Say a good thing about the last guardian

Say a good thing about the last guardian

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u4KkTvnf8i0
youtube.com/watch?v=H2nlJOuTtls&list=PL51-dx-CgzyYVbnbOhPjkuCioYNfxKOC9&index=17
youtube.com/watch?v=miDaPE3XtcI
youtube.com/watch?v=ekwVchZXtkc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was released

Better then Nintendo has or ever will make.

It left development hell.

Its a great game

Doggobird is cute as hell.

The ending was beautiful as fuck and made me cry

its the best game of 2016

I really want to hug the dogbirdrat.

It remimds me of my doggo

>Sup Forums suddenly likes The Last Guardian

What happened?

fuck you trico

why are you so surprised people like a good game?

It looks good and plays good when it works.

When it works.

It was sad when the kid or dog died at the end.

It didn't

There was a patch today did it do anything noteworthy?

I'm so busy with other games, by the time I get around to grabbing it, it'll probably be really cheap.

If either of them died you would have seen hundreds of LMAO THE DOG/KID DIED threads all over Sup Forums

>Sup Forums isn't negative for a day
Why is this a bad thing?

its amazinf

The vore gave me a boner.

GODDAMNIT! I hope this thing doesn't become popular around furry degenerates

too late

It's at least the best game that came out in 2016.

I saw people making threads about the kid dying before it was out, I had a feeling it was bullshit but I was

Still angry*

the dog is cute

I didn't like it at first. took a week long break from it. Came back and beat it in a couple of days. Once i figured out how the dog worked and was able to immerse myself I was floored.

Great nonconvential game puzzles too. Ending made me cry for a good 10 minutes. So fucking beautiful.

There will never be another game to come close. What a swan song, Ueda.

This is loss

I haven't played it.

but I'm excited to play it

Its Sony circle jerk thread. They infest the place now.

>The vore gave me a boner.
>vore

fuck I hate vore in media, I can't handle it especially when it's not sexual makes me uneasy

Really fun game. The worst is when you go under corridors with trico and the camera decides it wants to not like you anymore.

This! I'm so fucking tired of these sonyggers, man.
PC masterrace owns Sup Forums.

Post it

Who built all those towers and shit? I mean the tricos were controlled by that green core but there was no people only those living-armors

it has so much atmosphere that it pulls anything towards it regardless of quality.

I like the game. I'm sorry

Its the last time its gonna be released.

My GOTY 2016.

First game I've given a shit about in years. Going to be replaying it yearly, at least.

Approaching Trico like a living, breathing, animal from the start helps a lot. You need to pay attention to him, be patient with him, pet him, and understand he won't react right away. You need to learn how he communicates with you too (he calls for your attention, he warns you about danger, he guides you.) The more you care for him too, the more he cares about you.

I've seen people get impatient with Trico for not performing an action IMMEDIATELY after being commanded. I found just asking something of him, or even walking him near something, and giving him a second usually elicited the response I wanted. Trying to rush won't work.

To add, speeding up the camera in the options helps a lot.

Doesn't stop it from being shit in some spots.

it took so long to be released that I wasn't hyped for the release anymore and thus not as dissapointed

Ultra rare. 0.1 percent.

The Trico AI relies on whether or not the object your are pointing to is inside the screen, it seems.
You can test this by pointing at an object above you while the object is on-screen, or not on-screen. This is the secret. Once you know this the game plays almost flawlessly. When you climb a tower in the game, you can chain Trico to auto climb it by telling him to go forward and putting the object you are aiming to at center of the screen, then do it again for the next object, and repeat. You can make him climb the whole thing with just one command.

Its like the AI uses the game screen as a camera? Is this cheating?

It plays like an old platformer. Which I guess is a negative if you started playing last gen or something.

>nobody mentions the godly level soundtrack that outshines Ico and SotC by a trillion lightyears

At least it stops at ps4

youtube.com/watch?v=u4KkTvnf8i0

>when this fades in

I know this is stupid, but I really hope this game doesn't get forgotten. It's such a special game at least to me, and I hope that some areas of the internet will feel the same way for the upcoming years.

trico has a nice butthole

I liked the feather physics and stuff on the bird monster.

For me this one is better, specially after all the hard moments during the last part of the game

youtube.com/watch?v=H2nlJOuTtls&list=PL51-dx-CgzyYVbnbOhPjkuCioYNfxKOC9&index=17

I don't have to buy it because I know it's shit

I feel like its a game that gets a lot better with the ending, the ending is perfect for a journey like this since it leaves you with a feel of accomplishment and that the journey was worth it even if it still made you sad because it wasn't the happiest of endings but both Trico and the boy got their own happy endings i guess

That wasn't what this thread was about.

I absolutely love this one, when you first see this giant beast fight these little boney soldiers with their stone armor, ripping them apart while it screams at them furiously and this music starts playing it just creates this fucking glorious moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=miDaPE3XtcI

>I really hope this game doesn't get forgotten.
It's already forgotten. Any discussion of it now starts and ends with "not as good as SotC".

It could have been worse.

After almost ten playthroughs you learn to piece together the story.

>The reason the mirror was only half buried was because it served as a tomb stone, as the village elder said he doubted it had long to live

>Time and time again Trico was not simply following the boy, rather he was following the scent of the evil red-eyed Trico, the Last Guardian, after Trico lost the mask and was freed, looking for a mate.
You can test this as Trico keeps sniffing at things in the nest, and especially in the lair lair after the pool segment. And from the number of times we ended up in places located near it's lair.

>Red-eyed Trico came back to attack Trico because it knew Trico had been to its nest.

>tfw you weren't the only one

My guess is that the Master of the valley was once human since he had a tomb where you get the shield at the start and if he was human or another humanoid race then theres a high possibility that there was a civilization in the valley before

I guess he didnt wanted to die and found a way to peserve his mind and live through ages, but i wonder what his motivation was to go that way and enslave wild Tricos to do its biding

i love sitting on its back while it jumps from place to place

really feels like youre on some big creatures back

I was astonished to hear there was any hatred for it because when I played it, everything worked perfectly and it was the most sublime experience I've ever had with a game to the point I've not been able to get it out of my head since it came out.

just another life lesson on not paying attention to what the common person is saying, as they are mostly garbage people with garbage minds

its not a masterpiece but it was great and its what we need more of in the industry

I got the impression that the master was just some automated system that whoever lived in the valley before forgot to turn off before they left.
When you enter its room it attacks you based on proximity, then after you leave it activates its radio but it felt more like a routine recall signal than an "return to base, I'm under attack" signal since its activated after you leave and the other Tricos don't really start attacking until they notice the boy and that his Trico isn't mind controlled.

It ended.

I hate that this kind of posting gets construed as sonygger bias.

Bunch of plebs that've never been touched by an Ueda game.

I wonder if all the mind controlled Tricos died after the core exploding, the fall wouldnt kill them because Trico was able to survive that fall after getting struck by a lightning bolt

Maybe the master was human. Pic related.

Did you guys know that falling into the pools inside the Master's room will negate the rune damage you obtain when it hits you? The same water is in the tomb where the mirror was obtained.

>Did you guys know that falling into the pools inside the Master's room will negate the rune damage you obtain when it hits you?
Huh, interesting.

>The more you care for him too, the more he cares about you.

And the more the ending hurts

I haven't played it

>tfw learning to git gud in TLG is learning to read Trico's audible and visual cues and better direct him
>mfw literally everyone complaining about his ai simply needs to git gud

The world and architecture was simply breathtaking, and the star of the show to me.

>tfw no game will ever have as amazing architecture as a Ueda game

It really does kind of ruin so many other games when Ico, SotC, and TLG all have such phenomenal world design and atmosphere. There truly isn't anything else like any of them, especially TLG. More designers should take inspiration from how his games are designed, a whole lot of the aesthetic stems from early surrealist paintings, especially de Chirico, whose style Ueda himself painted the cover of Ico in.

After finishing this game i dont feel like playing another one for a while, i just want to remember the story for a while now that i have a fresh memory of it before getting to another game, ill probably wait for Gravity Rush 2 before playing another single player game

it was the last game I actually wanted to play... on the ps3

It is a Good Game

Kek

>mfw I am almost at the end but I don't have the courage to finish it because I know I'll cry like a baby

goat simulator for console

That ending made me all soft inside

Revolutionary AI in video games

>inb4 but sometimes it's janky!

It's still the most realistic AI companion ever created

Whoa now, I like the soundtrack
but it's no Kow Otani score, nor does it have anything on the emotional level as You Were There.

I was extremely disappointed with the soundtrack for Last Guardian desu. They replaced the sometimes esoteric, experimental approach on the more subtle music with just piano strings playing some chords and a bit of woodwind or brass over it, or Piano with really mellow production. It really was a run of the mill soundtrack. It didn't stick with me, it doesn't enhance the atmosphere for me. The only good track i can think of on this OST is the one with the child choir at the end and in the E3 2016 trailer, but the other stuff just sounds boring to me.

The one good theme is when Trico comes to shit on the living armors. The rest is serviceable actually. So many wannabe movie tracks that could have been used elsewhere without feeling odd.
Especially
Which is basically "learning to fly the song". Could be used in movies about planes or things like "How to train your dragon".

The whole game is about the relationship with the dog, the whole setting was sadly completely serviceable. And there are too many elements that felt manipulative to me. It's easy to hit the feels when a movie/game is shooting spears on an animal with dramatic music, but it's artificial as hell.

I expected something way more subtle actually.

The esthetics are good, but the whole architecture is nonsensical. Ruins or not, the whole lay out of the upper levels makes absolutely no sense and couldn't be used by humans/bipedal beings. That's an issue that SotC had not.

this desu. It was just a bunch of 1000 feet tall towers isolated from each other, with gates but no bridges or means for anyone to reach between the different structures except if you could fly. It was pretty nonsensical

What surprised me most about the game was the ways it took to progress. I was always like "how the fuck are you gonna make it there from here" and as you get closer you see those little paths that are almost seamlessly put into the environment, namely that one part with the eye glass hanging above the ground for the first time where you climb up the ropes it hangs on for the first time and then even platform on the thing itself and slip through the holes in it.

bump

Spoiled ending (and ending puzzle) for myself by accident like a retard, so no longer have any desire to play this.

got me into boku no piko

retard

That is like your own tastes man

two different people

and no, on a compositional and timbre level the soundtrack really is unremarkable. it's just "string music", as dumbed down as i may sound.

This game could've used something more akin to the Ico soundtrack.

I loved this game but I can understand all the shit it gets.

fuck I'm tearing up again

I think for most people the OST was good, it had good tracks that hit right in the feels

It was this that got the tears rolling right at the very end, as the camera flew through the clouds

youtube.com/watch?v=ekwVchZXtkc

Ending track is best track. Game's music feels LotR-esque. Maybe its the london orchestra.