Deus Ex is a timeless masterpiece

Deus Ex is a timeless masterpiece.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OSpsAauvEXU
youtube.com/watch?v=ekVI_UoEYRc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It really is the greatest game ever made.

oh yes it is

old men

Looks like shit, plays like shit. It's so outdated it hurts. And before you say "It was amazing back then", using that logic Space Invaders is the best game ever made, with amazing graphics and gameplay. Deus Ex Human Revolution is simply just superior.

@362486730

this. there is not a single way to counter any of that. It was outdated and garbage the second it release looking at the actual good games of that time (half life)

But half life is shit

Deus Ex has so much social commentary, it really is the game of our generation.

>samefag bait
Here is your reply :^)

wrong pic sorry

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

>implying

Please post more funnies

I love this fucking game

Does GMDX warrant another playthrough?

Was Deus Ex Revision good?

i never played it before but i got goty edition on steam recently
is this version okay or should i pirate normal one?
are there any essential mods/unofficial patches i should get?

No.

Care to elaborate?

it's fine

mods are good but I don't think you should have them in your first playthrough

Kentie launcher is a necessity. Nothing else required.

Why don't you try getting some taste?

Not really but I personally like New Vision for better textures and Deus Ex launcher can be handy sometimes. Don't install anything that changes gameplay the first time.
Looks worse, sounds worse, preforms worse and they the changes they did to the map and enemy placements are just retarded at times, some areas are very cluttered.

thanks

THREAD THEME:
youtube.com/watch?v=OSpsAauvEXU

its funny, back in the day, the one complaint was the shooting.was shit and it is, but everything else makes up for it.

sorry you can't appreciate a good game, faggot
we have top ten best games lists for a reason

this does and it was 16 years ago...
we all thought this shit would start happening in like 2025 or 2030, but then fucking 9/11 happened and sped all that shit up 25-30 to start in 2001

i play this theme when i walk about my work
i work for a gov't facility, so you can figure why i play it.

haha yeah :)

Yes indeed

youtube.com/watch?v=ekVI_UoEYRc

No.

When due process fails us, we really do live in a world of terror.

Better than kings...gods!

Finally finished Invisible War after so long and now I'm excited to hop in on Human Revolution. Thing is, there's a gamebreaking bug at the very fucking beginning in the game that causes Pritchard to just look at you like a smug asshole and not fix your eyeballs. I've been scouring reddit and PS forums but there's no mention of this anywhere. And the Square Enix forums are down for some reason. Please help.

I guess the reason I don't like is not having played it back when it came out. Without nostalgia goggles, it sucks. It just doesn't play very well, the narrative is jarring, everything is outdated and not very good.

There are games that out way before and play much better nowadays.

you just have shit taste bro. I didn't play it when it came out and I love it to death

I played it after i played HR and i liked it better in pretty much every way

Desperate. Your turn.

Whatever (you) say man.

I finished it for the first time a week ago and it aged like fine wine:
>story is still relevant to this day.
>skill and aug system that truly makes you feel unique and build the way you want.
>multiple choices and different dialogs you get depending on what you do (even for something stupid like entering the women's bathroom) impressive even by today standards.
>top notch music.

The only thing I could give you is AI being retarded sometimes, some characters voice acting and the gamebreaking Dragontooth.

Other than that it's easily a 10/10 game.

Can someone give me a tl;dp of this game?

Chances are you like it because you are a degenerate.

Point out objective facts why it is good, or even better than modern games.

>story
>skiltrees and story trees
>music

So you can't saying anything good about the gameplay. Literally all you mentioned can be done better in a VN.

it's a bomb

A BOMB?!

there's absolutely nothing wrong with globalism

WE WUZ ILLUMINATI N SHIET

It has actual level design

>shooter with optional stealth
>shooting and stealth mechanics are atrocious
The good thing about this game was level design.

>reposts of the same 5 images
>wow game is the greates game evarr this game isn't actually perfect but im overexaggerating just how bad it is
>recite shitty quotes the same exact ones every single thread
>soon to be bumped off
why are these still being made, its pretty clear you fags have absolutely nothing to talk about

pleb

Unplayable garbage that teenagers who want to appear classy and edgy claim to play for internet cred. Everything it tries to do is hopelessly outclassed by other RPG's.

The pistols and heavy weapons are pretty good.

As a FPS it's still significantly inferior to any decent game of it's time or even any 90's FPS. Running around with flamer was fun though.

Basically the game takes place in a future that's a bit more believable than the new Deus Ex game where you played an Augmented officer who discovers that there is more to the Terrorist groups claims of conspiracy

Geez, so many butt-devastated anons that couldn't get past the first level on this thread.

No one? Guess I'll have to get a new copy or something, shit.

What version?

The main focus of the game is RPG stuff and stealth so I don't mind the gunplay not being Serious Sam.

If Deus Ex posting is Sup Forums equivalent of Baneposting

What is the equivalent of Hotheads?

>90's were a time of relative prosperity
>Original deus ex is set in an awful world where shadow powers try to gain the control of the ashes
>2010's are pretty bad
>Deus Ex reboot is set in a golden age where shadow powers try to control the direction humanity is evolving in

I like how the mood of the settings are almost reversed. There's about 20 years between the event of HR and Deus Ex too right ?

Time hasn't done that game any favours, other than storywise, there is no longer reason to play it.

Game of the year, every year

>masterpiece
whatever meme floats your boat

was a 7.5/10 game when it was released

a lot of games share the same freedom and have disfunctional and unpolished original mechanics like it but are not considered masterpieces

>a lot of games share the same freedom
nah

That's because it's LITERALLY impossible without cheats

PS3. I just installed it last night and ended up having to do it three times because it kept freezing. The tutorial level worked but as soon as I got to the HQ characters would just stop talking specifically Pritchard. I've deleted saves, restarted, and even reinstalled it.

Thats because Deus Ex is Cyberpunk and Human Revolution is Pisspunk.

name 5

How so? I mean, I understand that when you start guns have shit aim, but you can just go and baton guards easily.

Funny enough, most of the games that are considered masterpieces around here are dysfunctional and flawed as fuck. But they're enjoyed because they provide a gameplay that is truly unique and has deep mechanics.
Dwarf Fort is a prime example.

You can literally walk up to the objective, avoid every guard, not get seen once and not attack anyone. It's relatively easy to do that even for a beginner, just do it slowly.

What? I got killed two times going guns blazing and decided to go stealth instead and it worked. The stealth made it EZ even.

>no in game purchases to make the game easier
Game is shit

Desperate.

Its stealth and rpg stuff is also inferior to more specialized games.

haha

Ok you can stop now.

>reddit
ayyyy lmao

This is shitposting. No one is that retarded

I know, I meant how that user could find the fist part impossible.
Full stealth runs are fun. I'm doing a completely pacifist one now.

Deus Ex: The Conspiracy
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
CyberMage
Epic Mickey

That was his point.

DF is great because you've got so much agency over your people and the epic stories that spawn from it. Nearly half of the time, it's a nightmare to navigate. [spoilers] but that's only because I didn't grow up on these kinds of games [/spoilers]

5 already has name, user

>neo-Sup Forums dislikes an absolute classic

I'm not even surprised anymore.

>stealth is primitive
>has lighting mechanics that HR doesn't have

A BAHMB XDD