Why are smash players such bitches?

Why are smash players such bitches?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HLkWcHcY7FQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that controller is literally cheating.

why would dpad be diamond shape but not stick? i dont understand hitbox fags.

>digital buttons for an analogue game

?????????????????????????????

B-but muh hand injuries.

Because they hate the idea of change, this coming from someone who goes to play Melee every weekend with 30 other people. Smashbox would not offer a huge edge like people think. People already do retarded tech skill on a GC controller.

>People still thinking the smashbox does anything other than mapping the GC controller to a bunch of arcade buttons
I like competitive Smash but most smash players are retarded and don't play other fighting games.

Go and play any other fightan game and you'll find people using pads, sticks, hitboxes, what the fuck ever, etc. without issue. Only the Smash community would be so averse to change.

That is fixed with digital to digital. And no one cares about the cstick being digital since theres no advantage there.
The entire debacle is because of the control stick being mapped to digital.

>WAAH IF YOU DONT PLAY BRAWL ON THE WIIMOTE YOU'RE CHEATING

No you are the retard. Your post is embarrassing.
Fighting games for the most part dont have analog inputs. I say for the most part but I cant think of one that does other than smash games.
Mapping the directions of a stick which is just 4 digital inputs to 4 digital buttons is reasonable.
Mapping an analog input with over 300 inputs and very small windows for techniques to 8 buttons giving you the good angles from those is unfair.

>Smash babies ban Hitbox
>FGC embraces Hitbox

Really makes me think

But carving up your controller to get the good angles is totally fair.

Yeah okay.

>Mapping an analog input with over 300 inputs
lel
>giving you the good angles from those is unfair
People already mod their controllers to give them good angles.

>The entire debacle is because of the control stick being mapped to digital.
What's the problem?

>having less inputs and less control is unfair

You still have to move your thumb through the analog neutral position to the angle. Which requires precision to get in the general angle and then you have to slide to the notch. If you do that slowly you wont get the input you want. If you do that during certain animations you wont get the input you want. It requires control and precision. Pressing a button does not.
>turbo buttons are fair because they are less inputs and less control
No

I don't think you actually understand how the smashbox works.

Because you are mapping analog input to digital inputs. Thats not the same as mapping digital inputs to digital inputs.

Same reason Pac-mains exist. Fucking cancer of a character that ruins Smash 4 with their annoying ass fruit spam and hydrants.

Bunch of whores that need to learn a character that requires skill.

I really don't see how.

In fact just looking at it terrifies me to even touch one

Who would actually use a turbo button when you need to be precise with your inputs?

>turbo
>less inputs
>less control
Fucking lmao bro.

I understand exactly how it works. I have taken apart and fixed the gc controllers pcb many times.

"Analog" sticks on modern controllers are almost universally digital sticks. They're not really analog.

Yeah thats why turbo buttons are fair right

because of small penises and mental issues

No every consoles official controller uses analog inputs. They all use the same scheme. Two potentiometers to give a range of x and y inputs and a stick between two rails to control them.
The hitbox is not for everyone. But in fighting games there is no difference in difficulty to perform moves with a stick or a hitbox. Furthermore the smashbox allows for not only techniques that are impossible for all but 2 people to do 1/200 times to be done with a click of a button, it allows for techniques literally impossible for humans on a gc controller.

Please stop posting pictures of that thing.

No it isn't. In no other fighting game series is choosing your own kind of controller (that doesn't have turbo functions) considered a bad thing.

>But in fighting games there is no difference in difficulty to perform moves with a stick or a hitbox
Look at this shit who doesn't know what he's talking about.

How would you do a tilt attack with a button?

>being surprised that developmentally retarded people clinging to an ancient game would be against moving forward

I just wonder why HitBox would even waste time and money trying to do a product for these idiots.

Well see that's what Im not getting is HOW, exactly?

Thats a nice way to say you dont have an argument.
The inputs in other fighting games are all digital. You either have never played smash or you are ignorant.

I have played Smash and I'm not ignorant.

The biggest offense is smash di in melee. The theorized human limit of moving the analog stick to get the inputs is 2 sdi inputs in 5 frames. On a smashbox testers have gotten 3 sdi inputs in 3 frames. There are many other offenses.

When the original HitBox came out, people complained about it being unfair too.

Unlike this, though, they had a point, since the HitBox allowed you to block in both directions at once.

The real answer is that smash players are fucking stupid. Not autistic, but actually dumb.

>Ive never played smash before
If that were true you would understand the difference between how fighting games use 8 direction digital inputs, and smash uses analog inputs.

What's bad about players being able to perform hard tech-skill more often?

I do understand that. Why are you saying that I don't?

>Thats a nice way to say you dont have an argument.
youtube.com/watch?v=HLkWcHcY7FQ

Do this on a stick or a pad consistently. I fucking dare you.

If you think Hit Box doesn't change the difficulty of inputs you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

I did. I used to play melee money matches back in 2007. I now play regular fighting games. I can say, without a doubt, that smash players are actually fucking stupid.

Theres hard and theres impossible. Not the same.

What's bad about players being able to perform hard tech-skill more often?

Nothing. Melee players just see the flaws of everything in Melee (including the means of input, apparently) as too sacred to change.

I dont have to. Other people have.

>since the HitBox allowed you to block in both directions at once.
No it didn't, fucking every controller on earth could do that in MvC3 because MvC3 was coded poorly.

this 2bh

I bet playing smash on anything other than a stock gamecube pad is cheating to you. Enjoy watching your game get swallowed by time.

You mean the difference between players never being able to execute techniques unless they have a smashbox because its impossible otherwise.

What's bad about elevating melee tech-skill to a higher level?

not him but
>I need a better controller to play the game at its best.
No shit.

I dont care what you play on as long as you arent mapping analog to digital.

Good. Fighting Games will truly flourish when the battles are entirely on game-knowledge, reaction time, predictions, baiting, reading, etc., and the bar of execution is as close to non-existent as possible.

Quality game you have right there. It's not like having a hitbox would allow you to perform walking boom in sf.

One other person on earth has. Doesn't change the fact that it makes it way easier to do and makes this input realistically possible for most people.

high functioning autism

The controller is unfair in the current community. Any unfair controller should be banned.

The drama about this thing perfectly illustrates why Smash players aren't taken seriously in the FGC.

But then again, the whole idea of "competitive" smash is already established by severly handicapping a party game. So I'm not surprised those autists handicap themselves even further by disallowing proper input methods.

You do realize that it takes a shitload of practice to even be able to do that on a Hit Box, right?

Practice anything enough and you'll get good at it.

It's not banned. It's legal until proven ridiculously aiding I guess

>severely handicapping a party game
>handicapping
FGC players don't have to deal with RNG.

There are many offenses the smashbox makes. The most unforgivable one is sdi SDI breaks combos. Other techniques like pivot moves also become possible.

No its banned by most TOs. Its not banned at genesis specifically because the made the rules before it was a thing for that tourney and felt it was unfair to go back and change them.

You do realize that it's almost physically fucking impossible to reliably skip diagonal inputs on stick right? And that because of the button layout along with extra input techniques that you can only do on buttons it becomes infinitely more accessible right? I never said it was easy mode I said it's borderline fucking impossible to do on stick because it is.

I'm really tempted to buy a ps4 hitbox controller. I'm not a fan of using a stick to move and do inputs.

biuytt

You just have to do a combination of a button and a direction in addition to "A" , obviously

Also, as a shit tier competitive melee player, I get people's problem with hitbox but I support it if not just to save m2k's hands. Also melee is the only one in the series worth investing time in.

Does the autism of smash players know no bounds

You can execute everything in fighting games with any controller. Not the same.

Why not just make it legal and enjoy a factually superior level of play after all those years doing the same old tired shit?

>huurr durrr autism haha
have something to actually say or fuck off.

The answer is literally autism
They can't deal with change and this thing introducing the ability for new tech is making them reeee

>d-dont make fun of me, someone make the mean man go away

I'm both surprised and not surprised by the aversion to the smashbox because Melee players would be willing to spend considerable money to stay in the game, yet they are also resistant to change in general (no, not just with the questionable changes in the official series, but considering some of them were legitimately happy when PM went down).

Because you use the analog buttons WASD style with your thumb on the dpad. The dpad on the Smashbox doesnt correspond to the GC dpad, they're modifier buttons to get differ stick angles.

Accessibility, paywall, etc. Melee isnt perfectly balanced. Many game breaking techniques are impossible to execute as it is now.

This argument can be made for macros and turbos. Thats how shit your opinion is.

if you're going to call a group of people autistic, at least make a reason why.
your post was completely useless and made you look autistic.

I know Sup Forums is Sup Forums but for a topic like this it would be really good if we can stop blaming autism for everything and actually have points to consider.

Yeah, or what this user said.

Melee players want a successor to their game. But PM was not it. PM is a poorly designed mod competitively speaking. Yet PM fags kept saying their shitty mod was better. Thats why melee fags hate them. Brawl and Sm4sh are not proper successors to Melee.

Cause some people have invested years or even a decade in learning to do complicated techniques with a specific controller. It's not like it's impossible to use a fight stick with melee, it just has been explicitly banned from the competitive scene. Hitbox shills just want to pretend like it's an ingenious invention that nobody ever conceived of before.

It's like you have a low cc bike race and suddenly more powerful bikes are allowed.

Why shouldn't we change the current community if it meant a higher skill level across the board and more enjoyable melee to watch?

>misuse of autistic
Poor form smash autist, and the reasoning for calling you an autist is evident in this thread due to your extreme resistance to change, you've illustrated that quite well

some of the most mechanically difficult fighting games have been mastered and dominated by players using absolutely garbage controllers. whatever slight advantage a hit box may give can easily be matched by a skilled player on a controller. to claim otherwise is just blaming an input device on your own lack of skill.

The analogy going around the smash community is to the regulations race car driving.

>PM is a poorly designed mod competitively speaking.
>It has more viable characters than Melee with RELATIVELY little change to the high tier Melee characters
>It has custom controls
>It has more decent stages

It seems like itd be easier not to fuck up tap jump/uptilts with this controller giving an advantage to people who use this stick over the og controller
Idk thats the only thing i could think of

basically hereSkill is a factor.

Also Melee players don't even want the possible eshopversion to be the PAL version. I'm pretty sure there's more to it than you make it to be.

This is the same PM fag poor logic. The game is poorly designed and gimmicky. It has no understanding or respect for spacing techniques. Every good character is far more broken than fox was in melee. Every character being broken is not a good game desing.

They just wanna sell it. They literally don't give a fuck how it affects the community if it gets unbanned

PM sucks dick though and instead of just fixing a few bugs and adding things that would allow tech to emerge from (Brawl + Wavedash mechanics - tripping) they decided everyone needed some stupid fucking gimmick. It's just a broken piece of shit unfortunately.

>Melee players want a true successor to their game

This so much. Nervously awaiting Melee HD

i mean
obviously not

the word autism gets thrown around lightly these days, but tune into the top 16 of any major smash tournament on twitch and you wind up watching christian weston chandler vs the rain man while you wait to see which one will have an emotional breakdown first.

Hotbox is goat m8.

It's like having a kb+m going up against a padfag in a shooter.

>you've illustrated that quite well
totally because totally isn't my only post on this thread!
lurk more you dumb bitch.

Yeah that's better than my half baked analogy

PAL is not a successor, It fundamentally changes a lot of aspects of the meta. Right now the meta is based on NTSC because thats what is released in the US. The meta for PAL is different.

>hurr durr
>macros and turbos are the same as using the hitbox
>herp derp

>Melee players want a successor to their game.
I'm starting to believe the overwhelming majority really don't, despite whatever they're saying. Melee players make the tea party looks like liberals.

yes, removing skill from making precise inputs is similar to the hitbox.