ITT: Interesting Cut / Beta Content

ITT: Interesting Cut / Beta Content

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/The_Cutting_Room_Floor
tcrf.net/Final_Fantasy_III_(Nintendo_DS)/Unused_Text
tcrf.net/Mario_Kart_8#Object_Textures
youtube.com/watch?v=5Wm4DtkdrG0
crashmania.net/en/games/crash-bandicoot-the-wrath-of-cortex/unused-content/concept-pitch/
youtube.com/watch?v=q8Im0r86dKE
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8HjtNhZj7o
youtube.com/watch?v=bjTZ_IcQ4Lg
flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=videodb&id=735&image=3And
flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=videodb&id=4823&image=1
youtube.com/watch?v=-DRAqj__5eA
youtube.com/watch?v=z_JFDPCtXFY
tcrf.net/Life_Force_(Arcade)
youtube.com/watch?v=Ug5EwTSFt10&feature=grec_index
youtube.com/watch?v=BLJtShbLomI
bloodborne-wiki.com/p/unused-content.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tcrf.net/The_Cutting_Room_Floor

Enjoy if you didn't already know about it.

Final Fantasy III was meant to be more story heavy in it's earlier stages as a large amount of text is left untranslated and unused. From what I've gone through, there were extensive changes to the plotline (Luneth was supposed to have a character arc in Castle Hein, Arc was supposed to have more development in Saronia, Ingus is hinted to have come from Falgbard, I skipped a segment of the data so something with Refia might still be in there...), the Evoker class was originally moved to Castle Hein and a character was cut from the Castle Hein sequence. The text on tcrf isn't even all of it.

tcrf.net/Final_Fantasy_III_(Nintendo_DS)/Unused_Text

* I'm referring to the remake, in case that wasn't clear. None of this exists in the original Famicom version.

>tripfag tries to spoil thread

Big surprise here

so sad he was removed just wanted him in any mario kart game

DOOM was originally going to have a score system like Wolfenstein 3D

His icon was also found in 8:
tcrf.net/Mario_Kart_8#Object_Textures
>An unused emblem for Kamek (or an unnamed Magikoopa). Magikoopa/Kamek appears neither in the finished game nor in the DLC packs as a playable character, so he was probably scrapped during development.

Maybe the switch port will bring him back?

Everyone interested in this stuff should know about TCRF though.

>go to tcrf, come back with something interesting and speculate

Wow, thanks for circling the image, OP. Would have missed it otherwise.

The Koopalings were originally going to appear in Super Princess Peach, but were replaced by current bosses. Note that Nintendo hadn't thought up their redesigns at this stage.

The Minecraft: Super Mario Bros Edition skin pack was originally going to have Midbus pigs, a Hooktail EnderDragon and Yoshi horses.

Let's discuss unreleased and possibly mythical games.

Holy shit, what? Why did they cut those out? Because they, minus Yoshis, originated from the RPG games?

>tfw you will never get to play Yeah Yeah Beebiss

New Super Mario Bros Wii had some unused concept box art show in this picture

I'll start with the Superman game we never got:
youtube.com/watch?v=5Wm4DtkdrG0

It's unknown why, but that's the likely reason.
On a similar note, during E3, the Skylanders devs noted that they wanted to use Giga Bowser (from Super Smash Bros) but were instead encouraged to make Bowser's molten transformation.

Unused boss design from Lords of the Fallen.

Even if this game did exist, how would you explain the motivation or reasoning behind calling your game "Yeah Yeah Beebiss I?" Especially that they apparently deemed it necessary to specify that it is, in fact, the first game in the series.

Speaking of NSMBW, Bowser's Flagship went through a couple redesigns before settling on the design used in Super Mario Galaxy

Filtered also kys

These threads are always ruined by Nintendo faggots.

You are more than welcome to post content from non-Nintendo games, and nobody has ever said otherwise

Then post non-Nintendo stuff you fucking faggot.

I just did.

Go fuck yourself.

I just fucking did.

kys

>all of the cool Airship/Factory levels we could have gotten
>instead we got more generic Lava levels

Then quit trying to ruin the thread by bitching about a non-exiting problem you MRA faggot

yoshi was going to be a koopa
he was going to be in mario 3 & mario 64, but they didnt have enough memory/power

Iggy was really the only one to have anything other than size changed.

>MRA faggot

Stop projecting.

Maybe they had the intentions of making a "Yeah Yeah Beebiss II" in the future

Crash Bandicoot: the Wrath of Cortex was originally a more ambitious game during development. It was originally meant to be an open world game (the same type that Twinsanity would end up being). John Burton, director of Traveler's Tales suggested that the direction that Crash games went in would've gone the Jak and Daxter/Rachet and Clank way.
Crash Mania has more info on the project:
crashmania.net/en/games/crash-bandicoot-the-wrath-of-cortex/unused-content/concept-pitch/

>I don't know what projecting means.

Ok you fucking alt-right retard.

>>MRA faggot

>Stop projecting.

Fuck you, kid

Can't have those non-NSMB elements actually acknowledged, can we?

Holy shit did this post just get me peeved, why the hell do they try so hard to ignore the RPG series?

Fuck you nigger

Unused backgrounds for Mother 3's final boss. Spooky shit.

Sonic Adventure 2 had several unused voice clips.
youtube.com/watch?v=q8Im0r86dKE

Speaking of that, the original NSMB originally had two unused world themes. The names of the two unused icons are "Machine" and "Ancient". This might explain why a Monty Mole driving a tank is the boss of World 6

>The pitch animation for Wrath of Cortex:
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8HjtNhZj7o

The interesting part is that some of the ideas of "Wrath of Cortex" still got in, albeit in a very trimmed down manner. "Crash and Burn" might be one of the earliest stages created considering the amount of work put into it. Additionally, there is a cut airship stage where Crash had to shoot down one of Cortex's airships. Looking in the data files reveals that the airship might be the same one from "Weathering Heights".

Final Fantasy has a few interesting stories regarding development. The game we know as "Final Fantasy IV" was originally "Final Fantasy V". The original FFIV was slated for the NES, but never made it past the concept stage. Meanwhile, the game that was originally supposed to be FFIV got changed into "Secret Of Mana", and if that wasn't confusing enough, it was originally called Chrono Trigger.

Note that the screenshots in the linked image are mockups and not indicative of what FFIV was supposed to be (you couldn't buy airships, for example).

FFVII also went to the drawing board a lot. It was originally meant to a SNES game and would've taken place in modern day New York. Some of the unused ideas ended up in Chrono Trigger (which was also in development at the time) while others were used in Parasite Eve and FFVIII

Huitzil of the Darkstalkers series has two different half-finished unused supers lurking in two different games. Here's the one from Darkstalkers 1. Completely unique animation, unlike anything he ever does in the rest of the series.

The truth is youre the faggot and you know it.

And here's the one from Darkstalkers 2, a variant of a super he actually is able to use in the finished game. In the finished game his Final Guardian super involves him leaning forward and bringing his legs up to turn into cannons, overall assuming a turret-like form. Earlier location test versions instead had Huitzil summoning a backup robot which performe the aforementioned action and Huitzil would then operate the turret from behind. Some footage of that can be seen at 2:45 in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=bjTZ_IcQ4Lg This animation here also involves summoning the backup robot, but here it actually combines with him and he remains upright.

To be fair, Midbus is a pretty fucking obscure reference, especially for the kiddies that would be playing Minecraft on the Wii U.

Diddy Kong Racing had three potential sequels.
The first was a GBA game called Diddy Kong Pilot, which was rejected because Nintendo did not like the quality of it. It wound up being reworked into Banjo-Pilot after the Rare buyout.
The second game was Donkey Kong Racing. Not much was known about this game except that the characters from DK 64, and Taj were to be playable characters and that Animal Buddies would've been part of it. Even the rework of the game "Sabreman Stampede" ended up scrapped.
The third attempt was Diddy Kong Racing Adventure, which would've had Wizpig team up with the Kremlings. This never got past the pitch phase.

Its commonly known that megaman 3 was quite rushed but finished elements were removed from the final game. For example it appears there was a longer cutscene when entering wily's castle. Multiple background and stage elements were also removed. Why capcom removed finished content is unknown.

It seems that a networked cabinet tournament mode similar to the rare Tournament Battle variant of Super Street Fighter 2 was planned for Darkstalkers 1, as it has labels for 8 players.

He IS in Mario 64.

Sure he is, next you're going to tell me is that Luigi isn't in it.

Donovan's Blizzard Sword special both looked and behaved completely differently in the location test builds of Darkstalkers 2. Instead of launching out a snowflake that travelled forward in a shallow arc, his sword would come falling in from the top of the screen at a sharp angle, covered in ice. Apparently it was too overpowered, which necessitated the change. It's a shame it had to be changed though, because the original is a much more visually impressive move. It also fit with his other elemental sword specials better.
>Efreet Sword (fiery sword uppercut)
>Lightning Sword (electrified rapid sword stabs)
>Blizzard Sword (...a snowflake. What, we didn't say it would actually involve his sword!)

Captain Toad, Diddy, Daisy, DK, Wario, Waluigi, Fludd, Rosalina, Birdo, Dr. mario, Cat Suit, Cows, Dark Bones, Gobblegut, Piantas, Toadette, Stilt Gus, Tarantox, and the Super Mario 64 paintings are in NSMB?

I think he means as part of the game instead of just being on the roof as a little bonus.

Is that Don Pinata?

Bump.

The initial release of Vampire Savior has a lifebar portrait, a high score table portrait, and high score name labels for Hutizil, despite him, Pyron and Donovan having been cut from the roster. It seems Huitzil stuck around longer in development than the otehr two, as aside from this, his palette is also left over in one of the extraneous slots on the select screen.

But what's even more interesting is that a lifebar portrait, high score table portrait, and high score table name labels also exist for a teenaged Anita, who was rumored to have been considered for a playable slot in during the game's development. The design seems to be the same one seen n Dee's ending in the PS2 Darkstalkers Collection.

Stop posting, shit stick

More like RPG elements or any other elements that we haven't seen since their debut shouldn't be acknowledge at all.

Fuck off Sonygger, you know what I mean. Stop being a contrarian NSMB defender in every fucking thread, you're fucking stalking me at this point.

>"Post non-Nintendo-stuff!"
>Dump a bunch of non-Nintendo stuff
>Nobody cares

TCRF is fun though. Great research and documentation.

If you want replies that badly, just make a BotW comparison thread.

I agree. This Nintendo stuff is retarded.

Faggot

So... why do you hate the website? TCRF is a great website.

Official flyers for Darkstalkers 2 showed some of the beta elements. For example, the Blizzard Sword discussed here can be seen here: flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=videodb&id=735&image=3And the summon version of Final Guardian discussed here: can be seen here: flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=videodb&id=4823&image=1

>he first was a GBA game called Diddy Kong Pilot, which was rejected because Nintendo did not like the quality of it.
Wrong. Diddy Kong Pilot went through three revisions before becoming Banjo-Pilot. One with the DK cast, another with half Mario characters and half DK characters and the final one, close to what Banjo Pilot was.
youtube.com/watch?v=-DRAqj__5eA
In retrospect, DKP could have been released if Rare got their legal team on point properly. They were allowed to do the GBA remakes of DKC, and even develop for the DS. But like you said, Nintendo may not have wanted to do it.

So far, it looks like people mostly care about the fact that the Mario RPGs got shafted.
Again.

Let the retard be, he probably has nothing more in his life than shitposting.

youtube.com/watch?v=z_JFDPCtXFY

Dark Souls 2 actually had lighting at one point. It looks better too.

yaaaay a new tripcode i can add to my filters :3

Fuck off you rampaging dickhead

tcrf.net/Life_Force_(Arcade)

Life Force/Salamander has over 20 (yes, twenty) unused songs between the two arcade versions. Most are clearly scratch-pad level, but a few actually ended up getting polished and used in future versions. There's also this unused large ship graphic in Japanese Life Force, which might have been intended for the title screen.

I'm just going by what I read. According to a former Rare dev, Nintendo saw no point in flying up and down on flat levels

You still haven't told me why you hate the site. It just sounds like you are venting for whatever reason.

What's your deal?

i wonder how different the Dk64 was before release

here we have a realistic looking clown head instead of the duck jack

why are they all perfect reflections (except luigi's L)? does it make it easier for the n64 to render the sprites if they're just loading half and flipping it or something?

probably just placeholders. i doubt it was done to save memory

I would love to see the beta content of what Square did during the last days of working with Nintendo. I've heard so many things and seen so many screenshots... it's like peering into a window of an alternate timeline.

>Sprite

Most likely it's just a flat image.

Yes, sprites are made of tiles which can be flipped. If you can reuse the same tiles, it cuts down on the amount of memory you need. See how Pyron's flames here are symmetrical? They use the same tiles for both sides, just flipped. Same will be true of almost any symmetrical sprite you see in an old game.

As others have said, they are probably just placeholder graphics. Probably done to give a better feel of the character select during development or for early promotional screenshots.

That guy was wrong, or a newcomer who heard vague stuff. There was a lot of baggage with migrating with Microsoft and the contract with Rare/Nintendo was already 'unique' to begin with. They did change things by Banjo-Pilot to get it running in a playable state, but they really didn't take the time to overlook the situation.

It goes a lot deeper than one can imagine. Have another link: youtube.com/watch?v=Ug5EwTSFt10&feature=grec_index

youtube.com/watch?v=BLJtShbLomI Obligatory. Not really cut since this was included in the iOS port, but I think it will be cool to show you guys this.

Thats clearly fake and is probably from some romhack or something.

That's probably coincidence because the animations aren't symmetrical.

The original Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly was originally more ambitious. Among other things, the plotline would've dealt with Ripto teaming up with Gnasty Gnorc and the game would've been much larger. Unfortunately, it was rushed for a winter release and well...

Fair enough

>Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
Don't remind me, user. I bought that hoping for something neat back in 2005, and I wanted it in 2002 and got YotD instead. Best thing that ever happened. 2005, not so much.

Me if you catch my drift

Come on, sonygger. Tell us something about bloodborne. Have a go at it.

Games for Nintendo consoles are generally easier to hack into.

Not the same user but here:
bloodborne-wiki.com/p/unused-content.html

What if the original Quake was released as an RPG about a Thor inspired character like how it was originally?

Weren't these the original enemies from Tanetane that got replaced by Eerie Smiles?