FFXV

So let me get this straight: He was chosen by the Gods to save Eos, he goes out to the people and heals them with his powers, absorbing their darkness, but the Gods then view him as unworthy and a relative of his decides to be an ass out of jealously and further slanders his name. So basically Ardyn just did his job too well?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fh4_jFbT_XQ
novacrystallis.com/2016/12/final-fantasy-xv-update-road-map-revealed/
youtube.com/watch?v=jNebfRK_Caw
youtube.com/watch?v=FTQ2fwUOxe0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't really understand it.

Then again, I also didn't really understand VII the first time I played it, but re-played it and understood the story, realized it's actually quite beautiful.

Idk, who gives a shit about this games cobbled up last minute story anyways? It's best to just skip all the cutscenes and avoid the frustration of trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.

Because it's something to talk about?
I think that there's a couple of holes that could prop it up a bit. Because, damn the Gods sound like assholes for that.

Makes you wonder if Ifrit was actually the ”good" God, or rather in the right

What was up with him? I don't get why he just popped up. All that was said about him was that he pretty much didn't like people.

In guidebook its mentioned that Ifrit was the one who start the war of the gods, and spreaded starscourge.
Idk why this shit not in the game.

Seriously? What the fuck?

Almost nothing related to the lore is in the game.

Darin du Paul really did this guy justice. Best voice acting in the entire game.

He was damn good. Actually on the whole I thought the Engish VAs did a pretty damn good job.

Why has no one done Rule 63 of Ardyn yet?

Post more rest points. I've been finding shit I didn't notice the first time around.

Yeah, literally Ifrit is the Satan of this world aka fallen god.
Ardyn basically is his servant.

Why wasn't this in the game? Anything else in the guide/artbooks that wasn't in game?

How hard do you think Prompto beat his meat when she was in the party?

I just got to chapter 13 and boy does it seem like they tried (and failed miserably) to jam al semblence of a coherent story and background lore in the last few chapters of this game

Not so hard she'd notice. Unless she's into that.

wait a minute isn't this one of XIV's plot

No, YOU don't understand!

>I just got to chapter 13
May God have mercy on your patience.

Man, this scene was the goofiest shit in Crisis Core. I wonder how the remake will portray it.

>Seph can't into letting go of his cool katana

>Unless she's into that.
>Implying she wouldn't dominate him by putting him in a leglock and forcibly jerk him off

>great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great father trying to be hip

I thought it was
>great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great uncle?

Is that fucking real? Good god.

Lots.

Verstael, that Imperial bigwig who appeared in one cutscene despite being shown off in trailers a lot, is Prompto's father.

You sure that's how it went down? I mean, it is him telling the story, he isn't going to make himself look like an asshole when he tells us what happened. If anything he's going to play up the victim angle.

Even if he's telling the truth there is provably more to it than just him being an innocent victim of jealousy from then not yet chosen king. We only get to hear how it went down from the villain and not the one who vanquished him.

Plus he's rich and dresses like a hobo, how much can you really take at face value.

some dude with the Ultimania said the jealous brother adopted Ardyn's son

That'll be in his DLC for sure though, so at least it's not guidebook exclusive.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fh4_jFbT_XQ

Why this amazing battle theme so fucking underused in the game? Literally the best battle theme in FF franchise.

I think there's concept art wherein Ardyn's on a Chocobo looking very messiah like, so I'm sure there's a bit of truth in there.
So there's still a blood relation there? I had saw some people say that it was someone unrelated, which wouldn't make sense. If you couldn't tell, I just beat the game. Looking for some clarification.

>ultimania out

Well fuck me I didn't realize it was out.

It was actually kind of a funny article. Basically he said the level is so bad that it should be preserved, like Birdemic or The Room, so we can look at it in awe.

The gods essentially fucked this guy dry and after doing their work, much like actual real life religions

It's out already?

Gotta spend more time in Cleigne, nigga.

That's what video is for. That shit is preserved on Youtube and other streaming sights. Can't wait to see what the patch brings because Chapter 13 is currently the worst part of the game for me. Barring that Disney final cutscene.

Ardyn doesn't know, he just thought his wife and kid is dead

so dude's basically waging war with his descendants apparently

leaks so grain of salt

Three copies up for $60 on eBay right now.

He had a wife and kid? Why wasn't thing in the GAME?

because fuck you

wtf, never seen this

In the Japanese, Ardyn introduces him and then says, "but it seems he wants to come out and greet you."

I didn't give it much thought, I figured Ifrit just thought humans were little shits and didn't bother with them until the end.

I was afraid to get overleveled for the main story

Ardyn did nothing wrong

His concept art displays him as literally Jesus on Eos

I didn't think that there that many link strikes/techniques. I just saw a version of Eclipse with Gladio the other day

Game's full of surprises.
I know what you mean. You got the Nixperience Accessory now though.

that wasn't in kingsglaive either. Hell I'm starting to think kingsglaive and the game where developed completely independantly because the luna and noct's marriage being arraged as a political ploy of nilfheim makes them actually being excited about getting married unplausible yet they are in game

Post it.

I hate muscle heads like you

That's kind of how it happens in VII, though.

They probably should have changed it to where he's just pushed or something.

Are they gonna drop a patch with all the removed content? The game is great but it feels sorely lacking. Like a bunch of story has just been cut out. Kind of like MGSV.

They've confirmed that they're gonna patch the story. So maybe not all of the removed stuff, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the cut stuff got restored.

Idk how long we have to wait, but they are planned for it.

novacrystallis.com/2016/12/final-fantasy-xv-update-road-map-revealed/

I personally want just replay the game when every update is out.

They've confirmed they are doing new voice work for added scenes. Don't expect it any time soon though.

Not him but do you have the other one where he's consumed by DARKNESS?

I like hunt or be hunted more. But all the music is good

>that filename, I'm pretty dumb for not realizing this sooner

This love story was drier than Grandmother's snatch.

This one?

Friendly reminder that Last Order had the best version of this scene.

Yep. Thank you.

where are these from, user? got a link or dl site?

love story more like brother and sister

ripped straight from tumblr, but I imagine they are on ultimaina

Literally a fedora tipper. He has no style, he has no grace, this Ardyn has lost the villain race.

Honestly, that's how it kind of felt. I absolutely hated the ending. And is it me or for that scene did they use older Noctis' face but shaved him? His chin looks different.

Gotcha. I'll do some searching then. Thanks.

While they're at it they can remove Costlemark as well

>tfw you realized FFXV is about Jesus coming back to extract his revenge on the jews
>he won for 10 years
What did Tataba mean by this?

yeah it's nuNoct

really bothers me how different he is

>He has no style, he has no grace

But Jesus was a Jew.

You mean this game isn't just about a gang of fancy dressed monster hunters on an extended camping trip?

pretty sure it's only with the greatsword

I seriously need to camp more. Missing all these surprise missions.

youtube.com/watch?v=jNebfRK_Caw

>Aranea and Ignis
>She probably kept a close eye on him over the 10 years

idk why but it just feels right.

Look at this sexy, smug fucker.

The Lucis Caelum line has some good genes.

you know what I mean

Brother and sister don't act so shy around each other.
Its more like subtle love story in my opinion. They clearly care for each other and wanted to be together, but its impossible for them until afterlife.
They should have show more of their childhood memories tho.

On other hand Noctis and Iris is clearly looks like brother and sister, atleast from Noctis point of view.

He's got the body of a 30something year old and he has a perm. Got out of here, grandpa, you're not cool anymore.

it would've been cool if older Noctis looked like Ardyn

That made me like Ignis a lot better. Along with the pee joke. Yet:
>Gladio's 2nd tour is about picking flowers for Iris
>The flower is neither a Gladiolus or an Iris.

>thermal suit

why

>that camp quest where you strike a pose in front of a dinosaur
>that camp quest where you give flowers to Iris
>that camp quest where Prompto spills his spaghetti in front of Cidny

This game is so comfy and fun sometimes.

This Gladio fishing quest is impossible to do, you will never catch that fish that he asked for

Let's not muddy things up

>They clearly care for each other
I didn't get that impression. I keep getting told that they do, but I wasn't convinced at all by the game or the supplementary material.
That explains the swagger.
Too bad that Noctis didn't inherit that.

youtube.com/watch?v=FTQ2fwUOxe0

can we get some music itt

>Ardyn looks 30
>grandpa

Your family must have some shit genes if you think Ardyn looks thirty. More like mid 40s. I can see you pitching a fit when you turn 29 at least.

No, you can. He's even so excited that he'll jump into the water and haul it for you.
Though he'll do the same thing for other huge fucking fish.

>thermal suit
>gladio still doesn't recognize noct, despite being the only person that he knew that could use Armiger

might be the most unbelievable thing is this game, that and Bahamut being such a fucking useless god

He kind of does if you look closely.

wait, this was supposed to be a love story? I thought Luna was like his fairy godmother or something

What? Unless you've got shitty gear it's not hard. Jade Pink Gar is the only fish that's actually hard to catch.