It's the new year user, so how's your progress on your game?

It's the new year user, so how's your progress on your game?

Other urls found in this thread:

homph.com/steam/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

considering death

>Been in Early Access for over a year

>Two years of dev to date

>Already made mad bank, set for life

>Probably won't even finish the game

>In the process of ensuring all profits to date can't be touched by refunds

Progress is shit, life is good.

>been playing hot potato with game engines for years
>never make any real progress
>pick up Clickteam Fusion from the humble bundle
>made more progress in the past three days than I have with any other engine

The UI is dogshit though.

Trying to figure out multiplayer. I just cant seem to figure it out. I'd even settle for a splitscreen mode.

Other than that, everything is going alright.

Finished animating the intro parts. Now to get them into the game and work on the music and timing for it.

Name 1 (ONE) successful game made by a Sup Forumsirgin

Risk of Rain

retard

minecraft

a list of agdg games
homph.com/steam/

bump before coffee

Is the learning curve on PICO-8 too hard? I wanna start with simple coding so I can get pumped to gen into harder stuff, I wanna know since I got into pixel art recently.

Just animate him getting fugged in the butt already.

just finished a big block fo work

It's your fault I have a "young" folder in my furshit collection

I recognise that second top block...

Didn't a Cosmic Trip dev post here?

/indiedev/ is a meme, nobody gives a shit about indie games anymore, you're wasting all of your free time and won't get a single cent for all your hard work

Animatan

on a 0 dollar budget, within a week

>that Spryo/PS1 in general look

You already have my attention.

Thanks!
The game is called Kairo The Gryphon, and is literally a Spyro clone

Here's what happened to the previous running animation, because I forgot to reset the bone roll values.

bullshit, give link to your game

What kind of game is this ?

Basically Spyro (but we might add some new mechanics)

Currently redoing my islander model. Cut the polygons in half and now all I have to do is shape the head and add the skirt.

Looking good, my friend.

>Spyro clone
Are you sure it's not a Last Guardian knockoff for the DS?

I don't see a problem with that, Spyro's a good ass game. Copy that and you have an solid foundation.

So what's the plan for facial animation? Because I've noticed his eyes move and emote while his beak stays closed? Are you not going to have that be something that moves?

Can I join your team?

For me it's a hobby mostly, I don't really think I will even ever release the game and even if I do won't make any money of it.

But who knows, we can dream.

What kind of mechanics user? New is scary though.

I'd suggest giving your player character a bit more colour or cartooniness, my first impression of the griffin was that it was a creature from a Dark Souls nintendo ds kind of thing. Game looks interesting enough, I'm interested

What should I use if I want to make a "game" like telltale?

UE4 would prob be the easiest you don't need a lot of coding/scipting for a game like that and you can just use blueprints

>So what's the plan for facial animation?
Initially I had great plans for setting up some really emotive facial animation things, but I had to tone it down a lot because vertex animation wasn't as viable as I had hoped (problems with attaching more than one animation to a mesh) and because people didn't like the original face.

For now, only eyes, pupils and eyebrows animate.

I'm generally not good at balancing vibrant colours, so I think it'll stay pretty "drab".

lol

We don't really need help right now, I think.
What can you do?

Not decided yet, but nothing too revolutionary.
More free-flying stuff, maybe (transforming to an owl).

concept stages, It's a sort-of-turn-based crpg so I'm working on a rulebook that I may try to release in print as well

drab is looking good imo, what's the plot?

Thanks!

>drab is looking good imo, what's the plot?
Thank you!
There's no plot yet. Was considering going for a mythology theme, where you fight a bunch of other mythological creatures, but we haven't thought up a real story for it.

UE4

Only because you're basically making a movie at this point and Unity without paid extensions kinda blows when it comes to making cutscenes

So long as you have the option of not doing that and gliding with air geysers to keep you up I'm interested.

It wouldn't be optional, but it would have to be confined to specific areas designed around the ability, so for most of the game you'd just be gliding.

It's still undecided, though. We'll have to do some testing and figure out what works and what doesn't.

I'm plotting out the Paper Mario TTYD 'spiritual successor' that I was talking about a couple of threads ago. Since then, it's become a lot less like Paper Mario conceptually; the tone is similar (for the most part) and the combat is basically the same. But it's getting a lot more JRPGish, too.

My biggest issue is deciding on an art style atm. I'm an artist at heart, not a programmer, so I want my game to be as pretty as possible. But animu is overdone and a more realistic style wouldn't fit the game at all.

Use the Paper Mario style, duh

I got a good idea for a mechanic that could fit right in with the player being a gryphon. Egg thieves.

Can't get past the concept stage. 900 great ideas, never could fill them out into a full game concept. Maybe that's for the best, if I have this much trouble just thinking about it.

I considered it, but the whole 'game made out of paper' seems so exclusive to Nintendo i'd feel more like I was copying the actual game instead of the tone and battle style of the game.

And if I were to remove the paper and just have the graphical style, then it just looks ugly.

I think we're going for a slightly more Original Idea(TM), just to avoid any dumb lawsuits.
But sure, charging after mocking characters who have stolen [treausred object] would be fun.

they look gorgeous

>money and fame are the only things that motivate me

beta

>What can you do?
I don't want to post my work on Sup Forums but I can do low-poly and current gen 3D assets as well as digital 2D art.
I'm working on my own adventure game that I started last night in Godot, but I'm more of an artist than a programmer, so I would love doing extra low poly objects, characters and what not for you.

Set up a temp email if you want to talk further, just send a discord or steam i can add you with

Started learning how to make a roguelike using libtcod, I'll see if I'll learn enough to implement my ideas

My life and cash perspectives got considerably secure, and my drive to dev vidya got proportionally smaller.

I observed I got more productive when I was in shit periods.
Dev is a hobby, so it's overall I don't regret slowing down.

I meant to post a more smug Spyro with sunglasses image to go with that spoiler since the egg thieves were assholes but if you're actually considering it I guess they were pretty fun under all the frustration...

STOP ASKING ME EVERY DAY
I'M LAZY AND I TAKE MY TIME WITH THINGS
FUCK

I need to know how to do vertex displacement in UE4
You might like the game idea if it ever gets further

I really appreciate the offer, and it would be nice having more people to work on graphical assets if we were doing this for free.
However, we're trying to make a full-scale game to eventually sell at some point, and it would be a big economic blow to split the profits three ways instead of only two.

If I ever get rich, and money for survival doesn't matter much anymore I'll come back and snap you up.

They sure were assholes, but I enjoyed chasing them. Satisfying to beat the shit out of those guys, after all the "na-na na-na-na".

such high hopes this game, biggest concerns are weak music, primitive weapons mechanics, and boring overworld-dungeons layout

I made a block character that swing another block as a sword

time for a vacation

I'm not expecting any compensation but, I just want to contribute and collaborate with others devs like yourself, and because your game looks really cool. Realistically I'd only expect a credit in the credits if I do ever end up contributing anything

Even if we're going to do this hoping to make money?
I don't know, I'd feel like a scumbag for taking your work for free.

Sending you an email, so we can discuss it.

Glad to hear you like our project, though!

What's your guy's opinion on Godot? Is it a good engine to start with?

I have no idea where to start.
I have a bunch of ideas written down from 2 years (now) ago, and some were just "kek this sounds like fun to me, so sure", and after a failed project with a friend, it's really put me off.
I'm probably just being retarded.
Will probably start looking into it, since I recently got some books on programming/game dev shit, so I'll try to actually get some progress.
Any music to jam to while working on anything? I got Crypt of the NecroDancer OST in the background, as well as an hour long chill theme, but want some more.

I will make my game when I finish college