speedtest.net/result/5891413991.png
speedtest.net/result/5902188796.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because master race

>can be bought 10/10
>cant be bought 6/10
>can be bought 10/10
Woah

The PC version was a technical disaster.

Because shitty unoptimized ports?

It almost makes you think that journos are shit at reviews

kek pc "gaming"

Oh man that sure is the reason here

When the game launched, it was unplayable. Horribly optimized and the visuals were glitched to hell. I guess the score never recovered but that's why Steam now has "recent" versions of recommendation scores.

I still don't get how it could run smoothly on last gen consoles but blowing up one car on PC damn near caused the game to come to a complete stand still.

More than the technical issues, it's Steam+GFWL+Securom+Rockstar social club

Literally bloat on bloat.

And it still doesn't run proper with my 1080 GTX

>IGN : 1 reviewer
>Gamespot: 1 reviewer
>Steam: actual players
Not to mention that Gamespot is known to adjust scores to not piss of companies so they withdraw their ads(see Gerstmann and Kane & Lynch). IGN is probably doing the same

Bad port.
Okay game.
Fuck your DLCs.

shitty game, shitty port.
plain and simple

>phone-poster
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Journalist | Customers | Journalists
Also, we have a larger amount of games to choose from, so we have higher standards.

This how 'porting' works.

>Game developers make games with consoles in mind

>Suddenly a load of PC crybabbies make a petition to get the game on PC

>PCucks keep kicking up a fuss to get console games ported to their platform (because they have no other good games)

>Game developers cave in but are unable to dedicate the resources to the PC port because they either have no experience or didn't have the PC in mind

>PC players get a port but it isn't to their increasingly impossible high standards because they have $1000 PC's and demand 140fps

>Game gets ported, developer is widly regarded as 'shit' by the PC players and because they're so shit is why the game didn't work as well on PC when it was never initially going to go to PC to begin with

And this is why Dark Souls II was so shit graphically.

>at least you can play the game on windows 10
Unlike LA Noire.
Fucking rockstar.

It wasn't though.

because they got cucked as usual

>trusting paid reviewers

>And this is why Dark Souls II was so shit graphically.
>It's PCs fault DS2 looked like shit
O AM I LAFFIN, the souls games have never been impressive from a technology standpoint.

>mocks PC gamers
>posts from a phone
I actually feel bad for you

I know you're shitposting but Das2 was shit graphically because it had to be downgraded for consoles.

I played that not too long ago on Win10 though. Just as usual the GFWL shit is a mess.

The Steam version doesn't even start on many modern systems.

>it could run smoothly on last gen consoles
Naw dude, it really didn't run well on either platform.

this, along with games for windows live

Damn, guess it's just me. Still works fine for me on a windows 7 but the game won't launch on my w10 machine.

>Cucks rate
>1-9 = its shit
>10 = paid reviewers

yeah right dont listen those retards

Because IV was broken on steam for about three years you retard

Steam is filled with poorfags that get butthurt when a game doesn't run on their 2007 PC and make a negative review. 90% of the "pc master race" is using toasters with worse specs than current gen consoles.

Next time try manually installing the social club shit or whatever from Rockstar's website. I think that could be it. It usually is that or GFWL anyway.

>DaS looks better than DaSII when it was originally on consoles
>Somehow it's consoles fault

Dark Souls I had very quite impressive detail put into the player armor and weapons considering it was developed for consoles. Might even argue it keeps up with the more modern titles :^)

Yeah, I'll have to look into that at some point.

this
also this

That's a texture mod for DaS1 surely. There's no way they put that much detail into a texture that was only intended to be seen at 1024x768 resolution.

It is. Vanilla DS1 looks like ass garbage fucking aids with ten tons of blur ontop.

Just stop with the shitposting mentality for a moment and think about it.
The original footage we were shown for das2 looked way better than the final product. The only reason that comes into mind is that the preview builds were on pc but couldn't be made to run well enough on console hardware, resulting in them having to gimp the game graphically to ensure parity across paltforms.

It's got no texture mods, funnily enough the assets in the vanilla game are top notch, but you just can't make it out due to the low rendering resolution the game's ran in.
When you up the resolution via dsfix the details become much more discernible.

>there are anons on Sup Forums right FUCKING now who don't believe PCucks are the worst userbase

lmao what? I have Windows 10 on my laptop and I run LA noire at a rock solid 60fps

>''master race''

Good for you, I have w10 on my laptop and I can't even launch the game in the first place, the rockstar club window comes up but the game won't launch.

t. sonygger

I guess I can believe that. It's possible they made those art assets before they decided to cut down the game's resolution to fix performance issues.

You notice similar things when you emulate some PSP games at high resolution, the models and textures are often way more detailed than the original 480 x 272 resolution would do justice to.

GFWL

Couple of things today, ladies

1: Dark Souls was tuned down. Dramatically. With purpose. From Software explicitly stated that "due to inexperience, Dark Souls can never be turned up to 60 FPS on PC or Console"
And yet, with a minimal amount of fuss, and light modding, Dark Souls can easily achieve 60 FPS on PC. You can patch this in about 5 minutes, including download time. Admittedly, some parts were just straight poorly done, like Blighttown. Everyone I know got framerate drops there. Either way, From Software was caught in a blatant lie. And this was just the first game.

Bloodborne was Console Exclusive so that consoles could compete and have something good that didn't get sent to PC.

When we complain about a game being console exclusive, it's because it genuinely looks good, and we want to play it on our high end rigs (mine is actually a piece of shit, but whatever) without blowing another few hundred dollars just to play one or two titles at a lower resolution and framerate.

We're complaining loudly so that developers will hear us and actually do a PC port. We're openly stating "WE WILL BUY YOUR SHIT IF IT WORKS".

So explain this to me:
Why is it that a developer will work their ass off to ensure a game can work on the Xbox One, and the PS4, but will suddenly get cold feet about delivering to the PC market with the same attention to detail?

Seriously, just reverse this scenario for a minute. Let's say GTA V was designed with PC in mind, instead of with the PS4 and Xbox One. But they release a console port anyway. You go out, blow $60 on it, plus Day 1 DLC or whatever, head back home after a day doing whatever the fuck you do. Ready to go and be a nigga for a few hours, blow off some steam, blow shit up.

Cont.

>cont.
>doesn't already have his reply typed out
back to redddit

That's exactly what's up.

>Why is it that a developer will work their ass off to ensure a game can work on the Xbox One, and the PS4, but will suddenly get cold feet about delivering to the PC market with the same attention to detail?
This is changing very fucking fast now though. The Steam releases of Dark Souls have literally made more money for FROM than the console releases. This is why Dark Souls 3 is a pristine port. The only reason Bloodborne is a console exclusive is because Sony paid for it to be.

holy shit, newfag much?

Yes it was. Your opinion on GTAIV's port means nothing if you didn't witness the disaster when it happened. A toaster can run GTAIV fine now, but back when the PC version came out, it was ridiculously bad.

t. PCuck

Isn't that Portable 3rd HD Ver though? I believe that had some enhanced textures because it was a PS3 release, as well as a UI scaled for large TV screens.

that's because pcvirgins are fat greasy weeb recluses who value "muh gaming badge of honor" difficulty over fun game play. no surprise they made more with a series like souls on PC.

are you retarded my man

It is, I'm just using it to help prove the point, which is that greater resolutions allow for more details. Games like Freedom Unite or Dissidia don't look half bad either, though.

Because PC gamers dislike anything popular but like anything that's not mainstream.

> mfw Goat Simulator got a 9/10 on Steam

That's right, GOAT SIMULATOR got a 9/10.

The "PC Master Race" gave a game called Goat Simulator an almost perfect score.

Now do you see why we should ignore their comments about The Last Of Us, Fallout 4, Skyrim et al? Do you not see how out of touch with reality they are, so desperate to commend anything edgy and bitterly hate on mainstream titles. They are infantile, they crave any attention and because they can almost never get positive attention they resort to their only other option - negative attention. They generate hostility and argue over seemingly irrefutable things, deliberately go against the grain just to get a response. They call themselves The Master Race - which is the most autistic thing a human being can do, they were bullied in school for the same antics, but now they're protected from having their head flushed down a toilet via the Internet. They are ridiculous, they are simply and utterly ridiculous people i.e. Worthy of ridicule.

If you ever get caught up in a debate again re: PC gaming just remember this: Goat Simulator, 9/10, an almost perfect score. Picture them sat there with their winsome grin, running a simulation game involving goats at 1000fps and loving every single second of it.

In response to OPs point about why are they so contrarian, it's simply because they are utterly spasticated.

You pop in your disc, get to playing. Turns out that by default, the controls are not mapped. at all. You go through 10 minutes just calibrating the controller, ensuring sensitivity is just right. then it spends a while downloading a 1.01 patch.

"Oh good"

Nope, it just goes to shit. You play the game, watch your framerate tank. you're getting choppy animation at what you can only guess it about 5 frames a second. You're literally watching the environment draw with each frame.

random crashes, save file corruption ill fitting textures, a user interface too small to read from your couch, so you have to get up and move closer every time you want to see what you're doing.

You hit a smooth patch for a little while, though. Patch 1.02 seems to be okay ish. You try to go online, and it's a whole new clusterfuck there. People openly using exploits, literally runing the integrated online experience every fucking second.

Customer support doesn't give two shits, they have your money. You get vague promises of patches, that hackers will be banned, which "may or may not happen", considering video game history (Diablo II just did an annual sweep of suspicious accounts after a while, as it means thousands of people just went and bought new CD keys on a yearly basis to keep abusing the system)

Can you think of any games that pulled this sort of shit recently? Does any of this sound like any modern games from the past year or two?

actually, my internet is a piece of shit too. I'm pretty sure I'm being routed through China, because I drop down to slower than dial up at times. I'm not kidding.

speedtest.net/result/5891413991.png

speedtest.net/result/5902188796.png

I will see both ends of speeds like this in the same night. And constant disconnects too.

Because thats how people use textures, theres an original high res one, and then they reduce it to fit your needs.

>yfw the worst pc port is still better than the console version

>has clearly never even looked at goat simulator.

Nigger, I know you are trolling, but you know it's basically GTA, right?

The Last Of Us.

Kek'd

Had to check this for myself, that is unreal hahaha

fucking newfag fuck off

What about it?

Absolutely not.

t. mustard

> picture them sat their with a grin on their face running goat simulator at 1000fps

10/10 would read again

Explain. The console version of gta iv runs at sub 720p and sub 30fps, and it looks like a blurry mess. I ran it at 1080p and around 45fps with better graphics on release.

Actually, yeah it is. You get the choice between mouse and keyboard aiming, it has better graphics, and runs at a higher framerate. You also have access to mods.

In 2009 I might have recommended you buy the console version of GTA4, but given the fact that any old PC can run it these days, I'm going to have to tell you not to.

The Last Of Us.

> the most awarded game in the history of gaming

Pirate versions work fine on both games

> desperately obsessing over aesthetics

Fucking millennials are destroying gaming.

But those games are genuine shit. Goat simulator is fun as fuck

Kek

GTA 4 was awful.

>9gag/reddit meme pic
this is why no one takes you seriously

Well sorry man, I just don't like playing games that look like they've been smeared in vaseline.

The Last Of Us = shit

> most awarded game in the history of gaming from any platform

Goat Simulator, 9/10, "fun as fuck"

> it's called Goat Simulator
> Given an average score of 50% or less on other reviews other than Steam

Keep fighting the good fight user, you're not embarrassing yourself, honest.

Why would game awards matter?

> drop the mic

Capped and saved my fellow Sup Forumstard, I'll be referring to this in the future. Fantastic work.

>Thinks Goat Sim is shit
>what a retard
>Doesn't even praise Allah

Do you even Maghrib?

You know that doesn't matter, right? Why should their opinions matter more than mine.

>normies opinions matter
Where did this meme come from?

Game was a pretty shitty port, had terrible performance on release, still has terrible performance now. I'm fairly certain V runs better on higher settings than IV does.

I can hear the sound effects. What was this video even called?

will be running on PC with a PS4 emulator in 5 years, maybe less.

The current gen will be easy since it's uses PC components instead of that Broadband chip the PS3 had. Now all it takes is reverse engineering their OS.

absolutely yes

t. underage

Cause console cucks wikl swallow any shit they are fed. They had to have it broken down and explained to them by pc gamers that no mans sky is shit and shaun is a liar. If they went Playstation exclusive NMS would be considered GOTY by those droolies.

Cinematic = shit

> Over 240 awards covering the whole range of qualities a game can offer
> literally more awards than any other game has ever received in the history of gaming
> awards dished out by relative experts in the field of gaming, who don't restrict their viewpoint and opinion to one type of gaming rig bias
> worldwide critically acclaimed

If you've actually ever played it and experienced it yourself first hand and didn't think it was a groundbreaking experience, you are in the absolute smallest of minorities - which, in fairness, is exactly where you want to be....

Enjoy Goat Simulator, I'll enjoy FF7 Remake and TLOU2.

Except I'VE literally never had a px game become unplayable. Glitches that do that are the norm on bethesda console ports on the other hand

There are exceptions for sure, take the fiasco that was Arkham Knight for example.

They patched it and it runs pretty well now.

And what was the problem with that? It couldn't be run at a solid 60fps? The console versions still ran at 30.

Hahahaha the fact that you think it's an achievement that you'll be able to play a game from 2013 in 5 years.

Ignoring the fact you can't even run a PS3 on an emulator and that's a decade old console, so don't know how you expect to get a PS4 emulator in 5 years.

Keep dreaming user.

>Video game critics
>Not even more incompetent than your average prole.
I'd sooner listen to Merkel for evidence of the Migrant Crisis being bad than listen to video game "journalists" for anything video game related.

Journalist score has never mattered.