Valkyria Azure Revolution demo is up on JP PSN

Valkyria Azure Revolution demo is up on JP PSN.

Can't say I like it, even if you try to judge it on it's own without comparing it to Valkyria Chronicles.
It's like a really boring action game except you have to wait for your ATB meter to fill between attacks making it super slow.
And the constant fucking loading screens, like some characters sitting around talking to each other requires 3 loading screens.

The reception of the betas in Japan have been really poor.
Can't see this one doing anything better outside Japan, especially since 95% of western fans are mostly familiar with VC1.
Sega better rush to get a simultaneous release on steam with this, word of mouth is going to have exactly opposite effect as it had on VC1 steam release.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dqUkPfEvP40
youtu.be/gw1PEGJfzE4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In VC you could sort of debate what each country and region was supposed to be but in this one it's pretty much just WW1 Europe.

>Habstrian Empire
>Slavia, capital Bevgrade
>Croate, capital Zagre

>yfw you control Turkey.

Apparently the designers wanted to imagine a world without wheels, so instead of tanks you get this giraffe mech.

the fuck
Is it even set in the same world as VC?

Demo ends with the evil emperor talking to this "mysterious" woman in a grim reaper outfit.
I will be totally shocked when she takes that off and is revealed to be the Selvaria imitation.

It's AU

Not at all.

No joke, in an interview the lead designers felt the reason Valkyria Chronicles wasn't successful was because it's depictions of guns, tanks and war was "too realistic" so they did this game more fantasy.

Into the trash it goes

This picture always makes me mad. All they had to do was to make the sequel similar to the first game.

Some of your wacky squad mates.

Apparently fingerless gloves and trench coats are part of the uniform, just need a fedora and the kit is complete.

Sad since Sega even got cutie girls on youtube to talk about this.

Are pajamas also a part of the uniform?

I bought VC Remaster on PS4 so I got the japanese demos too.

The first one was really bad but I thought it was really fun when I played the 2nd demo they released.

I actually enjoyed a the combat, it feels very much like the VC system but a step in a more actiony direction. Love the amount of stuff you can do, throw various sorts of magic, granades, and each character has their own melee combos.

>it's now generic jrpg scifi

bravo

What the fuck is Milla Maxwell doing in Valkyria?

hot damn, I want to feel up Anisette so bad

>in an interview the lead designers felt the reason Valkyria Chronicles wasn't successful was because it's depictions of guns, tanks and war was "too realistic" so they did this game more fantasy.

They're even more retarded than I thought.

for fuck's sake, japs are fucking retarded

>Make a perfectly good original IP
>Then shit in the bed for several years

Japanese devs. Not even once.

>Take thing in a radically different direction to try and attract new audience.
>The "new audience" doesn't give a shit about it.
>The old fanbase you had is now fucking pissed.

Will anyone ever learn?

Not these guys, they added multiplayer to VC2 last minute because they wanted the monster hunter audience.

2 was better than 1 and 3 was better than 2.

>2 was better than 1
opinion discarded

lol no

It might actually do better in the west because that's where VC did better in the first place.

It's just Japan being Japan. Their idea of good visual design is to over accessorize everything to make it look unique.

>dat feel when Ludger's design was almost dropped because one dev thought he "looked too much like a background NPC"

FAKU

Wasn't the game going through some major reworks?

>Those character portraits

No sorry xenoblade is still the worst,not even shitposting

>muh potato hate
I thought we are over it, Sup Forums

>Valkyria Chronicles wasn't successful
I don't believe this.

VC1 was successful as fuck. It instantly became a classic.

What fucking destroyed the series was them cheapening out and going for PSP only release.

That was stupid as fucking retarded shitty ass hell.

Reminder if you dodge roll after an attack your atb gauge will reset automatically

It didn't do that hot in Japan, hence the switch to PSP for sequels in order to get the native audience. Shame SEGA conveniently forgot VC1 did really well all things considered in the west.

They changed to PSP for sequels and sold much more shittier. It's their fucking fault.

how can devs be so disconnected from their customers?

the team must've changed drastically or something, I refuse that they just went 180 on their fans for shits and giggles

Can someone sell me on the battle system.

I've watched a battle before against "Brunhild", and it didn't look exciting at all. In fact, the whole let's say, 10-minute fight had around 8 minutes getting paused because you had to select on the menu.

This is what I'm talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=dqUkPfEvP40

This actually does not look good to me.

I barely even saw her attacks because of a lot of pausing.

Half of the original team probably left and the lead directors were grilled by the publisher about sales.

It's not pushed as Valkyria Chronicles sequel. If anything it looks Xeno situation where they're just putting the part you're going to recognize to boost sales.

This is strangely what I wanted FFXVs combat to be like

>Selvaria imitation
Doesn't the game already have one?

The biggest problem is that the Japs thought that the game's main appeal were cute animu girls. It is with that assumption in mind that they made VC 2 and VC 3. The thought that people enjoyed the bigger focus on war, the soldiers stories and personalities and the strategy did not even occur to them.

I actually really like the gameplay. Not a big fan of 9322848824 cutscenes intercutting the action though.

It's a modern JRPG with budget. Of course it has cutscenes out the ass.

Wait a minute, those breasts...

I wouldn't mind so much if there was a "skip them all at once to get back to the menus" instead of SKIP load SKIP load SKIP load SKIP. I mean I'll probably watch the cutscenes when it comes out but damn.

Would you prefer something like this?

youtu.be/gw1PEGJfzE4

No.

And I'm actually not trolling. I did not like the boss battle that I linked. Too many stops, the boss just moving about, like nothing. It's bad from what I've seen.

How is this not a musou game?

They both look like shit. This game looks like pure trash

I'm not disagreeing with you.

I actually wanna know why they went with this.

It makes no utter sense.

Boss battles in VC1 were a whole lot better.

Man, you weren't kidding with the shitload of pausing.

We barely get to see what Not-Selvaria can do.

That's what I'm saying. I checked a newer video and it's the same.

Why the fuck.

What the fuck.

The salt was reborn.

She does a bunch of AoE stuff that your party members make no effort to step out of. She never even attacks with her weapon, her only attack animation is a generic spellcast one.

It's a really shitty fight.

ah, figures

Does being a titty monster come with being a valkyria? Is one a prerequisite of the other?

>people not even talking about the gameplay
>they are still salty that this isn't VC4

I found the gameplay quite enjoyable. Being rewarded for doing good makes your attack bar fill up faster and faster.

Yeah. It's like FFXV partner AI's all over again.

I enjoyed it for what it was, which is really just a modern Shining game. I understand why a lot of people aren't really fond of the demo, since those games aren't exactly great.

I liked the second mission in the battle demo 2.0 a lot more than the tutorial one, so I was kinda disappointed that they chose to only include one mission in the new demo.

Should've bought more copies of VC2
VC2 was even better than VC1 in terms of gameplay since all the class balancing

>play demo
>like 10 minutes of actual gameplay
>30 minutes of cutscenes

Who thought this was a good idea?

The series peaked at VC3 in terms of characters, story, themes, writing, atmosphere, gameplay and waifu quality. The only think VC1 surpassed it on is the graphics and map size (which was mostly worthless since you ended up using 1-3 units at most).

>tfw no VC3 with VC1 graphics

It hurts.

Wasn't VC 1 like really successful with millions of copies sold?

They only care about sales inside Japan where it did so-so, which was why they moved it to PSP and added multiplayer: so they could get the monster hunter audience.

>Fill out all the positions
>Just use a scout with Caution ordered to end the battle in one turn

Every time. To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing VC 2 and 3 ported to the main consoles (I know 2 is shit but whatever)

Yeah, sales unfortunately weren't all that great there. According to Wikipedia, it sold only 140,000 copies for all of 2008, and it was released in April. In the US, it did even worse initially before a price cut.

So I'm guessing it did sell enough for them to continue the series, but maybe not enough to risk the extra cost of putting it on PS3.

To the guys playing the demo; Did they fix her? Or did they keep the uguu~?

This is true

That's actually spot on. It's just that her initial design is shit so so is her model

Taka just likes Xeno

He has done that with almost everyone of his rpg games

Only reason Xenoblade got its name was that team decided to give Taka a fun nod to his history

As for XCX, that was indeed trying to ride on XC's success
Which keeps on driving people to believe the two are interconnected somehow when it is more like Xenogears Perfect Works

Just watched the gameplay

Jesus Christ, why can't they just sell the franchise to someone who actually gives a shit?

>sanple

Someone have a link to new gameplay?

I wanna see if you still pause like 30 times in a minute to do moves.

>getting paused because you had to select on the menu
looks like secret of mana lol

Honestly, this might finally kill the series.

The battle system looks weak as fuck.