What is objectively the best Monster Hunter game? Discuss!

What is objectively the best Monster Hunter game? Discuss!

I'd say Freedom Unite. I haven't even finished Generations. The 3DS version of Tri or whatever was pretty good too.

Hammer is my waifu

Wh-what about MH4U?

it sure as fuck isnt generations. 4u is the best

Gen was fun. Aerial Dual Blade here

I really liked 4, i'd say it was on par with unite

>Je suis monté!
Fuck you

Is that the one before generations on 3DS? That was a lot of fun until it turned into grinding for randomly generated gear. I stilled played the hell out of it.

Generations sucks dick.

The correct answer is 4U

4U thanks to all the content.
Maybe XX will give it a run for it's money if they add content AND fix some of the real design problems like the gathering quests and inventory systems.

I would not consider Gen the best for various obvious reasons. I like it, i enjoyed myself a lot with it.

>mfw trying 4U after months of gen
SWEET 60 FPS
>also mfw using CB in 4U

MHO of course

why do people dislike generations? I liked it better than 4U, personally I was dreading almost every quest past G3 because apex' were a chore. Gogmazios was kinda fun once you figured him out though.

3U. Swimming can be a bit annoying but its better then climbing all the dam time like in 4 and it doesn't have apex bullshit. The monster selection is also better as well.

No joke, I forgot this came out now for a long time. It looks worse than 4u though and I'm finally burnt out on MH so rip.

Frontier is a better game than MHO, unless you are a graphics baby.
Then go back to see movies.
People hate change and everything felt incredibly simple, deviant sets cause homogenization among many players. Though, personally, I hunted various sets and charms like an autist.

Any good monster hunting games that aren't you know, Monster Hunter?
The controls are a huge barrier to entry for me and it seems like a franchise that should be moving forward away from the 3ds.

>I liked it better than 4U, personally
No G rank.
The special moves are mostly useless and shouldn't have been in the game in the first place.
Lackluster monster roster.
No variety of good end game weapons

God Eater I hear.

What is it about the controls you don't like? I'm hoping the Switch does the series some good.

>Lackluster monster roster.
I liked the roster, mostly because they added leviathans back into the game (my boys agnaktor and lagi mostly). It was a little limited because >no sub-species, but there never really is in a non-G release of the game, it was the same with 4. Double cross will fix the issue, its also adding Barroth among some others.

I'm glad they brought Shogun back but adding bleed to him felt unnecessary.

I just get tired of all the Rath subspecies in MonHun. And the monsters that have the exact same hitbox. It gets boring.

I'm not sure I like G rank. You die in 1-2 hits and the monster dies in 5 minutes. I think I prefer the pacing of high rank, feels like more of a slugfest.

None of them. They all have their own grating quirks that keep them from being near perfect.

FU is bogged down by inflated damage, highlighted by the series's earlier, much clunkier feel.

3U has inflated monster health in and out of HR, making some hunts (especially ones that you need to grind for that one material that just won't drop) an extremely monotonous chore - even more so than usual.

4U has climbing which can only slow down and hinder hunts (being knocked far back and onto the ground and then down a slope takes a long fucking time), apex, and a terrible grind for relics.

Generations just has terrible hunt/mission design. Nobody likes having to do multiple gathering quests per Village rank just to get to the funner, later hunts.

unless you're a gunner, you sure as hell shouldn't be getting 1-2 hit unless it's a super rajang, and 5 minutes? are you talking about a decked out party of 4? It should take about 15 or so to solo g ranks

>>no sub-species
That's a good thing really. Its not very fun fighting recolored monsters that act mostly the same as their regular counter part.

>The special moves are mostly useless
Depends on the weapon; dumb as fuck generalization though. Certain weapons, like LS, S&S, DBs etc... have insane hunter arts. The evasion arts are useful for every weapon as well, and some of the others are fun for gimmick builds.

>shouldn't have been in the game in the first place
Shitty opinion. Hunter arts are fun and exactly the breath of fresh air the series needed. They didn't go overboard with them either

>No variety of good end game weapons
Just like 4U then. At least Generations has a decent amount of endgame weapons, as opposed to the ~10 that were all from Elder Dragons in 4U

MH noob, how do I get into this game? (generations)

In one of the first missions I had to mine rocks to find dragon bones or something and I ran around mining everything for 40 minutes and failed because I only found 3 out of 4. never touched the game since but it looks kinda fun in the mid-late game. wat do

google what you need to get and see what areas of the map you need to go to to get it.

the game gets a lot better after all the gathering missions

ok thanks