FFXIV Stormblood

How different is the "revamped" battle system going to be?

Not expecting something crazy but something a bit more than removing cross class skills an dumping them in a role pool or something.

Probably just simple things that lower the skillgap between excellent players and mediocre ones a bit. Things like keeping debuffs and buffs up a bit easier (such as Monk's greased lightning).

They're adding class specific graphics to give a bit more visual information to the player that isn't a small vague icon with a timer on it wherever they chose to have it appear on screen.

Unfortunately we really don't know much because they're still 6 months out from release and have to sell tickets and streams for cons - that and they like the drip feed their information so that they have a steady stream of articles being pumped out by websites looking for a quick article to put out for clicks. This keeps them in the public eye which is very important when you have an expansion coming. There's a reason they only announced one of the jobs that are coming out instead of both of them, as a new job announcement is a very likely article from a whole bunch of publications since they can just copy paste whatever information they have on their site and throw some screenshots up.

Also I think that ability bloat is becoming a very real problem with the game - and if they are going to add more abilities to the jobs in the expansion they are going to have to free up some room. Console player's bars are already fit to burst and I'm guessing many players are running out of comfortable keybinds - this is only made worse when entering into PvP and having 5-7 more abilities to fit in there somewhere. Some cuts/merges will definitely happen.

>this is only made worse when entering into PvP and having 5-7 more abilities to fit in there somewhere

Is the "have separate PVP bars" option not available on PC?

They did say they are removing or reworking unused abilities right? Wonder what the extremely obvious candidates are.

Will I be a huge faggot for jumping on the midan goggle silver hair automata train?

>finally they will add SSJ aura greased lightning

>tease it with videos
>remove it a month before release
>sorry, we couldn't make the aura work with the mounts :^)

this dude is my favorite thing to come out of the fanfests so far. best of all was the timing with that one stream, which cut out just as he walked on stage.

he's the Daimyo of SE right?

>finally they will add SSJ aura greased lightning

>wanting people to know your stacks are gone

>sorry we could not make the butts working

I got ACN up to 47. Before I hit 50, and eventually 60, I got a couple questions.

Is the correct order Bio II>Miasma>Bio>Bane>(Aero)>Miasma II?

Is Ruin II useful ever?

Garuda or Ifrit?

Best uses for Aetherflow? I'm thinking Bane is the best for groups, Fester for single target, and Sacred Soil for SCH after Bane.

How much are the jobs going to change going forward?

I haven't played in a while is the crafted 250 gear still relevant?

also, why are SCH's cross class options so good, and SMN's so shit?

I expect them to add butts back in at some point, just not anytime soon.

>SMN's so shit
Archer is shit? You get samage buffs, how is that shit.

Flat butts are just sad.

>Archer is shit? You get samage buffs, how is that shit.

And that's the only thing good you get. SCH on the other hand has an entire bar full of useful abilities.

I wish people would stop going on about the asses. It's not just the ass that's messed up it's all proportions in the game.

Knife ears have giraffe necks, male Roes have Orang-utan arms and extremely short legs, Lalafell have no knee and elbow joints. And every character model is FLAT AS FUCK with the exception of female roes with those wobbly tits in the front.

Slapping an ass slider in the game won't fix the discount 3D models. Even though male Roe fags would dig having a phat ass on their chars.

I usually run up and do Miasma II first but it doesn't even matter all that much.
At 50 you will get Shadow Flare which you should generally put down first, it's the AOE ring of flames.
Ruin II is useful for instant casting while you are running around and whenever you aren't reapplying DOTS, at 60 it is still used to pad out your rotation so you don't run out of MP faster than it will regen.

SMN changes quite a lot from 50 to 60, you get a whole new set of abilities that are based around using aetherflow stacks to get Dreadwyrm trance up.
At 60 after using Dreadwyrm trance you can use up to 5 Ruin IIIs for basically no MP cost and then Deathflare which is SMN's strongest attack.

?

wait, the AST stances cannot be changed in combat?

i feel so stupid knowing this just now

that's why you should always read tooltips/skill descriptions, fampai

khloe

Cute pussy :3

Flat butts are depressing.

I want to commit a khrime.

What if the revamped battle system really is a revamped? Maybe now FFXIV will become more modernized and add action combat.

>action combat
The worst fucking meme.

And no, it won't.
All that will happen is pruning of ability bloat and consolidation of cross-class system that's very much a relic of 1.0 anyway.

>What if the revamped battle system really is a revamped?

50% will like it/not minding it other 50% will take up torches and forks and unsub.

Besides, you can't just switch from tab based combat to stuff like in B&S/TERRA without fucking up every previous fight and SE will not spend the time and money reworking everything previous to 4.0 to fit the new combat style.

Are they going to remove resistances?

They will prolly do something with cross-class skills, instead of picking other job you will pick your role. If you play WAR and pick tank role you will get tank skills, if you pick DD you will get some DD skills.

Elemental? My guess is yes. They should just remove all the redundant 1.0 shit nobody even uses.

>PVP materia
>elemental materia
>elemental potions
>parry :^)

I'm sure I forgot some more but those

i even forget the pvp materia

things they're doing for sure is cutting down on skill boat for redundant skills (ie: all the damage reduction cooldowns for tanks), and having more sensible and logical cross classes.

There's no reason to have Cure and Revive clones as cross class choices for healers for example so they might just do something else for them. Being able to cross class from extra jobs/NIN would be helpful too

I want more Traits. Can we get more Traits?

Can they just make all PVP armor "all DoW"? Nobody is actually going to use that shit in PVP.

I want to wear GARO armor on something other than 5 jobs.

>5% more [main stat]

Like this?

>Allows for a fourth stack of Greased Lightning.
No, like this.

i want materias that actually affect the skills, not just +5 crit

>trick attack materia
>boosts trick attack damage boost to +20%
>500,000,000 Gil on the Marketboard

>Reduces Swiftcast cooldown to 20s
>Increases Aetherial Manipulation range to 100y
>Allows Blizzard spells to target friendly units
Yoshipls

Red Mage - Ranged Magical DPS
Blue Mage - Melee Magical DPS
Shogun - Melee Tank

>random untradeable drop from ________
>you are now not wanted in raid if you don't have it
Just go play Leejun my man

>Probably just simple things that lower the skillgap between excellent players and mediocre ones a bit
They should increase it if anything.

>all 3 of these have special snowflake armor sets for no reason

This would be a great idea assuming there's lots of options available for each job and it doesn't become clear optimal choices that are better than everything else.

>this could make PLD relevant again

Better not fucking happening.

RDM better just stick with Casting and then Striking/Maiming/Scouting all need a second job for left side, it's so unfair for them compared to other jobs, as it gives them less variety of jobs to play when gearing up.

The only time other jobs suffer is from start of expansion when the only tomestone gear is Job exclusive.

They're incompetent as fuck.

I've lost count of the amount of earings, hats, glasses that clip my Aura's horns.

>the only thing tanks get is
>Bulwark Materia
>increases block rate to 70%

>Dark Dance Materia
>increases Parry rate to 40%

>SAM is actually DPS
>shares gear with DRG
>DRGs all throw a massive shitfit

Wouldn't SAM be Striking? As you strike with a katana, not maim with one.

People actually pvp in FFXIV? I thought the pvp was so bad that no one did it?

DRG gear is, aesthetically more armored than Striking (ie: modified tank armor)

Samurai wear armor.

Yeah, we're also lacking another STR job as all other stats have 3 if you include RDM.

nobody wants to PVP but people do for the really nice PVP exclusive rewards, such as the really nice armor and exclusive mounts which can be gotten nowhere else.

I will never not want a Garlean gunblade DPS job.

Maybe you should stop listening to butthurt, shitters and people who can't handle playing against real people and see for your self. If you don't like it you can still say its shit but don't get your opinion on PVP from someone who never really done that. And getting gang raped 2 times on frontlines doesn't mean he has a clue on whats going on.

Faggots like these want free rewards and use every excuse to cry and bitch about it if they don't get it in a way and time-frame they feel comfortable with. It was like that since the beginning of the Relic quest.

>job

fuck dat, I want to be a Garlean. Sometimes I wonder if the game would be more fun with playable opposing factions.

but wasn't complaining about the fact that they're PVP exclusive armors, but the fact that they're job exclusive.

Only PLD, WAR, DRK, NIN and DRG can wear the GARO armor.

Is it possible to bot PvP?
Me wanty that ADS mount but now they've removed Cleric Stance I just can't be assed; unless they add more opportunities to repose/fluid aura people to death because that shit never gets old.

>going to PvP entirely for the griffin helms for healers and casters
least itll be fast

>losing stacks in the first place

>what is boss downtime

>Not popping your stacks before then so you use them instead of losing them

You can bot in frontline but you'll probably just get kicked every match for being an AFK shitter so it will just end up taking 3 times longer than if you tried to get mount legitimately

I got Bard to 50 today.

I'm making a mistake aren't I?

Is FFXIV the most reddit game in the series?
>m'lady fedora speak localization
>le Sonic boom xD
>meme justice
>Redditbrand
>Haurchefaunt
>Sickness must be purged!

Nice save buddy.

>so it will just end up taking 3 times longer than if you tried to get mount legitimately
600 hours spent AFK is better than 200 hours actively sitting at my computer.

Time to research botting programs.

>that post

Yeah and you'll fit right in.

Thanks pal, just use your stacks so you don't waste the investment

>this copypasta in every thread
Can you just fuck off?

How is PVP with healers now? Did they changed anything?

I read this new UI "wow aura" stuff is only going to be showing up 60+

A fix to how they display dots/debuffs etc on enemies.

Make it so it works similar to crafting does with it's inner quiet stacks etc. Also making your own debuffs slightly bigger and the only ones with cooldown and always first in the list.

This fix alone would solve the "only 30 debuff visibles on a enemy at once" and they need to remove the only 60 debuffs only on an enemy.

Hit a nerve?

Viera when?

>Crimson
Red Mage
>Azure
Blue Mage

It's happening.

Blue Mage is not going to happen and I want every single one of you to commit seppuku when it doesn't.

WHEN BLU comes out I want you to commit sudoku.

>squall
balamb garden confirmed

How do you even commit a numbers puzzle

I'll fuckin do it. Screenshot this exchange.

>Azure
>Azure Lagoon
>Laguna
>Squall

Holy shit you're on to something

Why do you think it won't?

Stormblood has been all about BLUE/RED with the trailer etc

Storm = Blue
Blood = Red
WoL = Blue Aura Fists
Girl = Red Aura Fists
This prophecy

Red Mage Confirmed.
Spiderman is Red and Blue.
Spiderman spiderman, does whatever a spider can... Blue Mage, Blue Mage, does whatever a beast can...

I don't even understand why Blu would be released before Sam when Sam is more popular than Blu?

If we do get blue mage it will not be anything like the typical FF blue mage. That flat out would not work.

I can't wait to see everyone's blue tears.

This desu. I understand that some people think that it'll be hard to impliment in it's traditional form and it would be but there's nothing stopping it having a few built in skills and you learn monster skills as you go and keep them indefinately.

Yes posting the same thing over and over is annoying and hits a nerve, retard.

One Blue Magic skill for Single Target, AoE, Conal, Buff, Debuff

Blue Hunting Log called "Azure Lore" where you can obtain new animations from fighting enemies to put as the animation for each of these Blue Magics.

You would just learn skills normally as you level that would just so happens to be monster skills. That's literally it, and also says absolutely nothing about how it would play.

All the monster skills worth learning in the game come from raids and they usually one shot your ass.

but I've only posted it twice tho, you lying fucker.

Would never happen because that would force people to do normal mode raids which are optional.

BLU is such a shitty job and considering how homogeneous FFXIV already is it's going to be the most boring and less unique class by a landslide.

They ruined NIN/SMN for me.

It would make zero sense in the context of XIV's strict roles, and would be forced into one of them.

And all your spells being a mishmash of rehashed spells already in the game wouldn't get people excited.

This expac will be more of the same; all imagery and no substance.

I got Heavensward thinking it would be different from the mundane grind of sitting in Duty Finder with your thumb up your ass while you stand idle in Mor Dhona, grinding out some lame tokens to trade in for gear.

It wasn't any different. Now I'm standing in another empty town eloquently named Idyllshire (they're self aware guys!), where I wait in Duty Finder so I can grind for tokens to turn in for gear.

This expac will probably be no different. We'll get a level cap raised. A few new jobs. A new coat of paint for some zones and the soundtrack. Everything else will be the same at it's core. Another boring vertical gear grind with lame ass tokens and a weekly cap.

Oh but if you want to see an entire town of people dressed as bikini-clad cat women then you're in luck.

Call me when this game isn't just masking it's iLvL grind with a new coat of paint.

>ability bloat

My thoughts exactly, especially with DRK. It's doable but having 42 odd abilities that are all valid is a bit overwhelming. Not that WoW's extreme reduction is much better.