no sound or anything either beyond a moody bgm.

The Omen footage is even more jarring since it happens at Altissia (if I remember right), but they show only the second half of the trailer and not all of it, with no sound and only different music again. Noctis just wakes up from it and it's never mentioned again.

I got the impression that the Oracle had to die in order for the King to fulfil his calling. Though I pretty much just made that up on my own since the game doesnt explain any of it.

The scene with the meeting where the imperials ambush Regis was from the movie.

Also the part where the city loses it's shield was from the movie too.

There are more scenes from the movie as.

That sounds fucking retarded.

Sounds like it got glitched and couldn't teleport. Every time it teleports away it comes back with full HP.

No, he means Castlamark one. You get the black hood for doing Pitioss (auto-evade) but that only works for when you're not using auto attack, so with many people's playstyle it'll be pointless.

But for Castlemark secret dungeon you get the Dark Matter accessory, +100 STR accesory, I'm not even joking. It's fucking pointless. Even worse seeing as you never use it PAST that dungeon.

Will Noctis's Audi be a future DLC?

Because then Noctis wouldn't be able to kill him.

That 9GB day one patch you had to download?
That added the scenes in, meaning they weren't even originally in the game to begin with.

Nah I got this. I think the story was meant to put him through all this shit to make him the man he's meant to be at the end. It also makes sense with the fact it takes him 10 years or something to realise he needs to sacrifice himself when he meets Bahamut.

I dunno where they were going with that though.

>it made Noctis vulnerable and alone

It didn't even do that.

You are literally immortal if you just hold square and it's impossible to run out of MP because Holy gives you 20 MP every time you dodge an attack.

>tfw all I have left for Platinum is killing adamantoise

>extra dungeon full of accessories
>all of them are shittier than one you can farm from a random encounter
Who thought this was a good idea?

Wasn't that Regis' car?

It's literally impossible to die from this boss

>>nights of the round
>>nights

......for fucks sake

Adamantoise is easy. Just buff your strength as much as you can and eat crit % food and go wild on its toe for ten minutes with daggers.

Game tries way too hard at making things so cinematic that it essentially ruins the game play.

>All bosses consist of QTE's
>Most animations are long and drawn out
>Most people rarely knew how to summon and you don't get exp except for noct

Is that fight really supposed to take 72 hours? Or is it like 72 in-game hours?

I would have rather spent the money on buying Kingsglaive than that.

I still do not understand why they think Brotherhood is worth $10 on top of Kingsglaive, WHEN IT'S FREE ON YOUTUBE LEGALLY. Did the extended cut even add anything good?

Don't forget user, they added NG+ so you can do all this shit over again!

Who the fuck would play this game again?

What I feel though is that there's technically a good game beneath it all, if they actually put the effort in with the story and character backgrounds it would have panned out better. There's quite a lot of parts that make no sense story-wise, like when Noctis realises his city has just been took over and his dad is dead, he hits the road immediately after like everything is fine. Surely they could have had a better scene?

Tfw you glitch aranea permanently into your party

Was a gift for Noctis on his 20th birthday.
Long and boring as fuck. Saw a video of it being done in 8 minutes so hopefully I can do it just as quick.

>ten minutes with daggers.
This guy's never done Adamantoise.

If you haven't used items by now, now is the time - mainly for infinite MP.

But, you can do it in under 45 minutes easy, aim for the eye, put wait-mode on it makes it easier to aim and target it because he moves up and down a lot. Put enhancement on Ignis and use it every time it runs out. The method is purely using warp-strike with your strongest two-handed weapon. When you're about to run out of MP warp-strike to a warp point, then rinse and repeat.

It takes a while, but this was the best method I made for myself.

>chapter 14
>Talcott talks about Cindy still running the garage at Hammerhead and Cid is doing stuff in Lestallum
>Go to Hammerhead
>Cindy is nowhere to be found
They were just too lazy to make a 10 years older model for her, weren't they? I mean I'm not surprised considering Noct's crew look identical except Iggy has new glasses, Prompto has a goatee and Gladio has a ponytail. I mean they're even wearing the same fucking clothes they had on 10 years before that. Would it have killed Square to give them new clothes for that short sequence?

and now leviathan only helps me kill some level 20 mobs when im near some water

fuck you leviathan

her summon is cool though

Looks like Square keep certain characters just because fans lost their shit after Stella`s removal.

Cor was party member in FF13Versus, but may be he didn`t fit Tabata`s vision of "bros on roadtrip". Probably he was something like mentor to bros.
Now Cor has similiar plot relevance as frog quest giver.

Ravus is completely irrelevant to the plot.
I even don`t understand why Empire didn`t kill him during first attack on Tenebrae. In Versus he had magical powers and it was solid reason to keep him alive. In FFXV he hasn`t any special traits and Niffs could just replace him with new ruler for Tenebrae and take Luna to Gralea without any problems.

And, honestly, Empire was irrelevant too. I don`t see huge difference with Insomnia being destroyed by wild daemons of by Niff Daemons.

youtube.com/watch?v=h08pvGD4kbQ

people are killing this fuck in less than 5 now