Final Fantasy XIV - FF14

I just hit level 60 and completed the MSQ for Heavensward, what should I do first, and what is the fastest way to acquire tomestones of lore ?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/5kuyag/34_an_updated_casuals_guide_to_gearing_up_from/
imgur.com/a/wfZkG
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>what is the fastest way to acquire tomestones of lore ?

Spam Aetherochemical Research Facility. It yields the most tomes by far.
Depending on your iLvl and how fast you farm your tomes you can do some hunts to get iLvl 200 equip if you want, but you should get iLvl 230 fairly quickly.
Keep doing the mainquests of the later patches so you unlock the expert roulette (2 dungeons) so you can start getting your scriptures as soon as possible (weekly cap).

do your dailies and wondrous tails.

Is this game decent on ps4? Just wanna play through the main game- no expansions.

Check out Khloe and woundrous tails if you haven't already.

Do the Alexander stuff as far as your iLvl allows, it's fun.
Void Ark is also quite cool.

No, get it on PC or drop it. Stop holding us back with your console limitations.

its playable on ps4, dont listen to shitters that say pc only because half the pc players are retarded and cant do simple rotations just like ps4

so yes, it is playable, but no one really does the main game content anymore

>what is the fastest way to acquire tomestones of lore ?
SPAM ARF.
If your ilvl is too low, spam PotD.

And people wonder why the vast majority of people don't want to post in that cesspool of degenerate.

Anyway, what's the fastest way to get a 2 place mount in FFXIV?
Not counting the Fatmog one from the shop.

EB someone

There's no 2-person mounts that don't come from something external. The easiest is the wedding chocobo. Others are draught chocobo which is pretty much the same thing but comes from refer-a-friend and also amber draught chocobo that's red version of that and comes from further RAF rewards.

If you're desperate you could pick up ARR on a sale, register it on some other email and after 90 days on sub on that second account you'll have your bird.

Naturally, wedding is probably cheaper.

If I recall correctly, if you do 1000 mentor roulette to get a 2 place horse too.

Ignore the faggot, it runs fantastic on PS4 (embarassingly, better than my PC), you can even play KB+M if you like.

It's 2000 and good fucking luck

NO LMAO kys faggot

>nothing left for me to do except weekly raids

Get into crafting make sick dosh and buy the best house in the new housing area to shit on competition.

Play Heavensward or don't play at all - the main story of the base game is mostly just a tutorial. The expansion is where it really shines as a traditional FF game.

The hardcore endgame content is better in the base game but you won't be touching that anyway if you just plan on doing the single player story.

>knows xivg is bad
>still questions why Sup Forums threads exist

literally retarded

>that guy who keeps constantly using his odin emote over and over in a large crowd of people

I get that you were dumb enough to pay $200 for an emote, but do you think thats something worth bragging about?

>Try to update the game on ps4
>Fucking thing errors out at the exact same spot every time.

What the flying fuck Sup Forums? I've tried looking up a way to solve this and I've found millions of different solutions and none of them work.

if you dropped that much on an emote you'd be using it all the time too.

And here I thought /feg/ was the only general to take dumps on pictures of waifus. Truly, /xivg/ is a terrible, terrible place. Why do I subscribe to this shitty game played by mentally ill weeaboos like these guys?

Most of them migrated from wowg
Unironically a community of wowfugees

reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/5kuyag/34_an_updated_casuals_guide_to_gearing_up_from/

I know, I know.

>Reddit

But I'll take their cancer over the cancer in the general.

Try to come back after i110 was cap
All my acheivements got wiped and relic weapon progress was reset. Macros are all gone even from server. Looks like its still just farming garbage duty finder or a raid to hit weekly caps

I guess I could do that.

Doesn't the refer-a-friend thing reward you stuff only every 10 levels your friend get?
Just buying 90 days on a new account will give it to me?

In the end my best option would be to do something like, make a new account, marry my character with it, and pay the 90 days to get both the EB Chocobo and the Draught Chocobo?

/point
/laugh

Why do you need a two seater mount if you have no friends?

>Doesn't the refer-a-friend thing reward you stuff only every 10 levels your friend get?
It's based on sub time.

I have friends but I just don't like the idea of getting married in a MMO because (pic related) happened to me in the past.

stop playing the game a move on to something else.

you'll thank me later

Cool, guess I'll try that then.

Anyone buy digital time cards from playasia? They're 27.99 for 60 days and that's a bit cheaper than everywhere else and I'm not sure if I should renew my sub that way

I feel like there's a contradiction somewhere if you've had that happen to you yet you still claim you have friends

thats me too but my group does speed kills and mount farms so maybe try that out.

You can still have friends but refuse to attach emotionally to anyone.
Literally everyone is a dude for me now since 2007, even if they have female voice over voip.

>just beat all the HW ex primals in a week to catch up for 3.5

Some of them were pretty damn hard. I couldn't imagine fighting Thordan ex on release. Sephirot was the easiest with a learn party. I still don't understand half the shit in Sophia outside of following everyone else. Probably my least favorite fight in the game.

This. Everyone is waiting for the expansion.

>make it my business to /laugh at every cash shop mount I see
>shortly after the Bennu was added, log in one morning to a 3-day suspension for harassment
Also got permabanned from the official forums for calling Yoshi a self-masturbatory twat with a warped desire to live a hedonistic rockstar lifestyle, not unlike John Romeo, who was promoted above his abilities; despite obvious ineptitude, and that he could be out-directed by a blobfish sporting an equally anachronistic bishounen hairstyle.

What about Ravana?
Back in 3.0 he was seriously fucking fun to do.
Now people burn it before you can even get to the fun part...

>it took two expansions for them to add LIMITED SWIMMING to the game

that's nothing

>more than three years to allow you to queue for duties with a chocobo out

>more than three years to allow expandable storage

what the fuck is this

imgur.com/a/wfZkG
>20 fps
>"very cinematic"

void ark

That was a really neat way to hype up Void Ark in 3.0
You could see it float in the BG of Sea of cloud IIRC, I really like that.

shit looks like metal album cover
too bad the instance is borefest

I want to like FFXIV, but I'm stuck in the expansion because I'm in the dragon tower and it's fucking dumb. Map gives no indication of what floor the quest is, where the quest is, just a circle. It could be in the cave, on the ground floor, in the middle, on top.

It's dumb and it made me quit. The quest text didn't help at all either.

ha

user....
its at the second floor read it next time dumbass

It takes like 2 minutes to explore the tower, how fucking impatient are you?

even for drk
odd for war

Maybe he can't fly yet, I would understand that it would be annoying to climb the tower.

I can't fly. Not 60 and didn't collect all the currents yet. Was going to do it after hitting cap.

play on pc

where can i find more like this

So realtalk, what are the chances of Samurai becoming the second maiming DPS? Or are we confident it'll be a tank?
I just want conformation either way so I can start hoarding leveling gear.

Enjoy the coolest job since FFXI.

We just don't know.

Personally, if SAM is add, I hope he would be a STR melee DPS with a Great Katana.
FFXIV is one of the few RPG setting game where there's no damage dealer jobs who use swords, it's kinda strange.

Dethklok ship

>I want a copy and paste from FF11

>that character model

When are we getting upgraded character models?

> there's no damage dealer jobs who use swords
RDM
inb4 rapier is not a sword!

>Maybe he can't fly yet
Okay so maybe it takes like 4 minutes. The tower is not a labyrinth

I'm not saying that image is bad, by the way, look at the polycount in the feet alone compared to what we currently have.

They just want a katana user

Rapier doesn't count because they said so

hug your right wall

Nah, I just like the idea of Great Katanas more than the normal sized one because I'm a huge Monster Hunter player.

You don't slash things with a Rapier only with the tip and it's not even that powerful and mainly use piercing attacks.

just fucking say you want a katana dps

jesus christ stop with the mental gymnastics

No because I wouldn't mind something like a BLU with a scimitar too.

>Also got permabanned from the official forums for calling Yoshi a self-masturbatory twat with a warped desire to live a hedonistic rockstar lifestyle,
I say that on a daily basis over there

you get 3 lines today right user?

I got 3 stickers

the fuck?
i never realized she have a thick makeup

So I've heard that Stormblood is reducing buttons and increasing mechanics, would it be a good time to get into the game?

update the client first.

>Options
>Check for Update

It's a staff

As a healer that sucks at DPS what should I level or use? Already have SMN, BLM, and DRG at 60 and the only one I can get comfortable with is BLM.

She's a slut in the making.

they're probably keeping the button amount the same adding the 60-70 skills and replacing redundant skills with traits like Stone 1 2 3 or the hate combo becoming just one button.

Fang & Claw with Wheeling Thrust really didn't need to be two skills. The animations should change between where you are on the boss or monster.

I did that. Updated to heavensward and all that but still nothing.

>Get perfect chance setup to get 3 lines
>Get 1 line instead
;_;

I wish, then maybe this would be a better game.

is your HDD full FFXIV takes about 65GB's for itself and you still need like 20-40 free at all times for PS4's OS usage

Thordan Ex at release is the tightest shit.

Sophia is easy if you can count

I personally find MNK the best flowing and easiest to adjust to different fights.

>Sephirot was the easiest with a learn party.
Are you kidding me? Sephirot is probably the hardest primal right now. I spent 5 hours in learning parties trying to get a clear with people who were just too fucking braindead to understand the debuff shit and how to do towers/tethers. I only got a clear when a farm party was nice enough to let me in with bonus.

I have almost half a terabyte free, so that shouldn't be it.

pretty easy too, control your dps, see your debuff and dance

I finished my 3 days of free game time. First time I played in 6 months.

What's this Wondrous Tails shit I saw in PF?

How hard is flying whale ex? I'm too nervous to try it in case I embarrass myself again.

At this point you can pretty much afk and let other people carry you.

Retardedly easy.