Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
youtu.be/oPz-7An2HTc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fun, but inevitably just like every other survival/base building game. Gets old fast. I might try it once the story is done, but I can't imagine I'll enjoy it as much as the first few hours of gameplay. Once you realize nothing can hurt you in the Cyclops, it gets boring.

That's wrong though. If you go too deep, the big things can fuck your shit up.

I think it's pretty boring. Don't really like the progression and grinding materials is the worst. Get it if you like to look at fish or love underwater levels. Otherwise games like Ark, The Forest, or 7 Days to Die are much better base/survival games.

Underwater survival game is a great idea, but it would have been better as a Rust like game rather than single player.

How are those 3 games you mentioned?

It's really fun, probably my favourite survival game in a while. It's major problem right now is lack of an endgame, there's no big carrot at the end of the crafting tree stick and while that will probably be fixes as development continues it's a major drain now.

Not him but all three are absolute shit, stay away at all costs.

It's an exploration game. If you don't like it then go back to playing CoD or your generic copy paste weeb trash.

>non automation survival games
Because holding M1 on resources is totally fun, not.

I really wish these survival games would pick up on the fact its the building systems that help you survive that are fun, not holding M1. Such massive time sinks for such little reward.

The fact everything glows like a neon sign completely ruins any spook factor of deep ocean exploration and once you get a steady supply of food, water, and power going the game loses all the "survival" fun.

Astroneers only just released and is already an infinitely better exploration game so well fucking done getting outclassed by a new EA game.

Also
>subnautica
>exploration
Its a grindstone survival game, nothing else.

It's the deep sea thread game to beat at the moment

Good game, still a bit buggy but the new additions to the story line are great and really bring the world more alive.

Ark is for multiplayer, you won't get very far without other people. The Forest is good if you want to build cute log cabins. It and 7 Days are much more survival focused with enemies that will wander by and fuck you up unless you keep a low profile or have a really strong fortress.

For the record Subnautica is the only underwater game and it's got cool stuff it just feels super unfinished and a lot of what's even in there feels kind of pointless.

(You)

>If you go too deep, the big things can fuck your shit up
Not really. Reaper Leviathans are around the surface and they're about as dangerous as it gets. The dragon thing in the lost river still can't hurt you in your Cyclops, so it's no more dangerous than a Reaper.
You're a literal retard. How much can you 'explore' the same shit before it gets boring? That's my whole point, there's not much more to it than that. It does it well, but that doesn't stop it from getting boring fast.

>Astroneers
No. Generic as fuck with no challenge, as well as looking like utter shit compared to Subnautica. Fuck off with your trash.

>How much can you 'explore' the same shit before it gets boring?

It seems some tire of seeing the same old assets for the thousandth time in an open world game shuffled into a slightly different order and other are completely unphased. Kind of envy the latter.

You only think astroneers is better because it's new (or your an actual shill), Otherwise it's the same resource grind of all other survival games.

If you knew ANYTHING about the developers in charge of the project you would stay the fuck away from it

One of them is a literal criminal

>caring about the devs of a game

I don't

Fun. Much better than this piece of shit. But doesn't look too great.

From what I've played it's pretty fun and looks nice. A lot of people here are saying that the game is a boring grind and gets old fast, but due to having thalassophobia and barely being able to get out of the first two or three biomes without shitting myself from every noise, even in the protection of a cyclops. I've heard that once the game is done, there's a chance of a seperate multiplayer thing similar to Don't Starve Together, which sounds like it would be really fun.

wtf i hate subnautica now

>One of them is a literal criminal

Wow who gives a fuck.

God i fucking hate that game. The idea of grinding was a fucking understatement to the shitheads that made it. Wildcard is a fucking joke. Stealing mods and adding map makers to their team.

hes LITERALLY a criminal like hillary you fucking KEK

brownnoser

And?

>Come into thread
>See a shill accusing others of bring shills

Lel

Okay? This changes nothing.

Ark has like 10x the amount of creatures in Subnautica.

It's great, but of course still in early access.

I'm hoping they do a Subnautica 2 with a larger scope and co-op.
Expansion pack DLC with new biomes is a no-brainer as well.

And the kicker is they're still adding more. I got no problem with it but how about fixing and upgrading the already in-game ones to make them not look and act like shit? Half the creatures need re-design and sound upgrade.

When does it come out?

>It seems some tire of seeing the same old assets for the thousandth time
It's a shark chases you away from resources for the ten-thousandth time episode

>half the creatures need redesigns and sound upgrades

Uhh, they all look equal on a visual level.
I think oldies like the trex and raptor still look good when compared to newer ones.

The sound I agree on.

It was better back when the protag was just a faceless survivor.

Making him into a weedy gay indian was just stupid.

No the fucking oldies like compy and raptor are outdated as hell compared to the new shit. They really need a fresh new paint job. And that autistic giga squal needs to be canned and replaced with something good.

>7days
It's pretty buggy and if I remember right they kept nerfing things to make it harder to the point it wasn't fun anymore
>subnautica feels super unfinished
It's still hiding behind the "early access" label yet they haven't met a single deadline and haven't fixed any two year old game breaking bugs and the pop in and frame drop and lag AND STILL haven't removed terraforming that they promised for 6 updates

Bought it, played for 30 minutes and then refunded.

The performance issues are dreadful and I really dislike the interface. Something about the GUI and font just gives off this "low-quality indie trash" vibe that I just couldn't shake. The crafting menu looked pretty scarce which had me worried about how much content it has. Early game was really lacking in direction; not sure how you're supposed to know where to find certain crafting ingredients without consulting a guide or wiki.

Like this guy said, it feels like an exploration game with shallow survival mechanics that only serve to get in the way of said exploration.

I'll try it again when it leaves Early Access. Hopefully it doesn't feel like a half-baked piece of shit by then.

How fun is this game?

S-should I refund it

Exactly as fun as you are autistic.

Help me I can't stop

How are they outdated? I literally can't notice any disparities.

Also, some of the new ones like the giant squid and jellyfish look shit.

I like you. Automation is best. In a high-tech survival game, you should eventually be able to build machines to automate most of the basic survival tasks. In a low-tech survival game, you should eventually be able to recruit other people to join your camp, and they will effectively automate the basic tasks like gathering and fishing and shit.

This is so the game can step it up. Make your survival into a more grand thing. Instead of merely keeping yourself alive you have to keep your system or community alive.

What did he do?

youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Like I said, I feel like it's currently a POS and would rather just rebuy it later on for probably the same price, but a better overall experience.

You lose nothing by refunding now.
You possibly lose the negligible amount of like $10-15 if you do nothing.

I'm not very big into these base building games in general. My experience with 7 Days is based on some pirated copy that's probably really outdated so if it's bad now I'll have to apologize and stop recommending it.
But the version I've been playing on and off is pretty fun, zombies are a big threat but mostly in groups since it's not terribly difficult to smash their heads in.

I need some decent lethal weapons other than a knife

only butt-hurt vegan hipsters will straw-man that "lethal weapons" means conventional guns

pic related (plz ignore the baby spree-killing slug-throwers)

inb4 darts are slugs

Congrats boys you get to suffer the same fate as NS2

The updates made the later waves take 5-10-15 minutes to kill one zombie. You have to build bases very specific ways to survive night 21

You can already beat most enemies with the knife, get good gunbaby

>>Help me I can't stop
I'll play something else with you if it helps

I never understood why it's so hard to add alternative kikling tools in Subnautica? Fuck sakes an explosive harpoon that severely wounds is good enough. Just seeing a Reaper Leviathan with it's face blown off slithering away with a trail of blood following it would be satisfying enough because the bitch will starve to death on it's own now.

That's really terrible and stupid. You'd think the whole point of open world is that you have the freedom to accomplish goals in different ways. Especially when it's so easy to waste time digging holes and finding blueprints.

>You can already beat most enemies with the knife, get good gunbaby
I'm autistic enough to take 30 minutes killing some gay ass shark in the most boring tedious manner possible.

The first 30 minutes is breathtaking, truly beautiful.
Then it wears off and there's no substance.

Subnautica is like a stick of 'Juicy Fruit' gum.

youtu.be/oPz-7An2HTc
Things take 10-15-20 headshots with very high level weapons lategame

that ocean feel looks and sounds amazing

I feel like I'm back at the beach when playing this game

?

I played NS2. Had fun. Got bored. Stopped playing NS2.

Like all versus games.

i was able to beat your mother with my dick but I dont think a kid like you could equip that :^)

:also
>You can already beat most enemies with the knife, get good gunbaby
>You can already beat most enemies
>beat most enemies
>most

only "most" you can only beat most
topkek get gud knifebabby

or maybe they need to add more weapons so you can beat >all<

inb4 killing every thing hurts ur feelings

I know the devs are still here shilling like they admitted to it. And I don't see gun fucker around. One of them probably is gun fucker.

Gun fucker, I hope you had a Merry Christmas

Hey if hes that autistic to "take 30 minutes killing some gay ass shark" its because it must be for good reason (like not having a job, girlfriend, or a life) we all need to get on this level of... skill

like a cool one or what

He's at least half as skilled as this karateka

The real cringe is the former high school bully, now McDonalds employee, who looks up photos of socially maladjusted people having fun by themselves and captions them with shit like this

Driving me insane with not loading shit, not saving, and other problems ever since the Precursor update. Love the game to death but Jesus H. Christ.

Got my main base built in the Lost River's Tree Cove, very cozy and comfy. Look out the windows and watch the ghost rays swim around the tree, beautiful.

Also pissed and sad they permanently removed this guy because they apparently suck at balancing creatures.

The real reason is probably that they would have to make something newly coded and not use the shark Ai that every aggressive creature shares (and base skeleton)

There's also a lot of items that aren't used for anything; Try taking your knife to brain coral for example. I definitely agree about the big carrot.

Right now I'm playing Empyrion and I like it so far but it's nowhere near as immersive as Subnautica. I also bought Space Engineers but that's too minecraft in space for me and not enough survival. Hell, it's worse as there's no enemy variety or interesting fauna.

There's Stranded Deep as well but that is really bare bones.

Besides the fact that there are no waves or storms.

LET
US
DIVE
DEEPER
FAGGOTS

A little over one Km is NOTHING, we aren't even getting to abyssal depths or challenger deep.

Go into the void, user. It's terrifying diving down into the dark with no markers. It just sucks that nothing is down there.

Go fuck yourself. Forcing Rust multiplayer on everyone is a bad idea because Rust itself is a bad game.
There's a reason why the most populated servers are 1000× rates or instant gear maps. Even vanilla is just a KoS deathmatch, which wouldn't even be that bad if there weren't clearly superior deathmatch already on the market.
Co-op is alright, multiplayer can be alright, but Rust is a horrible example of a survival game. It's just CS or Arma3 with the most basic survival mechanics slapped on.

Rust community is a syptom not a disease. I wish they get it more classic with bows and spears. Its resource gathering is so barebones and bland. It's a good concept but is shit everywhere else.

At least one of the developers is staunchly vegan and made it so that the in-game human race is so advanced that they became vegan/peaceful (so they wouldn't even think to use something like a gun in this situation). The knife is a survival knife, and is used for a bunch of other things in-game, so using it to kill/harvest fish is born out of necessity.

So yeah you can blame vegans.

>former high school bully
I'm sorry if you were bullied user. But you probably deserved it just like 99% of other kids that were bullied.

I went to a comfy private school where everyone was nice to each other fambone

No niggers either except one in the special ed class