Subnautica Thread

Okay I got this, 2 hours in, I am having fun and I never was into those survive n' craft type games

While I am having fun, I don't know what the fuck to do sometimes. How do I not get killed in the forest by those croccodile like fuckers while cultivating fiber? How do I not get blasted by those allahu ackbar fishes and gather their powder? Can you craft a compass to make it a little easier to navigate?

Subnautica thread?

Are there weapons in this game? It says they removed weapons from fabricators, though

Or do you just run away from the big fuckers even later on?

Water ARK?

There's a spear gun that you can make at some point.

When is the release?

And no I'm not talking about the fucking early access shit.

what are the crafting priorities then?

So far I didn't see crashfish powders

this a bug?

I sometimes see graphical glitches sometimes

look inside the pod that the crashfish comes out of. sometimes theres powder in there

need weaponized crashfish

those fuckers hit pretty hard and tend to be where it's hard to swim away though

Even assuming you get hit by it.. You won't die.
But they turn relatively slowly and can be avoided about 60% of the time.

A pair of reapers spawned Inside the precursor base on the top level (out of water no less!)

I couldn't get a cap because they killed me. Is this a glitch?

blah blah devs are guncucks blah blah

muh rights blah blah

>Is this a glitch?
Clearly. Reapers have fixed spawnpoints with a certain radius and only spawn once the player gets close enough, clearly that point had the radius come out above the water.

Is that really why there's no guns in the game? Jesus fucking Christ, why are europeans like this.

what are you talking about

needs more wildlife which actually threaten and spook you, maybe something half the size of a reaper

How the hell do i make food?

grab fish and cook those fuckers in the fabricator

That's the reason exactly one dev uses. Another dev says they don't want to allow the use of guns because guns would trivialize enemy encounters and change the tone of the game from a tense-but-comfy underwater exploration game to a dull action game set underwater.

Took a few months off. Pretty spoopy.

well, the other dev might not be wrong

seaglider is fast enough to run from them
Or build a seamoth, these crocodile things cant harm you while you are inside it