Call of duty is too linear and repetitive

>call of duty is too linear and repetitive
>battle field is too linear and repetitive
>blah blah blah game is too linear and repetitive
>favorite game series is literally walk to the right and win for 32 levels

Nintendrones are the worst

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objectivity_(philosophy)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

all games can be fun to each person in different ways

opinions are subjective

no opinion is fact

Wrong. My opinions are based on objective qualities which means they are fact.

Super Mario Bros is bad. That is a fact because I base that on objective qualities. Bad graphics, music, level design, bosses, etc.

you'd have to be a mouth breathing idiot to think SMB is good.

>CoD and BF
>Literally move a cursor over your target and press a button
>More simplistic than point and click adventure games
>Claim to be innovative pinnacles of the medium, and is intended for mature audiences

>Super Mario Bros
>Cerebrally demanding game, requiring an intimate knowledge of physics in order to progress past even the first 30 seconds, then demanding an acute mind for resource management and efficient pathing methodology and mathematical knowledge to progress to the end of what is classified as a "childrens toy"
>Created many decades ago by small japanese toy company who gave a job to a socially challenged man as part of an autistic outreach program

Is the west even trying?

I want a Nintendo made dragon dildo.
Or a Reggie's negro cock replica.

>my opinions based on objective qualities
>super mario bros is bad
[citation needed]

how is super mario bros objectively bad?

edgy

super mario bros has been surpassed by better platformers but it stands as the template for all the great platformers that came after it.

I'd much rather perfer linear games over some shitty, repetitive Open world meme game.

Nostalgiafags complaining about linearity don't realize that their NES' SNES, PS2 games were linear as fuck wheras games nowadays are trying to go open world with crap tons of repetitive content, DLC and added content which are tedious to play through

>cod and bf
>require the utmost precision and tactical knowledge and the wisdom of knowing who to spare and who to kill and demands the most intensive strategic planning known to gaming

>mario
>hold left and occasionally press a to win

OK kiddo whatever you say. At least I'm putting my IQ to the test instead of letting it rot whiLe planning the game equivalent of teletubbies

Bad graphics
Bad sound design
Linear levels
Same boss every castle

nice strawman

all that other stuff is somewhat true but
>Bad sound design
suck my dick, smb has some of the most iconic sound design in gaming

Prove me wrong

You're probably religious too

Looks like nosediving even faster into shitty forum quality is the hot memeo 2017.

>SMB can compete with digital surround sound in games like bf1

You're rucking retarded. Smbs sound design is indefensible in 2017

only the last two things you put are objective

first two are subjective

try again, sweetie

Everybody knows the super mario theme tune. The underground theme. The star theme, the *bling bling* of coins.

No one will fucking remember battlefield's movie soundtrack

?????

Compare SMB graphics and sound design to today's standards. Even other indie platformers look better and sound better. Even fucking Nintendo have made bettrmer Mario games and then they release this? For what purpose? to bandwagon on LE LOW QUALITY INDIE GaME MEME?

I would not describe any multiplayer game as "linear". I like those games, and Super Mario is my favorite series.

>franchise tries something new
>complaints about the gimmicks

the pepsi of bait

>look better
>sound better
>better mario games

what part of what you said is objectively true?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objectivity_(philosophy)

The campaigns are linear admittedly.

it just blows my mind how ea releases a game with arguably the best graphics, physics, and sound design and Nintendo releases a shitty pixelshit indie game and everyone pretends like the Nintendo game is better. Admittedly SMB didn't come out in 2016 but it came out next to fucking skyrim which still obliterates it objectively

Hello, I am a Nintendrone.
Games being linear and repetitive isn't necessary a bad thing.
I more often complained about open and non linear games than linear ones.
A game being bad or good isn't determined by its linearity or lack of it.
And while I can't speak for all the nintendo fanbase, since I am only one guy which holds one opinion, I think you are going too overboard with your generalization.
Cheers.

This is a good point. However, what isn't good is the Harry Potter books. They are the start of one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

quick: why and how does the famicom SMB sound differ from NES SMB sound?

you know, objectively speaking?

Literally every game is linear and repetitive.

>Super Mario Bros
Iconic
Loved
Recognized all around the world
Made history

>CoD and Battfeild
Hentai shit

I win you lose

>>require the utmost precision and tactical knowledge and the wisdom

I don't know what famicom means I'm not a fucking weeb. SMB came out on the Wii.

(you)

>At least I'm putting my IQ to the test
>hold left
you sure are, user

>employing rationale

You realize Nintendrones just want to recapture their childhood, right? Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Maybe his controller was wired wrong.

My first post of 2017 :)

>he plays for the M rating

You are completely correct. Mario Bros gained so much popularity, because it was the most simplified, dumbed down gameplay found in that generation. Two buttons: Jump and Run.
Any retard can play it from 5-95.
It was the CoD of the 1980s.

>That is a fact because I base that on objective qualities. Bad graphics, music, level design, bosses, etc.
man you must be really bored or lonely to want to shitpost like this. lol i legit feel bad for you user senpai

anyone else love reading shit like this and then imagining what this person must be like in real life?

Aside from mental illness, adults to who play Nintendo games like to pull one out of the hipster handbook and use ironic hipsterism to make it appear like children's games are actually sophisticated and tasteful when their previous fad gets too popular. People have been doing this with music for ages when their elitist tastes are infiltrated and then they turn around and ironically state how great artists like kanye and miley are amazing. It's cognitive dissonance through and through.

>Gets so mad he hates on a game that came out 10 years before he was born for a system he's never owned

Yeah, it can't be a normal person by any means

>hipster
>liking Miley and Kanye

What a shit example from a shit person. You are shit. Kys.

>Wrong. My opinions are based on objective qualities which means they are fact.

You forgot to post your avatar pic user. Here.

You didn't even read my post. Step it up. It's ironic hipsterism aka reverse hipsterism.

>Rand above Huxley
HUEHUEHUEHUE

Fucking dumb. A better example is people calling the Beatles shit because Kanye and Miley and Ariana are killing it now. Literally what sony fags do here round the clock.

>It's something I just made up right now on the fly but makes no sense

Yeah, I got that much, thanks.

No, that's what a regular old hipster would do.

It's not a new concept at all. You're right that it's a weird thing but they definitely exist.

But hey, at least we know who the Nintendrones are now.