Just bought this game since it's on sale for 30 bucks. What can I expect? Is it good...

Just bought this game since it's on sale for 30 bucks. What can I expect? Is it good? Are the reviews less than the "good game" average for any reason other than its episodic release format?

Also Bloodborne is on sale for real low-cheap. If you haven't played the best PS4/Souls game - as well as one of the greatest games of all time - do your brain a favor and buy it.

Was on sale at gamestop for 17$ on thanksgiving
sorry user

Its good, just play it, you already bought it retard
enjoy getting spoiled

Me too!

If you like replaying stages over and over and over then you will have a ball user, if not, then you just wasted your money.

>Are the reviews less than the "good game" average for any reason other than its episodic release format?

Yes. Always online.
The only other complaint there is, is that the sniper briefcase is gone.

Otherwise, it's pretty much agreed on to be a rival for Blood Money on best Hitman game

Sounds like I'm in for a good time.

I haven't set foot in that stinking cesspool of human waste in years.

fighting Lady Maria with my strength build while waiting for the download to finish.

>Are the reviews less than the "good game" average for any reason other than its episodic release format?
It's always online in some form as well. It's pretty demanding for not really amazing graphics. And some people are really autistic about smaller non-issues. All things that drive people wild really. It's pretty good.

I didnt have to
bought it online, redeemed through steam nerd

Some of the minor issues include things like the game not having any elevators for some reason, and the lack of a sniper briefcase.

The game is otherwise pretty fantastic. Interesting level design with a lot of density (people are still finding new ways to play maps that came out months ago), and they're constantly adding new content. Escalations, custom contracts, bonus content, etc.

As an example of the kind of stuff they add: they took the Paris map, added a bunch of Christmas content (decorations everywhere, you hear Santa's evil laugh whenever you kill someone, etc.), and added new targets (Harry and Marv from home alone), along with some other map changes. This was all free.

It's pretty damn great.

I thought they patched that out senpai?

They changed it, but if it previously qualified for always online, then now it still qualifies for always online in my opinion.

Can you refund the complete season? I'm considering buying it but I hear the game has less than stellar optimization and there doesn't seem to be a demo.

I think so. Just be under the 2 hour limit and you'll be good to go.

Play with no HUD or music for max immersion

I'd play with no HUD for the purist experience, but is there any way to tell if you're trespassing or what the alert levels are at without a hud?

Just do it when you know the levels well enough, it's 10/10. You can leave the little white thing on that fades in as people notice you and makes the whoooosh sound, but there's no other way to tell if you're doing bad stuff or what the alert levels are.

it's honestly the best hitman game

Is Contracts closer to SA or BM ?

SA

if you turn off music, does it turn off ambient music like the habib music playing in the marrakesh market?

>but is there any way to tell if you're trespassing

If you hear a guard going "Hey sir you're not allowed here. Please leave" you're trespassing

No, all ambient sounds coming from the map stay on, just the music turns off. Headphones or surround sound with no music is great.

I dont know whether to get this or bloodborne

It was $14.99 for the complete edition on their online store a few days ago.

Bloodborne complete is the greatest action RPG ever made (if you take the time to form your own educated take on the game's story)

>the greatest action RPG ever made

lol lets not go crazy

Name 1 superior option.

Dark Souls