Why can't I use a gun in this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/revulsion-with-real-guns-inspired-developer-to-make-a-g-1768960503
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Guns don't work underwater. You can use torpedoes instead. Or man up and cut them with a 1000 degree knife

But they can easily implement a harpoon the deva just don't want to because they're SJWs

Fuck off retard.

Lmao fuckk off libcuck

because thematics

Because every hostile enemy after the stalker is either too huge to kill with small calibers or way too armored.

What does a harpoon have to do with politics?

kotaku.com/revulsion-with-real-guns-inspired-developer-to-make-a-g-1768960503

> inb4Kotaku

>I haven’t read all the comments here, but I’ll chime in here, as I’m the main reason we don’t have violent/weapons in the game.

Subnautica was being birthed right around the time of the Sandy Hook shooting. This was a particularly nasty shooting, although many people don’t realize America has school shootings every day. Every. Single. Day.

Yet, for reasons I cannot understand, our people and the corporations that influence our country want to continue making it easy for people to get, carry and use pistols, semi-automatic and fully-automatic weapons.

I’ve never believed that video game violence creates more real-world violence. But I couldn’t just sit by and “add more guns” to the world either.

So Subnautica is one vote towards a world with less guns. A reminder that there is another way forward. One where we use non-violent and more creative solutions to solve our problems. One where we are not at the top of the food chain.

Fuck guns, can the game not be an unoptimized piece of shit?

1060 6GB and I still cant get a constant 60 on lowest settings. I had to even delete some files to just stop the game from crashing. Apparently it happens if you save too much.

I want to love this game, but it runs like total garbage.

Yet the Prawn lets you beat the shit out things and there are torpedoes.

is this some backwards ass attempt at a subnautica thread by addressing shitposts in the OP?

the developers said they dont like guns or somethin. and that it would trivialize the enemies.

FEMALE MODEL FUCKING WHEN
I DONT WANNA PLAY AS THIS UGLY ASS NIGGA

its cause many sjw's are whales and items that represent harm to them or their pod trigger them obviously

it's the MH strategy, sometimes it works wonders

>Implying a gun would do anything to a fucking Reaper

I mean, I know you faggot(s) don't play but come on.

Oh my god get the fuck out.

You don't belong in this board.

so we're just starting these threads with the bait now?
what will be the next evolution in subnautica shitposting?

>gun
>100000 feet below sea

shit will not work even with republican agenda

?????

WE

Why would i want generic space gun #337 when i can grapple onto native wildlife and beat the shit out of them in my exosuit

Harpoon Gun with a reel would be the best thing.
>Harpoon small fish and reel them in
>Can harpoon onto larger things and you get towed by them
>detachable reel

>that comment section
>liberals are that sheltered

>2017
>STILL being a libcuck

>one of the game devs wants humans to no longer be at top of the food chain because of human privilege

That's not what he meant at all you retarded ape.

Not him but the devs mentioned a while ago that they don't approve of guns.

That being said, guns or spears would make the game less fun. They also wouldn't work well against the monsters unless they were huge and mounted on a vessel of some sort.
>t. spearo who also owns guns

Fuck off you libcuck.

>although many people don’t realize America has school shootings every day. Every. Single. Day.
There is virtually no way this is true.

He meant not top of the food chain within the self contained world of Subnautica because you are a lone survivor in a giant ocean.

maybe he meant mass shootings

since those are classified as 3 or more people involved, and they don't even have to die, there's a fuckton of them

What country the size of murrika doesnt have them?

>you will never get a spear and be able to ooga booga a sandshark to death

Russia maybe, China too, India, but it's hard to tell sometimes because a lot of crimes aren't actually recorded, and the US's guns per capita is fucking massive compared to everywhere else

ONE dev wrote a blog post outlying his disdain for guns. The LEAD dev in an interview much later gave the actual reasons as to why they weren't in the game and it contradicts what the other dev said.

>BUT MY SHITPOSTS

Out of curiosity, what did the lead dev say?

>United States
>homicide
>3.43
>suicide
>6.69

Sounds to me like most gun owners are only a danger to themselves.

Delet this pls.
I was lying and don't have anything to say. Pls delet this. Pls. PLS.

when you give people the means to easily off themselves for $200, a lot of them will take the offer

Reminder that the lazy fucks scrapped the Rock puncher

There is totally shootings every day, but it's just because of a high population with access to guns and drugs. Honestly, liberals and conservatives both understand there is gun violence, but are different in how they want to fix it. Liberals think taking the guns away stops it entirely, while conservatives think every man who has a gun is equal in power. Both are wrong.

Well looks like I was wrong, the lead producer's interview was earlier. He lays out that they simply wanted to go for a different approach to gameplay than what they made and played in the past. The whole moral opposition to guns in the game is easily called out by the fact that the core team for this game are the same people that did the Natural Selection games.

>what is a propulsion cannon
>it pulls in fish you fire it at

its a sci fi spear gun

if you want to get towed by larger creatures use the grappling hook

>Both are wrong.
(You)

that's pretty end-game though and only available on the prawn, a smaller handheld version would be really nice to have for collecting fish and fucking around

that guy is not even a dev, he is their puplic relations person. i dont even know why they even listen to that australian fucktard, just send him home.

the thing is only effective out to 11m at 40m under the water. this is a game where you can go to down to like 2km

again, what is a propulsion cannon.
literately the first thing you get to build after the sea glide. its literally a future spear gun, even though you gotta have to kill the fish via fabricator later. and it can be upgraded to the fuck off cannon. smacks larger fish so hard against rocks and reefs they die twitching from internal bleeding. if the angle is right you can make them go sub orbital

it also does not poses any effective range. those flechettes lose way to much speed to be lethal, there was a reason the spez naz never really used that piece of crap, and sent their prototypes back

I want to fuck a Mesmer.

I want to get fucked by a Warper.

I was thinking of getting this game, then I heard it's made by leftist SJWs. Is this true?

Real question: Why can't I play this game? I have a GTX 980Ti, 16gb of RAM, and run it off my SSD. Was able to play it fine for a few hours and now it crashes whenever I move in any direction.

Yes 100% true.

Avoid at all costs.

>OH SHIT ITS A REAP-
>pew pew
>oh nvm i killed it lel

Its called atmosphere and tension. For once you're not at the top of the food chain. Plus the game gives you more than enough resources to protect yourself.

Alrighty then. Quite a shame, the game looks interesting, but I cannot enable SJWs.

Like you couldn't even wait until the next subnautica thread

off yourself

>for once you're not at the top of the food chain
Fuck off libcuck.

Yeah, don't let these libcuck games poison your mind.

Newest update is amazing. Can't wait till they put the rescue ship in the game and then watch as it gets shot down by the gun

Shut the fuck up you stupid fucking libcuck.

Get the fuck out of here with your cuck game. Get the fuck out.

t. can't afford the game or the PC necessary to play

Post Seabases senpaitachi

>cuck cuck cuck

I really want winter break to end. You little nigglets get out of daycare and spread your faggotry for 2 weeks every winter.

Here's some decent content for your thread.

I've heard the game has been getting significantly worse every update for months now.
Any truth to that?

Yes it has.

They can't even finish the game.

The opposite, to be honest. The earlier builds had a lot of memory leaks, proneness to crashing, and basically fuck-all to do other than make a pretty base. There's not MUCH more now, but there's actual goals aside from building one base. Exploring the various alien ruins, building your mech, rebuilding shit. Noticably more stable now too.

Why can't rhe devs be smart and make explosive harpoons that blast chunks out of the big beasties? Fuck it doesn't even have to kill them, just severely wounds animals to fuck off.

What features do they still need to implement before they finish?

Probably an end-game. The big fuck-off gun says you're infected and that's where the content ends. Presumably you need a cure, you turn off the gun before the rescue ship comes back, game over.

>not wanting to play as a Turkish Slav
It's like you don't even hate yourself

>Roach
>Slav
Fucking two breeds of subhuman. Should have kept it as a fucking faceless male diver.

fuck you

Are all the creatures implemented yet?

I don't know how many are supposed to be in the game, I know the super-fuckhuge one isn't done yet.

Why are muricans so fond of guns?

I bought the game and I am loving it. Where can I find out the update timelines? Im just starting out on Hardcore. Is there any difference between Hardcore/Survival?

have you ever shot a gun?

Yes. And there's nothing satisfying about it.

Are you that faggot who got scared about shooting a virtual gun in the occulus rift?

I hunt, I eat the meat.

after it told me i was infected it also said something about a 2nd installation at 800 meters depth 1.5km away, i havent been able to go that deep yet though.

Future marxist hyper liberal society that isn't there to spear whales and shoot the natives, so their ship has no weaponry blueprints for their replicators to make.

I am pol as fuck and I am getting pretty sick of people complaining about games because the design doesn't fit their fucking ideology.

>Projectiles doing shit underwater
Cute.

desu i don't even want guns in the game

>Game doesn't have guns and isn't a generic shooter
>RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LIBRUULLLLLLSSSS

I wanted her to eat that little bit of mashed potatoes and then violently explode.

I don't get why you faggot ass hunters get your rocks off on shooting shit all the time. Fishing is so much more fun and rewarding and you get a significantly wider variety of food.

That being said I do appreciate you guys keeping the deer population down. Hunting is illegal here and the bastards have basically taken over.

i mean harpoons do shit to whales which are a lot fucking bigger than a reaper.

now the emperor/dragon leviathan won't give 2 shits

>spoiler

you are coll with me pol

I don't think you understand how harpoons work.

Harpoons don't kill whales. They barely even hurt them. The way it works is that a harpoon is attached to a powerful and strong rope or chain, so that when the whale is impaled, it is then attached to the boat.

A strong enough boat is able to keep a whale from moving. When a whale is panicked it tries to dive deep underwater. After a while a whale gets exhausted from the struggle and floats to the surface to catch its breath. That's when whalers use stronger weapons, guns, explosives, or whatever to properly kill a whale.

>there's nothing satisfying about it.
Fuck off Kuntzman

Honestly, if anything, this game's fucking pro-weaponry. Literally all events related to anyone related to the human faction coming to the planet gets shot down because they're unarmed idiots.

kinda related

>A giant bowhead whale caught off the coast of Alaska had a harpoon point embedded in its neck that showed it survived a similar hunt – more than a century ago.
Biologists claim the find helps prove the bowhead is the oldest living mammal on earth.
They say the 13-centimetre arrow-shaped fragment dates back to around 1880, meaning the 50-ton whale had been coasting around the freezing arctic waters since Victorian times.

>Because traditional whale hunters never took calves, experts estimate the bowhead was several years old when it was first shot and about 130 when it died last month.
"No other finding has been so precise," said John Bockstoce, a curator at the New Bedford Whaling Museum in Massachusetts.
Calculating a bowhead whale's age can be difficult, and is usually gauged by amino acids in the eye lenses.
It is rare to find one that has lived more than a century, but experts now believe the oldest were close to 200 years old.
The weapon fragment lodged in a bone between the whale's neck and shoulder blade comes from a 19th century bomb lance.