What's so special about SteelSeries mousepads?

What's so special about SteelSeries mousepads?

I've heard people saying they're awesome and some that say they're terrible because they fray and tear in short time.
In EU they're also pretty expensive compared to other brands. For example I've seen the QcK+ being sold for about 25€ while another mousepad of the same size (plus stitched borders) from another brand is just 8€.

Don't know what people are doing to them for them to fray but i've had this one for near 2 years now.

Clean it once every 3 or so months with washing up liquid and it's perfectly fine.

They shouldn't fray unless you're being an idiot with them. The QCK+ is one of the worst mouse pads, at least if you hate grippy ones. QCK heavy is great for me because it's not too cushiny but is still a bit, doesn't grip/have too much friction but still has some, and is big enough for me needs.

i have a qck heavy and its the best mousepad that i've owned. i don't really have a lot to compare it to but its good enough for me

Got mine for like 10€, using it for 2 years now, never cleaned it, still looks new

Never had one, but as far as I know, they seem to be pretty good for the price and last quite a while.

Just get whatever is cheaper as long it's still a decent brand. Hell, even if it's not, a 8€ pad that is probably going to last you a year is a pretty good deal.

>tfw I washed my mousepad after 3 years
>too oily to even touch
>made the water black

wash that shit user, you'd be surprised how much dirt that thing can get

you just dont notice because it's black.

soap, and a brush does the trick

Also, there probably are some other mousepads that would work, but I haven't tried them myself. The ones I've tried are some aluminum ones, plastic ones, GTF-X, GS-R, and the Supermat. I've played/play a lot of Quake Live, and have messed around a fair amount with finding what works well for me, I wouldn't really worry about anyones opinion who hasn't played a game like that for a fair amount of time and hasn't experimented with some to find what properties they want.

It's just a slab of material, they don't charge $50 for them like many competitors

i've had mine for 3 years and i haven't washed it either

uhoh

Using aluminium Steelseries SX for almost 10 years, works great. I'm happy I could get one before they have been discontinued

The only implication I can draw from this is that she is actually a man with a gargantuan penis comparable to an elephant trunk, and that the underwear would fail to cover it, though somehow the napkin-sized panties would be sufficient.

Other than that, I can't imagine what the joke is.

Currently only QCK+
Everyone else here is a fucking pleb

t. LEM on csgo

Roastie.

what would you recommend for washing one like that? I had mine for a year and haven't washed it, looks fine

I just use the bathtub faucet, lukewarm water, and shampoo. After rubbing shampoo and rinsing it off, I'll pat it down with a towel to speed up the drying process, then let it air dry.

you pay extra for that logo in the bottom left corner
i had a couple of qck mousepads, some razor ones and now im using a giant roccat one, they are all the same, essentially, minor differences in friction but that mostly comes from teflon vs metal pads on your mouse, bigger differences in price, depending on how "popular" the brand is.

steelseries is the apple of gaming peripherals, but with all the downsides and none of the benefits.

It's people falling for retarded gaming brands. They're no different from your usual mousepads.

She has a feminine penis.

You really don't need any of this gaming bullshit. Just get any kind of cloth mousepad and spray it with a bit of silicon spray every 2-3 weeks. Just try it, it's fucking magical.

Does it really makes a difference?
Ive been using a 1 buck cloth mousepad custom mousepads with my waifu on it for 10 years and it just werks.

famouse brand mousepads are a meme

have a regular qck. wash it pretty regularly with soap and water. it's a good mousepad. the 3310 sensor my mouse has is very picky but it works well with this pad.

but at cetain angles, the tracking can become spotty. like the mouse is laying flat like normal but you rotate it too much cause you shifted in your seat or whatever. then sometimes it won't track as well anymore.

I have a QCK Heavy and I noticed that the top-middle area has become quite worn down from use and I get much more resistance on that part than the rest of the mousepad. I have a G502 which is a heavy as fuck mouse and I think it makes it worse.