What the fuck is with the pacing in this game? It feels so rushed

What the fuck is with the pacing in this game? It feels so rushed.

>pacing

True. I am also 100% sure that all character exposition was removed from the game only to be put into the anime, movie and what else there might be. The game would have been a true master piece to stand the test of time if it had everything in the game.

That ending only had 10-20% of the impact it would have had if we knew everything about the characters behavior like why etc.

yeah everything after Lucis is trash except for the train attack which only lasts 10 fucking minutes

>FFXV
>Rushed
It feels like MMO quests. Fast travel to the nearest location, take a chocobo to the destination, decimate the enemies with linked back attacks, then fast travel to the turn in spot.

Also getting the upgraded weapons as early as possible helps. Still kind of sucks how the Ultima single handed sword is worse than mid level two handed swords.

Quest list mentality ruined the game

It was rushed. Actual dev time was 3 years and tabata wanted another 6 months on top of it instead of the two months delay he got in September

The lack of cutscenes disappointed me.

The ending was great though.

1. they had 3/4 years to fulfill a game concept that had been overcooked for the previous 6/7 (e.g. it was being pitched as a trilogy), on new hardware and with a new engine (and thus unable to recycle versus 13 content)

2. the discovery of something new, interesting, and compelling in the road trip angle was in direct conflict with the traditional ff drama - it's already weird when the guys' response to their hometown getting nuked is to go take selfies on mountans; imagine if that sort of thing was happening all the time

3. the focus therefore was to double down on road trip content (tons of character interactions, dungeon exploration, etc.), make the first and last bits of the game as strong as possible, and then fill out whatever they could in the middle given the alloted time/resources

how much of that was good/bad/right/wrong/whatever, and whoever may or may not be to blame for the situation developing to what it was, is kind of academic in the long run

It's the lack of FMVs that disappointed me, really. There's only, like, 3 in the whole game.

Seriously? 3? Fuck, it was a trademark of FF, what the fuck happened.

And like 2 of them are ripped straight from the movie

Tell me about it. Just did Titan and Gladio went from top bro to extreme rage in the time it took for Noctis to powerslide through one of those loading trick holes.

Speaking of which, does the game stop shitting itself at any point so I can go back to travelling around and doing side quests without feeling like the world is going to explode or am I in the final stretch already?

It's like the game was made by an incompetent dev team led by a complete and utter hack.

They went overboard with XIII's FMVs and the 360 version ended up needing two discs and a general downgrade on the videos themselves. They cut back on it for the next two games, so that explains those.

In XV's case, I guess they thought the movie and Omen trailer were enough. It sucks.

>The opening movie
>Luna's Goodbye
>The Final Sacrifice
>ripped straight from the movie

No.

I never said they were ALL ripped from the movie. Lucis' fall and Noctis' dream sequence were although I think his dream was from a trailer or some shit

would like to know this also

Those were added in with the day one patch. They only play for about 20 seconds each, so they don't even count in my opinion.

Excluding those 2 , you've got 3 FMVs.

I never denied there were 3 FMVs you goofball

What chapter are you in? And what are you doing right now exactly.

I get it now. It's just here it seemed like you were saying 2 of the 3 were ripped from the movie, so I went into "well acshually" mode.

My bad, bruh.

Not sure. 4 or 5? Maybe 6. Well anyway those damn dirty greenmen stole my car so I'm touching Ramuh's stones and getting lectured by dead(?) women about rings and stuff.

You're on chapter 5. You can do quests and stuff right now, but you gotta go everywhere by foot or chocobo. Just do some hunts and some of Wiz's quests for now and continue with the story. You get the Regalia back at the end of the chapter.

Gentiana is great. I just want to jack off with her hair.

Alright, cool. I got way too far ahead in levels for the main story so I stopped doing side quests. Thanks bud.

Sounds painful dude. Well, follow your dreams!