youtube.com/watch?v=hr22YmVZsUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=byqkgKZRCJo
radio.garden/live/
blog.scssoft.com/2016/12/grand-gift-delivery-2016.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hope you guys all got your dragon skin because now it's too late

got mine ez pz
>doable in Truckers MP
>me and all my friends formed long convoys doing the same jobs for the 10 jobs required for Dragon Skins

fun as fuck

frogshit on sale when?

>put rain always on
>multiplayer mod
>start driving
there is no comfier game than ETS2

>people actually want to drive a big rig for fun

My dad is an over the road driver. It's a miserable job and it completely fucks up your body.

>Villain Most In Need Of A Hug
>Portal 2
Nice. Good Choice

>“I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award”
>ETS2
lel its true. game exists solely on word of mouth and reviews. Literally no advertising campaign behind it

>Test of Time
>Skyrim
Obligatory

>Just 5 More Minutes
>CS:GO
Would have liked CIV IV to win but CSGO is a good pick too. Not sure why the fuck Fallout 4 is even in this category

>Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!
>GTAV
what the fuck?? gtav makes no sense for this award

>Game Within A Game
>GTAV
again, what the fuck?? Tabletop Simulator was way more deserving of this award

>I'm Not Crying, There's Something In My Eye
>The Walking Dead
Another obligatory.

>Best Use Of A Farm Animal
>Goat Simulator
Sure

>Boom Boom
>DOOM
Sure

>Love/Hate Relationship
>Dark Souls III
Sure

>Sit Back and Relax
>EST2
Absolutely

>Better With Friends
>Left 4 Dead 2
Good Pick as well

Real winner of the awards was EST2. Won 2 awards. GTAV also won 2 awards but the categories made no fucking sense for GTAV to be in them and won them purely on popularity of the game and I bet the kiddies didn't even read the category it was under; just saw the GTAV picture and clicked vote.

is it actually too late? is today the deadline? i got like 7/10 fuck

Being in the army is a shit job too, but games make it fun. Go be an autist somewhere else.

Pretty sure you can still do it, I have no clue when they'll release the new patch.

>tfw i love ETS2 and ATS so much that i put down £150 for a logitech g27
>tfw the next stage is setting up 3 monitors and using track ir

>driving around in the regular car in the MP mod
>drive right under a truck's payload and it soars into the air
I managed to flip a truck over a bridge and into the water, never got in trouble for it

Think of it this way, a game made by 10 chechs that don't speak english and made ATS purely from Google Maps and vodka won the same amount awards as a AAA game that cost $265,000,000 to make

>3 monitors and using track ir
>not using a vr headset instead
eh what can you expect from an anime shitter

I know that feel user, I bought a g29 during black friday for ETS2 and currently waiting for a TH8A shifter to go down in price.

>Villain Most In Need Of A Hug
>Portal 2
Nice. Good Choice

I never really got this. Why would GLaDOS ever need a hug?

why did gtav win game within a game? tabletop simulator has some fucking great board games in it, and gwent in tw3 was more memorable than any 'game' inside gtav

Uhm why do people play these games? I mean your just driving a big truck around afaik. I don't see the appeal for anyone with these games.

yup thats what I'm saying. GTAV deserved neither award for the category it was in. the fuck was "Mind blowing" about GTAV? and how is GTAV a "game within a game" when tabletop simulator is literally a game within a game.

I went all in on the Euro Truck 2 meme and loved it. So much I was legit excited for American Truck, but American Truck has been quite the letdown for me. I thought there would be more states and they fucked up how the roads actually are, they just did european roads/highways based on looking at google maps instead of getting someone to figure it out/hire someone who went to america for a weekend.

why do people sometimes just go for a drive?

it's relaxing and it's the kind of game you can play while listening to music or a podcast.

This just in: Awards are a popularity contest

Next up: The Sky is blue

they have updated american truck simulator, it is now 1.5x bigger than it originally was, i think they have reworked a lot of the roads too. they added more roads and a couple cities too.

Mods are asleep, post your truck!

oh good, I was excited to drive my home state and am patiently waiting, but hearing that they did some work on the roads is very good news.

i haven't had a chance to give the revamped map a go yet but it's promising. i mean a lot of the roads were really weird in the base game, like having traffic lights on interstates.

i hope they go north rather than south with the next dlc

>why did gtav win game within a game?
GTA Online

>American skin on a Swedish truck
At least mod in an actual American truck if you don't want to play ATS.

DAF XF EURO 6 is my Euro truckfu

Kenworth W900 is my Amerifatfu

How unfortunate.

>he doesn't drive to Nice in Truckers MP and shout ALLAHU ACKBAR on the mic as he speeds through it

I have high hopes that we'll see all the states completed in the next 2 years, but I don't know if and when they're going to start charging for regions

The tennis in GTA V is more fun than the entire game.

Don't own the game but have been doing the next best thing recently
>late at night with friends
>load up Just Cause 2 multiplayer
>find an empty server
>everyone gets in a car and we go on a road trip around Panau

Most comfy I've been in a while

its comfy drivan and listening to a radio station

>American Truck Simulator
>can't do meth
>can't throw your piss jugs out the window
>can't negotiate the price of a handjob from a lot lizard

Wooooow

>game has plenty of diners
>can't get out of your truck and sit in a diner

Is that from the new french dlc?

I just really want them to allow you to leave the truck. Would absolutely love to turn off the truck and walk into a diner for something to eat. But even something that lets you get out of the truck and pick up the fuel pump and refuel your truck or walk behind and plug in the cables to the trailer when you first hitch would be amazing too.

Yup. The France DLC is amazing. Enhanced detail and vegetation. Been doing jobs exclusively only in France for the past couple of days.

those forests are fucking amazing

also the little villages and bridges are amazing too

How is the multiplayer mod for ATS? i have mainly been doing singleplayer but im wondering if the mod does anything more than just have other people driving around

So, mouse or keyboard steering?

Also any tips on how to park my goddamn trailer properly? I tried it once and it was a fucking nightmare

get a controller at the very least but keyboard if you cant.

pull forward before reversing with a trailer and go slowly

Neither user. Just go to walmart and get yourself a $15 off-brand 360 pad. Game is absolutely playable with a controller.

Other people driving around. No ai cars or trucks.

it removes all traffic so you will only see other truck drivers

people do convoys and have 'clans' (called virtual trucking companies) it's kind of impressive

there are also two community run radio stations, simulatorradio and truckers.fm

don't grief otherwise your steam account will be banned forever

also there's VOIP in the multiplayer so if you accidentally bump into a russian you get yelled at it's fucking funny sometimes

if you are really strugglign with parking the trailer change the camera to external so you can see the outside of your truck, then aim the camera backwards. then whichever way you steer will be the direction your truck is going to go.

it does exactly what it says. Other players driving around with their own jobs. fun with friends as convoys are amazing. Still a lot of people trolling though (purposely ramming you, driving on the wrong side of the highway, etc) , but due to the map size encounters like that are very sparse.

The biggest con though is that it disables AI cars, so for the most part the highways are completely empty aside from the one or 2 players driving by

I need a new wheel

whats a good cheap wheel?

YOU FUCKIN NEETS JUST GO GET YOUR CDL COMPANIES WILL PAY YOU BANK TO PERFORM THIS MONOTONOUS TASK THAT YOU'RE PAYING MONEY TO SIMULATE

steering wheel or wheel with tire wheel?

trucking licenses cost ~3 grand, and have one of the highest suicide rates in the entire country

>playing ATS MP
>driving down that one road that takes you through the flat nevada desert between california and nevada, on the way to las vegas
>see some trucks in the distances
>three trucks
>all coming straight at me
>1 in the opposite lane and the other two are on either side of the road
>they are perfectly lined up line a wall
>mfw driving through the gap they left me

Because they love their subject and don't just churn out the latest AAA shit for a big corp for $$$.

I spent money on a Finn skin and it doesn't even have Spurdo. Fug :DDDDD

Is Euro Truck Sim 2 really the best one?
Isn't that game from 2012 or something?
Hasn't there been a comfier, or more technical/visually better game in the Truck Sim genre?

either

>be young upstanding newbie with CDL in Germany
>aww yiss first delivery better make a good impression
>muzzie comes up to me
>hey leave me al-
>get throat slit
>bleed out on the road as the fucking muzzie drives off with my truck and crashes it into some festival

As someone who deals with loading/unloading HGV drivers every day, they forgot the part where you have to use pallet trucks, shit roll cages, broken pallets and arsehole managers.

yeah and your gaming rig isn't paying itself back and has the same suicide rate

youtube.com/watch?v=382njADcWvE

no thanks

in my great state it's about $100 and literally all companies will pay it for you and train you

They're the only one doing the subject that's worthwhile. There's no Cattle and Crops sperglord modders with a KS. If a triple AA publisher attempts it, you know it will be dumb as fuck and dumped within 6 months.

SCS like their fanbase. Some autists created a range-split USB stick shifter based on a real Eaton Fuller 18 speed shifter via a kickstarter and the devs added some options to make it easy for the PC illiterate to integrate into the sim.

I try to do that but then the cargo goes wherever the fuck it wants and fucks up the attempt

Obligatory Youtube channel

youtube.com/watch?v=hr22YmVZsUQ

Follow the trailer.

gotta do it slowly man

Is this the ultimate comfy game?

yes

>driving
>relaxing
Not in the DC Metropolitan Area.

I bet all of you truckfags stick your dick in the exhaust pipe of your truckfu.

No Hilldawg hipster faggots in ETS/ATS

Real Polish Truckfu. Would change her gears all night long

youtube.com/watch?v=byqkgKZRCJo

How do I get into this game and how long does one session usually take? I got it from a bundle long time ago and I am thinking about giving it a try.

Can take a while, especially if you want to get your cab just right, but (and this is the strange way to put it), ETS2 is the game you play when you don't want to play games. You just drive and listen to the radio and let the backlog just melt away.

How did you still get a G27? Or was it a used one?

First time I tried it I was at my GFs place when she was sick. She was dozing while watching some stuff on her laptop and I was bored. I only had my laptop with me. Had ETS2 from a bundle. Started it up and suddenly it was three hours later.

This. Can't play anymore though since I've run out of podcasts/youtube videos to listen to. Someone suggest some good ones.

Depends on the journey. A quick job from Gdansk to Gdansk will take around 5 mins but wont earn you much and you'll do it for the parking experience/fun. If you've your own trucks then you do the journey you want from where you are to wherever there are jobs available.

If I'm in Paris and I onlt want to do a 10 minute job then I'll take a short route to somewhere else in France. If I want a long route and the money & XP then I might choose to go to Uppsala, Sweden or Szeged, Hungary if they are the paying routes and jobs for the city I'm in at the moment. They could take an hour and a half or more. Time and distance is compressed 1:20 out of cities and truck stops (1:3 in them, so you don't have to rush to park up right).

The bare game won't come with Sweden, Norway etc (Scandi DLC) or Poland, Hungary (Going East DLC) or Western France (Vive Le France!), but it's still playable without.

Tips:

1. At least use a controller, best with a wheel and pedals of some type (I'm using a Logitech G29, that I use in Assetto Corsa, Farming Simulator and others, it's not compulsory tho)

2. Switch the annoying in game music off while you're going through the tutorials. Once you've got the hang of it, try the in game radio and tune into Truckers FM (community radio) or add your own station.

I originally got this game through a bundle. It sat there until I tried it. The tutorial was annoying. I was messing around with an Xbox 360 controler and got hooked, badly hooked. I thought "WTF is the deal with a trucking game?" to "Everyone raves about this, I'll at least give it a try" to "Oh fuck this is really cool"

Also when you've multiple trucks and drivers working for you, then you drive where you want as they earn the money so it's stress free.

There are tons of mods too. Pro mods map covers countries not touched on by SCS. There is a Russia map by some Russki bros, traffic mods, cabin mods etc. The dev supports modders doing their thing

Why not listen some of the in-game radio? Studio Brussel is pretty good if you like poppy and alternative music in one place

used

it was fucking scary though because i caught my dog chewing the head of the USB. so i had to cut it off and solder a spare USB head, still works just looks a bit ugly.

i was keeping my eye on ebay for a solid month looking for a good deal. the one i got was £130, i had to pay £10 for the postage, and then another £10 because the power supply wasn't working so i got a replacement. still a good deal though. and i get a lot of use out of it

also just did the 10 deliveries for the dragon paintjob. i wish there were more packs like the mighty griffin tuning pack which had LED logo lights for your cabin. whenever i see a truck with those on the road i love it

if you're looking for something to listen to while driving try this out

radio.garden/live/

>also just did the 10 deliveries for the dragon paintjob
Huh? Did they implement quests or some shit?

I see. How is it? Was the shifter not with it? I thought back then it was a complete package.

oh it came with the shifter and the pedals

i don't use the shifter much, i sound like a noob but i've only had it for about a month and i'm not completely versed on manual especially when it's a truck with 12 or so gears. i tried manual and it was really tricky because you have to hold the clutch down when you think you're coming to a stop otherwise you need to restart the engine.

i still appreciate the shifter for all the extra buttons it has. main problem i have with it is that my desk is weird so it can't properly attach, so if i use the stick a lot it just comes off the desk.

blog.scssoft.com/2016/12/grand-gift-delivery-2016.html

it's just the christmas event for this year, world of trucks is their 'facebook' for your truck. you can do external contracts ingame and they get tracked on the website, if you do 10 of the big present deliveries you get a paintjob. although i don't know when the deadline is mate, people said it would be 1st of january but i just did it today.

The adventure zone

You're a brit, aren't you? Why can't you drive manual? Or are you underage? Of course you have to hold the clutch down when braking, that's absolutely normal. You could also just take out the gear, though I don't know whether this works with trucks.

Thanks.

>i tried manual and it was really tricky because you have to hold the clutch down when you think you're coming to a stop otherwise you need to restart the engine.

You'll have to do the same if you learn to drive a manual car or bike. You just get used to clutching in before you stop.

If you're struggling with 12 gears, buy the Packard 6 gear transmission for your truck.
Less things to worry about.

You don't need to use all the gears either. Empty truck? Start in 5, go 7, 9, 11, maybe split to 12 if you're blasting along at 90kmh.
A full load or on a hill with a load and you'll start at 1 or 2. I find it easier using a 6 H pattern

which splits to

using the right paddle and as the split shift button.

Gears 9 or 10 are usually good for 50 kmh around town keeping the revs somewhere in the sweet spot.

None of this is compulsory. For fully chilled out experience fully automatic is where it's at.

When you're driving a truck like the new Actros, it would even be silly not to use a fully automatic gearbox because those actually come equipped with that.

How the hell do you get it

looks like it might be ok with VR, but i still cant see the draw for games like this. you aren't even going fast like you could in a racing game. less of a game than farming simulator.

As a former truck driver: hell no. I wouldn't recommend this job to anybody. I made a lot of money, but that's just because I got all my licences and certifications for free in the military and just spent my time hauling around HAZMAT. For the average Sup Forumsirgin with little to no prior experience this job would be a nightmare

>spend a few hours to run a few loads in EST2
>immediately spend a few more hours to run a few more loads in ATS

send help

>Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Vive la France !
> !
It's the little details.

It's a chilled out drive. It's not a race. There's speed cameras if you want them, and traffic light tickets etc. You could blast around if you want but that's not the point.

It's like someone who races on a Fireblade or Suzuki GSXR thou saying he doesn't see the appeal of an Indian Royal Enfield, decrying the ancient engine tech, slow ride and shitty gearbox. It's not for you, it's a different kind of ride. If you don't like it at all then stick to fast paced racing games.

I feel like this is still a meme game that is regarded as something more, I fell for the hatoful boyfriend meme.

you cunts are all going be replaced by self driving trucks anyway

how big are the maps and how accurate?

Still getting updates and awards after 3 years. That's some long-ass meme.