What was your biggest 'THERE IT IS! THERE IT IS! THERE IT IS! THERE IT IS!' moment in vidya?

What was your biggest 'THERE IT IS! THERE IT IS! THERE IT IS! THERE IT IS!' moment in vidya?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vpFhRfrdtd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Honestly, collectathons aside, I remember my heart racing as the finish line was coming towards me in Amplitude on expert for the song Robot Rockers

Aside from that, getting the Big Boss (dbl points) card in metal gear acid after savescumming and opening packs for about 4 hours straight.

a shiny starter in pokemon silver. took about 2 weeks.

Getting Feebas in Ruby.

That or finally getting Geddon2 in Megaman Battle Network 3. The last chip is always a bitch to get.

Discovering the hidden towers in Tomba 2, I remember searching for them for weeks before nearly giving up.

Then at pure random I tried the summoning song in an out of the way location, and sure enough I found it, I freaked out. The best part was I found the other two quickly afterwards.

Shiny Porygon took that 900+ eggs

Pure Darkmoonstone in Demon's Souls

>Never encountered a shiny outside of hatching eggs
>Rarest drop I ever got was a jar of sand(1/2000 chance) from Kalphite Queen who takes a fuckton of time to kill consistently
>The Jar does absolutely nothing and the next rarest on the drop table was a pet.

NEVER EVER FUCKING LUCKY

Figuring out the use of Braille and finding the three regis in ruby. One of the few things I liked about gen 3

Probably mount farming this asshole for weeks

Trying to find this fag in cyber sleuth along with collecting all the shitty coins.

>Tfw getting it out of the blue while traveling on my Hunter

>tfw got this using the noodle cart exploit
>Didn't get to experience the fun from farming forever

Closest thing I could compare to is getting Rivendare's Deathcharger, my favorite mount overall. Over 500+ runs a week for months, and I finally got it before Wrath of the Lich King came out.

>drop rate increased to 1%
>now everyone has it

Farming shit in RO
There were so many shit with low drop rates that I don't even remember what they were

You know BlackAgu's preorder exclusive, right?

MW Flip Slaughter in my 5th case.

>Tfw you found him instantly because you were aware of his existence when most people were trying to hit 80

THIS

Fucking 5 years later and I got it only an hour after getting the second to last trophy. As soon as that platinum popped I shelved that game so damn quick but after getting it, it was as if I took the biggest shit in my life and felt instant relief.

Getting a Mirror of Kalandra in PoE it's pretty much the winning the lottery
you can play the game every day for several years and never get one
the fucking developers e mail you to congratulate you for getting one

D3 weapon I sold for $50. Not the luckiest man alive.

I just got my first self 6link in Path of Exile

was on a Lightning Coil I bought on a whim, got in in 40 fusings

bought for 3c and sold it later for 8ex

pretty good

100%ing F-Zero GX. Game was super fun, but holy shit is it difficult.

Is there a confirmed drop percentage for it or just estimations?

>only shiny I've ever seen was a Geodude who self-destructed on me
feels bad man
I got the PokeRus and a Light Ball but never found another shiny again.

Outside of Pokemon, probably the Sword of Kings in EarthBound.

>"They are over a thousand times rarer than Exalted Orbs and only a tiny fraction of players will ever find one as a drop."
I dont play too much but the game has dropped me 4 or 6 Exalts, and I have been playing since closed beta

>Come to Sup Forums
>Ask in the demon souls thread
>Someone gives me their duped pure bladestone

You guys could have had it easy.

shit sorry this was ment for you

Nice def level

>'THERE IT IS! THERE IT IS!'
Easily this
youtube.com/watch?v=vpFhRfrdtd0

I have fucking four shiny Geodudes from hordes

Finding the last gem or whatever the generic collectables in toy story 3 ps3 where. Needed them all to get my first platinum

Not my account I just grabbed a random picture of kq pet.

"PROTECT BREAK!"

Came here to post this

DATA DRAIN

YOUVE LEVELED DOWN

THE ENEMY IS NOW MORTAL

Don't know if anybody will know about these challenges, but I got gold medals on all of the Vettel Challenges in Gran Turismo 5 on PS3.

They were batshit insane hard and it took a while, but it was fun.

Oh god this motherfucker

>Getting A Rank on all Sonic Adventure 2 missions. Finding a lot of the treasure hunting shards on hard mode was like this
>Getting the last few missing Custom Moves on Smash 4
>Blindly running into secret characters in Melee
>Finding the warp ability in Kid Icarus:Uprising

Getting all the ships on R-Type Final

Collecting diary pages for this son of a bitch.
I doubt anyone can relate.

>tfw I'll never punish myself and get the platinum because they shut off the servers so I can't get the dumb picture upload trophies

I really wish I could experience racing for 24 hours straight

A N K A R A

Leaping Boots on my first try as a lvl15 THF after soloing Leaping Lizzy. I think WoW was still in closed beta.

>metin 2
Wow, finally met someone on here who played this game.

this demonic pct skin for anubis in smite. had to do a lot of quests and drop some cash, but he's cool.

Recently it was getting Super Vegito in dokkan battle off of a random single
2nd place for recent was pulling SSBKK Goku in dokkan
Of all time however was probably being a dumbshit kid and playing so many matches with A.I.s in Melee that I got Mewtwo; you should've seen my face when it happened.

You better be Chunjo master race user or else I'll have to kill you and then repeatedly hack on your dead body from the back of my horse so you can never get up again.

Farmed this thing during wrath of the lich king before quitting wow.

you guys might give me shit for it but this moment right here.
im at little health, the music kicks in, and i basically find out im playing one of my favorite games of all time.
i was just having such a damn good time i couldn't believe it.
it was also the cherry on the cake since i played every single metal gear leading up to it.

I've never fucking found Feebas throughout my entire childhood. Fuck you Game Freak.

if you followed a guide it's literally impossible to NOT get it

Me and a bunch of mates did it one year. We turned it into a bit of a party and got beers and snacks and did the 24hr Le Mans race.

Was a blast, would recommend.

realistically, monster fusing in nocturne for hours trying to get the right moves

Final levels in rhythm games when you finally enter the zone and nail it perfectly.

Pic related mostly for myself but I know people know this feel on other games.

G E R M A N Y

>Chapter 7

WoW was full of this, just before I stopped in 2006.

When my guild finally dropped Onyxia, I spent most of my DKP on this helmet that dropped. It was sort of a send-off thing for me... I had finally got that thing which I had envied most was but was always out of reach. Those epic geared players you saw from time to time - I was now one. Game was done, could move on.

I shit you not, I won the cycle 4 version of the Golden Roshan during Diretide, sold it for 9100$ to a chinese guy that I met in NY.

>barbarians

This but for the No Damage Run.

>That Insane amount of parrying and conscious effort to avoid the small bit of damage when the tosses the smoke.

i went full batshit insane.
if you dont Bloodlust the shit out of him he starts his combos and then it was hell

Probably when I hatched a shiny Deino after a month of hatching eggs in Pokemon Y. Out of all the shiny hunts I've ever done, that was the one that almost broke me.

I really don't know, too much rare shit in RO i'll never get back since servers kept dying left and right anyway. Most of the luck in that game is basically getting a series of 1/100 items after upgrading less rare items in a succession of times (chances of breaking) and then finally being able to combine them. But I don't think I've ever gotten a single insanely rare drop to mind.

Finally finding Black Liver Beans in Xenoblade

Getting Metalzoa in YGO Forbidden Memories then getting rekt by Seto3 and losing it.

Triggering and catching the Phororharcos in Jambo! Safari.

onyxia.

how is it different from any other 'shiny hunt' involving hatching?

not him but deino has a long hatch time

I spent most of my gaming life playing Ragnarok. Most of those moments for me were related to getting card drops in that game.

In iRO back when they first started doing daily repeat "Gramps" quests, one of the first ones they made was a kill count quest in Geffenia. I had played RO for a long time but I was trying an official server for the first time and had started weeks before. Over that one week that particular mission lasted, I farmed Geffenia in a party every day, and every single day a card dropped and I managed to fetch it before the 11 other people in the party. My account's net worth must've multiplied by 5 to 7 fold in that time.

Although it was private servers, the card drops rates were still very low. Getting that one MvP drop you needed would always give me that ballistic feeling as well, specially if it was from an MvP that had heavy competition.

Getting the black spindle and it's ship (that is a legendary drop)

I swear I haven't gotten so exited getting something in vidya like this in a long time.

[Shrieking in BR monkey language, followed by incessant clicking]

Every single time I found a rare material for weapon crafting in Castlevania: Curse of Darkness

EVERY
FUCKING
RARE DROP
IN CASTLEVANIA: HARMONY OF DESPAIR

>Chain fishing for shiny Carvanha in ORAS
>Finally run into one after hours of concentration not to miss a bite
>Have mew as my first pokemon, get its health down to 1hp
>Take picture and send it to my friend saying FINALLY
>Look back at screen, it is dead

I didnt realise my Mews ability was the one that synchronises it with the enemy pokemons ability. Carvanha had rough skin or something, attacked my Mew, received damage in return. Died.

Getting Attumen's horse mount from Karazhan after farming him every week for more than a year

Bump for good feels

Mew's Synchronize is for status effects, you're thinking of Trace that copies enemy abilities which Mew doesn't have

Hmmm, then wtf could have happened??

Did it use take down?

No idea just checking its moves on serebii now. Im sure it was wild at like level 15-25 so dont think it would have that?

>tfw got zulian tiger before cata.
>tfw got rivendare recently

I dont know how I do it, I just keep getting this shit. I think I also got the raptor pet from Wailing Caverns like 6 times on Alts so far.

Maybe it had egg moves due to Dexnav? I barely played ORAS so I don't know how it works.

you're a lying sack of shit that's what happened

TN, IPS, IPS

Stealing the Fairy Flute first turn on that Giant Boss in FFIX.

Legitimately ran into a shiny Machoke in FireRed, shiny Miltank in SoulSilver, and shiny Crustle in White2

>Pure Bladestone in Demon's Souls
>No-damage fight against Senator Armstrong in MG: Revengeance
>Mile High Club on Veteran in Modern Warfare

Interestingly, most gotcha moments are from newer games even when my favorite games are generally older. Dunno why that is, perhaps while older games are generally harder, I just generally completed them normally without trying any challenges like stuff above.

what is with nintendo and their screen lottery bullshit?

Wait was Feebas rare? I had like 4 and saw them all the time

>grinding for shinies
>spending days to find shinies
>forcing shinies
>caring about mere automated palette swaps
>thinking more than 1% of the shinies look better than the colors they were intended to have

I'm talking about the stupid missions.

Metal Slimes in the original Dragon Warrior for the NES. Holy God, those things were total fuckers.

... Batman?

Her card with my Star Gladiator 7 years ago...

>everyone hypes up what a shitshow this thing is to farm
>get it without farming when I first enter the area and kill everything on my way around the map

Was the first time I've ever had a "dropped the first time for me" thing in a game. Felt good.

>Own the game since release
>Complete every Cup in every difficulty
>Still can't finish story mode

They are not exactly "rare" is just that you can only encounter them in 1 single tile in a lake in the entire game, and is randomized every time you start a new game or talk to a specific npc in the 2nd gym.
it was tedious more than anything, because you had to fish every single tile of that lake to find them, once you found it, you get them like magikarps

Getting all 155 Silver Monster Medals in Dragon Quest III GBC after grinding for weeks. The stupid fucking Boss Troll medal never fucking drops for some reason so it took me several days to get that one.

Absolutely not fucking worth it. Gran Dragon is the lamest hidden boss fight ever. Whoever thought that monster medal shit was a good idea should be shot.

>I spent the last 36 days SRing for a shiny Giratina
>I've been practicing for this for a long time
>.........I'm gonna use Bide