Japan Studio: let's get the guy who directed Silent Hill to make a game with some creativity that may or may not be...

>Japan Studio: let's get the guy who directed Silent Hill to make a game with some creativity that may or may not be noticed, maybe this game could prove Sony has good characters and original concepts
>Naughty Dog: DUDE LET'S LOOK AT WHAT'S POPULAR AND TRENDY AND SHOVE IT INTO OUR GAMES, WHOOO FUCK CREATIVITY

Do you think these two could represent the roles of both the east and west in the video game industry?

Other urls found in this thread:

playstationlifestyle.net/2016/02/09/laura-bailey-responds-uncharted-4-casting-controversy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hate EVERYTHING Naughty Dog has ever released

Remember when Uncharted was compared to Tomb Raider and Gears of War?

Not sure, but this thread perfectly represents what a shitposting faggot you are.

I agree. Garbage devs.

t. neogaf user

They even have Neill Druckmann

Remember when Jak went from colorful platforming to GTA clones in 2?

All Japan Studio is missing is Ape Escape 4

Are you trying to say that it's not common for jap devs to take a giant diarrhea shit of shallow pop garbage all over their games?

Because you're pretty fucking deluded if you actually believe that.

Not saying they're perfect, just that japs can be a little more creative if you look through the surface

>Japan Studio
>Relies on other teams to make games for them like Team Ico and Project Siren
>Biggest IP is fucking Ape Escape
>Most recently have made VR shit and fucking Knack

>Naughty Dog
>Have never made a bad game
>Actually make their games on their own
>Widely considered the best studio in the world
>Even their smallest franchise (Jak and Daxter) is bigger than anything Japan Studio have ever done

You weebs can stay SEETHING knowing Naughty Dog will always be the big dog (pun very intended) of the Playstation studios

Hi Neill, aren't you busy comparing diversity to gameplay and graphics?

>DUDE LET'S LOOK AT WHAT'S POPULAR AND TRENDY AND SHOVE IT INTO OUR GAMES, WHOOO FUCK CREATIVITY
every c.uck blizzard game ever

Nah, busy with Troy and Ashley making with a scene in TLOU part II while Japan Sudios make Knack 2

The Last of Us literally came at a time when FPS's where the big thing so i'm not sure this meme comes from

>Defending Neill

I assume Burch and Pitchford are good boys as well

>diversity
>the guy who casted a white women to voice a black women

When did he do that?

What's wrong with their series (Crash, Jak & Daxter, Uncharted, Last of Us) to be deserving of this?

>No argument so he has to resort to this

it must hurt even more then that Japan gets wrecked by a bunch of fucking SJWs
Laura Bailey as Nadine

Neil is actually redpilled

playstationlifestyle.net/2016/02/09/laura-bailey-responds-uncharted-4-casting-controversy/

t. casual consumer that doesn't explore video games as a medium

Naughty Dog hasn't made a game since the PS2 era. But lets assume they have, the best "game" they made is praised because of muh feels since everyone agrees it was sub par third person with bad enemy AI. Now the actual games they made before Sony turned them into movie makers are fun platformers but that's about it.

No you got it all wrong I enjoy all sorts of games from many different genres and regions, I'm even waiting to play the GR2 demo when it eventually comes up. It's just that Naughty Dog destroys Japan Studio, it's not even close

When there are more retards than smarts, the retards win, so it makes sense

>A studio that relies on other dev teams to make games
>A studio that regurgitates samey shit time after time
>Representative

What did he mean by this

I've always kinda hated their shit. Crash 3 was good but fuck everything else.

Don't be like that user, I don't even know why this thread is even a thing because they're both great and serve many different purposes

yeah i know. its actually better than both of them

how old are the people that hate naughty dog real talk

Not OP but I'm 24 and pretty sick of their shit tbqh

Old enough to not make a petition to take down a negative review of a game you like

>Naughty Dog: DUDE LET'S LOOK AT WHAT'S POPULAR AND TRENDY AND SHOVE IT INTO OUR GAMES, WHOOO FUCK CREATIVITY

ND has total control over its work, Sony gives them total control because they are Sony's most profitable studio.

I love Japan Studio but it makes 0 sense from an economic standpoint to keep it around. Their games almost never turn in a profit even in Japan and the studio is a compete mess. The Santa Monica boss had to take over and sanitize the insane number of ongoing projects they had at the same time.

>Japan studio
Better single player experience games
>Naughty dog
Better multiplayer experience games.

yet also old enough to make petitions for ports of games they'll never get

27 in a week

and i hate the franchise it treats you like a child

no exploring, no risk, no actual problem solving

the hardest part of uncharted 4 was a puzzle where you literally have to do 10 + 2 and realise its 12

how is that stimulating

this is meant to be the juicy bit at the end of walking down a corridor listening to a forced shitty story and then having 1 button combat with qtes to pretend your having fist fights

eugh

it just feels gross

and lazy

and like its designed for children

Let's look at the games they have made on their own

>Ape Excape
>Legend of Dragoon
>Pipo Saru 2001
>Ape Escape 2
>Ape Escape Academy
>Ape Escape: On the Loose
>Ape Escape 3
>LocoRoco
>Piyotama
>LocoRoco cocoreccho
>The Eye of Judgement
>The Last Guy
>LocoRoco 2
>LocoRoco Midnight Carnival
>Trash Panic
>Numblast
>The Eye of Judgement: Legends
>Kung Fu Rider
>Ape Escape Fury Fury
>Echochrome 2
>Puppeteer
>Knack
>The Playroom
>The Playroom VR

When they collaborate with other studios they're great, but on their own they have been pretty pathetic for a while

The west has no creativity. It instead focused on "muh realism" and "muh trendy shit"

Once people realized how shit "muh realism" failed to deliver, westacucks cry about "downfall" of western games. They didn't realize that west never had any good games.

Japs meanwhile were creative with what they got, using minimal resources and making awesome games. They slowly transitioned to modern graphics while stilling keeping/evolving their basic fundamentals of good game.

West = Top down, trickle down gameplay. You get good graphics and hope that will be good enough gameplay. Some people call it "open world, open ended" game.

East = Bottom up, you're forced to play a game through a developer's vision and then slowly work your way up the graphics. This way, even if the graphics are shit, the gameplay remain highly playable.

This phenomena is present in every creative aspect of the work. From anime, to paintings, to video game, etc.

Pictures somewhat related

Why does Sony, a Japanese company, own several game studios worldwide yet only has one Japanese studio?

>Sony, a Japanese company
Sony is American, Senpai.

>comparing ancient art to pop culture

For fuck's sake, the bottom image looks like it was drawn by a 10 year old

19. I only liked the first Jak & Daxter

Just turned 21. I'm the type that enjoys the ride and not too critical, also gameplay > story. Uncharted was fun the first time I play it but then they started recycling it to a borefest. TLOU gameplay is garbage, story is meh.

Human mentality never change, or hardly change.

If the society is creative 1000 years ago, it will be creative now. If the society was copypasted garbage 1000 years ago, it will be copypasted trendy shit.

I want Spikat to be canon

>Legend of Dragoon
>"Hey guys, we wanna have a 3D jrpg too": The Game

What a subpar crapfest.

There's also Polyphony Digital making Gran Turismo. There's no point in Sony owning any more of them since all of the third parties primarily do business on Sony consoles anyway.

Sony is multinational. Also Sony has multiple Jap studios.

I'm 24. Jak and Daxter is their only truly great game. I dont necessarily hate them, but Everyone acts like they are the grandmasters of making games when they are good at graphics and writing B movie tier stories with the most serviceable level gameplay. I can sit and enjoy a playthrough of an uncharted or last of us but I can also be like yeah theres nothing truly great here. No interesting ideas, just really well crafted set piece moments.

Puppeteer severely underrated

No, the biggest third party devs from japan do the same a Naughty Dog.
These two represent the roles of both medium sized and "AAA" dev teams in the video game industry.

not sure if serious or retarded

what popular and trendy things are shoved into nd games?

>Naughty Dog
>Have never made a bad game
Crash 3, Jak 2, and Uncharted 3 were all dogshit though.

You talking shit on Ape Escape?

what the fuck
crash 3 and jak 2 were great, uncharted 3 is the only one that was a considerable step down from the previous game.

Their games range from alright to boring. I don't really hate them but I do dislike most of their games. I'm 24

Crash 3 had a fucking horrible amount of terrible gimmick levels and a lot of the regular ones were lowish quality 2.

Jak 2 is straight up dogshit. The GTA-lite stuff is done terribly, the level design of half the areas suck, and it gutted the colectathon aspect - which was one of the things that made the first decent. I won't even touch how juvenile the writing is.

>I'M GONNA KILL PRAXIS

what were they thinking?

Imagine Ellie scissoring Yumi

Imagine Nathan Drake dicking Kat

Imagine Spike being raped by that pedo whoses name i forgot

>This phenomena is present in every creative aspect of the work. From anime, to paintings, to video game, etc.
"phenomena" is plural. The singular is "phenomenon".
Also while I could agree with you that gameplay-wise they're more creative and thorough, when it comes to aesthetic styles and narrative their creativity is mostly superficial. You find crazier and weirder stuff, sure, but below that surface there's nothing structurally interesting.

Japanese writing is often all concept and very little execution. You don't get much good sensible writing, it's mostly "muh tragic past that defined everything I am". Illiterate teenagers see it as good writing because they think that good writing means plot twists and mindfucks. It's like putting Escher above Van Gogh because he drew cool optical illusions instead of a boring sunflower field or whatever.

Creativity is pointless if you don't have the craft to make something meaningful with it. It's the difference between a QTE fest with cool cutscenes and a game that requires patience and mastery to perform less flashy, but more satisfying and challenging feats.

user that's just fucked up

His name is David

Imagine Spike helping Carmelita capturing Sly and then cucks him with Carmelita

How did Sucker Punch get involved in this?

I don't know, imagine Lammy Lamb being fucked by Robbit

>Better than Gears

Cool story, bro

glad you agree

Imagine Ellie getting KNACKED by Knack

Western games have neither creativity nor gameplay.

Muh realistic tranny right game is all they have.

Jap games are generally more aesthetically pleasing and daring.
The west has been churning out the same, grizzled, middle-aged protag for years and utilizing the tired old Tolkien fantasy Rpg aesthetic for even longer
>muh traditional western three act narrative structure.
You can fuck right off.

Have the east made a game in the last 10 years that's even close to being as influential as Skyrim was?

Give Naughty Dog some credit

They made movie games popular, didn't rip any trend but themselves

Look at Naughy Dog's logo, you can tell they're a childish trendy company by simply looking at the logo.

This, they need to go back to making crash bandicoot or fuck off.
I gave uncharted and the last of us a chance but they are fucking garbadge.
I fucking hate shitty cinematic shooters where you tap a button to advance the game but it hide's its shittynes under the guise of being artisitc.
And guess what ND's newest games are going to be? Fucking Uncharted and the Last of Us.

Movies and Indieshit is the worst thing to happen to games.

>This, they need to go back to making crash bandicoot or fuck off.

What about Jak & Daxter?

They made knack, they are garbage off this

I have never played but I had a friend growing up who was addicted to those games and he had great taste so they need to make more of those too.

>they need to go back to making this IP they don't even own

Why do fake Crash fans always expose themselves like this?

They ripped off Metal Gear Solid and Tomb Raider but made it more serious and shit.

i like the idea of Spike/Kat /ss/

Explain why they did not work on the remakes.

>make good game
>WOOOOOW NOT GIMMICKY ENOUGH
Hmm

why the fuck do people parrot this meme?
Before uncharted tomb raider had you killing more wild animals than people, and it was a platforming game more than anything.

Modern tomb raiders ripped off uncharted if anything.

>They ripped off Metal Gear Solid

This outta be good

When did they do this Mr user?

Uncharted is way closer to your typical TPS instead of TR you retard.

If something its (neo)TR that ripped Uncharted completly.

Is this like how Halo was considered having Chief ripping off Doomguy until D44M happened?

Are you really asking me why a company that has 2 games in development right now aren't making a remake (Not a game, but a fucking remake) of 20 year old games of an Intellectual Property they don't own

Think for 4 fucking seconds and you'll know the answer

>hey should we put one of our most famous dev studio on a remake of a dead franchise or on the sequel to a game that sold trillions and is considered the second coming of christ?
>The remake of course!

I hope you will never run a business you fucking retard.

no not really

what did she mean by this?

>Ape Escape 4 never

I am asking why they are making movies when they are shit and makes their company shit when they are capable of making real games.
Forget business and even if they do not own crash bandicoot they could make a non movie game.

I want the Naughty dog that said fuck limitations and made two of their own engines so the first crash bandicoot would fit their vision not
>Here is some sections you can sneak through or go guns blazing
>Here's a cutscene with forced drama
>Tons of scripted game events
>Tap square to move this thing
>That enemy is attacking you, tap X to defeat him.

WHAT IS THE OLD HUNTERS PART OF JAPAN STUDIO DOING NEXT????

doom guy and master chief are both masked mute space soldiers in power armor, and they're both first person shooters.

Lara Croft is (was) a posh cunt who shot tigers in her primarily platforming game. Uncharted is a third person shooter about killing mercs or pirates with token platforming that mostly serves to help traversal during combat.

Doom and halo are much more alike than the old tomb raider and uncharted

>tfw GOW went from easy DMC to TLOU clone