Oy, Witcher! I'm an incredibly cunning and wickedly smart head of intelligence, I've watched you slaughter armies...

>Oy, Witcher! I'm an incredibly cunning and wickedly smart head of intelligence, I've watched you slaughter armies, topple kingdoms, slay mythical beasts. But now that you've disagreed with my proposal me and my two goons are going to charge you and a couple of your no less formidable friends with halberds!

What did he mean by this?

I think he was betting on appealing to Geralt to see his point of view on how to stabilize the country. Too bad he bet against Geralt's sense of compaionship, which Geralt has almost always shown where he wouldn't betray or abandon a friend without a fight.

Either way, it was a dumb move by Djikstra to have Geralt choose between him and his long time friend.

Dijkstrabros ww@

Bad writing.

It's a shame since Djikstra is a really interesting character until that moment. Killed it for me.

This so much, I've finished the game in the past week since I started it about a week ago and it's bugged me consistently how shoddy the responses are at times. Witchers are supposed to have no emotions but we are constantly given the option of emotion-driven responses.

As someone who read the books and played through the two previous games many times before W3 even came out - I had no fucking idea what CDPR was thinking there, either.

It's like one of the writers had a slowly bursting aneurysm when writing this part and they decided to roll with it. Book Dijkstra would never try to fuck Geralt over like that, and if he did, he wouldn't try to go to the scene to confirm the deed. Terrible ending for a great character.

but the whole point of the story is that geralt has emotions for ciri AND a big part of the waifu bit is who he loves more

The writing took a complete shit halfway through.

[Shove aside, forcefully]

They have emotion they just cant express it.

>[Push Djikstra aside]
>break his kneecap four places

What did Geralt mean by this?

it annoys me that geralt behaves like a little bitch around people
>Hurr the emprah is not impressed witcher you come with us now
And he comes with them
He fucking kills monsters and can cast spells why no way to tell them fuck off

>Witchers are supposed to have no emotions

That's just a myth m8, even though sometime Geralt uses it as an excuse to get people to fuck off, like his Butcher nickname.

Complete garbage. Geralt is the most emotionless Witcher in the game because he's not permanently angry.

You know why they did it, to have the player at an important crux. If Dijkstra just killed them all offscreen while Geralt couldn't interfere it would be a massive cop-out and be shit writing itself. The most you could do would be have Dijkstra try to cull them and Geralt shows up unexpectedly, which would miss the important plot point of them surrendering to the Nilfs and be even worse for story.

because he knows they would probably kill him and the emprah has a bigger army than geralt does with his merry band of idiots. At least if he goes with them no one dies yet

>"a bunch of NPCs who are specifically supposed to be uneducated peasants said it, so it must be true!"

They literally address this in the first 2 minutes of TW1, that's propaganda meant to keep the commoners afraid of Witchers so they'll keep treating them like second-class citizens.

>Witcher ritual deadens emotions
>Geralt just has them anyway
>But only when it's convenient to the plot
Yea seems legit.

You don't understand why a guy might not want to insult the ruler of a an entire nation?
Geralt isn't stupid, unlike you. He knows what side his bread is buttered on and he has no need to make powerful people his enemies, especially powerful people with entire armies backing them up.

Bitch please it was garbage from the very start
>Be hunting Yenn
>Hey if you hunt this griffon for me I'll tell you some information that for all you know is utterly useless by the time you get it
>This beast that you already injured and which carried off prey to it's hideout will totally come out if you just burn this local weed :^)

>An aborted fetus comes back to life as a monster, quite unlike monsters appearing from the conjunction of the planes but w/e
>Oh we can somehow totally purify it to become a guardian spirit
>And it'll totally lead us to your otherwise impossible to trace family
>Oh but only part of the way for "reasons"

>Witcher ritual deadens emotions
>Vesemir is a caring but stern father figure to the Wolf school
>Geralt is hopelessly in love with Yen
>Lambert is full of angst literally all the time
>Eskel is a mopey bastard
>Letho is brimming with nostalgia and the pain that comes with losing his heritage

literally use just a single shred of critical thinking, you retard.

>The writing is inconsistent
>"This is your fault use critical thinking!"
Okay.
>B-but it's just peasant lies!
Peasants are not the source of this information faggot.

Show me a single line in the games or books, from an objective narrator (ie. not from the POV of some random farmer NPC), saying that Witchers don't have emotions.

Show me the fact that it's only farmers that make these claims, as you're the one who claimed that.

Cat School had Karadin who had given up and was zen as fuck. Shame about Kiyan turning into a pain zombie and Gaetan being a massive asshole.

Did you kill Gaetan?

I sympathised with him, Witchers don't do what they do for free and it seemed there was enough evidence the village truly did turn on him.

I get it, I just think it would be better if they managed to do this without having to assassinate their own character and have him act like a complete cretin.

>a bunch of npcs say these characters aren't supposed to have emotions but the protagonist does, this must be a logical inconsistency
>no it isn't there are literally thousands of examples of those characters displaying emotions, here's half a dozen
>hurr prove it

You made the claim that Witchers aren't supposed to have emotions before I said it was a myth/propaganda, the burden of proof is on you m8.

chose dijkstra because roche was just irredeemably stupid.

>villagers turn on you
>slaughter everyone except a little girl in vengeance
Nah, he had to die. There's a quest on Skellige where Geralt talks about killing the dangerous monsters so the harmless ones can live in peace, and a dangerous Witcher like him needs to die so I don't get a pitchfork in the gut again.

Interesting. I don't see it that way as it was the villagers fault to begin with. You don't poke a sleeping bear then blame it when it rips your entrails out.

what, you mean fictional stories can have lies and propaganda like real life? me no understand