1060 6GB or 480?

Building a pc for the first time. Which is better?
I'm an indecisive cunt

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/bdBpD8
youtube.com/watch?v=s12S74umruY
exhentai.org/g/616002/3cb0b22f76/
threatconnect.com/blog/reassesing-guccifer-2-0-recent-claims/
secureworks.com/research/threat-group-4127-targets-hillary-clinton-presidential-campaign
nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/10/25/how-hackers-broke-into-john-podesta-dnc-gmail-accounts/
arstechnica.com/security/2016/10/russia-linked-phishing-campaign-behind-the-dnc-breach-also-hit-podesta-powell/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What parts do you have right now?

What are the rest of your specs?

If you are a stickler on 40 extra bucks for slightly better performance and constant updates than I guess get the RX 480.
Also don't mix Intel with AMD. some games don't play nice with that combination.

i'm in the same position as you. I think both are great, but i'll stick with amd since i never had any problem with their gpu

>Also don't mix Intel with AMD. some games don't play nice with that combination.

bullshit

Intel CPU? GTX
AMD CPU? RX

pcpartpicker.com/list/bdBpD8

wait 2 days to see amd's new video card reveal. they will blow away nvidia.

Are you OK with all of Nvidia's bullshit? Only closed source drivers, paid driver updates, paid driver features, planned obsolescence, etc. Then spend the premium and buy Nvidia knowing that you're going to be back asking this question again in a year.

Otherwise get a 480, or rather a 470 unless you're planning to go above 1080p. It may not be as fast today, but its probably going to keep getting faster thanks to the driver code being in the open preventing funny businesses in patches degrading performance.

1060, no contest.

You could be doing a lot better with 900 bucks or even 1100 since the video card isnt included i guess you do have a monitor , but really any old one will do and just supersample lol
See heres mine ive been building it up to the most expensive parts like as in my new monitor is last

I have had multiple bsod on my i5 with AMD HD 7970 rig with several different games. LoL for instance doesn't like it. Had a few bsods with a Asscreed and Xcom:EW. Changed out ram and motherboards and it always comes down to that combo. May have been the card. Who knows.

Where do you live user?
If are in a tropical shithole like i do avoid NVidia, amd is more robust and will survive the weathet

>MSI B150M

ahah

also

>No OS.

If you don't already have them, I recommend you get everything first and the GPU last. The integrated graphics on that Intel chip will at least let you use the computer and play some modern games on low to medium. Plus you will be able check your parts to make sure they're not broken.

why not just get an i5 6600k

Isn't RX 480 better in a long run? I've seen in youtube how both of these cards performed like half a year ago and recently, and RX 480 became equal and probably will get better than 1060 with improved drivers and more directx 12 games released.

AMD test all of their cards with intel, for at least 5 years, its so there is no bottleneck, Zen will help that
He gon pirate it like a smart man

>No OS.
If you're going to buy Windows get it from a key site like Kinguin, don't waste money on a license from Amazon or any other retailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=s12S74umruY

My criticism about the motherboard is still valid.

>My criticism about the motherboard is still valid.
With a non-K CPU it's only semi-valid

I already have win7 and i'm going to pirate it
Dont care about overclocking
What motherboard do you think is good then?

So I bought a 1440p 144hz monitor that has "freesync" instead of G sync.

Which AMD graphics card should I get that's on par with the GTX 1070?

>lol
>asscreed
>xcom

Why the FUCK would you play those games.

>Which AMD graphics card should I get that's on par with the GTX 1070?
Doesn't exist yet, RX 490 should be coming soon though.

there is none yet

I'd go AMD with this one user. Nvidia was better short term, but they never keep their drivers updated for long. I just built a PC nearly to your letter, though with 16gb of ram and with a 480, its been fine for everything I've put it through so far. Still can't get 60fps in ARMA at medium settings though.

Because I got asscreed black flag for free along with Xcom Enemy unknown. And My friend forced me to play some games of league with him.

You kind of can't deny that Asscreed BF is pretty alright game.

>What motherboard do you think is good then?
Z170

Also if you can wait a bit, WAIT :
The zen/vega and perhaps 1080ti will be released soon and the prices will drop.

>doesn't exist yet

Then why the fuck is there a 1440p 144hz monitor if AMD doesnt have a card for it

This is fucking retarded. Should I just get a 1070 anyways? If I run the games at 144hz without freesync it's still good right?

Probably, more and more games will start using DX12/Vulkan from here on out, they're already trying to port UE4 and CryEngine over to Vulkan

This so hard. Neither my buddy or I have had any trouble getting windows from kinguin and its way cheaper

I know that doujin!
exhentai.org/g/616002/3cb0b22f76/

My comment from 2013 has 418 upboats. What have I been doing with my life. Why am I still here

It wasn't that clever, user.
I hope your wit has been honed in the past four years.

>Then why the fuck is there a 1440p 144hz monitor if AMD doesnt have a card for it
Well, I mean you can play older shit at 144Hz but don't expect newer games to run that well on even Fury X.

I've installed Windows 10 Pro with Kinguin keys on 4 different computers, no issues and $30 for Windows 10 Pro is way better than $200.

This

I put a 1070 in my 5 year old build and ot still outperforms most current builds

>after market cooler on 6500 is a meme trust me just use the intel one i use it just fine and it stays under 50 even after hours of gaming and idles at 27C
>b150 over h110 adds next to nothing youll actually use
>if you arent going to upgrade to 16gb get 2x4gb sticks and save yourself the headache and waiting if that budget ram comes DOA its not much more money
>wifi in 2016+1 (this ones a joke)

Rx 480 vs 1060 is largely preference youll be fine with either. Otherwise youre fine. Change what ive said to save yourself like 60 bucks and get a 240gb ssd trust me its worth it.

Seems like the general consensus ITT is that AMD is better, so I'll go with the 480.
Does AMD have any recording software alternative similar to shadowplay?

to be fair it was one of the best quotes in american film history

>OP gets his entire build plus a monitor
>barely breaks $900
>I pick half the components and hit $1000

>AMD is better

Then explain why I'm stuck with a monitor with freesync but AMD doesn't even have a card for 1440p 144hz. AMD literally fucked me over

remember wait the new gpu of amd, it might affect the prices.

>If you are a stickler on 40 extra bucks for slightly better performance and constant updates than I guess get the RX 480.
What? The RX480 is $10 - $30 CHEAPER than the 1060. And the performance between them is pretty much equal.

>Also don't mix Intel with AMD. some games don't play nice with that combination.
Is this some kind of troll? You're a fucking dumbass.

I recommend a RX 480 with that. Switch the single stick to 2x4 or add another 8gb down the line. The rest is fine

>go out for gas today
>FUCKING 123 PER LITRE
THANKS KATHLEEN WYNNE
Seriously though why the fuck didn't we have huge price drops when our dollar was better then the american dollar? Fucking retarded kikes, 90 dollars is not acceptable for a new videogame

I'm pretty sure the AMD drivers aren't 100% open source yet.

Not AMD's faulty you couldn't be assed to do basic research. At least they don't charge you a $200 goy tax like Nvidia does for g-sync.

Yes I said that.
You pretty much repeated my post.
>Is this some kind of troll? You're a fucking dumbass.
already explained why I said that in the thread. Read up.

No, wait for a better AMD card.

Freesync and Gsync are incredible technologies, you need to be taking advantage of one or the other.

The RX480's architecture is better designed than the 1060's for DX12/Vulkan stuff.

On top of that, AMD recently bought up a company to do all their driver software and they've put out a ton of amazing driver updates. I think the 480's performance jumped like 15% since launch. I don't know if they can really get much more juice out of it, but at this point the 480's equivalent to the 1060, but cheaper, so it's not even a question of which to get.

Yes, it has replay or relive or something

More efficient than shadowplay, too

I just don't understand why they would make a monitor like that but then I'm unable to take advantage of their technology because RX 480 can't do 1440p 144hz. The 1070 can barely even do that also. Fuck AMD

Ofc Russian did it.
threatconnect.com/blog/reassesing-guccifer-2-0-recent-claims/
secureworks.com/research/threat-group-4127-targets-hillary-clinton-presidential-campaign
nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/10/25/how-hackers-broke-into-john-podesta-dnc-gmail-accounts/
arstechnica.com/security/2016/10/russia-linked-phishing-campaign-behind-the-dnc-breach-also-hit-podesta-powell/

>I put a 1070 in my 5 year old build and ot still outperforms most current builds
Not a shock, video games are almost exclusively GPU limited so even a 5 year old Intel CPU is good enough for 99% of games.

What has that to do with GPUs? What has to do with anything in this thread? What has that to do with video games?

>Which is better?
None, both are garbage.
Also:
Sup Forums - video games.
Not
Sup Forums - chink garbage

> 1080p 60hz monitor
> still want to buy something more than low end CPU

Why people do that ?

AMD doesn't manufacture monitors you colossal retard.

Freesync is an open spec. Manufacturers implement it, or not, on their own initiative. It turns out that freesync is basically 100% free to implement, so everyone implements it in their monitors. Go be a retard somewhere else.

>WOOOOOOW DUDE HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT I COULD HAVE FOUND OUT THAT VEGA WASN'T OUT YET BY DOING A 2 SECOND GOOGLE SEARCH

>gaming
>on that heap of shit
Top fucking lel even Facebook flash games will lag

How important is freesync anyways? Let's say I just use a GTX 1070 at 144hz without it, does it really make a lot of difference?

AMD cards are not "better", they're cheaper. Most of the time when people make a comparison of particular AMD cards to particular Nvidia cards, the AMD card is slightly under the performance of the Nvidia card but you wouldn't really notice the difference all that much.

Is this a meme?

if you have freesync support, when your framerate drops below 144fps the refresh rate will drop to match it allowing you to maintain vert sync

Get the ASUS strix-RX480 card. It costs somewhat more than your regular aftermarket versions, but the extra cooling and performance are worth it. I got mine for 300 bux and this thing never goes beyond 50 degrees centigrade in Risen 3 on Ultra.

I don't know, I haven't got a monitor with it yet
Everything I've heard ranges from "I can't tell the difference" to "More important than going from 30 to 120 fps".

I had that exact build. Actually pretty capable, depending on what you want to play. I recommend upgrading to 2133 MHz RAM though, it'll definitely help that APU. For lighter games like CS:GO at High 1080p, it's great. 720p is the sweet spot for a lot of games at low though

If you poo in a loo, buy nvidia.
If you prefer the street, buy amd.

So if I don't have freesync, the only thing I need to do is maintain 144fps? Kinda hard even with a 1070.

It is silly that AMD still doesnt have their own 1070 at this point

it's personal. If you can see the difference it's amazing, if you don't too bad. It's like being color blind, you don't know what you miss until you see it.

480 8GB > 1060 6GB > 480 4GB > 1060 3GB

Buy for under $200 otherwise save more for 1070.

Is this an nvidia shill?

AMD's 1070 and 1080 equivalent cards are being revealed in like 2 days

It's just another stormnigger replying to the wrong thread by mistake. This has been happening more and more since the election.

Personally I bought 1060 on black Friday because it was $30 or so cheaper. Can't say it's disappointed me yet.

This shit is outdated as fuck lad

kek
this is like buying a diesel car and getting mad you can't use fuel. you're probably too retarded to even understand this analogy you underage piece of shit

The 1060 and 480 seem to be the best cards the buy right now.

Stop being poor and get a fucking GTX 1080 and a case with enough cooling you can OC that fucker to over 2 ghz.

Fucking poorfags.

rx480 is for 1080p 60fps performance
you clearly didn't do your research. it has nothing to do with the 480, you might as well picked the 1060 and you would still be bitching because your retarded ass didn't use google for 3 sec

>December 29th
Literally 5 days ago

those are last years benchmarks lad, go with the times gramps

It's from a video posted a few days ago. It also doesn't really contradict anything anyone's said. Both cards are pretty much equal, with one taking a slight edge in some games. That video didn't even test DX12, either.

>GTX 1080
I just want 1080p 60fps though

>I had that exact build. Actually pretty capable, depending on what you want to play.
I know, I made that list. It's literally the cheapest entry into PC gaming.
>I recommend upgrading to 2133 MHz RAM though, it'll definitely help that APU.
"DDR3-2133" doesn't really exist though.
So you simply overclock the Crucial DIMMs to 1066 MHz (2133 MT/s) yourself. You don't need to waste money on some chink, who simply marked up the same SDRAM for you.
>For lighter games like CS:GO at High 1080p, it's great. 720p is the sweet spot for a lot of games at low though
It's fine for PC exclusives and the included 1600x900 monitor wont tax the APU to much.

>stormnigger
>bleating the liberal rallying cry of "The russians! The russians!"

No, that was an SJW shill, not a stormnigger. Further proving that it's the liberal shitheads that keep trying to drag politics outside of Sup Forums and into the other boards.

According to graph, there are already games only getting 60fps at 1080p. What about this year's games or next year's?

Stop being poor and get at least a GTX 1070 so you won't have to upgrade again in two years.

Will the RX 490 have Win7 driver support?

>According to graph, there are already games only getting 60fps at 1080p.
Does that graph use a 8GB version of RX480, though?

Tell you the truth, both sides are spewing so much shit now that it gets hard to differentiate. Let's split the difference and call him a Sup Forums crossboarder, or just cancer.

> I will keep my gtx 970 at least one more year

how does that make you feel ?

>AMD's 1070 in 2 days

I literally have a 1070 in my cart right now.
I should wait right? Apparently AMD products always get "hyped" but then disappoint in terms of performance though.

You sound like a moron. So no, don't wait. Buy the 1070 right now.

Hopefully nvidia pricedrops it a day from now and fucks you out $40.

Even if you won't get the card, wait, since it might cause a price drop for all the other cards.