Did Kojima fuck up hiring so many real actors for DeathStranding?

Did Kojima fuck up hiring so many real actors for DeathStranding?

Yes, because he's driving the budget through the roof that he probably had to sell by now. He did this shit with MGSV, in fact, that whole game felt like he was fucking around.

It seems to get him publicity and that is really all that matters.

No. He's just using what he knows from films to actually try and evolve games within the lense of pop culture: put some stars in your project that actually give a shit.

You have no idea what is budget is, or how much (if anything, I seriously doubt Del Torro cost a cent) he has had to pay any of them.

Kojima doesn't make games anymore. He's one of those people who are famous because they hang out with famous people.

Reedus and Del Toro are his buddies, so they're probably reasonably priced.

Joosten is his waifu so she's going in regardless at this point.

The only really big budgeted one is probably Mads.

I thought this too, but then I looked up that Norom Feedus only gets $80,000 per episode in Walking Dead

>The only really big budgeted one is probably Mads.

you're forgetting that Mads is fucking based and was also blown away by the project, which knowing him it might mean that he's also giving the buddy discount

catholic priests have been fucking boys since about 322 AD, you ignorant frogspawn. in ancient greece it was considered normal.

kojima needs to drop the fucking act, direct a movie and get it out of his system.

THE JOOST IS LOOSE

>I seriously doubt Del Torro cost a cent
All of the leaks so far was supposedly by a member of Del Torro's crew.

Honestly speaking, what does an Italian man have in common with a Japanese man, that only speaks via translator?

Their love for each others work and film in general. They share a lotta cultural interests.

>Italian
They like each other's work.

I hope Joosten isn't in it, she's just terrible.

>Kojima with a co-writer

Guaranteed to be good.

>Thinking actors just throw out discounts for friends
>Thinking he paid barely anything for the whole cast
You guys are fucking insane

Nobody gives anyone discounts just because they're friends
>I like you so here take back half of the money the company we both work for owes me, because we are such good friends
wut

this to infinity

Things people who aren't in entertainment think.
There are a million and one reasons that an actor would do a project on the cheap, especially in when they are going into a new media.

Hiring Based ChiefKief for Venom was cheaper then getting David Hayter a VA

nice try lol

>italian
He's mexican you donut

They're both massive turbonerds who love each other's work, they're made for each other

>the whole game felt like he was fucking around
Weird, it felt to me like he was really trying but got fucked hard by too many external factors

>Normon

You guys are fucking idiots. If you cast an actor that relative to other actors costs more, it's because the actor will cause more revenue, thus creating more money for the product. Also giving Joosten a role and paying it by repeatedly ramming Kojima's dick up her holes isn't going to fucking skyrocket a budget.

isnt del taco from Spain

Nope, mexico

IIRC one of his family members was either killed or held hostage by the cartel so he fled the country

"Nojima"

is that just Kojima's codename?>

Kojima has had a co-writer for every game he's ever made.

Yup.

really?
fuck i remember my mother told me that the spanish used in Pans labyrinth was not the mexican one
>mexi weeb here

>people think his friends are going to bleed him dry so he can never make games again
right
I wouldn't be surprised if some of them argued to be paid after release.

Kojima has always been a celebrity-obsessed westaboo. The difference is that now he actually gets to work with Hollywood actors instead of illegally using their likenesses in 8-bit computer games released for an obscure platform.

He's a native-born Mexican from Spaniard parents.

>normon

At least spell check first

is that Sean Connery as Big Boss?

Kojima and his games are overrated.

Yes.

>This is what happens when Kojima goes unchecked
He should just stop pretending to care about videogames and go direct a movie already.

These people aren't his friends, they act friendly to him so the stupid cunt can throw money at them

Kojima has no real friends, why do you think he always hangs around with D-List celebrities? To make himself feel important.

Would YOU unironically hang out with that fucking weirdo?

Really

The spanish used in Pan's Labyrinth is authentic spanish, because del toro gave enough of a shit to consider accuracy

fun fact: the actor who played the sadistic general in that movie was basically the spanish equivalent of steve carrell before he was cast in that role

I would

hell yeah, fuck you

i didnt say it wasnt authentic from my understanding was that Pan Lab spanish was a different variation
i dont speak spanish anyway so i couldnt tell

By "authentic" I mean Spanish from Spain, as opposed to Mexican Spanish

so you're right, it is a different variation

jooste, again?

oh well thanks
i really dont know too much about my own race besides cooking and a small understanding of spanish

It's gonna get worse when Elba, gosling and blake lively gets confirmed

>especially in when they are going into a new media.

It's a fucking video game.

This isn't going to be a prestigious new way for them to get brand exposure.

Video games are getting increasingly more mainstream and Kojima is known for making high budget well received game.
It's not that much of a stretch.

Source on how much the actors are paid?

yeah, i like shinkawa's character design, and it will be less relevant when all the main characters look like real actors, the game will look like a quantic dream game instead of a kojima production game

>MONEY
>MONEY
>MONEY

Absolutely none of you know how much they are getting paid.
In fact, the only thing close to a number we have is what Wall Street Journal said about the COD franchise.
A franchise where people like Gary Oldman, Idris Elba, Ed Harris, Michael Keathon, 50 Cent, Sam Worthington and even Kiefer Sutherland and Troy Baker worked.
You know how much they said Activision spent, from COD1 to Black Ops 3, in VA work?
5 million dollars.

People here say that hiring actors is expensive because YOU THINK it is expensive.
Nothing more.
Not a single person who has ever said that Kojima blew away the budget in actors has provided a single source to any of his claims.

Shinkawa's character design is all in the clothing and detail

There's literally nothing remarkable about the people themselves unless they've got weird shit sticking out of their heads or something, which can still easily be done with an actor's face

>Kojima is known for making high budget

which was the reason Konami let him go in the first place.

Kojima is a fucking hack and it's just going to be one long pretentious cutscene of retarded garbage.

No, actors simply see VA work as an easy way to get some money.
Not nearly as much as doing a movie, sure, but $200k for sitting for 2 hours in front of a mic?
Nobody is going to say no to that.

>get paid a fixed amount of money for my services
>contract ends, all's well
>5 years later the franchise which I worked for has made over 15 billion dollaridoos
>this somehow makes me entitled to additional money

If I win the lottery do I need to give a share of my money to the guy who sold me the ticket?

Lemme guess SAG thinks that they should be getting paid larger cuts.
Considering there are often much more people involved in game production than in film (with a crap ton of programmers and QUA testers, plus all the other positions seen in a CG film), i think they should really stop complaining. Maybe an equal pay amount to someone in a CG TV series or movie, or whatever based on lines, but these unions are always greedy

Speculation. OP pic is a shitty mock up by some retarded fan boy, not official despite being comically named as a promo image

Doesn't mean the game will be bad, but it does show his focus is in the wrong place, dumping cash into famous actors will not make a better GAME.

Can we all just agree that there is no GAMEPLAY in death stranding
im not falling for the hype after MGSV

until MGS3 all the character's faces looked exactly as shinkawa's sketches, even some action figure, i liked that style and now as you said it's only the clothes, mecha, vehicle and weapons, because muh realism

They are not going to have any effect because they don't realize that videogames are not like movies.
Actors can make or break a movie, a movie with Robert Downey Jr. is an automatic success.
Not in videogames, that's a secondary stuff.

Gross oversimplification.

Konami fired him because they don't want anything to do with AAA dev cycles. Too much money invested over too long a stretch of time, while they wanted quick and easy bursts of cash. Hence, their investment in pachislots and mobile games. Kojima was remarkably safe money for them, he made back well over double the budger of MGSV in the first few days after release. He just wanted to take his time making his games the best he could, and Konami are the kind of company who will tell you they want you to give them their money yesterday.

Yes, and?
That has zero to do with what we are talking about.

>Can we all just agree that there is no GAMEPLAY in death stranding
Because the game's been in development for 6 months?
Gameplay is not like a trailer, it's something that you must carefully get ready before even showing, it's not like just making a cutscene.

MGS5 had good gameplay tho

>far cry 5
>good gameplay

That doesn't have anything to do with what he said.
And Konami fired him because they want fast and easy money, which is why the next, and probably last, Metal Gear game, is a game made 95% of reused assets.

i think konami will still make AAA games but of the annual release kind, not the "when the game is ready" kind

Why does Joost look so autistic?

>Joosten confirmed in the game
HOW FUCKING OBVIOUS IS IT THAT HIDEO WANTS TO SLIP HIS LITTLE NOPPIN WINKY IN HER CUNT

no excuse its just like NMS we need to know what do we do in the game or is it just another Cinematic Experience

we were promised so much more thanwhat was delivered

The only ones who have ever said that Joosten is in the game is Sup Forums, like 99% of the claims Sup Forums has made about Kojima after MGSV's release.
What's worse is that the manchildren in here are so idiotic they believe everything they read and start spreading it out.

>Joosten in Death Stranding
Please tell me this isnt true. That cunt and her stupid character ruined MGSV.
inb4 Joostfags yell at me.

btw, it's been confirmed that Del Toro was used to scan his model-- and that's it.

They're getting some one else to do the motion capture/voice acting, Toro's too busy.

How do you know she isn't in the game?

source?

It's fucking shit gameplay.

>no excuse
How is it not a fucking excuse that the game's been in development for 6 months.
There's nothing to show because absolutely no one can build anything worth showing in 6 months.
Seriously, does anyone, a single person in Sup Forums now a single thing about videogame development?

>we expected so much more than what was promised
FTFY

you know it's true

How the fuck is it confirmed? Yet to see any source beyond speculation. And that image doesn't count, it's clearly some homemade effort by some cunt who can't spell and thinks that an official promo image would reuse a shot of Mads in character from one of his previous fucking movies.

It has everything to do with this thread.

People are speculating that the budget for high talent actors isn't going to be that expensive because they know Kojima.

However this isn't a case where Kojima is doing them a favor by having them in the game, they're doing him a favor. This is his first game after leaving Konami and he's under the impression he needs to go big.

So it's more likely he's able to get such talent because he's paying well and this is going to be yet another example of him inflating a game's cost (ex. well known actors).

and there's even MORE rumored actors that he's trying to get.

too busy snorting cocaine in hollywood

Why would I think she is when absolutely no one has ever said that?
It's probably those cringeworthy Joosten waifufags who are trying to force some meme in order to spam their Joosten folder.

If you think Kojimbo hasn't gotten multiple sloppy blowjobs from the whore already while they were working on MGSV, you are insane.

>beliving some BS image he sees on Sup Forums
>NORMON REEDUS

i dont have a time code (i watched it live), but Kojima/Geoff Keighly/Cerny/etc. did a live talk at PSX.

Sure as hell hope they get someone else for his voice acting. The dudes English is barely better than Kojima's.

kys

How do you know Judi Dench isn't in it?

You don't have to prove someone is absent from a production when their presence has never been suggested. On the other hand, when you claim someone is present in the game when it's never been remotely implied, evidence needs to be provided.

>we were promised so much more thanwhat was delivered
No, you weren't.
You started doing a circlejerk and making expectations from a developer that never did such a thing before.
You started hyping yourselves up based on absolutely nothing.
For fucks sake, i've even read people who were dissapointed there wasn't a complete soccer mechanic in MGSV.
It was impossible for MGSV to fulfill any expectations when not even GTA V, the most expensive videogame in history, got close to what people expected from MGSV.

Seriously, which drooling retard made this image because it sure as fuck ain't official or even a little professional.

Was it the ''Normon Reedus''?

NO JUDI? FUCKING DROPPED

I know right? I was disappointed too as soon as I typed it out

I was saying they are doing on the cheap so they can get in on kojima's future projects,

hes right tho
remember all those lies about your mother base?