This is the best Pokemon game. Say something nice about her!

This is the best Pokemon game. Say something nice about her!

No it isn't

The Johto remakes and Platinum are the best games. Emerald is up there but it's brought down by Hoenn being such a shit region.

>inb4 too much water maymay

It's actually a valid complaint, because in Pokemon wild encounters can happen wherever you are in water, unlike in land routes where it's only in tall grass spots. So it's like half the region's overworld is one big slog of a dungeon.

That's ironic considering literally the entirety of Sinnoh's overworld is a slog, which can't be fixed with repels.

Platinum for me. Post-game was pretty good. All those rematches. That survival area with all gym leaders.

>go back to HGSS
>just chill around with the 8bit sountrack

user, thats not Sun/Moon

Third best. Still fucking fantastic, though. Shame ORAS had to fuck it up. Wonder if the same thing will happen with Platinum. plz no

Still in the honeymoon phase are we? SM's a solid game, but has enough poor game design that it's not even close to the best.

Oops, wrong pic

Pic related and abilities and natures are the only things I like from gen 3.

how so?

It's 4th place, I'll give you that.

This is correct

It's a girl?!?!

fug

whats this fug thing all about then.

as someone who's played emerald and omega ruby i have to say, the idea of playing through another sinnoh game makes me want to slit my wrists. something about it is such a fucking drag. this is really where the series started going downhill with the designs. too much water and caves is what im guessing.
idk, im no expert on pokemon games but i can replay blue and red over and over and never get tired of them for some reason. maybe its nostalgia.

black and white 2 is the best

>hoenn such a shit region
>platinum is better

sinnohfags are fucking retarded

>snow
>swamp
>general slow as shit gameplay (which was even sped up from D/P but still slow as shit)

stop changing my original image please

>platinum
>inferior battle frontier
>SLOW as shit
>garbage region, no variety in environment until the post game area which is all jam packed into a small place
>poor OST
>worst pokemon designs with plenty of babymon and shitty evos of previous gens
>worst usage of HMs in the entire series
>Mount HMnett

can't wait for this gen 4 nostalgiafag phase to end

>gen 3
>good
>no physical/special split
>3 water HMs
>shit region

Oh Hoennbabbies, never learn, do you?

>no physical/spec split
doesn't make a difference in single player (neither gen 3/4 are played multiplayer anymore)

>3 water HMs
better than 2 visibility ones (defog and flash which is a TM but lolno fuck you you still need it) and the other shit. At least dive is cool

>shit region
no matter what you think about hoenn, it's still a lot better than sinnoh

any other pressing concerns? You couldn't even come up with a list half as long as mine or correct

by the way I started with Blue and B2/W2 are my favorites

fuck, i meant hoenn. get those mixed up. get kanto and kalos mixed up as well.

Gen 3 as a whole was the best though.
>Emerald
>god tier spin offs
>comfy graphics
No phys/spec split is the worst part about it.

>>worst usage of HMs in the entire series
You need two HM slaves to get through Hoenn's victory road. There's no worst HM usage, not to mention all that diving shit and water routes infested with Wingulls and Tentacools

>3 Water HMs
Dive and waterfall are mostly optional, Hoenn's HMs are very easy to manage and you can drop most moves by the second half of the game, the only time you must carry multiple slaves is when unlocking the Reggi cave puzzle but that's it

Compare this with Sinnoh's bullshit Rock Climb which shows up everywhere and completely fucks management, you end up needing to carry two slaves if you want to completely explore caves and routes because four movel imitation

uh huh how many HMs do you need to mount coronet which you visit multiple times rather than just once?

you don't seem to understand I'm not praising Hoenn's region here (although it did a lot of things right like variety and seamlessness), I'm attacking sinnoh's horrid design

Gen 3 would have been god tier with day night cycle, special split and following pokémon

>>poor OST
way better than trumpets

I think you forgot about the shitfest that was RSE victory road.

>Dive and waterfall are mostly optional

You should replay Emerald

actually no, the soundfront for gen 4 (specifically sinnoh games, it was improved a bit in HG/SS) are complete trash. I mute my volume everytime I'm in floaroma town.

That aside, the melodic structure of sinnoh (outside of the great battle themes that don't play often) are poorer than hoenn's themes

I'm sorry that shitty 3DS remake forgot you existed

>pre special split

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA no

>shit environment variety
Literally has all the same ones as the last game except they had snowy routes instead of deserts.
In terms of its map, it's pretty well designed I think. It crisscrosses itself and doesn't feel like the player is being lead along a straight line, even though they are. Without HMs it'd be almost perfect. Hoenn is HM crazy too, Dive is no better than Rock Climb.

leaving out generic shit like grasslands, water, etc that's in every pokemon, the main region of sinnoh has rocks, snow and swamp

hoenn has rocks, soot, lava, desert, jungle, and underwater

here is a picture for comparison

not pictured: sinnoh underground, hoenn underwater/lava

Hoenn is 50% water

Also that pic is not to scale.

>hoenn is 50% water
and?

>not so scale

size doesn't matter I'm discussing region variety

You forgot the battle resort island.

Gen V was the best.

>there's people right now who spout shit like this but missed the entire line of DS games

no these are for the main game only, no post game

heartgold and soulsilver are the most overrated pokemon games and platinum only seems good because diamond and pearl are the worst in the series

The german word for flying type is Flug. When an user posted a german game's Rayquaza on /vp/, a bunch of filthy memers changed it to fug.

>SLOW as shit
Diamond and Pearl were the slow ones. Platinum fixed most of their flaws.
You clearly have no idea of what you're talking about and it shows that you're only re-memeing /vp/ crap.

Emerald only seems good because RS are the worst main games in the series.

>Johto remakes
>best

they didn't even bother fixing the atrocious level scaling

platinum is still slow as shit, despite speeding up D/P. This isn't only in the overworld but in the battles as well. Don't believe me? Boot up platinum and use close combat on a level 100 blissey with max hp EV/IVs

HGSS and Platinum are still slow as hell, I just tried playing them yesterday. Fast compared to DP maybe, but that shit is still Battle Revolution tier sluggish.

>Shame ORAS had to fuck it up.
Funny, I thought they were superior to R/S/E in every single way.
I really don't like seeing people saying ORAS are shit and never backing it up.

How the fuck you guys act like "too much water" is not a problem in a Pokemon game? How the fuck anyone with a half brain would think this makes any sense?

Water in pokemon is annoying as shit. GREATLY limits the variety of wild pokemon. Also limits even the trainers variety. And you are forced to keep with an HM slave all the fucking time.

Holy fuck.

because the water in hoenn has a bunch of caves and areas to explore including underwater, it's not like surfing in kanto or some shit

>water in pokemon is annoying as shit

repels?

>limits variety

I agree thankfully there are plenty of landmarks in the ocean to combat this

also you don't need an HM slave for surf it's one of the best water moves, I would argue THE best water move in gen 3

>How the fuck you guys act like "too much water" is not a problem in a Pokemon game?
It's not. If the encounter rate bothers you (and it shouldn't because it's greatly reduced in the water) get some repels.
>GREATLY limits the variety of wild pokemon.
You seem to have tunnel vision and don't seem to remember that not every single route in pokemon has 20+ varieties.
>And you are forced to keep with an HM slave all the fucking time.
Playing through the story you should always have an HM slave anyway, and surf is the best water type move so if you have a special oriented water type, you should have surf.

>dive is only used in the ocean and sunken ship
>after seafloor cave and sootopolis you don't even need it anymore unless you want to explore the ocean
>Waterfall is only used once and right before the victory road
And the victory road itself only requires two, after that you're pretty much done with HMs

>someone says OR/AS sucked.
How could you possibly not like them?

>And the victory road itself only requires two

flash, rock smash, strength, surf, waterfall

because it's a remake inferior to a version that came out 8 years ago

>abilities
>natures
>double battles
>overworld weather
>varied environments
>more new pokemon than gen 2 (and gen 4)
>unique pokemon sprites for the first time in the series (that are still used to this day)
>tons of optional/secret areas
>first real story in a pokemon game
>an actual postgame
>battle tower (that's actually good unlike the shitty crystal version)
I could go on. I've played every single game in the series except B/W2, and I don't see how there's any argument for Emerald not being among the best. RSE added so much to the series.

Sinnoh has the exact same wild encounter problem as Hoenn, and I'd argue it's even worse in Sinnoh because Gen IV's engine is slow as shit.

Meanwhile a bunch of repels and silky smooth 60FPS in Emerad makes the waters of Hoenn a fun place to explore. Double the content too for underwater.

And for all the shit that ORAS gets, it halved water encounter rates so that the Ocean was more bearable without repels AND gave the option for fast travel on water with Sharpedo, before SM did it.

I uninronically think SnM is the best pokemon game

>>first real story in a pokemon game

Featuring the most retarded teams in the franchise.
Good job

Better than RS, worse than Emerald.
A short list of reasons because I'm tired of saying this everytime
>no gym leader rematches
>nerfed enemy trainers
>none of Emerald's double battles that could be triggered by walking into the view of multiple trainers at once
>nerfed safari zone
>casualized contests
>removed pokeblock minigame
>no game corner thanks to eurofags
>no match call or trainer rematches
>zinnia
>no battle frontier
>handing out legendaries for free less than halfway through the game
Etc

I'm glad that you're not ORAS.

Alright, motherfucker. Let's go.
>Delta Episode is inferior to Fug screaming and making Groudon and Kyorge shit themselves, mostly because Zinnia is a shit
>Easiest game in the franchise, giving you two of the most powerful non-box legendaries period by the fourth gym, and giving gym leaders pushover baby teams
>Battle Maison, the objectively worst battle facility, instead of Emerald's Battle Frontier, the absolute best period.
>New Mawille is the worst town to ever be put into a Pokemon game, period. I've never had so much trouble getting around
>What the fuck is up with the railroading and shit?

Why do people think using this template makes their hot opinions the objective truth?

>because it's a remake inferior to a version that came out 8 years ago
But that's not fucking possible. It's upgraded in EVERY SINGLE WAY.

I played them a long time ago, but I remember them being much easier, the performance was shit (a problem with every game from that gen, really) and I the soundtrack was super hit and miss for me. Plus >muh bf, which I know was not originally in RS, but since every remake included features from the third version, it was not farfetched to expect the frontier to make a comeback, and when it didn't well, it sucked.

What opinions?

>WAHHH HOENN HAS TOO MUCH WATER
>Team Magma is so retarded. Getting rid of the water? What were they thinking?

Ignore them, they think every new pokemon game or remake should come with a free blowjob and hand you all 700+ pokemon to you all at once while having pure, 100% perfect graphics injected into your bloodstream.

I believe you are mistaking emerald, which came out 8 years before OR/AS, to ruby and sapphire

no ones care if ORAS is better than R/S when it's shittier than emerald

I mean, are you going to refute any of it?

>the performance was shit
I played on a n3DS and had no problems with the fps.
>muh bf
It would just be 7 battle maisons, and we all know how much everyone hates the battle tower/subway/maison. There's no point to including a frontier anymore because people would just bitch about RNG.

It really is a tragedy, since the original image just stated facts about the fucked up way RBY worked. All the "problems with X generation" images after that are full of editorializing and stupid subjective bullshit

The only reason people have to tell me Emerald is the best game is the everything about the Battle Frontier, and I'd agree with them always

What the fuck is there to refute?
"Game is shit."
What am I supposed to say back to that? "No it isn't"? What do you want from me?
The only thing Emerald included over R/S was the battle frontier and added a phone so NPCs could call you all the fucking time.
And let's be honest, if you're really complaining about the lack of frontier you can fuck off.
The improvements OR/AS made over R/S/E are phenomenal.

>no physical bonus for buying the games
Cmon, are you fucking serious? I don't even like ORAS but that has got to be the stupidest complaint I've ever seen about the games

the battle tower/subway/maisons suck dick because they're just regular battles I can do online

shit like pyramid and factory are why the frontier are great

>shit like pyramid and factory are why the frontier are great
You mean being unfair and even more luck based than the tower/subway/maison?

>only thing
>trainer rematches
>gym leader rematches
>the frontier like you said which is 100+ hours of gameplay if not more
>reduced difficulty when the original games were easy
>butchered trick house
>butchered dungeons like rayquaza's or removal of desert tower all in the name of accessibility

no thanks sir, I'll boot up my emulator and play online with S/M

I played it on an OG 3DS and the performance was shit.

Also speak for yourself, I loved every bit of the Battle Frontier.

Except people brought up points and you've said nothing in defense of your game.

>unfair

kek git gud, the pokemon in gen 3 BF didn't even have maxed out EVs like maison and shit.

>luck based

welcome to pokemon's battle system! enjoy your stay

>I played it on an OG 3DS and the performance was shit.
Well there you do. It's an n3ds game, it's only compatible with the 3DS because people would whine if it wasn't.
Get an n3ds. It's as smooth as a loli's pert ass on it.
>Also speak for yourself, I loved every bit of the Battle Frontier.
A lot of people seem to, but if you really think the remake is shit just because of the lack of battle frontier, you never liked any pokemon games to begin with and you should fuck off.

>Boot up platinum and use close combat on a level 100 blissey with max hp EV/IVs
I remember doing something like that near the League. Took easily a minute to drain out entirely.
Fucking hilarious.

I don't know how anyone can look at a remake that removes hundreds of hours of post game (frontier) and replace it with a glorified battle tower with a 1.5 hour OC do not steal character episode then say "yes, this is acceptable"

>Muh Sinnoh
>Muh Hoenn
Who cares, PMD blows them both out of the water

now imagine having to watch that shit everytime because blissey was prime in the gen 4 meta. fucking garbage

>you've said nothing in defense of your game.
I didn't think I needed to point upwards and say the sky is blue.

The graphics are more refined and beautiful, the colours are vivid and character models are greatly enhanced while keeping everything we liked about the region intact. Going through route 119 was still a grand adventure, the plot was expanded upon but not to the point of obnoxiously adding too many cutscenes like X and Y and Sun and Moon.
Pokemon variety was slightly improved upon, and then GREATLY expanded upon completion of the elite 4.
Secret bases are even more fun, now you can link up with people all across the world and explore their secret bases without needing to be sitting beside them.
There's a ton of legendaries post game to make completing the dex easier.
Delta Episode was a fitting and surprising climax (go ahead and tell me riding Rayquaza into space and beating the shit out of Deoxys wasn't cool, I dare you).

>not Ranger 1&2 or the GCN games

Easy. I never bothered with the battle frontier, it was a waste of time and I gained nothing from it.
I finished the pike and the tournament one once each and said that was enough and I didn't enjoy it.

>it's a n3ds game
It's a 3DS game regardless of what version you play it on. And one with a shit performance if you don't want to shell out money for a half upgraded revision.

Also I didn't say it was shit you retarded autist, I just prefer Emerald.

>Ranger
>"lol use a pokemon once then it's gone"
>GCN games
>XD

>I never bothered with the battle frontier, it was a waste of time and I gained nothing from it.

that's fair but understand you are in the minority

Is /vp/ right?

SM are awful an offer no substantial improvements to the pokemon formula. That being said, some of those complaints are ridiculous or flat out autistic; many of them are completely missing the point. For example, complaining about the lack of a breeding loop when the real problem is that breeding is just a fucking awful system to begin with.

I loved that Platinum allowed you to catch so many legendaries and some of them were cryptic. Only game where I bothered to complete the pokedex to unlock the regional. OST was great and Cynthia the best. I hope they bring back Underground and BF