Let's have a quality Doom thread

Let's have a quality Doom thread.

Doom 2 > Doom 1. That's just my opinion though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PS6SBnccxMA
youtube.com/watch?v=CUDF2K2TvjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I respect your opinion, mate.

But I prefer Doom 1 > Doom 2.
Just because the Cityscape levels of Doom 2 are just so badly made.

Oh god, they really are shitty levels. But all the other levels are very well-made and you can tell they had fun with stuff like Barrels O' Fun. Plus super shotgun, and the new enemies are dope, sans chaingunners

I am watching that Id Software documentary right now

youtube.com/watch?v=PS6SBnccxMA

Doom 2 is Doom 1.5 anyway

verily.
I watched all of that. Pretty good. Still not good enough for me to get Doom 4 though. Something about that game doesn't sit right with me.

nuDOOM>>>>>>>>>> DOOM1/2

Too early in the thread for baitposting, lad

Not a argument

the city levels are the best levels when you play the game WASD with mouselook

Nigga wtf. The city levels are horribly designed. I actually no-clipped to the exit on Suburbs because I was done with how fucking shitty and confusing the map layout was. It's not a good level if I spent 15-20 minutes trying to find the exit.

Not to say they look like shit.

are you fucking kidding me? Suburbs is literally my favorite level in all of doom 1 and doom 2

Doom 1 is more consistent in term of level designs

Speaking of that, is there a mod where you can simply add SSG to Doom 1?

How can you enjoy that atrocity of a level. Of Doom 1 and 2, it's the only map I didn't like.

What do people think of The Chasm?
youtube.com/watch?v=CUDF2K2TvjI

Eh. I got Doom 2016 on sale for PC and was pleasantly surprised at how good a Doom game it was for a modern game.

Shit, I'm thinking of a different map. The one I was thinking of was Downtown. I like Suburbs a lot.

I really liked fighting the arch vile and all the hundreds of imps who teleport out of that room at the beginning, and fighting another arch vile plus 1000 newly spawning enemies when you pick up the key from atop the little island in the toxic waste. There was a lot of open space so you could lead the enemies into eachother so that half of them just are infighting while you circlestrafe and try to take on the rest. It was pure chaos, and the arch vile was always around being a dick with his flames and resurrecting enemies.

Also the music was pretty sweet. that's not even all, but I'm done typing

yeah Downtown was kind of meh. Talking shit about Suburbs is blasphemy though

Anyone else playing dump 3 with the weapon pack?

The super shotty is pretty sweet, but honesty I enjoyed doom1 more.
It just flowed better.

Also as has been mentioned, the city levels are pure cancer.

>not a crt

>try to play crispy doom
>get motion sickness
fuck me, I'm so casual now that games at low resolution literally make me ill

Doom 1 has better levels.

Doom 2 is the (obvious) way to play any other custom .wads unless someone is doing a homage to E1 style techbases in which case I prefer not having access to the super shotgun for the full effect.

This is just my opinion but it's pretty much a fact.

Quake 2 > any DOOM

Why does Sup Forums dislike brutal doom? Is it too fun?

It's a fun entirely optional mod made for free.

Of course people would get butthurt about it.

A lot of it is due to the creator being an ass from what I have seen.

I liked No Rest for the Living up until Vivisection.

this, doom 2 was better

It introduced a bunch of faggots to the community that now whine whenever another wad isn't compatible with it.

i dislike because
reloading
animations
gore is way too much for me

Thank you for having a reasonable opinion.

There will be some design decisions that some may not like with the actual mod, but it's mostly attributed to the kind of people surrounding it. Like mentions, you get people who think it's some kind of kraut space magic that should be loaded with everything flawlessly and get pissy when it's doesn't.

Also
>0.I

Quake II>>>>>>>Doom 1/2

Doom 1 is the better game balance and level wise. Doom 2 is better overall because most mods are build around it.

I really like Doom, but I have trouble actually playing the first two to completion.
I grew up with C&C, my mother was not exactly fond of that what with the squishing infantry and setting them on fire and the screaming, all that good jazz. But she tolerated it, but something like Doom was totally out of the question.

My first Doom game was Doom N64 when I was a teenager. Found it at a yard sale and had just found my old N64 from when I was a kid.
Played like ass on the N64 controller, ended up just getting it on my laptop when I found out it got a PC port and mouselook was SO much better.
Then I went back to Doom 1 and 2, but like, the later levels I just don't like them very much. I've never beaten either one because of it.

Oh and I have an actual PC now because fuck laptops.
I love Doom 4 and Doom N64, I don't really like Plutonia at all to be honest.

Plutonia sucks, frankly. The difficulty curve is stupid. Playing 1 and 2 is enough. And the later levels in Doom 1/2 are a change, but I find Doom 1's later levels to still be very solid. Doom 2's...not really.

>later levels I just don't like them very much
same

I could probably get through 1 if I wanted to but I just don't feel that much desire to finish it. I'd rather just replay Doom 64 if I wanted to play Doom classic. It feels much better designed and less dodgy and confusing as a whole. I appreciate that Doom isn't just corridors and killing floors like 4, but taking a wrong turn or missing a tiny pixel switch does slow down the game so hard.

Doom3 (the remake) is the best implementation of the actual Doom lore. It has also the best hell not only of the entire series, but of all video games.