Is there any possibility of this game being ported to the PS4, even as a digital title?

Is there any possibility of this game being ported to the PS4, even as a digital title?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-director-talks-franchises-legacy-poss/1100-6441636/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

I highly doubt it.

Why?

Why?

Reasons

Not likely. It's publishing rights are a clusterfuck between 3 different companies.

Which reasons?

FROM doesn't want to do any more souls games, but it's up to sony since they own the IP

The rights are split between Sony, From Software and Atlus. Since Namco Bandai is in charge of localizations now, they would have to work out an agreeable deal between the four of them.

So never ever.

But it wouldn't be another Souls game; it would be just a port of an already existent game.

I wish user, I truly do, but the rights are gonna make it a logistical nightmare.

Maybe Sony can find a way. I'm sure they know how much it would make them now that the souls name is popularized.

>The Dark Souls series is Bandai Namco Entertainment's IP, and Demon's Souls and Bloodborne is Sony Interactive Entertainment's IP. Hence, the decision to do a remake or remastering is under their jurisdiction.

>For me and for From Software, I don't think we'll be involved with their happening, but it could happen through another developer.

gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-director-talks-franchises-legacy-poss/1100-6441636/

Eh don't bother, it's been outdone by its successors. When it came out it was great but the weapon and armor selection were quite limited and most archdemons weren't really real boss fights.

forget about it

I don't care in the slightest. Why so many of you discard old game just because "a later game did it better?".

From isn't interest in remakes /HD ports, and they are not very fond of Demons to begin with

It had the best atmosphere of all though, it would be worth the remaster for that alone.

No, Demons Souls is owned 100% by Sony, so if they want to do a remaster/rerelease they have every right to do so

There's also the POWER OF CELL, porting PS3 games is a pain in the ass but I suppose if Sony did it they would be better than anyone else for it.

nope, get a PS3 or get OUT!

No, it had best level design/atmosphere of any Souls game, and World Tendency is still wholly original in the franchise. It is totally worth rereleasing.

I'm not discarding it, I'm just saying that OP shouldn't be too distressed about never getting to play it.
Latria might have been the best level in terms of atmosphere but I think Bloodborne had consistently better atmosphere, and the research hall got really fucking close to Latria in terms of atmosphere.

>just want to play DeS and BB
>no interest in any other console games
why must life be so suffering

Are you retarded? Its not FROM's decision about a Demons remaster/rerelease, the IP is Sony's and not fond of it? Again, are you retarded? It literally set every precedent for a multi million selling franchise, FROM is very fond of it since only with Sony were they able to produce a game of that scale and originaity

>it had best level design
Fuck the entirety of the mines and the swamp shithole. Shrine of Storms, Latria and the Boletarian palace were cool.

>best level design
In raw level design (as in, layout) it's on slightly below BB and DaS3
>atmosphere
Debatable

World Tendency is also half assed

Bloodborne was an incredibly close second for me, and the only other game in the series to have a consistently amazing atmosphere throughout.

What that other user said about tendencies rings true too. It's a shame they abandoned them, but I can understand why with having a connected world and a more present online system.

World tendency's problem was the annoying habit of adjusting your world tendency slightly closer to the average whenever you returned to the Nexus. Just take that out and it's much better. Though keep events that change your tendency to pure white or pure black.

OP's specifically asking for a PORT though, which requires almost no effort to do compared to a remake/remaster, especially if it's for console within one generation of the original game.

It's practically just a matter of slapping it on their online store. My guess is Sony's holding out on putting DeS on there until they need to use it to rake in more PS+ subscribers.

For a single area's atmosphere, Latria beats out every other level in a souls game hands down. In terms of a consistent atmosphere, for what was there in total in the game, I'd see it was only in competition from BB.

It was a shame that the number one piece of advice for NG was "Play offline", otherwise you could miss a lot of gear/spells. As you said, if they could make tendency local rather than erring towards a global average, it would be perfect.

I bought a PS4 uniquely and exclusively for Bloodborne.
It was worth every single penny. And in the bright side Nioh and Ace Combat 7 are coming.

Just because something has a more limited scope doesn't mean its inferior. The game has just the right amount of variety, not too sparse and not too much clutter.

>Bossfights
lmao

Very likely.

A port for a newer system is literally called a remaster.

> requires almost no effort to do compared to a remake/remaster
Except for the fact that DeS was made to run with the ps3's weird ass architecture, it would be a total pain to just simply port it to x86

Just play the PS3 version. Bloodborne is better in every way. anyways.

If it comes, it won't be before 2019 (10 year anniversary).

PS3's cost like $80 now just buy one with DeS. There are enough exclusives to earn value.

It already is. [Japanese Only]

YAMEROOOOOOOOOO