Wow, what a shitty way to finish The White Frost storyline

Wow, what a shitty way to finish The White Frost storyline.
The Wild Hunt was also handled poorly. After playing through the entire game I still have no clear idead of their motivations. And that's not mentioning the fact, that WH was heavily retconned from the way it was presented in the books and in the first game.
I really want Sup Forums to show me that I'm wrong.

true. I played the game and I can't for the life of me remember what the bad guys wanted. 7/10

Blah blah blah
You're so contrarian

Pretty sure they wanted to fuck Ciri and create a super child or something.

Everyone except Geralt basically wants to fuck Ciri in this game.

better than his ending

They want the literal same as in the books: continue being world invading warmongers because they're morons who can't into sustainability. And to do that they need Ciri's power.

Sorry, are we talking about the way the author handled it in the books, or the way CDPR handled it in the game?

Because let's be real, by having an anti-climactic "What just happened? Was I trolled?" ending, they were true to the source material.

That's what happens when you let a cranky alcoholic polish retard try to write an epic.

I finished TW3 like more than a year ago so the details are a bit lost, especially since I enjoyed the side content and exploration more than the main quest.

But if I recall, big bad wanted to bone her, like pretty much everyone else, so they could get some of dat elder blood. I also think the elf world was dying and Ciri could save them some how. I honestly don't really remember. Hearts of Stone was GOTY, Blood and Wine is gorgeous and the Bloody Baron quest line is the best part of the entire main quest.

Didn't they want to use her abilities to create a giant portal and transport humans from their world into the world of the elves in the books? They would save humans from the White Frost but at the same time they would also enslave them.
And now in the game, it's the elves' world that is dying because of the White Frost? Doesn't seem to fit at all.

elves were getting royally fucked by unicorns and their world was dying(as all worlds do) so they wanted the power of the elder blood to jump to another world, conquer it and start over.

the Wild Hunt itself wasn't retconned much(just their color really) but the White Frost was.

The White Frost was supposed to be a more physical cataclysmic event, absolutely inevitable. In the games it's magic and shieeet and Ciri can somehow stop it.

>The White Frost was supposed to be a more physical cataclysmic event, absolutely inevitable. In the games it's magic and shieeet and Ciri can somehow stop it.

I guess I can sort of forgive that though, it was always a background thing regarded in game as tall tales. So in my mind I always interpreted that as:

>a real thing that will happen but overhyped because thats how prophecy do

Ciri is basically a demigod so if you factor in the White Frost being a magical force of nature, but not the literal unstoppable force it is described as then I can let that slide.

Don't get me wrong though, could have been done better, the latter half of the main story feels like CDPR blew their load early and were trying to spend the remainder of the game getting it up again. I still think its the best game I've ever played though.

The Wild Hunt and the Elves weren't shown to be the same thing in the books. And the first game presented the Wild Hunt as avatars of Death itself.
And Death played a big role in the book, interacting with both Triss and Geralt. And then the whole Death angle was completely put aside in the second and the third game.

Good thing the games aren't canon.

The White Frost was literally just an inevitable ice age every world goes through eventually, it makes no sense to recast it as a malicious power

I think the Red Riders were shown to be the same thing was the Wild Hunt in the books. It's hard for me to pinpoint where, because it's been a long fucking time.

Kaer Morhen should have been the end of the game tbqh. The real ending lacked the emotional oomph and all the characters that were used in the battle for Kaer Morhen.

Something I never understood is where did Ciri go? What the hell was she supposed to do? and how did she manage to return?

Nah, man, I reread the book saga this summer and there was nothing that connected Elves and the Hunt. But to be fair to CD Project, there was also nothing in the books that showed they couldn't be one and the same thing.

I didn't have a problem with it. The story is a father and daughter story. It's cool how the Wild Hunt didn't give a big exposition on their plans and shit like the evil baddies in most JRPGs because that's of no interest to them. They're there do what they need to do and that's it.

I suppose consider the following, if the WF stayed as you described, how do you even write around that let alone create a conclusion to a game that isn't schlocky, or just bad. Sure the multiple endings could do that, but at least one of all of them would have you rolling your eyes which would be bad.

>Ciri stopped the inevitable force of death by magic
>Ciri didn't stop it and everyone is dead, I just spent 60+ hours for literally no payoff
>This other ending seems a bit contrived too

I will admit that I do not remember the novels as well as I should, however there's the fact that Ciri is being chased by the Wild Hunt when she reappears in the Witcher world

No, their world was dying in the books as well. Not because of the white frost, though, but because the elves are literal retards.

They destroy a world, travel to a new one. From there they send the Wild Hunt out to get slaves. Once the new world is at its ressources end they look for a new world. They did that until the Conjunction of Spheres decided to cockblock them hard.

The White Frost was only due to arrive in thousands of years though, you don't need to have an immediate solution

Agreeeeeeeeed. The main quest post KM felt tacked on, like at some point in development they were just like GUYS THE MAIN STORY NEEDS 20 MORE HOURS.

Luckily TW3 has a lot of other content to stand on.

I'm all for HUMANITY FUCK YEAH but that's a bit disingenious
>They did that until the Conjunction of Spheres
That just makes no sense m8
They only started taking slaves once humans appeared and made them fuck off their world

>The story is a father and daughter story
She is not your fucking daughter thought, she is just some random girl you got cucked into taking care for

Yeah I actually agree. I think though the WF was more or less just a point of game play convenience for them to trigger the end game states. At that point is when your decisions up to that point dictate which ending you get. Which seems sort of silly, but oh well.

No, user
She is Something More

>Ciri
>just some random girl you don't even know

Calm down m8.

My ultimate point is this: Avallac'h told Ciri that the goal of Aen Elle was such:
"We will evacuate the Aen Seidhe from the dying world in which they live. Our brothers to whom we owe help. We couldn't live with the awareness that we missed something in order to save them. And we will save them, we will evacuate everyone who is threatened in this world. Everyone, Zirael. Even the humans."
But in the games they want to use Ciri to transport themselves out of their dying world into the world of humans and Aen Seidhe. But why the fuck would they want to do that, if they know that "our" world is threatened by the Frost as well?

Oh right, Ciri can die against the WF right?
Would be kinda silly to have her die against one of the faggot Elves after you had her destroy everyone easily

They had slaves before the humans. Also humans didn't make them fuck off their world, the hell are you talking about? The humans made elves fuck off in the witcher world, but witcher wotld is neither the humans nor the elves homeworld. Both stranded there because of the conjunction.
And humans fucking with the Aen Seidhe is something the Aen Elle gave no fucks about.

There's your key word "threatened".

Both Aen Seidhe and Aen Elle are the original natives of the witcher world, they got sundered in the Conjunction

From what I remember Avallac'h was a pretty hood guy in the books. It might have been his motivations, or what they told him. But it was not the master plan that the Aen Elle king and Eredin had.

>But in the games they want to use Ciri to transport themselves out of their dying world into the world of humans and Aen Seidhe
Is this definitely 100% true?
I remember that they dropped the whole "we need Ciri to fuck us" plot point, but I thought they still wanted to go to another world in the game

This shit is the exact same thing as Mass Effect 3 with the Reapers.
>lol wait I forgot you can stop them xD

Aen Elle king and Eredin wanted to "save" humans from their world, but then they would have enslaved all of them. Ciri leaves shortly after figuring that out.

At one point they did considered splitting game in two, due to the size of the project, so I think if they went with this plan they would end the main game with battle in Kaer Morhen, then release properly fleshed out Act 3 as an expansion, but I guess they decided against splitting main story like that.

Which is factually wrong. It's thought that the original inhabitants were dorfs and gnomes. But it's not explucitly stated anywhere.
However, it's explicitly stated that both stranded there. The elves came a few hundreds to thousand years begore the humans and all act like humans are the invaders, but they themselves invaded as well.

The Aen Elle were world wanderers. Nomads. The Aen Seidhe were those who decided to stay, who didn't want to wander anymore.

Im sure it's Eredins plan to bring the elves into the human world

Speaking of problems with the main story and their connections to book canon, whatever happened to unicorns. They were a crucial part of Ciri's story, then they never make an appearance in the games besides Geralt and Yen's sextoy.

>Would be kinda silly to have her die against one of the faggot Elves after you had her destroy everyone easily
Geralt was killed by some random peasant with a pitchfork just after carving a bloody trail across a continent and killing an insanely powerful wizard.

The Witcher is a great series both books and games but it is very flawed.
Especially hated how the writer lovec killing people.

Except that Ciri noticed that Red Riders had exact same armors as Wild Hunt did and she was chased by the Hunt right after escaping from their world. I think it's pretty clear they supposed to be one and the same.

The White Frost was a fucking global coldness! It wasn't some weblee wublee magic shit, it was a natural event.
How could they fucked up so much?

Now hold up while it's true that the Conjunction brough in the "forehumans" the humans who reside now (Northern Kingdoms, Nilfgard etc) established after the "First Landing" which is supossed to have happened like 700~ years ago. According to folklore they were exiles but no one knows from where. Also Aen Sheide elves came way before the Conjunction to settle the world