Another year down, another year OoT remains King

It's nice that you can always count on certain things.

I wonder if Miyamoto knew the impact it would have. Hell, I wonder if a soul entering into a newborn baby on November 21, 1998, could have known growing up that their birthday coincided with the release of a game they would live to see adulthood before it was ever topped.

Seriously, no video game will ever be better than this.

So why did it receive the Greatest video game of all time title anyway?

It pioneered innovations across every genre in gaming, unified them into one solid and cohesive experience, laid the brickwork that all time-travel fiction since it has copied off, invented real-time generated cutscenes and facial animations, was the first mainstream GOAT to incorporate rumble as a game-changing mechanic, arguably the best looking game at the time of its release barring StarFox 64, introduced enemies with shifting battle phases (Stalfos), vehicular control over something that you mount and dismount in real-time and affects progression, and introduced the non-procedurally generated openworld genre in a practical way that no game has really tried to do since outside of maybe Majora's Mask.

>barring SF64

what?
SF hit in 1997, OOT in 1998
your messed up bro

Yes, barring. As in WITH THE EXCEPTION OF StarFox 64.

I'm saying StarFox is arguably the best-looking game of fifth-gen.

It's not that good desu

>I wonder if Miyamoto knew the impact it would have.

Probably not.

Yes it is famalam. Your favorite game is not that good.

Indeed it is not. Same can be said about your favorite game.

What does an unrelated console have to do with the fact he directed the greatest game ever?

>Still thinking that OoT is the holy grail
It received so much critical acclaim because there was a huge amount of hype and it translated Zelda into 3D. Since then it's become a vacuum of nostalgia and leftover praise that people fool themselves into believing it's better than it actually is.

I played it for the first time a few weeks ago, it's pretty meh

>enjoying Waiting: The Game

I don't recall saying it did, nowhere in my post did I say "pic related".

My favorite game is Ocarina of Time, so I can demonstrably prove by posts preceding yours that it is. Meanwhile you can't prove your favorite game isn't good because you're too scared to even mention it next to Ocarina of Time. What does that tell you about who is in denial here?

>mfw it's not even the best Zelda game.

you never even played Star Fox Zero

Egoraptoooooor!

Not in denial, just saying that it's not really that good in my opinion. No need to get this whiny. Then again
>Sup Forums
>not whiny

You're doing it again. What does a game he didn't direct himself have to do with the greatest game of fifth and every gen after?

Metroid prime is the best zelda game

Except critics said it was the best game ever made on release, too.

k

k

Miyamoto, while involved, was not solely responsible for the best game of all time user.

Not that guy but, you must realize how stupid you sound.

I don't care that you like X game but, christ, man. Look at film "critics" 50 years ago. That was actually criticism. That's not what game "critics" do. Game "critics" are simply consumer reviewers. They're equal to consumer reports or blue book and they judge games based upon consumer value, not artistic merit or achievement.

Not that guy, but
>not artistic merit or achievement.

Both of which Ocarina of Time has more of, by leagues than any other video game.

>arguably the best looking game at the time of its release barring StarFox 64

It's funny you say that because the people who worked on Star Fox 2 all agreed that the game looked muddy and ugly.

>Both of which Ocarina of Time has more of, by leagues than any other video game.

Ocarina has everything but the fun factor

That's literally what I said. They liked it because of the wow factor of playing Zelda in 3D and without a Zelda release in years. It's mediocre.

I'm not even talking about that.

I'm just saying: When you use "game reviewers" to back up your opinions, especially game reviewers of the 90s, it sounds stupid to a lot of people, and it makes you look like a rube.

But they were unto something.

Name 1 game since 1998 that would make you say "OH Yeah, that could've been done without Ocarina of Time" Or "Yeah, Ocarina of Time has nothing on this brand of campaign."

You freaking can't. From best to worst, every game owes everything to OoT.

Fuck off The Crow.