How will they fuck up the online mode?

How will they fuck up the online mode?

No hardcore mode, that was the shit in RDR. Though it was available only in the goty version. I hate how you're always visible on the map in GTAO. Speaking of which I hope they've gotten their shit together with the lobby systems and horrible loading everywhere, RDR and GTAIV worked really nicely and then GTAO was just a mess. Wanna do a race? Sure, just let your phone pick one for you randomly

By making it anything like GTAO.
There is nothing redeeming about that garbage.

By making it like GTA Online, which won't make it bad but it will not be as good as redemption online, i've accepted it

By having one.

Its fun, and in wild west setting it could be funner but this game wont be redemption online levels of good certainly

got damn gta v is awful

GTA O ruined GTA V for me.

There still is no Story DLC... no halloween shit with prime assets IN GAME

Fuck Cockstar, ever since they sailed Bondi up the river after arguably one of the best Rockstar games, and wen't full jew mode with GTA Online.

I have little hopes for red Dead Redemption 2.

By making it like GTA Online

By making it a pseudo MMO instead of what people want, which is just a normal multiplayer mode.

I don't get it. I feel like a stick in the mud because my friends like it.
The whole system just feels like its designed to make you buy shark cards.
It's not progression to me, just a slog, and the loading times don't help.

Put down a $5 pre order on this the other day to please an exceptionally pushy GameStop employee, will probably never pick it up desu.

good sport, bad sport

controller aiming

Buy your New Texas Bucks Grab Bag today! Ride through the west with your armored stallion and buy your luxury log cabin today!

I'm sorry, but L.A. Noire was dogshit and Bondi deserved to be put out to pasture for that garbage. Couldn't even be bothered to finish it, and I've stuck through some terrible games.

>start mission
>makes you buy $2500 body armour because enemies are cheap as fuck
>finish flawlessly
>$1000 earned.

THANKS ROCKSTAR YOU NUTTED IN MY NOW CAN I GET OFF THE SHAFT?

Because it is. The only people who have time to grind as much as GTAO requires are NEETs.

sounds like someone needs to git gud...

cool opinion dude but you're a fucking cunt

>$1000 earned
>mission was 10 minutes
>new DLC gun costs $350,000,000

How do you defend this shit?

It will be GTAO in the wild west.

Shark Cards are now Bank Notes.

>makes you buy $2500 body armour
>makes you

yeah how dare they try to monetize a game they spent millions on developing over 5 years those kikes

It's going to be GTA Online in the wild west, you are retarded if you think otherwise.
Muh shark cards made too much money.

What I wonder is how they'll give you reasons to spend money.
In GTA V you have vehicles, but what could they possibly add here?
Horse armor?

>not playing heists/heist preps
>not playing madrazzo's missions
>not playing adversary mode
each one of those will earn you 10,000 minimum.

I've been wondering that too. Expensive clothes I guess? I mean even in GTA a shirt would cost like 20 thousand for no reason. Ranches?

bullets and pouches for guns

Which gun cost that much

I never experienced anything like that, though I do think that enemies are too accurate in general.

To me the worst flaw of GTAO's system is that it's just fucking boring.
Most of the missions don't pay out well, so nobody does them.
I remember just doing the same two or three missions over and over to grind money.
That shit is just fucking boring.

fancy western hats

Do heists, join /gtag/ and do VIP work or help people with crates/cars.
Buy an office, buy a car warehouse, and sell cars.
You get about 80k per car, and with /gtag/'s help, you can sell 4 at a time, making almost half a million in the process.

>We will never get Bully 2

This is hyperbole obviously, but yeah, especially a lot of the recent additions to the game are incredibly pricey and feel like shark card bait. That being said, it's not actually that hard to make a lot of money pretty easily, especially with the new stuff they've added with the Biker and CEO stuff. If you play with friends and do heists, contracts, VIP work, etc. while your biker businesses generate product to sell in the background, you can spend time fucking around and having fun while making a lot of cash. Even just playing for a couple hours a night after work I'm surprised at how much money I'm making. Never felt the need to buy a shark card luckily, not that I ever would.

Those last team standing ones are pretty good too, the ones where you're trying to shoot rockets at the other team who are driving cars or whatever. They're pretty fun too. But best way is to stumble on a modder who gives you money. Don't know if that happens on the new versions at all but on PS3 I had people drop money on me like six times. Of course then there was also the people who just set you on fire or something stupid like that

I used TT, got banned for a month, and my character's reset, but when I come back I don't think i'll miss much.
I mean, you buy all the cars you want, but you just end up driving one, the rest just ends up being decoration for your garage.
The only cars you need are some fast car, and the Armored Kuruma to cheese missions.
You may also want a Hydra and Rhino to fight griefers, but that's it.

Oh fuck. I forgot the real worst problem with GTAO.

It's that it's structured.
The fun of GTA or Rockstar games in general is fucking off and making your own fun.
The heists which were so hyped up fell on their face for me.
They're structured and boring, and, besides for the money it gives you, I never felt any incentive to play them again.

One of the most fun experiences I had in RDR online was fucking off and playing poker and liar's dice with my friends.
If I have to earn RD2 Online Bux to play shit like that I would just stop playing.

The supers are really dull to drive. I only have them in case I end up in super races but otherwise I'll drive around with some piece of shit rice wagon or muscle car or something. Or bikes, they're pretty fun

>One of the most fun experiences I had in RDR online was fucking off and playing poker and liar's dice with my friends.
You do know you can do that stuff in GTA Online too, right?
You have the tenis game, for example, or you can make races if you are in next-gen or on PC.
When I play with /gtag/ some do missions, and some just start fucking around.

>grand THEFT auto online
>you have to buy the best vehicles

Man I really hope liar's dice comes back, that shit was so fun. How many dice do I need if I want to play it live with people

By making it like GTAV's.

But tennis is fucking B O R I N G and the controls were wonky the one time I played it.
I don't like racing either because you have to grind with sub-par equipment against people that actually give a shit about racing.

Fuck this too, though I get why they did it because you wouldn't feel the """""progression"""""

Me too. It'll be a real pissoff if it's behind a paywall again. Simply no excuse for it.

>I don't like racing either because you have to grind with sub-par equipment against people that actually give a shit about racing.
I mean in-map races.
Not the actual race jobs.
You can just fuck around and do stuff with them.

When was it behind a paywall

Despite having its flaws, I enjoyed LA Noire more than GTA IV or V.

They just spent way too money on that facial technology, I think the game would be better off if it had more focus on clue gathering rather than the whole lying facial expression portrayal that you have to figure out.

It was in a dlc, no? It's been 4 years, I can't remember.
I'm just saying that there'd be no excuse for another one since it's an established concept.

I think this is partially why I never felt like I was fucked over with regards to money and needed to resort to shark cards. I only really own stuff that I use, with the exception of a yacht just because I wanted one for fun. I've got a T20, an insurgent, armored kuruma, turret insurgent, buzzard, and hydra, and that's about it as far as vehicles I've paid for. Don't really need much else, the rest of my money has been spent on CEO and Biker stuff.

Oh that might be, I got the goty version that came with the DLC so I don't know what was added

>Bully 2 is announced with Bully Online since thats how Rockstar will do things from now on
>You get to choose what clique you're in
>Tons of unique specs and benefits for being in specific cliques
>Comfy ass town
>Everyone has customized BMX bikes and go-karts
>Con-Sumo multiplayer matches
>Sneak kick me signs on the backs of other players and watch them get harassed by NPCs and players alike

It'd be the closest thing to a Harry Potter MMO we would ever get.

>Horse skins
>Gun skins
>Free aim/Auto aim crap

This. Sounds cool theoretically. Going around in a cool gang. But it ends up people riding around on zebras with a pink afro and a repeater that fires unicorns because that amuses the 5 year old kids who enjoy online. That and forced auto aim and getting killed all the time online when all you want to do is ride across the map.

niggers that only play with auto-aim, are 12, bad at games and life, buy DLC and have shit taste.

who else /free-aim/ here?

This will be the main problem. Having soft lock and free aim lobbies splits the community and makes life difficult.

I play GTA Online on PS4 with soft lock cause it's easier on PVE. But it's a hassle trying to play with a crew or friends who are used to other other way. I don't know why this has to be an issue with R* third person shooters. No FPS splits the community with different aim modes.

>who else /free-aim/ here?
It's a shame it always dies after a couple of months. Max Payne 3's MP was way better on free aim, same goes for GTA IV, V and RDR.

This 1000000%

Force free aim.
No playable grandma.
No ridiculous afro and pink clothes.
Refreshing variety with a realistic context.
Weapons cost that aren't ridiculously inflated.

These games shouldn't have lock-on aiming anymore. It sucks. I play online with it because nobody uses free aim and you can't find jobs, but it's really lame

i think they should just remove auto-aim alltogether, it makes the game too easy in PvP and gives shitters a fighting chance.

>try to play free-aim MP3
>find one other person
>no servers
>try auto-aim
>lvl 50's running about with bombproof suits, OP weapons and a tonne of other equipment
>get destroyed due to higher tier weapons

auto-aim should be removed and the content be brought to a more realistic and worthwhile standard, hate GTAO being all goofy. would like a more grounded approach to a criminal centred game.

agreed my friends wouldnt play in my lobby untill i turned auto-aim back on because they couldnt aim

>agreed my friends wouldnt play in my lobby untill i turned auto-aim back on because they couldnt aim

It's really silly though because they still need to aim in every other shooter. So I don't understand why they have it in GTA. And since it makes shooting so easy, people are super trigger happy. You drive past anyone and they just lock onto you with their rifle for no reason

Something like Altis life is how I imagine GTA could be if it was decent. Forcing a bit of roleplaying means people don't act like morons all the time. If there is no real punishment for getting arrested you don't care if you ruin someone else's game. Would be a cool mechanic in red dead. Get arrested by sheriff and put in jail. Have to stay there for 30 mins in game time or something. But your posse has the possibility to bail you out.

I actually support this. If they're going to go the MMO route they might as well go all the way with it. Now it's stuck somewhere in the middle where it's mainly just a silly sandbox but with unnecessary grinding and restrictions everywhere. It should be either or. I would totally get behind it if people could form gangs and do some kind of crime syndicate... stuff. Now there are crews but it's half-assed like everything else

Duke sure is progressive these days