Have a bunch of games I wanna play

>have a bunch of games I wanna play
>get excited at the prospect of playing them
>boot up computer
>instantly lose all desire to play and just lurk Sup Forums or browse youtube instead. Same shit happens with other hobbies as well: reading, music, movies. I just don't seem to find joy in doing anything anymore. I don't even like browsing Sup Forums, just do it for the sake of having something to do in my spare time. Am I depressed?

yes

get a hands on hobby. like model building.

>want to play any video game
>go on youtube to check out gameplay
>instantly lose all interest to play it
>browse Sup Forums instead

Sucks man, you'd never see me post on this shit website

>buy Vita with intent of piracy
>Vita arrives and is on 3.60
>throw it in a drawer and let it sit for 2 months

Fuck

If you made that then consider a new hobby

Happens to me some times. I'll come home after lusting after playing skyrim (yeah fucking skyrim) all day I'll get in bed and start playing then get bored in 10 minutes. The next day I could play for 10 hours.
I dunno maybe go get some exercise or meditate instead so you feel like you've earned it.

I sure like gaming on console at least the internet browsing is so shit I feel compelled to play a game when I turn it on please help

Yeah I've started lifting 3-4 times a week. I feel slightly better but still have no desire to play the second I sit down on my computer. Maybe I'll just give myself a long break.

I found a way to get around this curse. I'll play a game for 30 minutes, pause the game, then walk around the house and browse Sup Forums on my ipad for 5 minutes, then get back to playing for another 30 minutes and so on

It's a pretty efficient way for me yo get shit done. I do this when I want to read/watch something too

>yo
*to

this might sound like elitist bullshit.
but i think you should get a dedicated gaming machine aka. console.
you get home, turn on your monitor and console.
and play a cool game for 2-3 hours.
i know how you feel user, sorta kinda.
playing on a PC requires a lot of hand eye coordination, sitting up tight against your desk with the constant temptation of "the internet" making you want to quit the game and just relax while shitposting.

hell, i have a PC capable of playing videogames and i have a hard time playing for more than 30 minutes.
yet on my PS2-PS3-PS4 i can spend the whole afternoon just messing around with a game, not even rushing it just enjoying everything about it.
you should at least give it a try user.

>all i do nowadays is eat, sleep, exercise for an hour, and fap

>have a bunch of games I wanna play
>get excited at the prospect of playing them
>boot up computer
>instantly lose all desire to play and just lurk Sup Forums or browse youtube instead
I replaced this with
>get away from computer
>browse through vidya collection on the shelf.
>take box out and open it
>flip disc into the slot
>take controller
>get comfy on the couch
>enjoy game for hours
It's actually the computer, which makes me depressed. The less I use it, there more I enjoy gaming and my other hobbies.

>buy a game I've been interested in playing
>arrive home, take cellophane wrapping off, put disc in
>pick up controller and have a fun time playing

It's not hard faggot

I actually miss playing on consoles so much but I left mine at my parents' place (who live in another country). Are current gen consoles worth buying?

The Xbox One and PS4 are both great.

>playing on a PC requires a lot of hand eye coordination, sitting up tight against your desk with the constant temptation of "the internet" making you want to quit the game and just relax while shitposting.
This! Internet is bad for games. KB+M is unhealthy and bad for longer gaming sessions.
The biggest distraction is actually vidya facebook itself (aka Steam), which modern computer games force on you.

the "feel" is still the same.
but the catalogue for the PS4 is just horrible right now.
you get some nice stuff like the PS2 on PS4 stuff wich has Ape Escape 2 and Dark Cloud and other really enjoyable games.
you get digital stuff like REmake HD and some other small surprises.
as far as boxed releases go you get Gravity rush, last of us, Ratchet 2016 and a handful of others.

but also you get all the multiplats, wich ´there have been a few good ones of.

2017 is looking nice with FF15,Persona5,Last Guardian, Gravity rush 2, Yakuza Zero and Kiwami, Tekken 7.

PS4 is alright but it's about on par with the PS3 when it comes to games.

that's more of a personal problem you seem to have my friend.
i only have 1 buddy i talk to on steam, otherwise i pretty much ignore everything steam offers.

but what i do is chill in a teamspeak full of real life friends that constantly ask me to play shitty multiplayer games with them... at least i don't get that when i play on a console.

Any input from anyone who isn't a blatant sony-tard?

Same shit desu.
It's partially guilt because I should do something useful I guess. Not that browsing Sup Forums is more useful or anything.

OP here. Don't mind "sonytards" as you put it. Just looking for any advice that might help me break this curse I've had for a good three months now.

that guy was shitting on sony tho

>sony tard
>when i start my post with saying the PS4 has a terrible library of games
whoop dee doo user, you're special.

These people use games a excuse and vehicle for socializing, they are not really interested in video games.
There is distinct difference between activities like
>playing video games
and
>socializing with friends
and video game facebook is only meant for the latter.

>Find possibly interesting game
>Buy game
>download game
>realize it's not pic related and go back to being bored.
>So close yet so far away

Psychologist here, although any psych 101 course will teach you this; what you've done is conditioned yourself. The act of turning on your computer defaults your brain to a desire for posting on here, and by doing it you're reinforcing that this is the "correct" course of action.

You have to just force yourself to just play a video game if you want to play one, and don't waste time online for any reason. Play a game enough and your brain will start to crave that course of action whenever you turn on the computer.

You're probably not depressed, but make sure you talk to someone close if you're having a hard time enjoying life. Also remember that the responsibility to change for the better rests on your shoulders, not theirs.

Literally pomodoro technique. Use it for work too.

i do this during steam sales, and it feels terrible.
also
>get hyped for game
>order on amazon
>get less and less excited during the 2 days shipping period
>unbox and put in the shelf
happens half the fucking time.

Having everything on the same one device is not the smartest choice.
This is why I buy vidya physically in stores. It's much more rewarding than fucking mail-order.

Makes sense I guess. My "deafault" thing to do when I'm on the computer is shitpost on Sup Forums and watch inane youtube videos.

>It's much more rewarding than fucking mail-order.
i believe that.
but
>leavin house
>online is pretty much always cheaper
but i get your point.

I'm currently going through this and I'm seriously considering selling my PC. It's just so fucking distracting. I boot it up, open a game, then some thought, doubt, curiosity or whatever pops in my mind, I alt tab to the browser and there goes the entire afternoon. Yeah, performance is better and blablablabla but it literally doesn't matter and I don't give a fuck about 30 fps when I'm playing with a controller anyway, I only care about the game. The thing is that the PS4's library is pathetic right now so I hardly ever have anything to play on it.

Fuck

>supposed to be taking a quick shower to run out and buy lube for sex
>gf taking nap in hotel bed
>browsing Sup Forums in shower instead
I wish I was joking. This is what my life is now. Addiction to a video game image board.

That's the saddest part for me. Not even addicted to vidya, but addicted to an image board where I read retarded posts by edgy contrarians talking about vidya.

>but
>leavin house
Is something which very effective against depression.
>online is pretty much always cheaper
Where I live it means waiting two days for saving like five bucks. Not worth it. Also I occasionally find cheap gems by browsing through store shelves.
>I'm currently going through this and I'm seriously considering selling my PC. It's just so fucking distracting. I boot it up, open a game, then some thought, doubt, curiosity or whatever pops in my mind, I alt tab to the browser and there goes the entire afternoon.
Yeah, Internet-PC is a hell of a drug.

I feel ya. I probably spend 6 parts Sup Forums to 1 part playing games these days. For the same reasons you're talking about too.

Stop wanking so much. If you wank too much you trick your body into thinking your some kind of alpha god who is so fucking awesome you can get pussay just by clicking your fingers. So your body doesn't think you need to get up and try at anything so it just takes it easy and naps all the time like a fucking well fed housecat.

I smack it at least twice a day and have only been single when I chose to be. Why you retards insist on pushing this nofap crap is beyond me. But I guess any idiot dumb enough to put his cock under the control of internet fuckheads is too stupid to get laid anyway.

I've never heard this theory before and it actually sounds plausible.

>have only been single when I chose to be
I think your body is currently telling you that you are some kind of alpha god because you fap too much even though it's far from the truth

>tfw you nutted and read this 10 seconds later