Racing games

Does Sup Forums have a list of all time best racing games or something?

Haven't played them in 10 years but what I enjoyed as a kid was

>NFS Underground 1/2
>NFS Most Wanted (2005)
>Burnout 3
>Gran Turismo 4
>Mario Kart

Other urls found in this thread:

codemonkey.me.uk/rollcage_extreme.php
codemonkey.me.uk/rollcage_redux.php
store.steampowered.com/app/473770/
humblebundle.com/sierra-bundle-strikes-again
youtube.com/watch?v=xSpRLipVi9M
youtube.com/watch?v=fm0Mg0T2Sl0
youtube.com/watch?v=zuOs2qzRNGI
youtube.com/watch?v=e5ann2S9Jvw
youtube.com/watch?v=eMXKt99W61A
youtube.com/watch?v=ytCqFu-HJWc
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Go_hmHv7U
youtube.com/watch?v=KRYUCstIdfM
youtube.com/watch?v=fanfk_d8S5E
youtube.com/watch?v=HhRH2qHIDPM
youtube.com/watch?v=HNpIh-PcoNI
youtube.com/watch?v=ajmI1P3r1w4
youtube.com/watch?v=oliApB4QolA
youtube.com/watch?v=dhldbymXK-8
youtube.com/watch?v=FSntJBXRJck
youtube.com/watch?v=e9k6wf36lT4
youtube.com/watch?v=dp9ch-dAKk0
youtube.com/watch?v=WnKOn6B2p0c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

too many to list

I just ordered the last copy of NFS underground 2 from a local store and then I see this thread. Pretty spooky tbqh.

But man, the customization in Underground 2 is unreal. Imho it's the best racing game. Or atleast the best street racing game.

A little bit more modern but the Crew is also pretty nice. Gigantic map, many cities etc

You should give Midnight Club 3 Remix a shot if you think Underground 2 is unreal.

I need to go fast.

I'd rate MC2 above 3 simply because it has a little less bullshit from the a.i.

>Midnigh club L.A.
>NFS: MW
>NFS: Underground

Those are my goat racing games excluding Mario Kart.

flatout

I really liked Crash Bandicoot the huge adventure on gba .However , it got stolen like 10 years ago.idk if you even know it .but i was mad for that game when I was younger.

Midnight Club 2 is definitely somewhere near the top of the arcade racer throne.

Switch LA for MC3R and we're good. Most Wanted and Underground 1 means you understand.

NFSU1/2
CrashTTR
Sonic riders
Sonic All star racing transformed

Wreckfest just got updated and while i'm yet to try it (filthy pirate because there is no way i'm giving bugbear my money until the game is finished) it does sound like its fixed some of the underlying issues.

I will occasinally play Forza 6. The Forza Horizon series is too casual for my own taste. And not that the mainline forza games are hardcore simulators, there are a bit of arcade to them but the mechanics are still deep enough for me that the casual audience will never get into. Gran Turismo fell off for me after they released gt5 prologue but I will wait to see how gran turismo sport fares

Is there any good arcade/kart racers for the PS4?

>tfw only played the demo of this with my friend and had a blast but never bought the full game

I have it on steam gonna install again and see if it's better

codemonkey.me.uk/rollcage_extreme.php

codemonkey.me.uk/rollcage_redux.php

store.steampowered.com/app/473770/

The game is quite underrated and somehow (for a racing game) set itself up with a plot cliffhanger.

I'd love to but sadly Midnight Club isn't on PC afaik

EMULATE IT BITCH.

Wipeout and F-Zero are great too.

emulate initial d special stage
menus are in moonrunes but just trial and error until you learn them or check the gamefaqs guide

>Burnout 3
>not Burnout Paradise

off yourself my man

I thought it was decent but nothing special 7/10
Burnout is like 8,5/10

You first, bro

Hmmm. I'm not sure. It feels like such a hassle. I really love UG2 but I'm not sure if MG3 is really good enough that I should go through the process of emulating it while I could also just play UG2...

I'm really fucking autistic when it comes to Midnight Club 3 Remix. Here's the summary:

>PS2 NTSC
Aspect ratio is wrong, resolution is sub-optimal by PS2 standards, runs like shit
>PS2 PAL
Aspect ratio looks better, resolution is slightly better, runs like shit
>Xbox
Best version, nobody owns an Xbox
>Xbox 360 backwards compatibility
Won't boot on normal machines, needs hacked Xbox 360 to run, crisp resolution, 4x MSAA, has emulation slowdown. Pic related.

>want to get into racing games
>cost of entry way too high for extreme poorfag
>can't get a handle on playing Grid on a controller
Feels bad. I can't reconcile muscle memory and reactions from driving my shitbox mustang with a controller.

Lads Grid is free on humble bundle right now
humblebundle.com/sierra-bundle-strikes-again

When it comes to kart racers, Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed is definitely top tier. Arcade style drifting makes this game extremely satisfying to master.

Split/Second is also another racer that is amazing and criminally underrated. The music itself and had way more attention than it needed to. It's so Hollywood Blockbuster, you'd think it was ripped out of the latest summer movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=xSpRLipVi9M

Can you download Split second and get a working Multiplayer on pc?

It's a good game, and it's actually more difficult than most other kart games that get released. The only problem is that the non-sonic sega characters are very crappy.

Quick lads, the Steam sale in on!

What are the best racing games on sale?

Have a car for the trouble.

It got good performance emulating it to be fair at 4 or so times native resolution using DX11 hardware mode as my cpu cannot into pcsx2.

THIS.I wish there were more sonic character.
look at this fucking shit

ctr

Ridge Racer, the PS1 one

Most Wanted is so good

>Nobody owns an Xbox

What a shitty reality we live in. Fortunately, anybody who WANTS to own one can do it for cheap, on top of being the single most moddable console ever made.

At least that is better than this

i really hated the physics of that game for some reason, too jerky. While some characters were ok or fun the same amount of characters were really annoying. Outside of the characters, the game felt a bit soulless, borderline feverish limbo. Most of the cars i unlocked weren't that interesting either.

I did apreciate how the game didn't babby you and was pretty fucking hard, but i just kinda lost interest after a while. Some of the music was ok, but i preferred the detroit/chicago and d&b of 3. The physics and car customization was also really my type.

F-zero GX
Starwars episode 1 racer (no joke, this game is really fucking good)
Flatout 2
Mashed
Project Gotham 2 or 4
Midnight Club 3
Burnout 3
San Francisco rush: 2049 (physics don't hold up, but the tracks are insane)
Excitetruck (limited content, a very barebones game, scoring stars to win is gay and wagglan is crappy. But goddamn if it isn't riveting to play with someone. It's basically nintendo's take on flightsimulator X)

Omitted are simulator style games since i don't rally play them, i did dig up an old steering wheel and got GT-legends running. But i still have to get force-feedback to work and i'm a little lazy to set up the wheel all the time.

I thought Paradise was a terrible Burnout game personally.

Get some older arcadey nonrealistic titles designed for controllers.

thanks user, i was thinking about trying it a while ago

I'm cautiously hyped for wreckfest, whenever the fuck that is supposed to release.

...This is real

Comfy but you can't buy this.

brrrum dum dum

But this is the internet, so piracy always wins baby. Plus the game runs flawlessly on modern hardware.

Rush 2 for N64 is the best racing game I can remember from that era.

CHECKPOINT!

>terrible Burnout game
Yeah, when you expect a franchise to be the same thing it's always been, of course it's not gonna live up to it because it went into a different direction and for the better. It has a lot more replayability than any of the previous ones, especially 3.

Reminder that this masterpiece of modern music is burned into every Rush San Francisco cartridge.

youtube.com/watch?v=fm0Mg0T2Sl0

I dare you to find any better menu music than this
youtube.com/watch?v=zuOs2qzRNGI

grid 2
redout

Dirt Rally is extremely good.

I haven't played multiplayer. But the singleplayer challenges and unlock tiers were awfully repetitive. No retry options made it unneccessarily time-consuming. Once you figured out ideal routes (by spamming the pause/map function wich completely butchers the flow of the game but is pretty much necessary to beat anything. You COULD trial and error it completely blind but lmao no retry option makes it feel like beating your head into a wall) there were like 8 actual viable routes. So instead of a big variety of interesting courses, you get a huge unused space where you race just a few courses over and over.
It also features the absolute worst camera angle in a racinggame ever known to man.
(I literally put a rubber band over the grip of my controller that constantly pulled the right thumbstick upwards so i could see just a tiny percentage more of a shit of what was going on)

The open world in itself was alright, but wasn't thought out in the slightest to fit the burnout formula. I don't mind experimenting with a series, but i want it to happen within reason as to not hinder what made the series great and attracted players in the first place. If it does take a radically different direction, don't make it a burnout game.

If you want a burnout game, play earlier titles.
If you want an openworld racer, i'd reccomend midnightclub or something. Paradise failed at both.

Stunt was an ok addition i guess and the game looked nice/had some fun cars and interesting vertical leveldesign with a lot of ramps, so there's that.

youtube.com/watch?v=e5ann2S9Jvw

What's a racing game on Steam with people playing multiplayer online?

Is blur good? I like the ost. Shame I can't find a download of it anywhere.

If that's playing in the menus it's a tad to busy. Otherwise great shit.

It's Mario kart with real cars, pretty good with friends. i played the NOSTeam release. Look for that one.

It's ok. Powerups are pretty fun to use tactically.
But don't expect physics as good and rewarding as earlier Project Gotham titles, since they simplified it a lot. Crashing and flipping and shit is also really 'streamlined' and thus on rails, wich irked me a bit.

So a cautious recommendation that is probably a lot more fun with friends.

Oh yeah it's the title theme, oops.

Was hoping someone would post rollcage
is it me or is rollcage 2 significantly slower than the first game?

I really wanted this to be good

>IT'S TIME TO
>RIDE
>RIDE
>RIDEEEEEEEEE

nfs?

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME DOWN AND DIRTY RACING
*synthesized riffing*

Lostprophets had an unlockable car in Underground

>THAT song comes on
What's her name, Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=eMXKt99W61A

I love how this guy has tainted so many things from the early 00s

the 4k wipeout collection that's coming out

>tainted
blessed, I mean he's literally our guy.

Play Outrun 2/2S/2006 right now

>THAT song comes on
>gimme fue gimme fia gimme dubbajubbaza!

if by THAT you mean as positive hype music

youtube.com/watch?v=ytCqFu-HJWc

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Go_hmHv7U

youtube.com/watch?v=KRYUCstIdfM

youtube.com/watch?v=fanfk_d8S5E

F-zero X and GX

Gran turismo series (I can't believe these haven't been mentioned in this thread holy shit)

Crash team motherfucking racing is the perfect game

Mario kart 8 and double dash are fun with friends, DS for portable racing. The rest of the series is pretty overrated but these 3 are good.

Sonic racing transformed for you PC friends. It and double dash have a nice co-op campaign.

I either go "simulator" with gran turismo or full blown kart racer. What is the best arcade racer for gamecube/ps2/xbox? I've never played any midnight club or need for speed games
>TOP 3 CARS
>NSX
>WRX
>RED GAZELLE from fzero
>MY MAN KOOPA TROOPA

>that menu
>nice campaign
>great arcade rally feel

>I either go "simulator" with gran turismo
>gran turismo
>simulator
hehehe

>tfw no one remembers Juiced

youtube.com/watch?v=HhRH2qHIDPM

I put it in quotations for a this reason. Lets call it a "simcade" then. But it still requires precise braking and all the license tests and takes itself all seriously. It deserves to be set apart from the drifting goofy need for speed games as well as the super autistic PC sims. Not that those are bad at all, in fact I think the OP is onto something, we should have a recommended racing games list because I want to get into need for speed but dont know where to start.

I forgot to mention that GTA V has become one of my go-to racing games. Shit tons of cars and its fun to do pick up races as well as some really well-made tracks. Physics are surprisingly decent sometimes and its nice to be able to look at your collection in your garage.

Didn't the sequel for that end up being 'cancelled' despite being fully made?

Also how the fuck is no one posting Shutoku battle/tokyo xtreme racer/tokyo highway challenge?
I love the dreamcast ones, haven't played any of the others though. I remember when this game came out I didn't know it was part of the series so I ignored it and now i can't find a fucking copy anywhere.

Nah, it got made. Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights, IIRC.

Also, holy fuck anyone remember this game? Didn't it involve all your rides getting stolen?

As much as i adore F-zero X i wouldn't reccomend it to everyone. Playing it 'normally' with the physics isn't that exciting and feels unnatural, once you go crazy with the advanced bullshit techniques it gets really interesting though.
Worth experiencing for music, characters, cars and rad tracks alone though.

Thanks for pointing out sanic racing transformed has co-op campaign, my brother loves that.

TOP 3 CARS
-Sonic Phantom (f-zero x & gx)
-custom roadster (burnout 2, always yellow)
-Bullseye Naviors podracer (starwars episode 1 racer)

This is really fucking hard and i just picked the ones of series i used to enjoy where i had a single favourite. So many cars i like in videogames, goddamn.

>Lets call it a "simcade" then.
Yes, let's use correct terminology rather than incorrect terminology. I didn't think that needed to be explicitly stated.

i actually just finished playing Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift 2

i recommend it, emulates perfectly except for this 1 graphical bug thats easily remedied in PCSX2.

I remember, but it had this physics glitch where if you could just max steer into a corner while flooring the accellerator and you wouldn't lose momentum. So all your racing skills were pretty much unneccessary.

I can't even find a video of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=HNpIh-PcoNI

youtube.com/watch?v=ajmI1P3r1w4

youtube.com/watch?v=oliApB4QolA

youtube.com/watch?v=dhldbymXK-8

youtube.com/watch?v=FSntJBXRJck

youtube.com/watch?v=e9k6wf36lT4

youtube.com/watch?v=dp9ch-dAKk0

youtube.com/watch?v=WnKOn6B2p0c

these are all that song

>sequel never
>will never see this series on current hardware
Thanks, Rockstar

>Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights
Fuck, I had this. Good game, albeit gratuitous as fuck. It was nice just making a ride with a mate then taking our cars on the track constantly doing silly drifts then rinsing and repeating. Pink slip races were cool too, it was usually just easy money, though it wasn't impossible to lose, truth be told I did lose a few cars by fucking up.

i found underground 1 to have better gameplay especially with the drag races and drifting circuits but its been like a decade since ive touched them properly

i will say i found the city in underground 2 to be awesome at the time, and it felt a lot better than midnight club's

>rockport
>better than
>tokyo
>atlanta
>detroit
>paris
>san diego
>los angeles

come on now

I fucking loved Dirt 2 when it first came out, even when it was arcady as fuck. It felt like how a next-gen Sega Rally should feel, and I was absolutely okay with that then.

Shame about the PC version being kill because lolGFWL.

oh wait, i forgot it was called olympic city or whatever. rockport is MW.

That series went to shit when they started using real cars

what? save for the SLF450X they were all real cars, they just didnt have the names.

Rockport was Most Wanted. Bayview was Underground 2

Forza 2, 4, and Horizon are worth playing if you're trying to get back into the genre. Horizon 3 is the only one on PC though.

a truly forgettable name. nothing about that place stood out to me except for the circuits and drag races at the airport and the hills in the north.

Where do I find a PC dl of this game? It makes the GC version look like total ass.

If you want to get into need for speed start with porsche challenge, then play hot pursuit then high stakes, (optional: play underground 1/2 if you wanna rice) and save most wanted(original) for last. It's relatively short, decent car list and customization, cops are a fun distraction and the cinematic plot is unabashed kino (not really, but it ties in relatively well with the gameplay)

not him but, the pirate bay has a couple. although I had a problem with the game crashing when I tried to enter the dealership at the last area you unlock, not sure if it was the torrent or just me.

Alright, I'll check it out. Wish EA would stop retconning the existence of their older titles.

Can Horizon 3 be pirated without much hassle yet? I don't know if it'll run at all on my toaster

i generally hate the racing genre, but i loved:
NFS underground 1/2
F-Zero X

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3
Initial D Arcade Stage Version 4
Rush 2049 (arcade version)
Mario Kart 64
Mario Kart 8
Ridge Racer Type 4
Ridge Racer 7
Wipeout HD
Dirt Rally