Mechwarrior 5

Is anyone even remotely excited about this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8Y1V8gy1A

Other urls found in this thread:

mw5mercs.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mw5mercs.com/

The year is 3015. Humanity has expanded to the stars, colonizing a vast region of space known as the Inner Sphere. Where the Star League once ruled in relative stability, generations of countless wars, alliances, and betrayals have divided the Inner Sphere into five distinct Successor States. These states, also known as the Great Houses, have fought and quarreled for centuries over the remnants of the Star League and control of the Inner Sphere. They are now in the midst of a Third Succession War, one which has been raging for almost 150 years.

After the 2009 trailer, I can't help but be extremely wary. I genuinely hope it'll be good though.

Because it's being made by the same people who run MWO
Which is utter crap
They also lied to the MWLL devs and killed their mod with a C&D after they promised they wouldn't

Zero faith in those faggots.

Developer is garbage, it will be DOA.

No, after MWO and it's money milking schemes and shit hitreg and then playing Battletech at the HBS booth at pax...

I'm doubtful it's going to be good. Read: not fucking swarmed with old aspies who suck at games and bitch about everything that violates muh lore, or dumbed down mechanics.

Fuck, its gonna have the same 10 'mechs you always see, it'll be stupidly short...

I want it to be good, but I've lost hope.

every time with you MWLL shills it's hilarious how desperate you are

>Is anyone even remotely excited about this?

I mean, you could always use it for another Tortanic. Sadly, not as big in scale of course.

Haha MWLL shillbot at it again with the fake C&D again
Dont worry guys, this guy stalks the mwo/vg/ thread and the steam forums

no. the trailer looks like dated shit. like it was made by college students or something as a garage project

well the devs are equivalent to that so yeah

This.

Like, fuck, I know it's PGI but this is just sad on all accounts even by their art team (who don't have such rubbish portfolios).

one man designs the mechs
no idea what bumblefuck is in charge of the environments

i have no faith in piggy making anything

they have never produced a single thing of value, and killed MWLL.

just stop

it looks vey bad

REMINDER TO HIDE AND REPORT ALL BUTTHURT MWLL FANS
>REMINDER TO HIDE AND REPORT ALL BUTTHURT MWLL FANS
REMINDER TO HIDE AND REPORT ALL BUTTHURT MWLL FANS
>REMINDER TO HIDE AND REPORT ALL BUTTHURT MWLL FANS

>one man designs the mechs

I'm talking about 3D artists, not Alex. Though even he is past his prime-time in designs albeit redoing a billion pieces of crap for years of your life on tight schedule tends to do that to people.

Like, they have a guy who'd worked on Grineer tileset in Warframe, Halo 4 shit and now he's doing vehicles for PGI and they look HORRIBLE ingame, both in MWO and in MW5 going by the trailer.

I don't think the models are the issue. Their lighting is completely god awful and basically non existent, for some reason mechs look like black blobs from anywhere but point blank range, and the animations are very bland and sterile.

>Their lighting is completely god awful and basically non existent

The thing is, they used default lighting, shaders and assets in the MW5 trailer and the assets made by them still looked horrible.
Hence my tip being texture-work.

And yeah, the animations are beyond god-awful but I know that's not going to change because of a variety of reasons.