Was 90s the best time to be into vidya?

Was 90s the best time to be into vidya?

youtube.com/watch?v=0ZeNJMYbyb4

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/12/12/million-dollar-extreme-creators-say-adult-swim-canceled-their-show-for-supporting-donald-trump.html
youtube.com/watch?v=B7Ske2eKX2g
youtube.com/watch?v=FPqSfgVgal8
youtube.com/watch?v=v1Mbvnirprg
youtube.com/watch?v=eObop0waGII
youtube.com/watch?v=iRzAh2-Ukjc
youtube.com/watch?v=5xzRUFGesRA
youtube.com/watch?v=_HnDVKiWDYM
youtube.com/watch?v=3NwayW8Y4gY
youtube.com/watch?v=k3a8Ow-DoAw
youtube.com/watch?v=lycSakcvUps
youtube.com/watch?v=Qf0yWQzz0gM
youtube.com/watch?v=mM2-iPAY2p4
youtube.com/watch?v=LHKX43yh2hY
youtube.com/watch?v=w5tOFZQqxbs
youtube.com/watch?v=bP1qnxnu4aI
youtube.com/watch?v=SC-3_b3FfeA
youtube.com/watch?v=_bPWPdCTeaM
youtube.com/watch?v=8TfIGzO-Nqc
youtube.com/watch?v=cDHrsqre_TQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0aY87kq24EI
youtube.com/watch?v=kxlGtd88MAM
youtube.com/watch?v=NipQYqT-OTU
youtube.com/watch?v=FQItIcN4bas
youtube.com/watch?v=8GSa9SqM8Ys
youtube.com/watch?v=LGPhEN_YdWU
youtube.com/watch?v=-5pVBXQhqEo
youtube.com/watch?v=tAhvOGs7dXc
youtube.com/watch?v=KJjSJt5IhTE
youtube.com/watch?v=yNrwNUZJahg
youtube.com/watch?v=yUkQ-UUQP4k
youtube.com/watch?v=oTkrxlacdpE
youtube.com/watch?v=stc0RuRv2RA
christianpost.com/news/christians-protest-opening-of-greater-church-of-lucifer-in-texas-149193/
my90stv.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=zaiZva_-X9M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Along with pretty much everything else. Has gone nowhere but downhill since.

Watch out big guy
You're talking about my wife here

No, it wasn't.

It's just your pathetic nostalgia and enjoyable childhood talking.

20 years from now on there will be posts exactly like these, from people your age now, asking if the 2010s were the best time to be into vidya.

No, that would be the early 80s, and I'll tell you why. Back then you could make good money, not great money, simply coding home computer ports of foreign arcade games for a publisher. It was easy work, it really was. Back when gaming really boomed in 1982/3 you could make money from Imagine, US Gold, Ocean or any other wealthy publisher. Never was the entry point for game development lower.

Hey, Sam. How's being unemployed treatin' ya, big guy?

Man what happened to sam hyde

It's a well-established fact that most video game genres peaked in late 90s, though.

12 year old/contrarian old fag detected

nah, early 00s.

>being this butthurt

You owe me 2,000 dollars

i hope mdeposting becomes a thing

>being this non-butthurt

20 years from now, there will be a post like these ones, from someone your age now, saying that it's a well-established fact that most video games genres peaked in the late 2010s though, and anyone who disagrees will be labeled as a 12 year old contrarian.

>everyone calls you a loser
>women are disgusted by the sole idea of you playing vidya
>no one talk to about your hobby, 99% of others are literal nerds
>no internet
Yeah, OP, back in my day steam trains were faster than jet airliners too!

No its better than ever to be into games right now. The sheer amount of games along with variety are available on all the platforms. Its a great time to be a PC gamer as well.

>Was 90s the best time to be into vidya
Yes
>Along with pretty much everything else
No

I'd say so

Things like video games and the internet were way less accessible to the normies back in the 90s so you had a triple platinum guarantee there was genuine interest and investment by all parties.

she's got an associate's degree. i know you must think she's a hot little package but she's educated.

>Its a man with a sam hyde image shit posts episode
Glad this kikes show got canceled.

It was the best time FOR vidya, but no time but now was the best time to be into vidya

Why is Mountain Dew the drink of choice for vidya players?

Underageban this faggot. Nineties were the peak of humanity, only kiddos who weren't alive back then could say otherwise.

HALO/CoD bonus XP

Hyde is a yid? You serious?

>this is the guy who talks shit about people being fat
>268 pounds at minimum
Top kek.

95-05 was a magical decade for vidya.

Sam's a yid AND born to a single mom boyo

I want to go back.

>megaman X
>mario 64
>goldeneye 007
>mario kart 64
>super metroid
>ocarina of time
>link to the past

hold me Sup Forums

>Underageban this faggot. Nineties were the peak of humanity, only kiddos who weren't alive back then could say otherwise.

I lived back then.

Your problem... is that you didn't grow up. Or perhaps, a better thing to say is that you haven't evolved. Games evolved, and you haven't.

Get informed, bruh

Where dem facts @?

Yeah if you had a pc

Middle aged guy here.

I don't have any nostalgia for those time periods since I was an adult during all of them.

I'd say objectively the best eras were either 2nd gen, 3rd gen, or 4th gen. I'm tempted to say 5th gen could be up there as well, but the arcades were already in decline, so I dunno about that.

And that's the main reason those generations were the best. The arcades were unlike any other experience in gaming ever and the one thing that you can't experience after its time. You can play those games in MAME or whatever, but you can never walk in an 80s arcade during the Golden Age and see shit like pic related and hang out with random strangers and just play games and drink beer and have a laugh.

Ask 90% of this board.

foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/12/12/million-dollar-extreme-creators-say-adult-swim-canceled-their-show-for-supporting-donald-trump.html

Or imagine going to a 90s arcade and seeing pic related and joining a crowd of people around a machine of Street Fighter II and having an impromptu tournament.

Nothing else like it.

For all the cool games of recent generations, the one thing we've lost is the arcade experience, and there's really nothing else even equivalent to it anymore.

Only medium that peaked in the 90s was video games. Movies were crap, TV was crap, comics were crap, music was the worst decade ever, and fashion even was garbage.

This wasn't my normal arcade experiences at all. Not enough people with knives out arguing over who quartered up first.

>mfw emulating Banjo Kazooie at 60fps

If you were in a hood arcade there was a lot of that, yeah. I was the old man of the arcade even then, so I had a weird kind of respect from people since anyone who was a regular had been seeing me since they first started coming there. But it was fun as long as you made a conscious effort to avoid violence and knew when to get the fuck out before a fight broke out.

The suburban arcades I went to didn't have those problems though. The only tradeoff was less foot traffic.

I can prove that 1999 was the apex of awesome. It's been a steady downhill ever since.

>Unemployed

MDE was always a side job and a hobby for him

He works as a car salesman and makes more on than on MDE
MDE was always a passion project and a money hole for all of them

Also he won 25k by betting on Donald Trump winning the election
He will be fine

People """"respected me"""" because I was good at SF2 turbo and MvC, but that doesn't mean randos didn't get cut.

It was. Back then AAA games were actually good.

you didn't cut shit, you pasty white faggot
even niggas and spics knew not to be that fucking retarded unless they wanted the cops in there

AAA wasn't even really a thing though. Overhead was much lower (for the most part)

I never said that I cut anyone. You should get some learnt son.

This. White "people" baka lmao

You weren't from a dangerous neighborhood if no fights broke out in your arcade. Used to see knives pulled all the time back in the day.

>AAA wasn't even really a thing though.

System sellers have always existed. AAA as a term wasn't widespread, but we're talking about big games that got the marketing push back then.

Back then system sellers were often mid-budget games, or even low budget games when it came to portables.

I'm gonna go fuck my booooooy

Big guy?

80s
Post punk bands 3 or 4 of them are good
Hair metal is gay as fuck just like nu glam rap of now
Thrash is cool
Death metal has its first albums
Same with black metal
And good old hardcore punk
Everything is shit

1990S
Industrial till nin destroyed it
still sounds dope in most of the whole time
Black metal peaks
Death metal has its best albums
Thrash dies but still has songs here and there
Grunge till fucking gay creed fucked it up thern the invention of buttrock that was brought from the glam era of 80s evolved into 90s buttrock
Punk-hardcore is underground-grunge is mainstream-pop punk a new genre comes around for the chicks its cool at first which evolves into emo
Gangster rap-gfunk-horrorcore are all king horrorcore is the king of the underground and other two are up
House music is great and evolves into a lot of different genres
Alternative evolves into many things.
Grunge and alternative turns into nu-metal which was about true emotion and overcoming problems and just like the grunge it sold out as soon as it hit the scene. Then it died
Heavy metal is still great but the riffs are more catchy
Rebellious attitude
an era based off of the 1970s and 1960s fashion and 1960s failure of rebellion off of their parents.
The rebellion hooks you quicker than 1960s rebellion.
The fashion everyone just wore the fuck they wanted and there was total freedom in what they weared
NOT LIKE IN 2016 WHERE dudes look like 80s dykes
only thing bad from the 90s was buttrock
when pop songs tried to sound dark or punk or grunge
and boy bands

Black rnb is even still pretty cool for the softies out there.

There was something for every asshole.
Funny thing is that there is NOTHING in the modern era that suits me its the exact opposite it is fucking soft and everything soft only gets softer. And it is compliant and obedient.
Which is fucking gay

Bieber is okay

kidney stones.jpg

GOMAD, motherfucker

Honestly it was the early to mid 2000s.

If you like that then its cool and i support you in the like.

But me personally during that era I felt so intune with it
It is not even funny
Their is gems everywhere in the music

youtube.com/watch?v=B7Ske2eKX2g
youtube.com/watch?v=FPqSfgVgal8
youtube.com/watch?v=v1Mbvnirprg
youtube.com/watch?v=eObop0waGII
youtube.com/watch?v=iRzAh2-Ukjc
youtube.com/watch?v=5xzRUFGesRA
youtube.com/watch?v=_HnDVKiWDYM
youtube.com/watch?v=3NwayW8Y4gY
youtube.com/watch?v=k3a8Ow-DoAw
youtube.com/watch?v=lycSakcvUps
youtube.com/watch?v=Qf0yWQzz0gM
youtube.com/watch?v=mM2-iPAY2p4
youtube.com/watch?v=LHKX43yh2hY
youtube.com/watch?v=w5tOFZQqxbs
youtube.com/watch?v=bP1qnxnu4aI
youtube.com/watch?v=SC-3_b3FfeA
youtube.com/watch?v=_bPWPdCTeaM
youtube.com/watch?v=8TfIGzO-Nqc
youtube.com/watch?v=cDHrsqre_TQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0aY87kq24EI
youtube.com/watch?v=kxlGtd88MAM
A little bit of that pop and grunge mixed i talked about but I still like it a lot
youtube.com/watch?v=NipQYqT-OTU
youtube.com/watch?v=FQItIcN4bas
Without this band godsmack would of never been shit
youtube.com/watch?v=8GSa9SqM8Ys
This band mixed industrial grunge death metal and invented the screaming that emo bands used 2005-on
This band mixed grunge and death metal pretty much
youtube.com/watch?v=LGPhEN_YdWU
youtube.com/watch?v=-5pVBXQhqEo
This band had a great album from the 1990s but im not sure if i can find it on youtube.

I can go on and on about this

I dunno but the MK reference in Malcolm In The Middle cracks me up even to this day.

get a life NERD

hahaha

you have the most suburban taste of anybody ive ever seen ever ffs

how is it possible to have taste this bad

Back when EA made stuff like Desert Strike and Road Rash and mechs and spaceships and heavy metal and awesome basslines were still cool in video games. If only we could have it today.

I like all of the decade even the bands that no one talks about aka patrician bands aka patrician bands on Sup Forums are sell out bands now

Why is it that my dad died when I was 5 i was named after him
youtube.com/watch?v=tAhvOGs7dXc
Why is it that my aunt had schizophrenia
and she has the same birthday as me.
youtube.com/watch?v=KJjSJt5IhTE
My mom was an alcoholic who would abuse me hit me and insult me only in front of a group of people?
youtube.com/watch?v=yNrwNUZJahg
Why is it that my grandmother came from nazi-germany and became a christian psychopath and would trap me in closets away from people that i was trying to bond with and chase me with a butcher knife and burn possessions she saw as sacrilegious
youtube.com/watch?v=yUkQ-UUQP4k
youtube.com/watch?v=oTkrxlacdpE

This music saved my life and everyone from that generation accepted me for me without anything. The more fucked up childhood you had the more you were accepted.
It was the perfect gen for me to grow up in

You should think about joining the statistic.

>ww3 is coming getting rid of all the religion and there will be mass deaths everywhere

Do not worry user all the suicidal people are going to join the military

why are you faggots so obsessed with wwiii?

it's not going to happen

deal with it

it is going to happen
It has been planned for 100s of years

one world govt

this is what I was talking about

you sound like a whiny white faggot

this kind of behavior just makes you look like an emo wuss

no its not gonna happen

trump has no interest in war with russia

stop being such a faggot

Don't you have water filters to sell, Alex Jones?

who is this guy and why does he look like kane with hair

Can we all agree that AoE II OST good?

He knows how to get the highest score in Contra.

No I turned out fucking good for what happened.
I know that there is way worse then what happened with me, but in my area I was one of the worst.
I accept it and I won my battles and survived.
Emo didnt even fucking come out till I was a senior in highschool. I didnt really get it but after I started to but never followed it because fuck that it is for another generation that I was not a part of.
Now a days aleppo by itself is 10 times worse than what the fuck I went through. Times change situations either worsen or they get better hate to say it but it got worse.

I rejected any notion god existed after that childhood that left me fucked.
Then I was like wait humanity humans made all this shit so that must mean they are the gods of the world.

Now fuck all that shit I am meditating to death metal and healing myself. You need to heal yourself if your dealing with white vs black shit too.
Fuck all of that you dont know if in your past life you were white or black and the same shit in your future life so its fucking stupid to debate black vs white.

youtube.com/watch?v=stc0RuRv2RA

Trump wants war
The one world govt wanted everyone to be obedient in war time.
That is why trump is the elected official.

that dude is CIA

my shit is legit from the guy who created the KKK to spy on any racist people and was a 33rd degree freemason and leader of the confederate army

The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the 'agentur' of the 'Illuminati' between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion ¦We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time.

Its already happening nigger
3rd temple is done being built
christianpost.com/news/christians-protest-opening-of-greater-church-of-lucifer-in-texas-149193/
Christians Protest Opening of 'Greater Church of Lucifer' in Texas

Thank you added that to this
my90stv.com/

Kinda, there's honestly about as much and maybe more good shit now, however it's harder to find the diamonds with the huge amount of complete garbage you have to sift through now.

lol

you must be 18 to post here

eh?

>Variety

LOL

Here's another for that

youtube.com/watch?v=zaiZva_-X9M

Underageban to this faggot.

>Your problem... is that you didn't grow up. Or perhaps, a better thing to say is that you haven't evolved.
No it would in fact be better to say he hasn't "grown up", not "evolved".

>variety are available on all the platforms
>Its a great time to be a PC gamer as well

Entirely new genres have been invented since the 90s user. It's not like staying in 2016 means you can't play games from the 90s either.

Do you have any evidence to back that up?

You only think that because you're nostalgic about your childhood.

The 90s were pretty retarded desu.

>Entirely new genres have been invented since the 90s user
Indie game shovelware and walking sims have been around since the 90s, they just weren't given any attention because they're shit.

Cheap, more advertised for games, tastes like shit so you know gamers will just gobble it up.

What do you mean?

Within 2-3 years we'll have games such as Star Citizen, Cybepunk 2077, The Last of Us 2, Death Stranding and GTA 6. VR just recently came out, and it will be amazing if it can live up to its potential (inb4 jackasses try to refute this by saying pathetic primitive VR from 20+ years ago already existed and failed). Mobile gaming is becoming a real hit, and Pokemon GO (which was downloaded over 500 million times) is proof of that.

And right now, there are more kids playing video games than in the 90s because of the increase in population.

But if you want actual evidence, then I guess you and I will have to meet again on an anonymous Japanese cartoon image board 20 years from now on. Then I can fully prove my point. Agreed?

Yes, specifically 1998

I just want to go back lads...