Would a Metroid Prime 4 even sell well on the Switch? I have a bad feeling that if one were to be made, it would flop...

Would a Metroid Prime 4 even sell well on the Switch? I have a bad feeling that if one were to be made, it would flop. I believe the best course of action is announcing a 2D/2.5D Metroid game most notably the long awaited Metroid Dread (Metroid 5) for the Switch. The last 2D game came out in 2004 and the last mainline game came out in 2002, people are starving for a new 2D/2.5D mainline Metroid game.

The metroid name has been tarnished, so no. But it's necessary to repair the brand

How should they handle Samus's character in the next game? More focus on her as a person? Lest focus on the woman under the suit altogether?

DKCR outsold the entire Prime series, Metroid never sells well.

If it's a 2D/2.5D game, the same way they did in Fusion. Metroid is about gameplay first and for most, if I'm not having fun killing and exploring, then you fucked up right there.

I can easily turn that around and say metroid prime sold more than the entire FE series before fates. Doesn't mean shit

Customizable Samus.

If they want to repair the brand, then they need to give everyone what they want. Metroid Dread aka Metroid 5, people have been asking for this game for years. It was talked about more then Prime 3 and Hunters and it was talked about more than Other M. People are ready for a sequel to Metroid Fusion and a return to the 2D format.

Don't you dare try ruining my thread with your BS.

What are you basing any of that on?

I'm not answering your question and I've already reported you. The mods are back so I advise you to fuck off right before you get banned and I also advise you to tell your Zero Suit buddies the same. This a Metroid thread so fuck off somewhere else.

You're delusional if you think 2d metroid is more popular than prime, get out of your bubble

I love both equally but the general public only jerks off to prime

2D Metroid being associated with people like you is not the main reason why a new game is never happening, but it also helps.

It faggot, every 2D game sold better than every Prime except the first with Zero Mission (a remake) being the only exception. Plus it's a possibility that Prime only surpassed Metroid (NES) sales due to Gamecube console bundles.

*is

I love Sup Forums's delusions about never getting a game again, it's funny how stupid some of you can be when Nintendo been dropping hints since 2014 that something 2D is in the works.

>Announcing your report

You fucked up.

You sound like someone who faps like crazy to Samus and then feels guilty as shit about it.

Prime 1 is the highest selling metroid game

Dude I announced that I reported like 50 people at times. Hell I announced that at one point I reported the entire thread and still didn't get banned for it, so yeah.

2D games have been on far better selling systems, and 2D selling better always is blatantly wrong, Prime 3 outsold super Metroid and everything sold better than zero mission.
The fact is that the best selling Metroid game is the fancy 3D one on the worst selling system the series has ever been on while the next best selling is still the original on a system with 3X the numbers of the GameCube.

A brand new 3D prime like game on the Switch that isn't just iterative would easily sell 2M+ minimum even if Switch fucking bombed and only moved 20M systems lifetime. A 2D Metroid would need a much higher install base to hope to reach 2M+ based on previous entries.

Due to console bundles

Nah I want to have Metroid thread talking about how poorly a Prime game will mostly due in sales if another one is released, again fuck off somewhere else with your shitty fan art.

>Super Metroid 1.42 million
>Prime 3 1.41 million

Oh it did!

Prime sales don't count in bundles

All sales count in bundles

Why are you so upset by fan art of Samus? Upset enough to spam reports at SFW images of her? I think it's you who needs a banning.

prime is a shit spin off and should have never existed to begin with

Proofs? I've seen otherwise

Do you see me hopping around your shitty Samus threads that you post every week? If you want to spam your shitty art somewhere, go make your own thread instead shitting up mine.

How the flying fuck am I'm supposed to find proof when all the sales are combined? How about you give proofs on how you know those sales for Prime are not from console bundles.

You're the accuser not me, and since you can't find proof you're wrong

Anyway sales don't mean shit, the market has shifted greatly from SM to prime to today. Normies don't say I can't wait for the next 2D sidescroller, they say they want a real prime game

>Would a Metroid Prime 4 even sell well on the Switch?

Prime 2 and 3 sold pretty shitty. First game sold well cause it was "OMG WOW METROID IN 3D!" After that the novelty wore off and next 2 games sold crap in comparision.

It be a huge mistake to do another FPS Samus. Espcially with the stupid that federation force was.

>Metroid is about gameplay first and for most, if I'm not having fun killing and exploring, then you fucked up right there.

This is how it should be.

Personally I think doing 3D in Other M style wouldn't be horrible provided they removed the story, increased the world size and added new powerups.

>over 1 million sales
>sold like shit

This meme needs to end, especially since they were made at a time production costs weren't cancerous due to graphixfags

Oh they do, most I go to says the exact opposite. It's been a long damn time since anyone has had one, and games like Zelda ALBW, NSMB, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Yoshi New Island, and Donky Kong Country Returns has brought back many interest in a new mainline game. Let's not forget that fan remake as well. Prime 4 will just be another Tanabe Star Wars adventure shit that started with Hunters.

I'm not posting any fan art in yours and I don't create threads myself. You're being awfully sensitive. People aren't doing anything to spite you. They just see a metroid thread and think it's appropriate to post images of Samus when they post. It's not against the rules so I don't see why you think report spam will do anything. If you really don't like it, try mentioning in the OP that you don't want any images of Samus posted in your metroid thread.

Metroid Prime bundle was the Player's Choice version. A game had to sell 1 million to be eligible for the title.

Yup those 1 million that bought Prime left after the first game, Prime 2 and Hunter barely sold over a million and Prime 3 couldn't even outsell Super Metroid. FF bombed and so did that shitty experiment game Other M. A 2D Metroid announcement would bring the series back from the brink.

When you look at the original metroid and prime sales, prime 2 and 3 sold like shit. And don't use the "oh it sold over a million" excuse. Other M sold over a million, sold a bit less then echos actually and yet most will say it's the worst in the series.

Metroid sales in general have never been anything amazing when compaired to mario or zelda or even the kart games.

Then chances are it sold because of the whole another Nintendo franchise went 3D thing that was going on back then. I will stop using the console bundle as an excuse for Metroid Prime 1's sales, I will admit I was wrong there at least.

>sales = quality
nice meme, wanna go play CoD?

An annoucment is going to please the diehard fans sure. But at the same time due to love lost fromt he past few games, anything new is going to be scrutinised massively.

The series will stay on the brink unless a new game is amazing. Series needs to redeem itself bigtime and FF has shown they aren't likey to put in that amount of effort since it's not a major seller in the first place.

>Nintendo
>caring about Metroid

OP, the best thing that coumd happen to the franchise would be for Nintendo to crash and burn and sell it to a competent and caring company

That's the Prime side of things not the 2D side of things, if the trailer for the 2D/2.5D game shows Samus doing all of her badass abilities mixed in with new weapons and abilities never before seen I can see that catching a lot of peoples attention including those who left the series after Other M and Federation Force.

No it sold because it was the most critically acclaimed game of its time and still in the top 10 right now

>other M sold over a million

As far as I know no it didn't, unless you count the re-release on wiiu shop but then you have to count the trilogy and wii u trilogy as well

Hate CoD all you want, I'm not too fond of the series either, but they are still good games for what they are. Run well, play well, they are quality games despite be churned out and milked like crazy.

Niche game with low sales doesn't = quality either. It's really easy to look at FF, other M, echos, or hunters and see plenty of problems with each.

Your personal love or hate of a series does not equal it's actual quality.

It sold over 2 million because of the Metroid went 3D craze at the time, the sales dropped by a million for its sequels.

>As far as I know no it didn't, unless you count the re-release on wiiu shop but then you have to count the trilogy and wii u trilogy as well

Well as far as you know that's wrong. It sold over a million just fine. It's pretty close to echos in sales. trilogy or re-release isn't being counter in either case.

I can fully admit Other M has a bunch of problems, but it still sold decently over a million. Don't let blind hate cloud your eyes.

They also halved for Zero Mission after Fusion.

well after some searching around, the most definitive thing I could find is

>In November 2010, Fils-Aime stated that the game is "getting close to half a million" copies sold in the United States, far below Nintendo's expectations.

so I would doubt it reached a million, unless you want to go off vgchartz

Prime 3 sold 1.6 Million retard

>How the flying fuck am I'm supposed to find proof when all the sales are combined
then what makes you think it's even true?

sequels rarely sell more than the original unless there is a big difference in advertising/quality, which there wasn't

Source? and it better not be VGchartz.

Zero Mission didn't sell over a million but I wouldn't worry about that since it was a remake anyway.

I actually talked about this earlier and admitted I was wrong

ok

I want to get into the series, which Metroid should I play first? Zero Mission?

Zero Mission is a good starting point.

Then you can do AM2R, then Super (with Control Freak perhaps) and finally Fusion.

Prime is another beast.

The only people who will care will be diehard fans of 2D Metroid games. Gameplay barely sells, and certainly doesn't sell enough.

I usually play Metroid, Metroid II, Super, and Fusion in that order for myself.

ZM --> super metroid --> prime 1

it's up to you for the rest

Is that why every 2D game barring the remake sold better than every 3D Metroid game except Prime 1?

no one cares about sales

but since you do maybe you should stop playing metroid and go purchase Call of Duty™: Advanced Warfare™ by Activision™

I'm not that COD guy and I hate the COD series, I'm just proving a point that there are more 2D fans out there then 3D fans. If Nintendo wants the Metroid series to get back on track then it's advised they release a 2D/2.5D game that is not a remake but a sequel to Fusion.

>more 2D fans than 3D

maybe 13 years ago, not so anymore

I do agree they should do 2D/2.5D but not because it would sell more, I just don't trust them with a full 3D game

>sequel to fusion

will never happen, the mainline metroid games rehash the alien moves and fusion is at the end of the road.

Prime 2 is not too far away from Super Metroid and Fusion, and that's also taking into account the number of people who owned a Gamecube, which is a quarter of GBA owners.

>Next Metroid game will be a Prometheus ripoff
Shit, I'm not sure I want one now

yeah that's what I was worried about

I don't want a samus taking her helmet off in an alien world just because she can breath and get assulted by 20000 microbes or chozo coming back to life and beating the shit out of her for no reason

Prime 2 only sold 1.10 million in comparison to Super's 1.42 million and Fusion's 1.6 million, they're not even close.

>maybe 13 years ago, not so anymore
How do you know that?

>will never happen, the mainline metroid games rehash the alien moves and fusion is at the end of the road.
You do know there's Prometheus, Alien Covenant and Alien 5 (future) right?

It may not be too bad as long as it's just a 2D game with Samus not taking off her suit to fight an ancient Chozo that was asleep during the Chozo peace era then I'm fine.

>how do you know that

I base my comments off social media/youtube

>You do know there's Prometheus, Alien Covenant and Alien 5 (future) right?

yes I do, but these take place in the past and wouldn't include samus so I doubt they'd go down that road. Even if they did,

>Selling ~70% as well on a console that didn't sell a quarter as well
Prime 2 sold pretty well desu

I do too and many want a 2D/2.5D game because it's been a while, a long while.

>take place in the past
Why does it necessarily need to take place in the past. They can bring in a long forgotten Chozo in a game after Fusion. Metroid may follow the Alien series but it does it to an extent.

>Comparing Prime 2 to Fusion

Awfully convenient to ignore the much more relevant game that came out the same year

He compared it first
>Prime 2 is not too far away from Super Metroid and Fusion, and that's also taking into account the number of people who owned a Gamecube, which is a quarter of GBA owners.