Graphics peaked at this point

>graphics peaked at this point

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U_WaqCBp9zo
youtube.com/watch?v=Yo2-Pgcmh8U
youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just for the floor now you would need $500 GPU because Tessellation™ is available only on premium models.

love my gtx 980

And yet

the floor is the only thing that looks good there

sure always Nvidia™

There's no tesselation on that floor nigger, it's probably just a normal map. You don't actually use mesh geometry for each brick in a floor you retard

>>#1 nvidia sellout
>muhgraphics
>fucking dead
lol

Graphics didn't peak, videogame graphics specifically peaked. Probably because it would take too highly skilled designers or too much time to make, and only be usable by the few who have the hardware

you are fucking idiot
holy fuck

I miss this

Nah, he's right. You're the fucking idiot.

I fucking love the sharp lighting that mid 2000s games have. Makes everything pop out without softening the look.

I don't understand why Sup Forums has such a fetish for mid-2000's games that look like they're made of plastic.

YES ANONS!

STILL NOT 4KKK!!!!!??!?1

Cállate!

It looked good and was decent enough to play. I just couldn't get into the bland fucking combat. Basically shine a flashlight on a guy, dodge 2-3 attacks, keep shining and then shoot him in the head with a pistol. Great looking game though. And I'll give Sam Lake a nod just because I loved the original MP that much. Finished AW in a few days and never wanted to replay. Finished MP in a few days and instantly went on to the higher difficulty, eventually beating it at the hardest.

Way to completely miss the point you autistic unedrage newshit.

not him but you and the guy you're defending are missing the point of the original post. he's saying if the game were made today they would include gimmick technology to sell hardware. Basically you're dumb.

Remember, this game was made in 2005.

Photogrammetry is the beginning of the end for the chase for realism.
youtube.com/watch?v=U_WaqCBp9zo

And FrostByte is leaps and bounds ahead of other engines in terms of light and graphical rendering.

what a retard

kek kill yourself

>And FrostByte is leaps and bounds ahead of other engines in terms of light and graphical rendering.

No ? Unreal engine 4 shits on it.

This are the people you share a board with. These are the people who discuss, dismiss and praise videogames

Too true.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yo2-Pgcmh8U
youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA

The Unreal world still looks like a CG.
The FrostByte world loooks like a real world in some of those clips.

I'm not saying Unreal is bad, just that FrostByte is the best for realistic lighting and rendering.

Annnnnd reinstalling FEAR.

Show one UE4 game that looks and runs as good as Battlefront of Battlefield 1.

The game was developed in 2003-2004 and released in 2005.

It started development before Half Life 2 got released. I wonder how the industry would've changed if FEAR came out before HL2.

Isn't that game use by many benchmarker and hardware reviewer? Beside doom 3, serious Sam and fear of course.