PlayStation 4 Thread

>Thoughts on some of the major PS4 releases this year -- Uncharted 4, Final Fantasy XV, The Last Guardian, Let it Die? Which is your favorite?
>Enjoying the NieR:Automata, Gravity Rush 2, and Valkyria Revolution demos?
>What PS4 game are you most excited for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fk9qA46AT9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would if they FUCKING came out already

And no i'm not making a japanese account to play a demo a few hours early

You should just make a japanese account anyway, not just for these demos, but for all the exclusive stuff that releases on the japanese psn. This year alone I remember japan getting an exclusive FFXV demo.

I thought Uncharted 4 was really well done even as someone who doesn't care for the series or characters. It's technically impressive and I liked that they left the supernatural out of the narrative. I enjoyed TLoU so I'm sure a lot of that had to do with Bruce and Neil.

As for FFXV, this was my first FF I played all the way through. I ended up platinuming it and dropping 100 hours (still have one last post-game dungeon), too. It's odd that I took such a liking to it considering how much I kind of hate about it. Maybe it's because I'm on break from classes and have nothing else to play )excuses, I know), but I never took a real liking to the characters even after watching that anime of them, the story was throwaway and I can only briefly tell you of some incoherent events that happened, the world felt empty, quests were so MMO fetch-like (Runescape had far better quests now that that comes to mind), even dungeons feel like those randomly generated ones from Bloodborne, post-game ones at least. I don't know, there's just a certain charm to it that makes me keep booting it up, though.

I'm playing GR as we speak and am liking it so far. The platforming is fun if not a bit clunky, and the lack of color in the world is getting bland. I think it's really cute, though, and am surprised this was a Vita game. Point being, I'll likely check out the GR2 demo once I'm finished with it.

There are a couple of games I'm looking forward to. NieR looks rad, Horizon looks to be something I'd enjoy and Persona 5 is one I want to get my hand son having only played a little bit of 4.

>Uncharted 4, Final Fantasy XV, The Last Guardian, Let it Die? Which is your favorite?

Probably in this order

The Last Guardian > Uncharted 4 > Let It Die > FFXV

The Last Guardian was a fantastic game but I am a Team Ico fan so that was a given, Ico with a mini collosi = maximum enjoyment.

Uncharted took my be surprise in the sense that I thought it was going to be a lore more mediocre than it was. It was simply an extremely polished action adventure game, good writing, incredibly mind blowing graphics, open ended environments and fluid gameplay.

FFXV was my biggest let down, I just didn't really enjoy much of the game. I uninstalled it right after I eat it and I only really had fun exploring Duscae for a bit. It wasn't my thing.

As for Demos I'll include Nioh instead of Valkyria since I can't understand jap.

Nioh > Gravity Rush 2 > Nier A

>I thought Uncharted 4 was really well done even as someone who doesn't care for the series or characters

It was the first game I played in the series and I honestly felt it was worth my money. I really enjoyed that game, it's really easy to enjoy as well. Solid game.

>I liked that they left the supernatural out of the narrative

Story-wise, I really enjoy the supernatural aspect. However, the supernatural elements in Uncharted are often where gameplay falls apart. The worst sections of Uncharted 1 are when it becomes a zombie game and the worst sections of Uncharted 2 are when those blue big guys show up.

>As for FFXV, this was my first FF I played all the way through.

Get Final Fantasy X HD if you haven't touched it much.

Also, Final Fantasy VIII is probably the closest FF to FFXV.

Already bought X HD but only put an hour into it so far. I'll look into VIII, thanks.

>Thoughts on some of the major PS4 releases this year -- Uncharted 4, Final Fantasy XV, The Last Guardian, Let it Die? Which is your favorite?
only played FFXV out of those, didn't like it, Let It Die is currently downloading though, will probably pick up TLG on sale.
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir was the best PS4 game this year
loved the NieR demo, haven't tried others yet
Persona 5, Nier Automata, Gravity Rush 2, Future Tone and Yakuza 0

>not being excited for gomenasai

Only played Witcher 3 and FFXV, W3 was okay but I didn't enjoy FFXV at all.

Looking at some budget releases for early next year, got 2 weeks off.

Meh, don't care, didn't play yet, I don't even know what that is. Rise of the Tomb Raider.
No.
Horizon, The Last of Us 2, Yooka Laylee

>Planning on selling my PS4 to my sister to get the Pro
>Just want to get Yakuza 0 and Nioh
>MFW Seeing footage of GR2 and Nier looking fucking great
God damn my wallet is gonna hurt

When is The Last of Us 2 going to be released?

seriously, and this is just ps4, not even including all the non-ps4 games

Probably late 2017 to mid 2018.

Probably around Winter 2017 - Summer 2018

>uncharted 4
yeah they really nailed it with the pirate stuff. great game honestly.
>gravity rush
i downloaded the remastered edition but i have yet to play it. looking forward to a fun game with some unique gravity crontrolling mechanics

i recently beat the talos principle and firewatch as well which arent ps4 exclusives but you cant get them on xbone so its close i guess.
firewatch was a bit of a dissapointment. if i payed anything over 10 dollars i would have been kind of pissed.

the talos principle on the other hand was amazing. incredible story and great puzzles.

I got the PS4 this year. This is my current PS4 collection.
I think this year was the best time to get it. There was more than just bloodborne finally and all the demos really made it worth getting. I think I put more hours into nioh than a lot of the games in pic related and nioh isn't even out yet.

I recommend all games in pic related to varying degree. I also rented a few games, notably Until Dawn, which I feel is honestly way better than any telltale game. If you guys are looking for a comfy game to play with friends over christmas break, I recommend Until Dawn. Its only ten bucks. Be warned, it is a moviegame and the pacing is shit.

>port
>souls clone
>shit game
>shit game/port
>port
>shit game
>shit game
>shit game

nice library, sonyggers

i got a ps4 this year as well. 250 and i actually feel like its paying for itself with all the games ive been playing on it.
tell me though, is the last guardian honestly worth 60 dollars? from what ive heard its like 40 at most.

>YFW You see this man

>is the last guardian honestly worth 60 dollars?

Nah, I'd probably wait for a price drop. PS4 games drop in price pretty quickly. I can see it being 30 - 40 by March even.

>He actually fell for the VIII meme
RIP

>bloodborne
>souls clone
you're a bit retarded arent you?

Best

>Nioh Beta

Sleeper GOTY

>Let it die

Nice shit flinging, user

Im excited for Nioh. Though i know it will appeal to a niche player base. If you liked bloodborne definitely check Nioh out

>Also, Final Fantasy VIII is probably the closest FF to FFXV.

why stupid idiot ? for the colour of clothes of the protagonists ?

what a dumb retard

>appeal to a niche player base
>this is bad somehow

Why? Do you want a casual game like Overwatch or CoD?

Don't spend more than 10 bux on Team ICO game. You'll feel ripped off if you spend more than that.

>Nioh will be so hardcor xD
The beta was easier than any souls game desu - they'd have to heavily nerf spear / low stance at the very least to make it harder

Never said it was a bad thing. But i would like it if people gave it a decent chance

I assumed 2019 when it was announced but since they're already doing mocap maybe it will come in 2018

i dont know about easier than souls. i thought it was harder and at the same time not too tedious.

Muneshige was harder than any Soulsborn boss.

nah orphan of kosm was harder than muneshige

nope

I'm trying to convince my brother to buy a ps4 together but he hates Sony with a passion (although for good reasons).
Still, with the Crash remasters coming, I fucking need it. Of course there are other games I might like.
Can you give me some good arguments to convince my brother?
Keep in mind we already own a decent PC and most Nintendo consoles.

yarp

>Has WOFF but no DQB

Come on senpai this is amateur

>being excited for chinese knockoff remake of crash made in unity

The what now?

I just saved this picture from a Nier thread. Is this him? Or would it help showing him?

Yes, I care more about that than for the Last of Lesbians 2. Got a problem?

I doubt that's him but it might help, thank you.

>but he hates Sony with a passion (although for good reasons).
Like?

I just got a ps4 pro since my friend said he would suck my dick if I got one.
I got it and now I am scared I can't turn motion blur off in nier

Well!?

>Can you give me some good arguments to convince my brother?

Forward this image to his email. Whatever he responds with don't reply with a single word, just forward the image again. Good luck.

Mostly lies about resolutions, framerates and exclusives. I can relate but I need to play some games like Crash and KH. I am already convinced but I need to convince him too.

gravity rush 2, yak 0, nioh, p5. Looks like I'm finally gonna have some physical ps4 games on the shelf. It's about time some good exclusives came out.

My friend has a terrible obsession with 60 FPS yet he still has PS4, I just don't quite get it why.

>physical exclusives

>be me
>go into gaemstop
>do you have the talos principle
>digital only, sorry
>ah shit, gravity rush remasted?
>digital only i think
>fuck, are you serious?
>firewatch
>everybody's gone to the rapture?
>ANY OF THOSE?
>...i hate to break it to you user
fuck, i know in a few years its all going to be digital but why? why does it have to?

just order from amazon, mate

Gravity Rush Remastered and Talos both have physical versions. So: FUCKING GAMESTOP

>Why?
America. We in Europe have all that still physical.

I don't know if it'll all go digital in a few years. I expect all games retailers to die out long before they stop selling physical copies. I think what'll happen is online retailers like amazon will just replace actual game stores, but games might still be sold in places like walmart. Even if they eventually stop selling normal physical copies, i think physical special editions will continue to exist.

ANSWER MEEEEEE

I'll correct myself a bit, GR in US as physical is exclusive to Amazon and Talos Principle seems to only have deluxe edition physical there.

Traded in my launch PS4 and Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition at EB Games today to get a PS4 Pro for $369AUD.

They were doing the deal for $349 a little while ago, but I missed out.

AMA

HOW SHOULD I KNOW?! TRY AND SEE THE DEMO THAT COMES OUT SOON / DOWNLOAD FROM JP STORE AND SEE IF THAT HAS ANYTHING

Who cares about the PS4 when the Switch is coming?

>over geared
>over level
>nearly die

lmao you shitter at least post people who killed him with wooden sword if you want be cool here

youtube.com/watch?v=Fk9qA46AT9c

If the entire industry goes download only, I stop buying games.
I will dig through the remaining used market and once I'm done with that, I'm going to pirate everything.

Switch will be the 5th Nintendo console with extremely lackluster 3rd party support.

When will they learn?

OH I THOUGHT IT WAS RELEASED IN NA ALREADY
CAN YOU PM ME ON Sup Forums WHEN IT GETS RELEASED

What kind of condition dose the pS4 have to be in? Do they check it? How do they check it? Mine has black sicker marks on the bottom.

Haven't actually played anything major this year. Really enjoyed Digimon Story and JJBA: Eyes of Heaven tho. I'll buy Last Guardian after Christmas.

Nier still downloading!

Berserk, Digimon World Next Order, Nier A,

OK DUDE

>Every occasion is good to bring Nintendo is a PlayStation thread
Falseflaggers are such cancer.

Do you also have a pro?

>fuck, i know in a few years its all going to be digital but why? why does it have to?

Rest easy in the notion that people still buy DVD's. I don't think physical media will be going away for a while. But the industry is really trying to ease people into it.

No.

Mine has some light scratches on it and the "foot" near the eject button is ripped out, but the person just took a quick glance at it.

Also the disc drive recently started spitting discs out and the console would (rarely) randomly reboot.

They didn't even plug it in to a display to see if it works. I remember when I traded in a 360 in 2008 or 2009 and a fat ps3 the person got out a tv from the back room and plugged them in to make sure they turned on.

They seem pretty lax now.

If anything the bloated file sizes promote buying physical

I am going to regret it if I can't turn motion blur off. So how are you doing today user?

Thanks for the info, I might do it. They sound hopeless, luckily mine is in good condition besides the black marks at the bottom of the PS4. I'm surprised they didn't even plug it in though

I've been a nintendo fan for a long time now, but the wii and wii u has killed my excitement for the switch. I absolutely won't be buying the switch on release date, like I did with other nintendo platforms, simply out of fear of droughts and then a price drop after a year of nogaems. I'm still hype to see what nintendo has in store, especially hype for that switch conference in like 20 days.

I'm dying under the weight of my backlog that I can't possibly ever finish.

What are some good single player or local coop games on PS4?
Is it worth buying if I don't want to pay online?

>Is it worth buying if I don't want to pay online?
Yes, but if you are German, you won't get free demos without PS+.

I don't have a backlog. I get bored with games too easily now.
I am actually enjoying the first Nier though. Want to cuddle online?

What happens if you buy a Playstation Plus card from a random gas station where they still have the cards that say the old year subscription price of $49?

Are the prices updated at these establishments? Are the cards still good for a year?

>people bought the ps4 pro
really makes you think, sitting here with my stylish sleek and silent slim desu

>Bloodborne GOTY Edition is physical only in Europe.
>ThatGameCompany's compilation thing is physical in Europe only as well.
>Heavy Rain/whatever the other game is physical collection is Europe only
>InFamous First Light is physical only in Europe.
I can't stand digital if there's a physical copy available so it's nice to see at least Europe keeps getting stuff, but I just wish we didn't have to import for it.

>Ace Combat 7
>Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
>Dark Rose Valkyrie
>Days Gone
>Death Stranding
>Detroit: Become Human
>Digimon World: Next Order
>Dragon Quest XI
>Dreams
>Final Fantasy VII Remake
>God of War
>Granblue Fantasy: Project Re:Link
>Gran Turismo Sport
>Gravity Rush 2
>Gundam Versus
>Horizon Zero Dawn
>Hot Shots Golf
>Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
>Kingdom Hearts 3
>Knack 2
>The Last of Us Part II
>The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3
>LocoRoco Remastered
>MatterFall
>Nex Machina: Death Machine
>NieR: Automata
>Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
PaRappa the Rapper Remastered
>Patapon Remastered
>Persona 5
>Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
>Resident Evil 7: biohazard (VR Mode)
>Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash
>Spider-Man
>Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
>WiLD
>Wild Guns Reloaded
>WipEout Omega Collection
>The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2
>Yakuza 0
>Yakuza 6

Still good. Grab it at the cheap price while you can.

Or buying a 2TB hard drive and just never worrying ever again.

>tfw ps4 pro and 1tb ssd

normal or slim PS4 load times are unbearable.

I had the Slim and it didn't make the loadtime's faster, i had the Pro for 4 days and it was loud as fuck. Glad i got the Slim

>not even including all the non-ps4 games
what do you mean?
Tales of Berseria, RE7, Berserk Musou and Nier Automata are PC multiplats, For Honor is a Xbone/PC multiplat.

Yakuza0 and P5 are PS3 multiplats.

There are only 4 actual PS4 exclusives in that list, which is still impressive for 4 months, but most of aren't pure exclusives (not that it matters for me since I don't own a PS3 or vita so all of those I get on my PS4 and most PC multiplats too)

retail Pro does not have a ssd you need to upgrade mate.

I was talking about Switch and 3DS games. Plenty of those coming out in the next few months along all these ps4 games.

oh I see

I find that hard to believe.

It was announced weeks ago and you are saying it will be released in 1 year?

Fallout 4 was announced like a few months before it came out. Not all companies are like square enix and like to announce projects ten years away from release.

>lies
First misconsception.

Sony themselves aren't the ones lying about that.
If the game isn't a Sony game you can't blame Sony for whatever it is.

Horizon was announced E3 2015 and been 1.5 years at the very least since then.

Uncharted 4 and The Last Guardian were great.