All my frends have left PC Gaming

>all my frends have left PC Gaming
>after a three year work hiatus and travelling, I come back to it
>noone to talk to and chill with on TS/Discord

What do I do? It's a little strange not having anyone to shoot the shit with while playing random games. I have friends on steam but noone I talk to vocally. Where should I start? I don't want to seem desperate.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/ronderds/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Polite bump

>tfw all my real friends are into PC gaming, and the couple less close ones are slowly making return back to it
feels good mon.

Go get a game like the new Rainbow Six, and use the mic, actively.

do your friends still play vidya?
I'd follow them as multiplayer games are best with friends

I hang out on Twitch and have started playing FFXIV recently so have made a couple friends that way. Still would be nice to be part of a clique though.

A couple but they've gone to Xbone. Not for me I'm afraid. I have a PS4 but rarely use it.

As I got older I really wanted to go back to console gaming and realized how shit PC gaming has been. Steam has been awful these past few years. I try to hit up old PC friends and they never know what to play so I just boot up my PS4/X1/WiiU instead and just bullshit on Discord like once a week.

PC gaming just sucks now. It's like a sinking ship in 2 feet of water. I just wanted off.

OP here. I agree for the most part. But luckily my hiatus has let a few great games to build up and allow me time to sink back into it. I did have more honest fun when I was a console kid to be honest though.

I'm desperate for Crossplay games now since my PC friends just refuse to play consoles. Looking forward to Sea of Thieves.

I have tons of people to talk to and play with but none of them share my singleplayer tastes. Well multiplayer as well but there's some overlaps there at least.

What singleplayer tastes do you have user?

ADr1ft looks cool too.

>PC gaming just sucks now.
nah son. You just are getting lazy as fuck and seem to go with the flow of any modern "trends", instead of actually trying new waters.

PC gaming is skyrocketing as we speak, and has never been better and easier. Yeah, the AAA industry's shooting themselves to their own feet by releasing sub-par PC ports of downgraded console shit, but luckily those can be completely ignored. I certainly have done just that for years now, yet I've found something new and fun to play every single year, usually from AA or even pure indie / modder devs.

I hate mobas and they all like them.
I like shooters but hate casual/slow shooters like overwatch, battlefield, and csgo. Tribes and UT were my upbringing.
I like JRPGs and practically no one else likes them. Ironically most of the people I talk to have animephobia autism.
I like WRPGs and no one else likes them at all.
I like VNs and no one else reads them except for one guy and rarely.

Latest games I've played that I liked are rabi ribi, witcher 3, god eater 2, and devil on g string.

Name some of your favourite recent games user

>Name some of your favourite recent games user
To how far back?
Just to name some from the past couple years:

The Talos Principle
Killing Floor 2
Sanctum 2
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Underhell: Chapter 1
STALKER trilogy
Shantae trilogy & Shovel Knight

I've also either played some old classics, like BLOOD, for the very first time, or "re-found" some classic stuff, such as System Shock 2, in past few years.

also looking at this list makes me realize how little new games I play because I finished devil on g string in july.

OP here. You share my tastes senpai. Let's smash ffxiv

I also hate 99% of mmorpgs since they're usually grindfests with no story or an extremely forgettable one. I played UO, Planetside 1, Darkfall, and Tera. I liked all of them a lot except maybe Tera since I never even got to max level in that one. They all had a good combat system and were focused around pvp. ffxiv just seems like wow or any other tab target grinder with a final fantasy skin. I thought about playing it but I remember disliking the little time I had in the trial a lot.

The story is FFXIV is really good senpai. I'm not a final fantasy veteran but from what I hear it stands out as one of the best in the series, especially Heavensward. The writing is exemplary.

stop playing. do something useful and learn new stuff. make progress in your life. playing games, you will forever be stuck.

It's fine if you didn't grow up with PC gaming. It's mostly oversaturated with really mediocre shit. I will admit there has been some shining stars that have come out of indie devs and to occassional fun niche game.

I still have a high end PC, but I'll be idort for years to come with this trend.

Ya but I'd rather play a game with good story and gameplay rather than one with good story and bad gameplay.

>It's fine if you didn't grow up with PC gaming. It's mostly oversaturated with really mediocre shit.
That's the ENTIRE videogame industry in general, mate. The trends just radiate to the PC side as well, but at least over yonder you got the benefit of near endless options.

I'm a multi-way idort myself, but I am yet to own any current-gen consoles. For the first time in these ~25 years I've played stuff, I have barely any motivation to get a new console. PC got me MGS5, and PS3 still gets new stuff, like P5.

It has both

I said I've been doing that for three straight years. Taking a few months to chill after earning a fair amount of money is no vice

Someone is new to PC gaming.

Or you are 50 years old, if starting with Windows 3.1 is "too young" for ya. STUNTS, Wolf3D and Doom were my first "real" games that defined my childhood, besides Pyjama Sam & Freddie The Fih.

No progress in my life can be made.

t. cripple

You sound like kid that just found out about PC gaming. Wow you played wolf3d and doom in 2016 for the first time good for you.

>tfw close group of online friends
>known each other for about 5 years now
>consider them my best friends
>shit's been flakey for awhile
>them getting on less and less
>I'll probably stop coming on soon due to school and life in general
>dread the day but know it's coming when all ships have left the port

I don't know how to feel really.

>W3.1
>2016
who's the Sonygger here again?

Who the fuck cares what platform people play on?

And what's with the "x is dead" shitposting? If I'm playing a game and somebody says it's dead is it dead? Is it bad for me to be playing that game somebody says is dead?
Wghat the fuck does it even mean? If it's dead but I can still play the game then the game "being dead" doesn't matter shit except to the person claiming it's dead in the first place.

>all ships have left the port
>not bringing the issue up with people instead and strengthening bonds
>just letting it happen

Remember: you deserve it if you let it happen.

you're not fooling anyone by saying you gane on windows 3.1 man.

Who would I need to "fool" exactly, and why?
My family's first computer, a goddamn key-lock started "Mikromikko" from late 80s, indeed ran 3.11. It's HDD was so anemic, that I could literally keep one game installed on it at once.

Later on my father got a Windows 98 running ThinkPad that fared much better, being able to run many 3D games in software mode or VGA.

My first "proper" gaming PC however I purchased in 2003 with my saved up gift money. Fucking amazing Intel Celeron @ 2.4ghz, 1GB RAM and Geforce FX 5600 256mb, running Windows XP Home. Upped the RAM and changed the GPU later on, but it served me fine to late 2007.

It's the typical anonymous delusions of grandeur. He thinks himself important enough to be deceived.

I get it man you had shit PC all your life and now just hit age to buy your own gaming PC. So your just trying to make up for being noob.

stop fighting in my thread guys

i still have no friends ;_;

Ei autismia vastaan kannata väitellä ystävä hyvä.

...uh, no. I had shit PCs up until early 00s, mostly because I was a console kid, but also because my parents really only needed an office machine to write and calculate stuff at first. Even internet wasn't really "around" at that point just yet.

I've had up to date, gaming-focused PCs for over a decade now. The one I put together in 2011 still gets the job done at 1080p / 60fps.

muttku seo vuan nii kiwwoo!
Viännetää murteheilla, niieij netti kiäntäjät älyä.

Sorry op Ill stop

I w-want a chill ts/discord brosquad too!

Shit man, I can be your friend ;_;

Saying boys?

What ffxiv server you play on OP? I'm on ultros and our static needs a new dps.

I'm on Cerberus (Chaos) and I'm a healer. Only just gotten started really, I'm level 22 so I'm not sure if I could be much help.

Ah, well don't worry about it then. Do you play rainbow six siege and or/like anime shit? If so post your steam, if we get along well enough you could join my circle.

>gee Sup Forums I need a discord server to hang out with where it will die in a week due to attentionwhores weebs and furries

You cant get bros from Sup Forums, I tried, so hard

Tempted to buy Rainbow Six - been looking at it for a while!
Love anime shit, mostly watching series right now but I'm delving into past FF games. Just started Black Lagoon.

steamcommunity.com/id/ronderds/

Alright sent, I can't talk much right now cause I gotta go somewhere but we can hang more when I'm back.

Chillin'

>people leave PC gaming

literally never heard of anyone doing this, stop making stuff up please

Still here bro? I'll be your voice friend.

Even if it does it's not my cup of tea. I find even the singleplayer final fantasy games boring. The old ones at least. 11 and below. LR was honestly my favorite sans the side quest nonsense.