Nintendo started taking down fan projects because of PETA

www.ign.com/articles/2016/12/21/Nintendo-reveals-new-policy-towards-use-of-properties

"Our new focus on expanding our IP to new avenues has forced us to reevaluate our policies towards fan projects and parodies. We wish to distance use of our characters from politically motivated organizations without our proper approval."

This move, Nintendo confirmed, was done specifically because of PETA's attempts at using their characters in 'fair use' fan games and has recently been expanded even further to take down YouTube videos and fan games that Nintendo may harm their branding. Including YouTube videos and fan games.

"We are experimenting on how best to deal with online streaming and fan made content. We therefore have no reason to allow for profit projects like Another Metroid 2 Remake to see a release or YouTube channels like The Bit Block to be allowed to cover our content."

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/2016/9/2/12770344/nintendo-slaps-metroid-2-remake-and-500-plus-fangames-with-takedown-orders
youtube.com/watch?v=A_sPOoxOOvs&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Holy shit. PETA?

Those fucks:

Fuck PETA.

Aren't they a little late for that?

>PETA killed AM2R
>They killed Nintendo YouTubers
>They killed the sequel to Pokemon Brown.

FUCK THEM.

PETA still relevant?

Anyways, Nintendo has always hated their own fans and fan content of ANY KIND.

true, but people hate PETA more.

>profit projects like AM2R

Wut? Wasn't this free?

www.ign.com/articles/2016/12/21/New-study-reveals-95-percent-of-anons-dont-check-links-before-commenting

>for profit projects
>Another Metroid 2 Remake
in what way?

I've always hated PETA. Also, I'm not a fan of Nintendo.

>PETA still relevant?
No, but they still commit terrorist acts all the time anyway

dude is this real

Twitch Played Pokemon played ads on a stream.

That's enough to qualify it as a 'for profit' project.

All those YouTube videos you saw shilling the game were a big reason as to why it was taken down in the first place.

Not real, but hey. Any excuse to bash PETA.

>It's an "OP posts a fake article link" episode
I hate these episodes.

>nintendo doesn't get fanhacks and things like this is free publicity

Oh well. In their hipocrisy they will probably take out ideas from fangames to their games to make profit. Sun and Moon's idea for latin america theme was already something from a fanhack

You idiots really need to click before you comment.

lmaoing @ ur life if you actually got baited by this

>nintendo took down pokemon prism
Damn... Well with them removing the metroid fan game from the VGA's it don't surprise me anymore

Sun and Moon have a tropical theme though

Come on and fuck PETA

I doubt peta has anything to do with it polygon.com/2016/9/2/12770344/nintendo-slaps-metroid-2-remake-and-500-plus-fangames-with-takedown-orders

Who gives a shit, FUCK PETA

That Black and Blue game had good music at least.

youtube.com/watch?v=A_sPOoxOOvs&t

I realize the link is fake, but it's pretty funny to see Nintendofags go from "Nintendo has every right to do this! DOWN WITH ALL THOSE SHITTY FANGAMES!" to "Fuck PETA! They made based Nintendo take down our awesome fangames!"

>Giving IGN views

>This one fangame used the real world as reference so if Nintendo uses the same thing as reference then they are taking it from a fangame
Sure, whatever you say.
Sun and Moon didn't even use Latin America as a theme.

Well neither one of those would be wrong minus the shitty part.

>forced us
no it didn't

I've seen people pull out the old "Well those games were shit anyway, so I'm glad Nintendo took them down"