Why do people play Final Fantasy or any other JRPG when SMT exists?

Why do people play Final Fantasy or any other JRPG when SMT exists?

Coming from a FF and Tales background, I played and beat SMT3, SMT4, and DDS1, and I am convinced that the SMT series offer the best JRPG experience.

The SMT stories are more serious and mature in nature. The moral decisions posed are morally ambiguous and significantly affect the outcome of the story. Traditional plot devices including twists are all included as well.

The gameplay itself is far better in comparison to FF. The press turn mechanic is genius because it promotes shifting between different party members and skills to exploit enemy weaknesses and reduce getting damaged yourself. Even status aliments become useful because of some enemies having weaknesses to them which would otherwise take a long time to defeat due to their complementary affinities of having high HP and physical defense. Status boosts become useful as well in boss fights because of the introduction of half turns which cannot be used to earn an extra turn icon if your turn icons are maxed out with half turns. To contrast, in every FF games, you can spam your most powerful ability such as Trine and Beta to win battles regardless of the enemy elemental affinities.

Plus, the music and atmosphere has been consistently good throughout the SMT series and arguably better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zHdOXCoja-c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jesus Christ, just go play Wizardry.

FF appeals to casuals better

As much as I love SMT, sometimes I want a different system than a pokemon clone.

Because not everyone likes the shit setting, just like some FF fans love ivalice and others think it's a big prolapsed anus and can't stand it.

It's pretty different from Pokemon though. And MT started well before Pokemon. You usually have a party and the dialogue system isn't limited to just capturing demons.

Post YFW

youtube.com/watch?v=zHdOXCoja-c

>why do people eat mcdonald's when burger king exists

Because different things are fun sometimes

Why do people play SMT when Etrian Odyssey exists?

>Why do people play Final Fantasy or any other JRPG when SMT exists?
For the simple reason that one has a larger budget, more marketing, and the company that makes it actually cares about audiences outside of Japan.

>The moral decisions posed are morally ambiguous
>Fuck you angels
>Fuck you demons
>Fuck you demons and angels
>Fuck you all

Yes, let's play these 3 games over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

nocturne is fucking boring and shitty

>collect monsters
>make monsters fight for you
It's not literally pokemon but it's a pokemon clone

An SMTxPokemon crossover would work wonders. Even a PersonaxPokemon would work pretty well

Because every genre has entry level garbage

>muh SMT

>it's a pokemon clone
The first MegaTen game came out in 1987. The first Pokemon game came out in 1996. How is it a clone?

>instead of blizzard
>it's some gay shit like fubu

Bufu you cuck.

Hey man, that shit is fubulous.

Vi spezzo le catene

Just fuck off. Saying MegaTen is the end all be all of JRPGs just shows you know nothing. It's my favorite series but seeing people like you makes me sick.

no soy su slavo

Is there a worse fanbase than SMT? And to preempt the obligatory, no, Persona isn't worse, they at least keep their waifufaggotry contained in their own threads.

>instead of Light
>Its some gay shit JoJo reference

Based Jack Frost.

It doesn't matter which one came out first

Persona 1 is my favorite Megaten game tho.

DDS1/2 are one of my all time favorite jrpgs but I'm not a fan of demon catching and breading.
>The gameplay itself is far better in comparison to FF
Not really.