Post your
>favorite generic
>favorite game
>favorite protagonist
>least favorite protagonist
>least favorite game
>least favorite generic

>Celestial Host
>2 PSP (hyped for the PC version with the DLC we never got)
>Laharal
>Mao
>Sinner

Healer
Laharl
Mao
DD2
Can't think of one

>Angel Lord
>4
>Valvatorez
>Mao (but he's still cool)
>3
>Uhh... Shit I dunno. Most monsters I guess. Dragons are kinda disappointing.

I guess I'll bump the thread with my picks.

>Felynn/Armor Knight (post-D4)
>5
>Laharl
>Adell
>3/4 (the latter because they took out far too many classes that disrupt my party balance + map design, but that's shared between the two)
>Thief/Gunner

Disgaea 6 when

Why is Seraphina so hot

Wheee, I JUST got DD2 yesterday and was about to start a thread!

Generic: Good ol' warrior
Game: So far, DD2. But 2 otherwise.
Favorite protest: Adell
Least: Mao
Least Favorite game: 3
Least favorite generic: The new male healers. I liked the badass looking ones from 3, and were good with spears to boot? Why did they feel the need to play the trap card?

But the male healer has the best initial evility out of the two healers if D5 is anything to go by. Plus, he's cute.

Its a shame both healers lost the death heal evility though.

>Mage
>2 DHD
>Adell
>Mao
>_1
>Male samurai

What gappened to generics getting cool personal skills? I remember my healer having this ability that did damage based on her Res. That was cool.

That seems to be a vita only skill for whatever reason despite the game giving other generics cool moves to use in 5.

How do you guys keep from getting burned out when getting super autistic about stats and levelling everything?
Should I just complete the main story before doing anything like Item World and reincarnation or anything?

That depends largely on you. In most games you have to reincarnate to continue to unlock the higher tiers so its usually in your best interest to do that at least.

Ah I see. I do really enjoy doing stuff like that and trying my hardest to level everything perfect but it burns me out after a few hours.
Any tips on making it more entertaining?

Generic: Armor Knight
Game: any one between 1, D2 or 5. Just not 2 or 3.
Fav Protag: Laharl
Least:Adell
Least game: that I finished, 2, that I didn't finish, 3
Least generic: dunno.

I wish there was some way to play the Vita version of 4 without having a Vita :(

Reincarnated character are usually still pretty strong even at level 1 due to their equipment and will become stronger with each level up so maybe try just continuing on with the current maps you are on and see how well they can handle it.

There will likely be a PC version that will come out in a few years.

Bought Disgaea 5 on sale, and I just can't help but feel like I'm playing it wrong. Despite the characters all being the same level, and all using the best equipment available at the time, basically everyone but Killia is completely useless.
First Disgaea, can I get some tips on how not to end a level with one character left alive.

What is the rest of your team?

Skull
D4
Laharl
Mao
D3

armor knight
mao___
i like all of them
that weird onion looking thing from 1

Seraphina, Red Magnus, Zeroken, Izuna, Generic Healer, Generic Warrior, Twin Dragon, and Metallia.
Almost all of them, with the exception of Metallia, Red Magnus, and Twin Dragon, die without doing anything, and even when they do, there attacks barely pass 100 damage while Killia is doing 800+.
I'm trying to pair them against enemies that are weak to there type, but it doesn't really seem to help.
Zeroken is especially uselss.

Get a healer and use defense buffs. My healer is my highest level character so far by a pretty good bit (On chapter 7 I think?). She heals enough to fully recover anyone with the basic heal and with an evility can still put out good damage with a bow. Otherwise most of my killing is done by Seraphina - she gets a straight damage boost against like half the enemies in the game and if you have an imp magichange into a gun she gets an extra damage bonus against enemies that are a lower level than she is. She'll basically one shot any male unit and is the main damage dealer against bosses.

The moves that buff HIT and SPD and the like don't fuck around either, they can really up the damage done by any bow, gun or fist user. With a professor the increase is even more noticable and they can just hang in the back. Move a character into range of the buff, cast it, and then cancel that characters move so they return to where they were and can head out into the front lines. Keeps your buffers nice and safe.

Also, the throwing overlord Logan is useful as fuck for launching units all over the map.

Other then keeping their equipment up to date, you can look into what evilites they currently have and can learn and see which of those can help you. It also wouldn't hurt to spend some time having the beat up weaker enemies to build up their weapon skill level as that will make you stronger and get you new skills.

Extreme Outlaw King>Sadistic Emotion>Moving On>Arcadian Vampire

Sabat is better then all of them combined.

If the D1 port is any indication it'll be atrocious.

Some basic tips are to remember to update weapons/armor every chapter. You can move characters to join in for team attacks and then cancel their move afterwards, they all they exp that way. Attack magic sucks at first but as you use it the range increases until you can hit guys from something like 7 panels away, so it can be very useful. Buffs and stuff are again, very useful, so remember to use those too.

Killia, Seraphina and my mage have been doing most of the killing. I have an archer I scoot around the map for support attacks, Logan for throwing people half way across the map, and a professor for damage buffs. Healer makes sure that if my units can survive one hit they pretty much cant die.

There are a LOT of extra systems, so remember to use them. If you unlock the cheat shop you can help units level up faster for example. You can eat curry for stat bonuses on maps. Leveling up squads is pretty useful.

One thing I learned recently is that your characters still benefit from innocents in their sub weapon even if they are not using it. So those weapons from quests with a (!) icon are super handy. I have one that recovers SP every turn, one that has a chance to charm enemies I hit and one that gives me a chance to capture enemies I kill.

You can also get some pretty sweet shit from the character world - got my healer an evility that makes it so she can not be crit. The item world is also an easy way to capture enemies in bulk if you want to, leveling up squads can offer a pretty big boost.

>still no Disgaea 5 on PC
>instead they're releasing all the ancient games first

It's going to be another 10 years before D5 is ported over.

>people hating on Mao

Fucking disgusting

D1 for PC is the best version of the game since they updated it in August.

Asagi should be the main character of 6.

Planning on doing a generic-only run of Disgaea 5's story and into post-game. Tried doing it in D2 at Chapter 10 and I've never felt more gimped.

Just make a bunch of Sages and the Foxes to Magichange with

>Tried doing it in D2 at Chapter 10 and I've never felt more gimped.
How so? Generics are great in 2.

I played D5 for like 130 hours and there are still systems I haven't touched (chara world) or even unlocked (loc).
I know there are people that are totally into it, but I honestly feel like they may have overdone it. I feel bad for not experiencing that content, but I also feel like I'm done with that game regardless :(

Am I the only one bummed we havent gotten a sequel to any of their other strategy games? Makai Kingdom/Phantom Brave/La Pycelle 2 when?

Is overlord Priere practically cannon? I hate that in her own game she's was a good guy, and even in her "overlord" ending, she seemed thoroughly upset at the situation, but in all her cameo appearances, she comes off as a stone cold bitch. What happened?

I do this sometimes too lol

I got too into reincarnating and now I'm stuck in a leveling rut.

>level 25
>still has double digit stats
Why is Christo so shit?

They're doing 1 a year, so you'll get 5/6 before the ps5 comes out.

Is reincarnating into other classes ever worth it in D5?

It is to get their Evilities and make your unit overall stronger.

I spent too much time in the item world and now I feel e tirely too over powered for the story. Whoops.

Why was she so much better than Seraphina?

Is it because Sera was a stupid slut and not a prudish-yet-sweet Ojou?

Her interactions with Adell were and continue to be very endearing.

Open armpit.

>being this canon

How is Adell so alpha for a dude who complains about women all the time?

He got over it when he met and spent time with her.

>favorite generic
Girl Mage

>favorite game
I'd say 4 so far but from what I played of the 5 demo it seemed much more polished. Haven't had a chance to fully play 5 yet.

>favorite protagonist
Mao

Laharl

>least favorite game
Probably 1 because of dated mechanics but it has Flonne in it to save things.

>least favorite generic
Orcs. Ghosts too because of Pixie Prank.

Which version of the mage do you like best?

Disgaea D2 and 5 were both awful

Hope NIS gets their shit together with the characters for Disgaea 6

>Female mage
>D1 story-wise, D5 gameplay-wise
>Laharl
>Mao
>D3
>Sinner

>favourite generic
Necromancer
>favourite game
Disgaea 3
>favourite protagonist
Mao
>least favourite protagonist
Adell
>least favourite game
DD2
>least favourite generic
That's a tricky one. Slumber Cat, probably.

You forgot:
>best girl
Which is pic related

the D2 onward one

I like them better as well.

>tumblr.jpg
>favorite is Mao
>least favorite is Laharl
>least favorite is one

Am I being trolled softly?

>pic related
>1 or 2 (though I'm really enjoying 5 so far)
>Laharl
>Mao or maybe Adell
>hard to pick but 4 isn't as charming as the other ones
>some MON class I never use

Paying attention to enemies' strengths and weaknesses will aid you greatly. Zombies for example are usually strong against fists and most regular weapons but are susceptible to magic.

Also buff and debuff/do combos as much as you can.

Does anyone else like giving "utility" spells (brave, shield, etc..) to fighters, just to give them the ability to buff themselves?

>Least favorite
>Laharl

Please elaborate.

I've done it before. Its nice when they have a free turn to use them.

Best girl. She also had the best story if you take away all the curry nonsense. The only thing I hated was how later on all her lines were replaced with "dude curry lmao"

>dat twirl at the end

Now I gotta listen to Sinful Rose for the 8 millionth time.

Disgaea 5 - Skull Kid

Disgaea DS (Prinny Commentary and faster combat in exchange for slightly worse graphics and no voice over in cutscenes)

Laharl

Mao

Disgaea 2 or 3

One of the monsters or classic male cleric I guess.

>caring that a filename has tumblr on it

That artist has it to store pics from twitter on it, and finding a particular pic on twitter is a hassle.

I only listed 1 as least favorite because mechanics wise it's the most outdated, and doesn't have the same customization level as later games. My favorite Disgaea character is Flonne though.

Not everyone is gonna love Laharl, just like not everyone hates Mao.

Our of the main characters up to 4 he feels the most "eh" to me. You could argue Mao is the same shit with mad scientist barely slapped on top, but I've faced some of the same guilt/trust issues so that's what makes him more relatable in my case.

She probably had the best story in Disgaea 5, but she isn't exactly up against some tough competition in that regard.

Magnus, Seraphina and that ninja guy didn't do much and Killia is probably the least interesting protagonist in the series.

I like Mao, I understand what you're saying and I don't think he's Laharl 2.0 like some people do.

Even if you take Laharl generally being fun as a protagonist out of the equation though, which is a subjective quality, he does have a lot of character development unlike, say, Valvatorez who doesn't have any.

>favorite generic
Professor (Cute mad scientist girl who can make people and herself big )

>favorite game
Disgaea 2 (Loved the characters and story.)

>favorite protagonist
Adell (He can seem boring, but he kicks ass with his fists and gets shit done.)

Fuka (I would put Laharl here but fuck it, Fuka is one of THE MOST insufferable pieces of shits I've ever experienced in a game.)

>least favorite game
Disgaea 4 (It started out great, but then the story shit the bed after they go into space)

>least favorite generic
Geomancer (Never really used them.)

>Fuka
I didn't think we were counting supporting characters as 'protagonists', or else it'd be her.

I maintain she is not just the worst Disgaea girl, but the worst NIS girl.

When will it be her time to shine?

In Prinny 3.

Prinny
Disgaea 2
Zetta (fuck you, he counts)
Adell
Disgaea 3
Mothmen